Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,181 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues (36016 Views)

Ronaldo Becomes First Juventus Player To Score In Nine Straight League Games / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Joker In Halloween Costume (Photos) / Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by tonyawo: 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
ahmedkoded95:
Cristiano Ronaldo has done it again! Different country, same result: a domestic title for the Portuguese superstar.

With Juventus having clinched the Scudetto with a 2-1 win over Fiorentina on Saturday, Ronaldo has become the first man to win Europe’s three major leagues: Serie A, La Liga and the Premier League.

The significance of this latest success will, of course, be debated. Firstly, it has arrived just four days after a demoralising Champions League elimination at the hands of a far more exciting but far less expensively assembled Ajax side.

In addition, this is Juve’s eighth consecutive Scudetto, won with fivegames to spare. At no point did it look like they wouldn’t retain their crown.

They were heavy favourites even before they signed Ronaldo from Madrid last summer. The arrival of the five-time Ballon d’Or winner merely made the probable inevitable.

Indeed, Antonio Cassano even claimed Ronaldo’s signing had secured the Scudetto until 2022, when the forward’s Juve contract is due to expire.
Ronaldo, though, felt he should be commended for broadening his horizons once again, even using his latest transfer as an opportunity to take a shot at his great rival, Lionel Messi, who looks increasingly likely to spend his entire career at Barcelona.

“I’ve played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal and for my national team, while he’s still in Spain,” said Ronaldo.

“Maybe he needs me more. For me, life is a challenge. I like it and I like to make people happy.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic wasn’t, though.

The Swedish striker – who has won titles in four countries (Netherlands, Italy, Spain and France) – took umbrage with the idea that Ronaldo’s Madrid departure was motivated by a desire to test himself in another league.

“Ronaldo talks about challenges but he decided to go to a club who have been winning the Serie A title with their eyes closed!” Ibra legitimately pointed out.

“Why did he not choose a club from a second division a few years ago? Try to become a champion with such a second-division [club] and lead them to the highest level.

“Moving to Juventus is not a challenge at all.”

Certainly, this season’s Serie A success wasn’t in the least bit taxing – either for Ronaldo or Juve.

They have been the outright leaders from match day two, winning 16 of their opening 17 fixtures to put the title race to bed by Christmas.

Indeed, their haul of 53 points from a possible 58 represented a new record for the halfway point of a Serie A season.

What’s more, Juve haven’t even played particularly well. They have been in cruise control for most of the campaign, playing effective but uninspired football, winning just five games by three goals or more.

It has been a sterile dominance. They have been nowhere near their best because they haven’t had to be.
They managed to beat Inter and Milan at home, and Napoli away, despite performing poorly. That’s how poor the level of competition has been for them.

Ronaldo has been predictably effective, with 19 goals, but he is only fourth in the Capocannoniere standings, three strikes behind 36-year-old top scorer Fabio Quagliarella, who is likely to be named player of the season for being the story of the season.

The 19-year-old Moise Kean, meanwhile, has arguably been the revelation of Juve’s campaign, not least because it’s hard to think of anyone else who has surpassed expectations.

Giorgio Chiellini has been his characteristically consistent self, and was sorely missed in the decisive Champions League quarter-final second leg against Ajax, while Wojciech Szczesny has proven a reliable replacement for Gianluigi Buffon.

The rest of their team-mates, though, have sparkled only occasionally.

Mario Mandzukic was a monster during the first half of the season but has faded since the turn of the year, while Paulo Dybala has played only in fits and starts and is no longer a guaranteed starter.

It’s not as if they were saving themselves for Europe either – Juve turned in only two impressive performances in the Champions League before being dumped out by Ajax: the 1-0 win at Manchester United in the group stages; and the exhilarating 3-0 second-leg victory over Atletico Madrid in the last 16.

Ronaldo was, of course, the star of the show that night in Turin and, in truth, it is at that level that the true value of his transfer will be determined.

Just like Neymar, he left Spain to play for a team where domestic titles are taken for granted. Both moves will be ultimately judged on results in Europe.

Becoming the first man to win a league in a third different country is undoubtedly a commendable achievement for Ronaldo – it demonstrates versatility and a willingness to experience a new club, new team-mates and a new environment – but, given Serie A’s painful lack of competition, it does little to strengthen Ronaldo’s claim on the title of the greatest of all time.

Winning the Champions League with a third different team – one that hasn’t lifted the European Cup since 1996 – well, that is the real challenge.

Pass that particular test and Ronaldo’s case to be considered the greatest will be compelling. Unlike Serie A, though, it’s not going to be easy.

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/cristiano-ronaldo-player-win-three-major-leagues-214422/amp?__twitter_impression=true

What you've just posted is absolutely INCORRECT. Pls always confirm your story before posting it.

Clarence Seedorf (Dutch) was the first player to have won 3 major leagues, 3 champions league with 3 European clubs.

He has won domestic and continental titles while playing for clubs in the Netherlands, Spain, Italy and Brazil. He is considered one of the most successful players in UEFA Champions League history, as he is the first, and currently the only, player to have won the Champions League with three clubs – once with Ajax, in 1995, once with Real Madrid, in 1998 and twice with Milan, in 2003 and 2007.

Major league won are as follows:
Ajax - 1994/95
Real Madrid - 1996/97
AC Milan - 2003/04.

Pls check your record very well and Happy Easter!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by RealityShot: 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Airhuncho:

With all these hatred u still recognised he's talent...So everything messi has achieved in he's career it was handed to him, he didn't work for it?, he's talent just brought the countless awards, trophies and recognition. He always does he's best for Argentina but they just lack trophies, yet He's still a legend in he's country and the world, What have u achieved in ur household?
face your front and stop comparing CR7 to that leech

because he scored against Man U..

mtchewww... Klopp is waiting for him

if he fails to take the champions league that is when i will insult you back for comparing a small boy to his elder brother!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by RealityShot: 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
tonyawo:

What you've just posted is absolutely INCORRECT. Pls always confirm your story before posting it.

Clarence Seedorf (Dutch) was the first player to have won 3 major leagues, 3 champions league with 3 European clubs.

He has won domestic and continental titles while playing for clubs in the Netherlands, Spain, Italy and Brazil. He is considered one of the most successful players in UEFA Champions League history, as he is the first, and currently the only, player to have won the Champions League with three clubs – once with Ajax, in 1995, once with Real Madrid, in 1998 and twice with Milan, in 2003 and 2007.

Major league won are as follows:
Ajax - 1994/95
Real Madrid - 1996/97
AC Milan - 2003/04.

Pls check your record very well and Happy Easter!
is dutch league a MAJOR LEAGUE

becareful before you attack people O!

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Best-Soccer-Leagues

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Airhuncho(m): 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
RealityShot:

if he fails to take the champions league that is when i will insult you back for comparing a small boy to his elder brother!

There are no comparison's.... If u don't have a valid point to defend ur completely mediocre statement, just keep quiet, U don't need to keep appearing daft trying to defend ronaldo when u av nothing to say but if's n maybe's.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Classickj(m): 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
AngelHoly:
So wetin come happen

Na league him come there to carry See as small boys jst finish his career on Tuesday
Him come get mind to boost of odinary seria A
So make we fry water naa
baba get 5 ucl, hw many ajax as a team get
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Classickj(m): 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
sotall:
C. Ronaldo wanted a challenge so he went to Juventus that had won the Seria A a record 7 times in a row....

Why him no come Enyimba come help then win CAF champions league?
messi is free to join man city or Bayer

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Henon: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
MufasaRebirth:
Congratulations, he joined Juventus and they won the league after 17 years drought....

C' Ronaldo is the real GOAT grin

Are u for real? Pls check your record. You are 1 000 000% wrong.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Classickj(m): 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
Chuvin22:
Rubbish

Ibrahimovic has won in 4 different leagues with 5 different teams.

Judging from the last 10 years. I won’t rate Italian league above average. Farmers league.
To Win All Three Major
Leagues... Ajax and psg are not in the top major league

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Ozkar: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
This guy has his media PR to thank for many of his personal awards. They keep hyping even the most inconsequential things he does and making them seem difficult, unique and glorious.

From the lie that he's the first to win 5 ucl titles to this - that he's the first to win in 3 major leagues. Sadly if you repeat a lie enough times, it would gradually be accepted as the truth.

Now some are holding on to the top 3 league nonsense. All of a sudden, there are now only 3 top leagues in Europe, and the Italian league is now extremely difficult to win.

Next some would want him to be crowned the best player for riding along with a club that has won its 8th Scudetto title in a row. Or maybe for scoring a hattrick against Atletico.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by chawtinz(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
please someone should add me to a good whatsapp football group 07067330040
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by horhizah(f): 10:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
OboOlora:
World best!!!!!!!!
Not that foolish midget

Do you want ice cream? tongue
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Kunmzy91(m): 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dont mind them... only the coefficients and number of teams to qualify for UCL changed...

No official top 3 leagues

its top 5 European leagues... simple!!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by unmask: 3:15am On Apr 22, 2019
courna:

bottom line is the top three European league is

Spain
England
Italy

then the rest....

and this is determined with the help of coefficient point which is done every five years...

you can go do your research....
by your coefficient points In 2016/2017 robben won bundesliga and the top three leagues in Europe were the Spanish, English and German leagues.....so Robben achieved that feat first....you can go do your research
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by OyinO: 3:57am On Apr 22, 2019
Messi is Good but CR7 is BETTER. This is the proof!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:06am On Apr 22, 2019
RealityShot:
oga how old are you?

have you achieved half of what that 33-year old has achieved?
stop beefing and focus on doing great things.

Messi can not claim to near CR7..ever!

CR7 built a career on hardwork. Messi can still move to premier league he has age on his side.
Tell me another club that is bigger than Barca and Madrid.
if none, MESSI is already in one of the biggest club.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:14am On Apr 22, 2019
RealityShot:

laugh... Messi is way ahead

without Penaldo they got to d final twice in recent time, with Penaldo they got Axed out in round 8.

mind u, presently ur boy is not in top 10 of European golden boot race this season..
you can wrestle with Google.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:22am On Apr 22, 2019
Elvis778:

lolz, you are in pains bro......
Anyways, Juven of today (with the kind of lazy football most of their players are playing today) wouldn't have gotten to the semi finals if there was no Ronaldo, mark my words........

i thought penaldo said he wants another challenge?

smh my head, seem you just start watching juv, for ur info

those lazy juv players hav played twice in the Final in the last 5 years bfore penaldo came.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jokerman(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Airhuncho:

With all these hatred u still recognised he's talent...So everything messi has achieved in he's career it was handed to him, he didn't work for it?, he's talent just brought the countless awards, trophies and recognition. He always does he's best for Argentina but they just lack trophies, yet He's still a legend in he's country and the world, What have u achieved in ur household?

Who made Messi an argentine legend??

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Jokerman:
Instead of some people to be happy for ororo... The thing will be paining them.... Abi make him no win again ni...

Ronaldo is great Sha... England, Spain, Italy...
Soon Golden boot in England, Spain and Italy. Abeg look at record.... With over 215 career assists... Wow

Messi still has all this more dan penaldo

more assist
more trophy
more Golden boot dan penaldo
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:25am On Apr 22, 2019
obembet:

Please tell your messi to come and win in Manchester city
messi is not looking for any challenge.
HE IS THE G.O.A.T already
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by sammyj: 7:31am On Apr 22, 2019
Any other club in Spain, England, Germany, Italy and France !!
Airhuncho:

Which club is better than barca?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:31am On Apr 22, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Don’t Mind Him
Always running from PILLAR to POST
Can’t even DRIBBLE one soul on the PITCH

He only SCORES GOALS but not a PLAYMAKER.
If DYBALA improves he will be far better than him

no mind dem, most of dem don't watch football, dey just ask..."abeg nah who score?"

na Ronaldo

den u hear dem say.. " oh! dat boy sabi play ball"

messi can take on two to three players an score.

MESSI REMAINS THE BEST.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by chally4real(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2019
crazyABO:
Something messi cant angry everything he ever achieved was in BARCELONA cry
he owes barca his life ok...messi is the real deal my guy.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2019
sammyj:
Any other club in Spain, England, Germany, Italy and France !!

you comment holds no water.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by sammyj: 7:34am On Apr 22, 2019
grin shocked
Jaytecq:

you comment holds no water.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by zone51: 7:36am On Apr 22, 2019
horhizah:

Do you want ice cream? tongue

Yes...and some shawarma grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:37am On Apr 22, 2019
RealityShot:
that is why i do not like those who compare them.

CR7 is older.. Works his butt off to achieve..

Messi is just talented at football finish. Take him out of Barca and watch him fail as he has been failing at the Argentine team. (even with all the stars there)

just like Penaldo failed Juventus right?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Jaytecq(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2019
crazyABO:
Something messi cant angry everything he ever achieved was in BARCELONA cry

PELE who is the greatest ever, played 18years in Santos.

Deal with that.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Elvis778(m): 7:47am On Apr 22, 2019
Jaytecq:

those lazy juv players hav played twice in the Final in the last 5 years bfore penaldo came.

you still don't get me man,
Those guys have been doing great before Ronaldo came, YES.
But as soon as they saw Ronaldo, they all now decided to relax so Ronaldo would do the whole work, which is wrong.
Look at Dybala that use to play excellently b4, see as in don dey mumu
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Elvis778(m): 7:48am On Apr 22, 2019
Jaytecq:

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Elvis778(m): 7:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Jaytecq:

you still don't get me man,
Those guys have been doing great before Ronaldo came, YES.
But as soon as they saw Ronaldo, they all now decided to relax so Ronaldo would do the whole work, which is wrong.
Look at Dybala that use to play excellently b4, see as in don dey mumu
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues by Airhuncho(m): 7:54am On Apr 22, 2019
Jokerman:

Who made Messi an argentine legend??

Ur grandfather...their all time top goalscorer is not an argentine legend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Shows His Football Skills As He Plays With Friends / Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years / Mikel Kicked Against Ramon Azeez Substitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.