Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. (6975 Views)

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / Demolition Of Illegal Structures In Awka By Anambra Government Commences (Video) / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
To GOD be all the glory. We have been contracted to build this new fence on a plot of land in Anambra state's fastest developing zone, the details of the project are as follows ;

Project : Construction of a fence and installation of a gate for a new Land.
Client : A nairalander
Contractor : Tigerkenn Homes
Duration : 20 days.

We want to make this quick and with good quality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
We are already buying and bringing building materials into this land in readiness for the start of the project......

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by Dremca(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
More feather to your cap and this reminds me, how about the Awka estate.
spyder880:
To GOD be all the glory. We have been contracted to build this new fence on a plot of land in Anambra state's fastest developing zone, the details of the project are as follows ;

Project : Construction of a fence and installation of a gate for a new Land.
Client : A nairalander
Contractor : Tigerkenn Homes
Duration : 20 days.

We want to make this quick and with good quality.

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dremca:
More feather to your cap and this reminds me, how about the Awka estate.

Thank you Bro, the Awka estate is on hold till I find enough people that can raise the type of money to make us buy a portion of the city where we can develop immediately. I won't like to own estates in areas where I have to wait for development to catch up, I want a place where we can buy and build.

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by janykute: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nice one Spyder.
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by Dremca(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
Buy and build is never easy, even banana island residents never built immediately they bought the property and the longer you wait, the more expensive it will become for those who can afford it. Well, its our decision. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
spyder880:

Thank you Bro, the Awka estate is on hold till I find enough people that can raise the type of money to make us buy a portion of the city where we can develop immediately. I won't like to own estates in areas where I have to wait for development to catch up, I want a place where we can buy and build.

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 4:33am On Apr 26, 2019
As we start this fence works, we first have to dismantle the old fence at the back and front, reason for knocking down the fence at the back is because it's not stable, the people who built the fence previously didn't backfill the fence.

As for the front, we are changing the front fence design so we need to totally remove the single block line and relay the foundation of the fence before we continue.

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 4:35am On Apr 26, 2019
Removing the block line at the front. .........

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 4:37am On Apr 26, 2019
Working on the front......

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by whirlwind7(m): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2019
spyder880:

Permit me to say this wasn't your initial mindset smiley
I vividly recall you asserting about buying land on the cheap in the suburbs and wait as development gradually creeps in.
Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with buying in an area you can build immediately. Somehow, I do believe you have noticed that the real estate sector (and every sector for that matter) has slowed down.

You can get a few individuals to key in and invest in a buy and immediately build scheme. But you can get more people to buy at much lower prices and wait for a few years. I am aware of the "buy and wait for a couple of years to build" which you floated, that isn't going according to initial plans/projections. This might have made you to shift your position. Believe me, the issue is pervasive all across the business environment.

Let's hope that there's improvement in the economy that would push both long term and immediate real estate development. There are times I think about it and get pissed. But, we all got to forge ahead. We will see the end of this present madness. That's for sure.

3 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 8:01am On Apr 26, 2019
whirlwind7:

Permit me to say this wasn't your initial mindset smiley
I vividly recall you asserting about buying land on the cheap in the suburbs and wait as development gradually creeps in.
Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with buying in an area you can build immediately. Somehow, I do believe you have noticed that the real estate sector (and every sector for that matter) has slowed down.

You can get a few individuals to key on and invest in a buy and immediately build scheme. But you can get more people to buy at much lower prices and wait for a few years. I am aware of the "buy and wait for a couple of years to build" which you floated, but isn't going according to initial plans/projections. Believe me, the issue is pervasive all across the business environment.

Let's hope that there's improvement in the economy that would push both long term and immediate real estate development. There are times I think about it and get pissed. But, we all got to forge ahead. We will see the end of this present madness. That's for sure.

Thank you Sir. Yes this my focus in an already developed land is recent, I was looking at lands that will take about 3 years to develop but after Ugwuomu and Akpuoga, I started feeling like a bush man that always wonder in the bush cheesy

Another turn off for me is the uncertainty of funds in buying properties and fulfilling the conditions before the agreed dates. By this I mean that if the estate payment doesn't happen as fast as the time the owners gave me, I will be scampering to raise money to ensure I pay fully for the land. It really gave me a lot of headache on the Akpuoga land where I had to raise over N12m to shore up the amount paid in by land subscribers before I could pay off the total cost and get all documents signed. Took me a lot of time to recover. I know it's the economy.

But I am still waiting and watching for deals that will be very profitable, I am also saving up to it and one day, I will be selling lands where I have fully paid off the locals.

Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by Dremca(m): 11:48am On Apr 26, 2019
spyder880:

Thank you Sir. Yes this my focus in an already developed land is recent, I was looking at lands that will take about 3 years to develop but after Ugwuomu and Akpuoga, I started feeling like a bush man that always wonder in the bush cheesy

Another turn off for me is the uncertainty of funds in buying properties and fulfilling the conditions before the agreed dates. By this I mean that if the estate payment doesn't happen as fast as the time the owners gave me, I will be scampering to raise money to ensure I pay fully for the land. It really gave me a lot of headache on the Akpuoga land where I had to raise over N12m to shore up the amount paid in by land subscribers before I could pay off the total cost and get all documents signed. Took me a lot of time to recover. I know it's the economy.

But I am still waiting and watching for deals that will be very profitable, I am also saving up to it and one day, I will be selling lands where I have fully paid off the locals.

Thank you once again.
I do understand that real estate market is very volatile. However, creating a clear master plan with your joint partnership will do a lot of good. The first phase of the master plan should be raising fund to finance the purchase of the land while the second phase of the masterplan should include clearing of land and creating access roads, this will motivate subscribers to start setting up structures gradually.

Waiting to raise enough fund for "buy and build" will create more uncertainty in price increase both for the purchse and to subsribers, the cheaper the land, the more the subscribers; the pricy the land, the lesser the subscribers.

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 8:53pm On May 01, 2019
We first started the back line of this fence, by doing a retaining wall to reinforce the ground as this area is prone to be unstable.

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 8:56pm On May 01, 2019
We have bought and delivered most of the building materials we need for this fencing project..........

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by endureson: 4:30am On May 02, 2019
To fence a 1000 sqm land how many blocks estimate do I need?
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 7:10am On May 02, 2019
endureson:
To fence a 1000 sqm land how many blocks estimate do I need?

About 2300

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by ak22(m): 7:51pm On May 02, 2019
spyder880:

About 2300

To how many couches?
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 7:32am On May 03, 2019
ak22:

To how many couches?

About 12 coaches.

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by ak22(m): 9:36am On May 03, 2019
spyder880:

About 12 coaches.
OK thanks
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 2:28pm On May 08, 2019
Laying the reinforcement for the front line.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On May 08, 2019
The fence we have so far built. ..... .

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 2:30pm On May 08, 2019
Closer on the fence......

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 2:32pm On May 08, 2019
New gate and fence rails built for this fencing work. .......

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by lostinHeaven: 2:42pm On May 08, 2019
@Spyder,

Please what is the cost of a plot in this area?
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 5:08pm On May 08, 2019
lostinHeaven:
@Spyder,

Please what is the cost of a plot in this area?

Not very sure.

2 Likes

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by lostinHeaven: 9:26am On May 09, 2019
spyder880:

Not very sure.
Thanks bro
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by Themancalleo: 3:17pm On May 09, 2019
The columns and starter bars for my foundation was done with a mixture of two 12 mm and two 16 mm each because of this I have stopped work and don’t know what to do
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by Colar234: 8:57pm On May 09, 2019
spyder880:
New gate and fence rails built for this fencing work. .......

What is the price of the gate?
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by yousee(m): 10:50am On May 10, 2019
spyder880:

About 2300

Is this the same for 100 × 100 ft?
Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2019
yousee:

Is this the same for 100 × 100 ft?

No, that might require more blocks.

1 Like

Re: Building A New Fence For A Land In Awka, Anambra State. by spyder880(m): 7:17am On May 11, 2019
We did a 3 board retaining wall at the front line, shaped it in the design of the fence we want to do, and cast with concrete........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

60kva Generator For Sale In Nigeria / Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons / Fire Razing Nearly completed House In Agbara, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.