Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report (1591 Views)

Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock / The Participation Of Northern Youths In The Ongoing #olympics Is Extremely Poor. / Population Of Extremely Poor Persons In Nigeria Hits 102m — NECA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by chibuzorAbia: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rossikk:

USELESS FOOL Instead of disturbing us with all these dodgy ''reports'' from God-knows-where, why not tell us what YOU are doing to help your fellow Nigerian? Do you have a business employing people? Did you join a charity? What have YOU done?

Is it not your mates forming start-ups in Yaba that are attracting millions of dollars in investment from overseas? If you are productive, you will have no time or inclination to be posting all this useless rubbish. GET WORKING.

It is not ROCKET science! Your economic growth rate is 2% but your birth rate is like 7 - 8% annually.........

A country full of really really really foolish men!

The most useless species of man on this planet!

1 Like

Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by horsepower101: 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rossikk name one country on this planet that successfully reduced poverty or developed without strong pro-economic government policies?

Private sector is not enough to get people out of poverty without strong well crafted government policies. It impossible
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by horsepower101: 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

It is not ROCKET science! Your economic growth rate is 2% but your birth rate is like 7 - 8% annually.........

Thank you. I was having this same discussion the other day with a friend.
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by Rossikk(m): 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

What have YOU done to increase our GDP growth rate? Do you run a business? If not, shut up and get lost because you are useless.
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by chibuzorAbia: 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rossikk:

What have YOU done to increase our GDP growth rate? Do you run a business? If not, shut up and get lost because you are useless.

I do not have a business BUT I have 1 child and will not go any further. I have advised those closest to me to do the same and most have adhered to the advice. In my own little way I have helped reduce the population and unemployment burden on the country. Fool!
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by Rossikk(m): 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2019
horsepower101:
Rossikk name one country on this planet that successfully reduced poverty or developed without strong pro-economic government policies?

Private sector is not enough to get people out of poverty without strong well crafted government policies. It impossible

Look, ''strong well crafted government policies'' are in the eyes of the beholder. Is it not in this same Nigeria with its supposedly terrible govt policies that INNOSON began from 0 naira, to now become the biggest indigenous vehicle manufacturer in Africa, producing over 20,000 vehicles per annum?

I was listening to the man on telly the other day. I doubt he even has a WAEC certificate, from the way he was speaking that English. Yet look at him.

Yet we have all these uselesss youths here disturbing us every day with nonsense excuses, and dodgy reports from foreign sources.

Abeg make we hear something ojare.

Go to Yaba and see small boys initiating startups that are generating interest from Google, Facebook, and Silicon Valley firms. Wetin concern them with govt policy? All they have is their computers and self-taught software and marketing skills. Finish. And they're making millions of dollars.

1 Like

Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by chibuzorAbia: 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
i08033463477:
WTF! you have proved with this comment that you know nothing and you just an old man being fed and sheltered by his parents. Do you know what it takes to run business? Has the govt provide energy or even road? Do you know what businesses suffer because of power outage. Buhari is a complete failure

So Buhari took the power away abi? And after that he deconstructed the roads that were there abi? All in 3.8 years, abi?

Well done sir!
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by chibuzorAbia: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rossikk:

Look, ''strong well crafted government policies'' are in the eyes of the beholder. Is it not in this same Nigeria with its supposedly terrible govt policies that INNOSON began from 0 naira, to now become the biggest indigenous vehicle manufacturer in Africa, producing over 20,000 vehicles per annum?

I was listening to the man on telly the other day. I doubt he even has a WAEC certificate, from the way he was speaking that English. Yet look at him.

Yet we have all these uselesss youths here disturbing us every day with nonsense excuses, and dodgy reports from foreign groups.

Abeg make we hear something ojare.

Go to Yaba and see small boys initiating startups that are generating interest from Google, Facebook, and Silicon Valley firms. Wetin concern them with govt policy? All they have is their computers and self-taught software and marketing skills. Finish. And they're making millions of dollars.

Even if all of these desirable stuff happen we'll still be dirt poor. Why? Because the population growth rate will more than offset any little improvement in the economy. Nigerian men really need to keep their useless and poverty inducing preek in their pants!!!
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by Rossikk(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Even if all of these desirable stuff happen we'll still be dirt poor. Why? Because the population growth rate will more than offset any little improvement in the economy. Nigerian men really need to keep their useless and poverty inducing preek in their dirty pants!!!

Wrong. If MORE Nigerians like you went entrepreneural, it will jack up the GDP growth rate and take care of population growth. Let those who want to have kids do so. It's none of your business. Or did anybody advise your mother before she had you?
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by chibuzorAbia: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rossikk:

Wrong. If MORE Nigerians like you went entrepreneural, it will jack up the GDP growth rate and take care of population growth. Let those who want to have kids do so. It's none of your business. Or did anybody advise your mother before she had you?

Ok now I got you! You are stating theoretical ideals and not practical, pragmatic, realistic approach. A little idiotic.

1 Like

Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by debaj10: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
y is dis news?
mcheeeww
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by GreyLaw(m): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
Interesting article with the sole aim of blackmailing Nigerians into having less children, or even none. I can see some posters already bragging about having just one child. I laugh.

Now this effectively puts the blame of Nigeria's rottenness on the citizens and not the useless leaders (from the corrupt civil servant to the corrupt presidents -- no matter how much saintliness they feign). For heaven's sake countries like China, USA, Indonesia have bigger population that us and yet they are striving to be better everyday. But now the narrative has changed and we now blame ourselves instead of the gluttons in positions of leadership.

I will say this: if our resources are equittably managed, our population wouldn't be a problem. However, we have thieves and demons for rulers, who steal the food of a million men for a single stomach!

And for those posting rubbish and trying to absolve the government of their failures I say shame on you. We can see through you. You are all part of Nigeria's problem if you think government has no role to play. The average Nigerian generates his power and water and tries to do every other thing for himself. What indeed does the government do other than steal, steal and steal a bit more?

Again, shame on you!
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by Rossikk(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Ok now I got you! You are stating theoretical ideals and not practical, pragmatic, realistic approach. A little idiotic.

Look at you. Be waiting for government. I bet you 95% of critics here have never tried to access any of these micro-credit schemes that have arisen, some of which need no collateral to get business loans. You expect Buhari to come to your house and drop a bag of money.

Do you know that today you can start with ZERO naira, and draw up a business plan and proposal for a great business idea you've come up with, and attract millions in international finance for it? It is happening here in Nigeria as we speak.

Once you remove your focus from ''the government'', and what it should be doing or not doing, you'll be shocked by how much you can achieve in this country.
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by chibuzorAbia: 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2019
GreyLaw:
Interesting article with the sole aim of blackmailing Nigerians into having less children, or even none. I can see some posters already bragging about having just one child. I laugh.

Now this effectively puts the blame of Nigeria's rottenness on the citizens and not the useless leaders (from the corrupt civil servant to the corrupt presidents -- no matter how much saintliness they feign). For heaven's sake countries like China, USA, Indonesia have bigger population that us and yet they are striving to be better everyday. But now the narrative has changed and we now blame ourselves instead of the gluttons in positions of leadership.

I will say this: if our resources are equittably managed, our population wouldn't be a problem However, we have thieves and demons for rulers, who steal the food of a million men for a single stomach!

And for those posting rubbish and trying to absolve the government of their failures I say shame on you. We can see through you. You are all part of Nigeria's problem if you think government has no role to play. The average Nigerian generates his power and water and tries to do every other thing for himself. What indeed does the government do other than steal, steal and steal a bit more?

Again, shame on you!

That IF is a big one. I will base my decisions on what is on ground. I have seen many uncles go to early grave because of unbearable family maintenance. That's why most people over 50 are highly involved in the urban to rural migration. Broke and broken. Not me. I am managing very well with 1 kid and my neighbors come to me for assistance with their 3 - 5 children- whole family looking thin and badly malnourished.

Make your own choice but be aware our resources will not be equitably shared for the next 50 - 100 years to come.
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by chibuzorAbia: 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rossikk:

Look at you. Be waiting for government. I bet you 95% of critics here have never tried to access any of these micro-credit schemes that have arisen, some of which need no collateral to get business loans. You expect Buhari to come to your house and drop a bag of money.

Do you know that today you can start with ZERO naira, and draw up a business plan and proposal for a great business idea you've come up with, and attract millions in international finance for it? It is happening here in Nigeria as we speak.

Once you remove your focus from ''the government'', and what it should be doing or not doing, you'll be shocked by how much you can achieve in this country.

Read my other posts and stop getting hyper over this issue.
Re: 46% Of Nigerians Are Extremely Poor - Report by GreyLaw(m): 8:42am On Apr 20, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

That IF is a big one. I will base my decisions on what is on ground. I have seen many uncles go to early grave because of unbearable family maintenance. That's why most people over 50 are highly involved in the urban to rural migration. Broke and broken. Not me. I am managing very well with 1 kid and my neighbors come to me for assistance with their 3 - 5 children- whole family looking thin and badly malnourished.

Make your own choice but be aware our resources will not be equitably shared for the next 50 - 100 years to come.

1. Urban to rural migration is not necessarily a bad thing. Some people, especially those from the East and some other parts of the country who love to build huge mansions at home prefer to move home when they get older. Some love the peace and calm that the rural area affords them after their children are all grown up.

2. It's your choice and it's not good or bad to have one child. What is good is to have children you can sufficiently cater for. Wealth is relative. Some people can easily and sufficiently cater for 4 - 5 children. You cannot force them to have one.

3. You took a great decision to have one. I respect and applaud you for that, as it shows that you want the best for you and your family. However, only you and your family will feel the good effects of your decision because Nigerians, especially the polygamous from the North and parts of the South will continue to have multuple children and so our society will continue to suffer.

4. This still brings us to the fact that Nigeria has to start applying resources equitably. When our leaders begin to do what is right population wouldn't then be a problem.

5. Corruption is not Nigeria's problem per se; Nigeria's problem is the useless 1999 constitution drafted by the military which breeds corruption and absolves leaders of their evil.

6. Did you know that our present constition prohibits a probe into any and everything that happened within the military era of which Gowon, Babangida, Obasanjo and Buhari are living protagonists of every evil that happened then?

7. Until these evils, lopsideness and aberrations in our constition is addressed and leaders and regimes are brought under the weight of the law to answer for their actions, and then resources are equitably utilised, Nigeria is chasing shadows!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast Nigeria Again. / Reno Omokri Reacts To CBN New Policy On Depositing Cash / El-Zakzaky, Dasuki chose to be with us because we are taking care of them - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.