Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,207 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria (3426 Views)

Edo 2020: Will Edo Voters Accept Obaseki’s Citizen-Centric Offer? / Edo 2020: Finally, Oshiomhole Speaks; Tells APC Leaders, Members What To Do / PDP Emerges Victorious In Rescheduled LG Election In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
jowhyte:

Bro well said. Same thing with me never remember the last time I watch or read local news contents of the state. That man has brought sanity to the political, educational, economic etc. system of the state.

He is not combative, creating unnecessary enemies across party divide. Never heard him hurling and pointing blames to his predecessors inspire of the meager resources and loan servicing he still tries to get the job done.

I voted against him in 2016 because of oshiomole factor but now that the guy is an asset a worker and performer politics and party aside and I will not only vote for I will mobilize and canvas votes for him my own small capacity.
confirm
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
jowhyte:

Hahahaha hahahaha

You still didn’t get me right. On the ballot on elections day cabals as tinubu has no power here but I still think oshiomole can do the primary ticket miscalculation thing as denying a widely loved performing governor primary ticket thing without the backing of “who is who” at the federal level where folks like tinubu comes into play. Oshiomole rendered same political favours to him in Lagos, ogun states etc. he will also wanna do same in form of solidarity if Oshiomole want same and if it’s becoming to hot for him alone to hatch.

BTW, I just heard from my neighbor yesterday that Obaseki just awarded the ugbiyoko - ekenwan dualisation for 6+ billion. How this man prudently manages this lean resources of the state even where states that makes more money finds it hard to keep government activities running still baffles me.

I plied through Oko Airport ADP road estate gate through Obagie/Obayantor road down to Ogheghe sapele road to rubber research road and was like what the hell is the guy doing connecting and linking almost everywhere together.

I mean quality construction work by Setraco
Oshomole isn't that stupid, it is very easy to know he moves because he hits hard.

If he wanted to stop obaseki at primary by now you would have seen his supposed candidate a year to.

Oshomole as recent as last month canvassed for support for obaseki.

Obaseki has the palace blessing (oshomole would not want to offend the palace support he has been enjoying because he always would fall back to it politically).

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Indispensable85(m): 1:31am On Apr 21, 2019
zlantanfan:
No mind the guy jare, politics aside where else would you find a governor in this tough time as obaseki wen even dem oil goons like bayelsa and delta struggle with basic things as salaries

He inherited a lot of baggages and tension from oshomole but he has

Fixed bendel insurance

Pays salaries/arrears

Worked on Education and improved teachers quality via EdoBest

Massive construction and repairs of roads

Transparent Taxation system

Eliminate Agbero billionaire

Increased IGR

Stable political environment devoid of hate

Etc

Mind you these are just the projects my eyes have witnessed or my loved ones benefited from i don't watch local news yet to even see details of many more

That guy no even know anything, i doubt if he's from Edo. Obaseki is a star! Even pdp leaders in the state are impressed with his style and achievements so far.I also will give kudos to oshiomhole for spotting Obaseki, nobody gave him a chance. I remember how he fought many party leaders just to push through the Obaseki project then. Obaseki is an astute manager of resources. Come next year,he'll receive a pan- Edo endorsement for a second term.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Indispensable85(m): 1:39am On Apr 21, 2019
Donmedra:
I'm sure you've never been to Edo state in your life before

You don't know anything. I doubt if you're from Edo state. It was you and binikingdom that said Buhari will not get 10% of votes cast in the presidential election in Edo state,i told you guys then that the margin of victory for Atiku in Edo state will be a slim one. In the end it was just a little above 7,000 votes. Now you've started with your naive analysis again, this time on Edo 2020 election. Obaseki's re-election will be the easiest election in the history of Edo politics.You can take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Indispensable85(m): 1:53am On Apr 21, 2019
zlantanfan:
Oshomole isn't that stupid, it is very easy to know he moves because he hits hard.

If he wanted to stop obaseki at primary by now you would have seen his supposed candidate a year to.

Oshomole as recent as last month canvassed for support for obaseki.

Obaseki has the palace blessing (oshomole would not want to offend the palace support he has been enjoying because he always would fall back to it politically).

Just last week,one of oshiomhole 's political machines that was used to give victory to Obaseki in the last primary election has endorsed Obaseki/shaibu for a second term. I mean the Edo in safe hands group,that's oshiomhole 's political machine headed by osarodion ogie, Philip shaibu and many core oshiomhole boys.it was this group that was used to defeat odubu at the primaries the last time. They control more than 75% of Apc delegates in the state.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 7:01am On Apr 21, 2019
Indispensable85:

That guy no even know anything, i doubt if he's from Edo. Obaseki is a star! Even pdp leaders in the state are impressed with his style and achievements so far.I also will give kudos to oshiomhole for spotting Obaseki, nobody gave him a chance. I remember how he fought many party leaders just to push through the Obaseki project then. Obaseki is an astute manager of resources. Come next year,he'll receive a pan- Edo endorsement for a second term.
Abi o, have you noticed that when ever their is a list of positive things coming out from states Edo is always in top 5 at least top 10 ?

Go check the latest trend on states that have agreed to pay minimum wage Edo is in the few five states.

Bayelsa with 4 local government and 3times edo allocation can't pay
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 7:21am On Apr 21, 2019
Indispensable85:

Just last week,one of oshiomhole 's political machines that was used to give victory to Obaseki in the last primary election has endorsed Obaseki/shaibu for a second term. I mean the Edo in safe hands group,that's oshiomhole 's political machine headed by osarodion ogie, Philip shaibu and many core oshiomhole boys.it was this group that was used to defeat odubu at the primaries the last time. They control more than 75% of Apc delegates in the state.
You know politics jare not that op, I don't mince word when i say obaseki is the only political decimal which every edolite irrespective of party or ethnicity connects with.

Everyone has at least a soft spot for him, go to esan where PDP usually hold sway (they don't care if esan still didn't get fair cabinet share) all they care about is that he is trying unlike oshomole that declared war on esan.

At least no deliberate effort to marginalize others, you can be proud you are an edolite for once (if you haven't gotten development at your area yet you still feel part of the system unlike b4).

Obaseki has touched roads in ekpoma and some other areas.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 7:59am On Apr 21, 2019
I dare say that obaseki was placed their by God at this time just like Joseph in egypt

Its one thing to have plans and good heart, it is another thing to be a good manager of resources.

I don't know of any other person that can manage resources to solve major problems the way he does so much so it appears he is not a Nigeria governor.

Edo people know his "enemies" are those he has prevented from the cookie jar, they know he is saving the money for them and getting enemies because of them.

Anybody that goes against him is actually seen as an enemy of the people who just want to steal.

In saner climes their isn't even supposed to be an election but a concesus by others to endorse him.

None can hit everything in the right places like obaseki (forget what they tell u, leadership no be beans).
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by jowhyte(m): 7:15am On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:
I dare say that obaseki was placed their by God at this time just like Joseph in egypt

Its one thing to have plans and good heart, it is another thing to be a good manager of resources.

I don't know of any other person that can manage resources to solve major problems the way he does so much so it appears he is not a Nigeria governor.

Edo people know his "enemies" are those he has prevented from the cookie jar, they know he is saving the money for them and getting enemies because of them.

Anybody that goes against him is actually seen as an enemy of the people who just want to steal.

In saner climes their isn't even supposed to be an election but a concesus by others to endorse him.

None can hit everything in the right places like obaseki (forget what they tell u, leadership no be beans).

Bros that guy is a worker and a performer he has no contestant come next year Edo elections. His victory will be so sweet and almost effortless
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 22, 2019
jowhyte:
If Obaseki is given the ticket, which I believe APC don’t want to gamble with even if the short demon decides to reach out to Tinubu and other selfish national working committees cabals of the party to deny him the 2nd term ticket, Obaseki does not currently have any opposition in the state. He will mercilessly beats anybody pdp and it’s likes will be fielding with a landslide victory. I voted for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu who lost to Obaseki but in all honesty I don’t think he would have done better than our current “wake and see” governor - Obaseki. That dude is a performer and master strategist.

His performance has now opened Edo people eyes to the fact that short devil looted the states dry. Go round the states and see the development going on. Same with business innovations.

Yet he has never borrowed instead he keep servicing the loans short devil incurred in spite of the oil booms during his time yet you never hear him hurl blames at anyone like incompetent and lifeless bubu. See the education revolutions, massive roads constructions and rehabilitations across every corners of the state.

The business growth and all other superb structure of effective revenue collections he has put in place unlike fraudulent short devil that was enriching touts as Kabaka and its likes during his tenures. Me Though I first voted for Osagie but now be personally mobilizing and campaigning for Obaseki for a job well done.

Politics and party aside the guy is a worker and master performer and such he does not have any opponents now or in the foreseeable future that can unseat him and hope oshiomole thief won’t let greed and ego make Obaseki move to another party cos that could be the end of apc in Edo state.

What exactly did obaseki cox u hv not said anything.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 22, 2019
Edo state and politics.

The matter is that Edo is more yoruba even sometimes is hard to differentiate an Edo person from yoruba person.

So the issue of political lining lies in that aspect....

Immediately you passs delta...state the rest up from Edo through ondo, ogun lagos to futa djallon are all APC......

So no need APC will still win.

Moreover I don't pdp need Edo at this critical time.
Pdp states over here...

Akwa ibom
Bayelsa
abia
Cross rivers
Enugu
Rivers
Imo
delta
Ebonyi.

And if watch. Geographically these states are stationed one side

You begin to see different political view of awolowo from Edo state upwards....
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Edo state and politics.

The matter is that Edo is more yoruba even sometimes is hard to differentiate an Edo person from yoruba person.

Immediately you passs delta...state the rest up from Edo through ondo, ogun lagos to futa djallon are all APC......

Pdp states over here...

Akwa ibom
Bayelsa
abia
Cross rivers
Enugu
Rivers
Imo
delta
Ebonyi.

you just end up typing thrash, I'm sure you are one of those Igbo's always tagging and claiming south south.

What has Edo state politics got to do with Yoruba? EDo people don't reelect failures like how you people keep voting for failures like ikpeazu and no man can spend years in Senate that's why former governors in Edo state can never win a Senate seat.

If you people like keep playing politics of hatred and bitterness
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Edo state and politics.

Pdp states over here...

Akwa ibom
Bayelsa
abia
Cross rivers
Enugu
Rivers
Imo
delta
Ebonyi.

Edo's go just look you laugh

Its a cosmopolitan state, they don't vote because they are condemned to remain in a particular party whether good or bad.

PDP has been ruling since 1999 to maybe 2007 then they switch to oshomole because lucky misbehaved, oshomole tried in first term compared to lucky, he got his second term.

Obaseki is the same thing, performance is what Edo vote for if not PDP can also win.

The states you mentioned are just zombie states that only know one way
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:
you just end up typing thrash, I'm sure you are one of those Igbo's always tagging and claiming south south.

What has Edo state politics got to do with Yoruba? EDo people don't reelect failures like how you people keep voting for failures like ikpeazu and no man can spend years in Senate that's why former governors in Edo state can never win a Senate seat.

I told him Edo's will laugh at him,

An average Igbo would say Edo is Yoruba state because they want to annex all south south states.

Their dead brain won't call delta Yoruba state, delta and Edo were one in bendel and part of the old mid-west together.

In fact delta is even more "Yoruba" than Edo with the itsekhiris (a major ethnic yorabaoid group)
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:

Its a cosmopolitan state, they don't vote because they are condemned to remain in a particular party whether good or bad.

PDP has been ruling since 1999 to maybe 2007 then they switch to oshomole because lucky misbehaved, oshomole tried in first term compared to lucky, he got his second term.

Obaseki is the same thing, performance is what Edo vote for if not PDP can also win.

Is better to be zombified that to be buharified with fulani herdsmen, bad economy and insurgency.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:

don't mind the kid in fact I'll vote obaseki in 2020 no matter the party he belongs to.

Ekweeumadu has been in Senate for years like it is his father property.

You'll see the way they keep tagging south south States like their life depends on it.

The way Yoruba see Igbo's is the same way ijaws,degema,isoko, urhobo see them
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:

U seem to forget so soon that I never claim or tag south south, I only submit Base on politics.

I still maintain sha that is sometime hard to differentiate an edo from a yoruba.......this is no lie....

And is not lost on me that u my long time friend here but I just decide to write this based on political understanding and what happened this 2019....

Moreover am not attacking, all am saying is based on political understanding, lining and permutations Apc will winn Base on certain factors....

No bitterness or hatred.....my friend.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:

An average Igbo would say Edo is Yoruba state because they want to annex all south south states.

Their dead brain won't call delta Yoruba state, delta and Edo were one in bendel and part of the old mid-west together.

In fact delta is even more "Yoruba" than Edo with the itsekhiris (a major ethnic yorabaoid group)
in fact Delta has more muslims than Edo state even the current Delta north senator is a Muslim(Regina hubby).

They can't survive without south south, I've never seen a south south tribe that choose Igbo's over Benin people, never.
They can keep deceiving their selves

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Is better to be zombified that to be buharified with fulani herdsmen, bad economy and insurgency.
so why am I hearing herdsmen attack on Enugu,abia, ebonyi and anambra?
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:
don't mind the kid in fact I'll vote obaseki in 2020 no matter the party he belongs to.

You'll see the way they keep tagging south south States like their life depends on it.

Please carry your south south and go I don't need it in my page afterall they are old enough to know what's good for them and that has been shown many times.

No one is stopping from. Voting Obaseki, infact I even love it just that u laying credence to my point and getting unnecessary angry.

What have I said that infuriated u like this?

Haba.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 8:16am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:

Na their way, you see the way he highlighted all those states, they believe everyone has to be in the same pot the peculiarities of the state doesn't matter to them.

Since 1999 orji kalu looted abia and gave to Theodore orji to rape now they have a kerosene governor and are not bothered so long they are all in same mess together.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:

U seem to forget so soon that I never claim or tag south south, I only submit Base on politics.

I still maintain sha that is sometime hard to differentiate an edo from a yoruba.......this is no lie....

And is not lost on me that u my long time friend here but I just decide to write this based on political understanding and what happened this 2019....

Moreover am not attacking, all am saying is based on political understanding, lining and permutations Apc will winn Base on certain factors....

No bitterness or hatred.....my friend.
Igbo's voted more for buhari than 2015 because APC has more bigwigs and buhari lost tgost those Yoruba States because of internal crisis.

What about EDo state that APC don't have internal crisis with a two term governor and a serving governor plus former and current national party chairman and buhari still lost.

If you want to know what "informed" voters are just come to Edo state

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:
in fact Delta has more muslims than Edo state even the current Delta north senator is a Muslim(Regina hubby).

They can't survive without south south, I've never seen a south south tribe that choose Igbo's over Benin people, never.

U just jacking off point.
Please come and carry all south south.
Infact park deltans and go....
They are benins.....we agree so no need to fuss.

Na una get am.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:
Na their way, you see the way he highlighted all those states, they believe everyone has to be in the same pot the peculiarities of the state doesn't matter to them.

Since 1999 orji kalu looted abia and gave to Theodore orji to rape now they have a kerosene governor and are not bothered so long they are all in same mess together.
the funny thing is that if the man still don't work this second term, if he contest in Senate in 2023 he'll still win grin
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:
so why am I hearing herdsmen attack on Enugu,abia, ebonyi and anambra?

U just shooting off tangent and moreover measures have been strictly taken but dats not the case u just getting unnecessary angry.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:

U just jacking off point.
Please come and carry all south south.
Infact park deltans and go....
They are benins.....we agree so no need to fuss.

Na una get am.
and do what with them? They can succeed on their own and so can we and we don't go around begging for unity
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:

Please carry all bendel state am not dragging that with una oooo

Na una get am.....

See fuss everywhere....i tire ooo
Am not dragging anybody with u guys oooo
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:

What do you except from those who want to be Jews in the morning, want their own country in the afternoon and cry of marginalization in the evening?

Ojukwu fought a war that cost him 3million souls only to run and return to contest for presidency.

They are economy refugees and "master developers" of other people's land but run from developing their own in the hands of okorocha
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:

is the south east free from Fulani herdsmen? Which one is buharified? Didn't PDP win Edo at presidency?
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:
What do you except from those who want to be Jews in the morning, want their own country in the afternoon and cry of marginalization in the evening?

Ojukwu fought a war that cost him 3million souls only to run and return to contest for presidency.

They are economy refugees and "master developers" of other people's land but run from developing their own in the hands of okorocha
well I sometimes defend them on nairaland,check my post but the insults they truth to people that are trying to defend them is discouraging.

Edo people aren't tribalistic that's why if not they will be war all over the internet when Igbo's call them prostitute and witches
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:
and do what with them? They can succeed on their own and so can we and we don't go around begging for unity

Tell that to them.....
I don't remember begging for unity here....
Please and please deltans are benins and former bendel state....

I never read any. History of having link with them and that will never... come...

I hope this settles it......they are ur people.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 22, 2019
Donmedra:
well I sometimes defend them on nairaland,check my post but the insults they truth to people that are trying to defend them is discouraging.

Edo people aren't tribalistic that's why if not they will be war all over the internet when Igbo's call them prostitute and witches

Well I agree u defend....i won't lie that's true...but what did I say that infuriated u this way?

Did I make any wrong statement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Withdraws Ekiti APC Reps-elect's Certificate Of Return / - / "I Will Sacrifice 5 Million Biafrans" - Igbos Attack Kanu For Insensitivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.