Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

"Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce (31156 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: The Attendance At Obi's Jos Rally Is Poor / Ben Bruce's Voting By SMS: Nigerians React (Photos) / Ben Bruce Shares A Quote Of Goodluck Jonathan From 3-years Ago!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by EdiAbali: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
BlacSmit:
I hate when people feel they know something when they know nothing.

He should use this same theory to explain why China isn't poor,,,

Corruption is the Major reason Nigerians are poor.

Zombie first read and understand

China economy is growing faster than their population,
When Chinese population was growing than their economy, their leaders made law that prevents husband and wife from having 2 kids, husband and wife only have one child, they enforced the law, if you get pregnant after having one kid, police will arrest you, sue you to court, then they will forcefully abort the baby.
The law lasted for 30 years, it was recently they turned the law after their economy has become strong.
They can only have 2 babies now.
A Chinese between 4 to 30 years don't have brother or sister.
A Chinese can not have 2 wives just like the USA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by mechanics(m): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2019
He should say the truth, their allowance has to be reduce drastically for development to take place.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Ayobami7(m): 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
好的
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by senchibi: 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
BlacSmit:

BlacSmit:

You are the one that knows nothing ���

This is from Wikipedia
One-child policy

China's one-child policy was part of a birth planning program designed to control the size of its population. Distinct from the family planning policies of most other countries (which focus on providing contraceptive options to help women have the number of children they want), it set a limit on the number of children parents could have, the world's most extreme example of population planning. It was introduced in 1979 (after a decade-long two-child policy),

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by MisterGrace: 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
BlacSmit:

I think you are the illiterate here.

China face the problems of over population even harder than you think.

They have introduced birth control policies to save their future.

They are smart enough to send out their people who will remain in the countries they went to work.

Just Google it.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Elvis778(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2019
BlacSmit:

in China, u don't give birth to more than t children, b4 it was 1
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Elvis778(m): 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

#Ben Bruce is our population more than that of China

Leadership is the problem!!!

Death sentence for ALL corrupt officials and let's see if our fortune will not turn around for good!
Population is one of our major problem.
You ask of China, is our economy as big as that of China?? China's economy is about 10 times our own.
And mind you, you can't give birth to more than 2 children in China
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Elvis778(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2019
China has birth control policies, China has land mass, China has plenty industries and enough resources.
We are bigger than our resources here in Nigeria, our population density is so high due to little land mass, we have lesser industries, nothing is working.
Assuming PMB is a goodleader, and he decides to create 20k Jobs of which i know that's the much our country's resources can offer for now,
do you think it would be enough??
C'mon, we have over 3 million unemployed youths,
about 30k youths graduate every year,
which means the 20k jobs won't even go half.
So you see why we should tackle population first??
Wiseandtrue:

Population is a positive tool in the hands of a good leader that knows what he is doing!

Isn't there a saying "you use what you have to get what you want

China has the population and they utilized it!!!

How are we utilizing ours Corrupt politicians laundering money here and there still be shouting corruption

Remove sentiments and Let there be a death penalty and let's see what happens

No economy will grow with complain and excuses!!!
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by olas24u(f): 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2019
MrSly:

First of all, it's Igbo not IBO as you wrote out of ignorance or laziness. Secondly, Radio Biafra is not the cause of your race's political cowardice and north-phobia. So deal with it.
a member of an indigenous black people of southeastern Nigeria, renowned as traders and for their art.
the language of the Ibo, a Kwa language.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by olas24u(f): 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
MrSly:

First of all, it's Igbo not IBO as you wrote out of ignorance or laziness. Secondly, Radio Biafra is not the cause of your race's political cowardice and north-phobia. So deal with it.
the day you igbos behave and thin right,the country will change
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Joshrock: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2019
BlacSmit:

Did you skip where he wrote population is GROWING FASTER than economy... China's economy is not stagnant

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by wordcat(m): 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
vertueptime:

If ur educated ul know hes collecting his entitlement, it is not corruption it is legal an legit

Professor

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by wordcat(m): 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
Joshrock:

Did you skip where he wrote population is GROWING FASTER than economy... China's economy is not stagnant

Is population the reason for our stagnant economy?

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by legalwealth(m): 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
Realtord43:
If you want to control birth rate how do u want aboki to win election

grin
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by leofab(f): 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
BlacSmit:

only if you can read ? Do you know China has same policy? How will You know ?
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by abdulr747(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2019
BlacSmit:

China is rich because their economy depends on human resources. Nigeria on the other hand a country of 200 million people depends on about 2 million barrels of oil output per day from Niger Delta half of what Qatar a country with a population of 2.5 million people produce.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Junior66:

China has been trying desperately to reduce her population for the past 30 years so you don't have a point there. Once population growth rate exceeds economic growth rate then population is no longer an asset but a menace. That is the troublesome situation with Nigeria at present.
Buhari is a failure!!!
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Warship: 9:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
wordcat:

Is population the reason for our stagnant economy?

One of the reasons.

When people have less to invest in other productive sectors due to large family size.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Okoroawusa: 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
omenkaLives:
You are right per the bad leadership angle, but so is Bruce per the population angle. The country you mentioned have positive economic indices growing faster than the rate of growth of their population. Ditto India.

Same cannot be said of the Nigerian situation.

That said, Bruce and his brood of incurably corrupt colleagues are part of the problems we have in this country. Has he for a moment sat down to think of the opportunity cost of what the country spends on them?

What about his debts? Has he ever imagined what might have been if he wasnt such a bad debtor?

His suggestions are good, but he's also part of the problem.
I couldn't have agreed more with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by sweetilicious(f): 9:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
I can only do three kids
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by bibe(m): 10:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

My opinion differs! Population isn't the problem but corruption is!!!

We have to work within our means as a country!!!

The legislatives is not only the problem, the Executives are too!!!

It will be hypocritical to fault the legislatives and ignore the Executive who has the final say!!!

The Executives cannot retain their extravagant life style and expect the legislatives to review theirs!!!

A good leader will lead by example!!!

Afterall it's one of his electoral promises he promised to review if elected!!!

It's not as if the government is doing so much for the people as it is

They are just servicing themselves!!!

Our population is indeed the problem, but to understand how, you have to take a closer look at it in terms of economic considerations.

Now our population may not be more than China's but have you considered the fact that the same China has a birth control policy in place? Have you ever wondered why they have refused to remove the policy?

If you look at the Western world, the same is obtainable. From Europe to the US. They started with one man one wife, then through education and now though hypnosis, yes hypnosis (you can never see a Hollywood movie showing you a family with more than 2 kids) It may seem subtle but media controls our thoughts and behaviour for better or worse.

For example look at the proliferation of churches in Nigeria. You'll find that Nollywood is the root cause of it cos almost every movie you see attaches every problem to something spiritual and ends with one clergy carrying out this spirit or that spirit. This affects the people's psyche and boom they start looking for such 'redemption centers'

We can also see the impact of MTV on our youths these days.

Now you say corruption is the problem, have you seen corruption arraigned in courts before? Is not not humans you see being arraigned? The correct assessment is that this population (when not a product of need) is what fuels the corruption in us. Let's face it, every human being is corrupt, but what fuels it and makes it manifest is when he/she lacks access to resources. That's what these other countries have come to realise and had been preaching birth control to those who want to hear.

Based purely on economics of need in this 21st century, I tell you solemnly that no one needs (emphasis on need) more than 2 children. Anything more than that is want satisfaction and if you understand basic economics you'd know already that human wants are insatiable. In other words, we've populated our society with wants which then turns into want induced need later on as those children grow up and will need food, shelter, job and security.

Lemme just end it with a simple analogy, all the world countries are keke drivers. The ones who have less to feed compared to their income will grow and prosper more than the ones who have more to feed compared to their income.

Reflect on it.

3 Likes

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 20, 2019
joseph6071:
The Nigeria senator and CEO of Silverbird TV, Ben Murray Bruce has come out to tell why the nation is poor and also the way forward.

See what he wrote...

"We are poor, majorly because our population is growing faster than our economy. We must introduce population control policies so we can slow population growth and hasten economic growth. If we do not do that and do it soon, I shudder to think of what will happen to Nigeria."

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/04/why-nigeria-is-poor-senator-ben-bruce.html

able foresighted senator, let's us not worry yet cos with all the tragedy befalling Nigeria we are at the explosion stage yet by the time the country population fully overgrows Nigeria will implode then no place for any class of people whether rich or poor.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Warship: 12:39am On Apr 21, 2019
bibe:

Our population is indeed the problem, but to understand how, you have to take a closer look at it in terms of economic considerations.

Now our population may not be more than China's but have you considered the fact that the same China has a birth control policy in place? Have you ever wondered why they have refused to remove the policy?

If you look at the Western world, the same is obtainable. From Europe to the US. They started with one man one wife, then through education and now though hypnosis, yes hypnosis (you can never see a Hollywood movie showing you a family with more than 2 kids) It may seem subtle but media controls our thoughts and behaviour for better or worse.

For example look at the proliferation of churches in Nigeria. You'll find that Nollywood is the root cause of it cos almost every movie you see attaches every problem to something spiritual and ends with one clergy carrying out this spirit or that spirit. This affects the people's psyche and boom they start looking for such 'redemption centers'

We can also see the impact of MTV on our youths these days.

Now you say corruption is the problem, have you seen corruption arraigned in courts before? Is not not humans you see being arraigned? The correct assessment is that this population (when not a product of need) is what fuels the corruption in us. Let's face it, every human being is corrupt, but what fuels it and makes it manifest is when he/she lacks access to resources. That's what these other countries have come to realise and had been preaching birth control to those who want to hear.

Based purely on economics of need in this 21st century, I tell you solemnly that no one needs (emphasis on need) more than 2 children. Anything more than that is want satisfaction and if you understand basic economics you'd know already that human wants are insatiable. In other words, we've populated our society with wants which then turns into want induced need later on as those children grow up and will need food, shelter, job and security.

Lemme just end it with a simple analogy, all the world countries are keke drivers. The ones who have less to feed compared to their income will grow and prosper more than the ones who have more to feed compared to their income.

Reflect on it.

You nailed it but will they grasp your point.?

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by mikolo80: 1:35am On Apr 21, 2019
BlacSmit:

china is poor
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 21, 2019
BlacSmit:

Corruption is also the reason why China implemented ONE child policy per family from 1979 - 2015 ?

One solution cannot solve TWO problems.

Stop being deceived by the corruption mantra.

Nigeria is an extremely poor country.

1 Like

Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by tiwiex(m): 7:02am On Apr 21, 2019
BlacSmit:

You are right. So is he. Corruption is not leaving money behind to grow our economy. But... Our population growth rate is not helping. Especially when you realize the population won't be productive in the long run. Thanks to poor education and power.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2019
BlacSmit:

corruption is part of our problems. But birth control is one area that needs to be urgently control. We are feeding more mouth than available resources after looting from politicians.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by MrSly(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2019
olas24u:

the day you igbos behave and thin right,the country will change
Of course, Igbo won't be seen as reasonable to yoloba Moslems as long as they don't have slavery mentality. But everybody were not created to be slaves.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by olas24u(f): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2019
MrSly:

Of course, Igbo won't be seen as reasonable to yoloba Moslems as long as they don't have slavery mentality. But everybody were not created to be slaves.
Your tribe enslaved every other Nigerian with your unitrary system.you don't have sense,you are not even politically savvy.your politics is shit.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by MrSly(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
olas24u:

Your tribe enslaved every other Nigerian with your unitrary system.you don't have sense,you are not even politically savvy.your politics is shit.
Lol. You thought I was talking you politics with. I can't discussnpolitics because your politics belongs to north. You don't have any political game outside north. So what can you say politically? Absolutely nothing. I think I have honoured you enough.
Re: "Why Nigeria Is Poor" - Ben Bruce by olas24u(f): 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
MrSly:

Lol. You thought I was talking you politics with. I can't discussnpolitics because your politics belongs to north. You don't have any political game outside north. So what can you say politically? Absolutely nothing. I think I have honoured you enough.
You that have never been in opposition before,yorubas have been in opposition for a very long time,so stop hating .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Escapes Being Beaten At Meeting Of National Dialogue In Benin / Fears Over Obasanjo’s Link With Foreign Poll Observers / Gbajabiamila Decorating His Security Aides With Their New Ranks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.