Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion (18445 Views)

Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" / Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 20, 2019
Nigeria Banks are all the same. Access Bank particularly are thieves. They wiped out my 5k I used to open account with them within 3 years. Criminals they are. I never touched the account let alone withdraw a dime till the balance becomes 0.10 Maura before they stopped. Barawo. Ole. Criminals. Corporate Thieves.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by ibietela2(m): 8:36am On Apr 20, 2019
SALES
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by afoltundeseen(f): 8:43am On Apr 20, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Abeg leave that for UBA. I have a Corperate Account i abandoned with a balance of 10K since 2012. Now the account is in a debit of 806 Naira.

Na only God go punish Nigerian banks.
very correct. I had 1500 as at 2014, now I'm left with a balance of just 70 naira. Deductions every month.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by Cityguy: 8:51am On Apr 20, 2019
Give all the loans you want. just make sure my money is available whenever I need it.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by Bizibi(m): 9:04am On Apr 20, 2019
All these banks are the same to me.....
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2019
maryjames9:
Nigeria Banks are all the same. Access Bank particularly are thieves. They wiped out my 5k I used to open account with them within 3 years. Criminals they are. I never touched the account let alone withdraw a dime till the balance becomes 0.10 Maura before they stopped. Barawo. Ole. Criminals. Corporate Thieves.
You are right. All banks are same. But I give kudos to stanbic ibtc, its the only bank that my account get credit without deducting it back. At least on my savings account. It is ok. But I have abandoned my gtb for same reason. Polaris bank (old sky bank account) is the worst. I opened a savings account with 5k, for a sole purpose to get visa card like 4 years ago only for them to print MasterCard for me despite they charged me for visa card after convincing me that I would get visa then during the recess . I was furious and I abandoned the account only to keep deducting a savings account oo, that supposed to be appreciating. Now its below the minimum of 2k opening balance.
I believe they all belong to a cartel that steal our money, as in, eh, cooperate robbery.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by Bluntemperor: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2019
Lalasclala are you sensitizing your viewers on the 3-trillions Loan Portfolio that is irrecoverable? chopped by Management,Politicians and mostly the Bank Directors and soon you chase the less privileged to payback what was never given in the first place.i am an advocate of low Interest facilities.It is cheating on over 200Million Nigerians by any Financial Institution to charge as high Rate of Interest as 18-25%,? Why? Because we Nigerians allowed it,the earlier we know that high interest rate is inimical to total loan repayment, the better for all of us.
Loans interest should not be more than 3-4%,in sane clime Europe has 0.05% loan interest for its citizens,nit Nigeria with a huge population advantage.Don't allow any elite deceive You that it is good like that,they are just reaping you Off.
with Nigerian population,a low Interest will keep borrower's coming as more people borrowed with high propensity for more business,not loan to politicians please!.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by AceVentura: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2019
How much of the N3Trillion loan portfolio is toxic, bad, doubtful & performing?

Diamond Bank came into your books with more toxic loans so until you guys recover some of those loans, then you can come & boast.

3 Likes

Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by Xisnin(m): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2019
ekestic1976:

"Not the politicians who doesn't pay"! Nigeria, your future is here! Bros wa, obviously you didn't encounter a good teacher of English grammar whilst in School! You could still attend Adult Classes during weekends just to put things right.

You are an imbe cile.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by 9jaRealist: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2019
12345baba:
Liars. Lenders to SMEs indeed! Nigerian banks kill and frustrate SMEs

Nigerian SMEs need more than just cash...
Most of them do not even keep proper books.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by 9jaRealist: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2019
Bluntemperor:
Lalasclala are you sensitizing your viewers on the 3-trillions Loan Portfolio that is irrecoverable? chopped by Management,Politicians and mostly the Bank Directors and soon you chase the less privileged to payback what was never given in the first place.i am an advocate of low Interest facilities.It is cheating on over 200Million Nigerians by any Financial Institution to charge as high Rate of Interest as 18-25%,? Why? Because we Nigerians allowed it, the earlier we know that high interest rate is inimical to total loan repayment, the better for all of us.
Loans interest should not be more than 3-4%,in sane clime Europe has 0.05% loan interest for its citizens,nit Nigeria with a huge population advantage.Don't allow any elite deceive You that it is good like that,they are just reaping you Off.
with Nigerian population,a low Interest will keep borrower's coming as more people borrowed with high propensity for more business,not loan to politicians please!.

If you won’t “allow it”, don’t borrow. Is it by force? shocked

Nigerians and their increasing culture of entitlement. Banks get money that they loan out at relatively high costs in Nigeria (CBN rates are about 14%), and then have to provide all of the infrastructure that their counterparts abroad take for granted (including even re-training poorly-trained Nigerian graduates), and are still expected to make a profit for their own investors.shareholders.

Meanwhile, the money that is being loaned out actually belongs to other people. It is not free money that grows on trees but the hard-earned cash of depositors. In a country where even a basic national identity system is a problem, where there is little or no credit history or verification infrastructure, and many people often hate to repay loans (try lending money to a relative or friend) and instead treat credit as their share of the fabled national cake, people only fool themselves if they do not acknowledge why banks are slow to lend and charge high interest rates.

1 Like

Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by Creampro: 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
How is this news....are loans not where banks make money from.
Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by modik(m): 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Abeg leave that for UBA. I have a Corperate Account i abandoned with a balance of 10K since 2012. Now the account is in a debit of 806 Naira.

Na only God go punish Nigerian banks .

......... Just like E'n go punish Government of the poverty capital of the world ba?

1 Like

Re: Merger: Access Bank’s Loan Book Hits N3 Trillion by DarryOsh(m): 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
traeces:
It does not appear so.
Would be more inclined to believe the assertion if it came from an umpire or regulator

Trust me, it is true.

You can easily check their financial statements (which is published quarterly) to verify.

Yes, its not easy to get credit facilities in Nigeria, but how much is N3 trillion in a country of supposedly almost 200m people, with less that 25 commercial banks?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Virtapay Goes Live And Now.... Virtacoin / Stannic IBTC Bank Limits Domiciliary Account Spending To $10000 Per Month / Borno State's PVC Pipe Factory Completed, Set To Take-Off (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.