Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded (43537 Views)

Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by poseidon12: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
lepasharon:
During the New Zealand attack, every body around the world came to sympathise with Muslims and publicly condemned the attack.

Let's see how many Muslims will come out to publicly condemn these attacks.

Just take a look at this thread and see how the Muslims are already acting in denial

The Islamic religion is all about violence. Mohammed preached violence. So no surprise there.

4 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by TAGET: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
WHAT A BLACK SUNDAY IN SRI LANKA

2 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by penplus: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
FATHER may their souls rest in perfect peace
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Sterope(f): 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
Going by your reasoning, I would say all religions but I know better.

poseidon12:

Says who? Which other religion advocates violence?
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by davillian(m): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
Soon the Christians would start to retaliate mark my word , everybody would be praying in the house

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Mpanyi: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
zeedof:
don't be so fanatics... read through about scenario, you will understand is a revenge which I don't support also the victims are from different religions and countries... fanaticism will not take you anywhere good in life... just an advice

Revenge. which revenge? You guys seem to be the same no matter how hard you try to hide that

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Kingspin(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kamxin:

He is on point my dear, don't deny your brothers because they are not on the same page with you.

FACTS
They constitute 5% of philippine population but bombed it in January

They constitute 7% of Sri Lanka population and so more powerful here
Forcing everybody to Islam is to blame

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by DarkJeddi(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kamxin:

If you have fact and figures to to prove me wrong, then come up with it.

I'm waiting
NEWS EXCERPTS..

'Jos

1.An explosion hit the MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES CHURCH in Jos and gunmen later fired on police who were guarding the area resulting in the death of one police officer.

Another two bombs were found in a nearby building and were disarmed.'

2.Acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, said that only 16 persons were killed in the attacks. Vanguard gathered that the first attack was at a Children Sunday School at ECWA CHURCH , Wusasa, Zaria, which left the sunday school teacher, and 10 children dead. Four children playing outside the church were among the first victims of the blasts at the church.

3.In Kaduna, SHALOM CHURCH INTERNATIONAL, Trikania, Kaduna was hit by another suicide bomber, leaving about five worshippers dead and scores injured.

Among the dead at the church in Kaduna were three persons securing the Church’s gate, while two others were killed when the suicide bomber crashed his car through the gate of the church. A soldier was among the casualty.

4.The Charleston church shooting (also known as the Charleston church massacre) was a mass shooting in which Dylann Roof, a 21-year-old white supremacist, murdered nine African Americans (including the senior pastor, state senator Clementa C. Pinckney) during a prayer service at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, on the evening of June 17, 2015. Three other victims survived.

Bet all these excerpts from various bomb blasts and shootings in Nigeria and elsewhere were aimed at Catholics according to your reasoning.. angry

Churches all over the world have been targeted and bombed or people murdered for their faith but people like you would like to make it all about you,as if others have not fallen victims..

If the Catholic Church have had more targets its because they are by far the largest church denomination with far more churches and congregation to target and not because of any delusional sense of special persecution..

And by the way,

Nairaland is a news aggregation site,any news posted here is already out there on cyberspace for anyone to access..
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by honor4me: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
The attacks could be attributed to economic reasons. When tourism is booming after the Tamil Tigers, which country was loosing? Some countries may benefit from bad tourism business in Sri Lanka the while the religionists pony accusing fingers at one another
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by luluosas(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
My thoughts and prayers to the government and people of Sri Lanka
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by exnovio(m): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
The world would have been a better place if there had been no Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Mizwisdom(f): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
If only Sarah was. patient enough to wait for God's time, if only Abraham had not agreed to impregnate her slave, this world would have been a lot more peaceful today. RIP folks
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by blindjustice13(m): 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
TheAngry1:
I am waiting for official statements from Saudi Arabia and the Muslim world, like the West unanimously condemned the New Zealand attacks. Watch, they will be SILENT. Let's stop deceiving ourselves with this political correctness bulllshit! The Muslim World viciously hates Christians, Christianity & Liberalism. If they had their way, they would obliterate Christianity. That's FACT. Fuuuck Political Correctness.
exactly ,political correctness will only put Christians in more of harms way, these Muslims only understand violence and the only way to stop them is to give them the same dose of violence ,an eye for an eye will keep everyone blind enough not to have the sight to fight.
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Tiwatopebabe(f): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
God save us please
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Drsmartphilips: 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

is it tamil tigers who did this?

is it tamil tigers killing ppl in the name of their diety?
yes mr pagan
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by bellabello(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
is not gonna be well for those will says it's Islam and God will punish there generation
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by bellabello(m): 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
Shelumiel:
This smells like radical Islam
God go punish your generation
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Npfn: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
Coolgent:
what are you afraid of the doom you seek will consume you keep on the world is much awake
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Kamxin(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
DarkJeddi:
NEWS EXCERPTS..

'Jos

1.An explosion hit the MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES CHURCH in Jos and gunmen later fired on police who were guarding the area resulting in the death of one police officer.

Another two bombs were found in a nearby building and were disarmed.'

2.Acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, said that only 16 persons were killed in the attacks. Vanguard gathered that the first attack was at a Children Sunday School at ECWA CHURCH , Wusasa, Zaria, which left the sunday school teacher, and 10 children dead. Four children playing outside the church were among the first victims of the blasts at the church.

3.In Kaduna, SHALOM CHURCH INTERNATIONAL, Trikania, Kaduna was hit by another suicide bomber, leaving about five worshippers dead and scores injured.

Among the dead at the church in Kaduna were three persons securing the Church’s gate, while two others were killed when the suicide bomber crashed his car through the gate of the church. A soldier was among the casualty.

4.The Charleston church shooting (also known as the Charleston church massacre) was a mass shooting in which Dylann Roof, a 21-year-old white supremacist, murdered nine African Americans (including the senior pastor, state senator Clementa C. Pinckney) during a prayer service at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, on the evening of June 17, 2015. Three other victims survived.

Bet all these excerpts from various bomb blasts and shootings in Nigeria and elsewhere were aimed at Catholics according to your reasoning.. angry

Churches all over the world have been targeted and bombed or people murdered for their faith but people like you would like to make it all about you,as if others have not fallen victims..

If the Catholic Church have had more targets its because they are by far the largest church denomination with far more churches and congregation to target and not because of any delusional sense of special persecution..

And by the way,

Nairaland is a news aggregation site,any news posted here is already out there on cyberspace for anyone to access..

Going as far back as 2015 to get your facts reeks of poor comprehension of my comment. At the same time betray your stereotype as one of those that have been waiting to hold catholics by the scruff of the neck in nairaland.

Why not stop half life exsistence and face your religion and allow catholics be.

Then for your info
In the just one week alone

More than hundred catholics killed in Sri Lanka

The historic Notre Dame was on fire, linked to attacks on catholic churches across france
Similar case to Saint-Sulpice church is set on fire in Paris, France, March 17, 2019.

on April 18 A man attempted to enter New York’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral carrying gasoline, lighter fluid, and a lighter
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Kamxin(m): 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Neutralguy:

And you're 51.6% here
Why bokoharam killed more Muslims and distroyed more mosques than churches.
I think there are two groups then.

Whether 1% or 2%, the fact is they meet more mosque on their route to a more Islamic state than churches, and they meet more muslims than christians in their backyard especially in Nigeria

The goal is an Islamic state where Islamic law rules. So when they are true dealing with their brothers in the north, and can now boast of a base then they will now have time for people in the south.
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by fkj950ax(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
TheAngry1:
I am waiting for official statements from Saudi Arabia and the Muslim world, like the West unanimously condemned the New Zealand attacks. Watch, they will be SILENT. Let's stop deceiving ourselves with this political correctness bulllshit! The Muslim World viciously hates Christians, Christianity & Liberalism. If they had their way, they would obliterate Christianity. That's FACT. Fuuuck Political Correctness.

Seen this?

Crown Ruler of Dubai

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by fortunechy(m): 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Islamic religion be killing people since 1826
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by DarkJeddi(m): 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kamxin:

Going as far back as 2015 to get your facts reeks of poor comprehension of my comment. At the same time betray your stereotype as one of those that have been waiting to hold catholics by the scruff of the neck in nairaland.

Why not stop half life exsistence and face your religion and allow catholics be.

Then for your info
In the just one week alone

More than hundred catholics killed in Sri Lanka

The historic Notre Dame was on fire, linked to attacks on catholic churches across france
Similar case to Saint-Sulpice church is set on fire in Paris, France, March 17, 2019.

on April 18 A man attempted to enter New York’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral carrying gasoline, lighter fluid, and a lighter
You ask for examples and I provided you with some,

And now you are shifting your goalposts..

A Boko Haram Suicide Bomber or any Terrorist for that matter aims to cause maximum damage with the least amount of weapons and it so happens that typically a Catholic Church will most likely provide such targets than other denominations with lesser congregations..

If you think a Boko Haram suicide bomber specifically targets a Catholic church because they somehow wants to murder Catholics more than other Christians,then am sorry but you're DELUSIONAL..

For your information,the Roman Catholic church is not a RELIGION but a CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION,so stop behaving as if you are the only CHRISTIANS under persecution..

Northern Christians being Persecuted by Muslims are not because they are Catholics,

NOBODY is holding Catholics by the scruff of the neck,any more than other Christians..

Unlike you I consider myself a Christian and not defined by any denomination..

All over the world,millions of Christians from Pakistan to India to Nigeria to China to Egypt to Sudan are being persecuted daily and killed for their faith and a great percentage of them are non Catholics..

And I advise you you take your own advice and start living,instead of blaming everything wrong on Earth on Catholic Persecution..
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by AbikeDabiri: 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Spicycat:

In English pls, this post is even more stupid than the first.
OmoAle jatijati...
Gimbiya maukaci
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Henon: 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Devil's strongest weapon on earth is Islam.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Kamxin(m): 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
DarkJeddi:
You ask for examples and I provided you with some,

And now you are shifting your goalposts..

My statement:
1. Catholic church under siege everywhere.

Your response
2. Is the Catholic Church the only church to have been bombed before

Your premise:
3. The Charleston church shooting june 17 2015

Common sense conclusion:

2 and 3 did not counter 1 and so 1, 2 and 3 have no arguement against the other.

So my dear take hatred for catholics out of your life and you will live longer and peaceful life.

Gracias
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by Kokoebapluse(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
cry so sad, 3 church at the same time? So sad am a Muslims but am with Christain on this, is not good to loos your lovers one in bad acident.

May Almighty Allah with with family of those who lost their lives Amin.
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by DarkJeddi(m): 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kamxin:

My statement:
1. Catholic church under siege everywhere.

Your response
2. Is the Catholic Church the only church to have been bombed before

Your premise:
3. The Charleston church shooting june 17 2015

Common sense conclusion:

2 and 3 did not counter 1 and so 1, 2 and 3 have no arguement against the other.

So my dear take hatred for catholics out of your life and you will live longer and peaceful life.

Gracias
Guy,

Take a chill pill.. cheesy

What the f@ck makes you think I give too hoots about you or Catholics in particular?

CHRISTIANS are undersiege not CATHOLICS..

Many have been murdered this year in Kaduna villages and other Northern states..

If for saying that in your mind makes me a hater,

That's your problem not mine..

The funny thing is,

Upon all these religion you carry on your head like Gala,

You'll still screw and rip off your brother if given half a chance, like any other dubious Nigerian religious CHARLATAN. undecided
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by israelmao(m): 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
By their fruit we shall know them.Human beings constitute a lot of disaster and discomfort to themselves more than natural disaster.
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by wisdomkid: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
donybrainy:
So bad, dis one don pass New Zealand killings o. After 3 days they’ll resurrect. Sha

This is how people will joke about your Misfortune very soon.
Quote me and remember this.
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by JJOF(m): 12:04am On Apr 22, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Guy,

Take a chill pill.. cheesy

What the f@ck makes you think I give too hoots about you or Catholics in particular?

CHRISTIANS are undersiege not CATHOLICS..

Many have been murdered this year in Kaduna villages and other Northern states..

If for saying that in your mind makes me a hater,

That's your problem not mine..

The funny thing is,

Upon all these religion you carry on your head like Gala,

You'll still screw and rip off your brother if given half a chance, like any other dubious Nigerian religious CHARLATAN. undecided
Why are you wasting your attention on that guy?
Re: Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:41am On Apr 22, 2019
Drsmartphilips:
yes mr pagan

#ReligionOfPeaceStrikesAgain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How God Saved Me From The Hands Of Bandits On My Way To Abuja / Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith / "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.