Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor (11963 Views)

Dino Melaye Will Acquire A Private Jet If He Becomes Governor Of Kogi / Ambode Dumped By Idiat Adebule, Deputy Governor Of Lagos, For Sanwo-olu / Ambode Breaks Down In Tears As APC Bigwigs Settle For Sanwo-Olu - Pulse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by middlebelter(m): 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
I sincerely hope that the incoming Governor will repair the broken medians and enforce the traffic rule on our roads.
Indeed, it will be excellent if the Lagos State Government can introduce Uniform and Identity Card for the drivers and their Conductors, provide a platform for commutters to report wreckless Drivers and Conductors as well as instilling sanctions that will suspend special operating licence for commercial drivers in Lagos. Operating licences for driver and conductors that are guilty of public fighting, molestations of commutters, use of alcohol and driving under such influence, dirty appearance, parking and loading on the express (especially Ketu-Ojota axis by the BRT Bus stops etc)
Strict regulations that will also police the activities of the traffic enforcement officers like LASTMA and Police, such that they all will be afraid to flaut the law.
Central complaint centre should be set up to report LASTMA, drivers and conductors qouting their ID/Licence number which by law should be conspicuously displayed.
LGA/LCDA should provide street lights on major roada within their council and plant CCTV in strategic point qith central monitoring so rhat Police will find it easy to track robbery and monitor/control crisis.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Simbrixton(m): 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Increasing salaries
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by deluxecad(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Road/vehicular traffic decongestion. Road traffic jam is the biggest hazard of living in Lagos.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by lastempero: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
Arrest all agbero,including their oga kpatakpata.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by TAGET: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
HE WILL CONTUE SOME OFF AMBODE WORKS LIKE ROADS
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by confidentwoman: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
1) The touts at bus stops should be removed.
2) KIA should come back and flog all those who trow rubbish on our roads and
3) it would be great it Ministry of lands can be sanitised so that you can submit your documents for registration and just come back for collection when its done instead of having to go every week and greese different hands for you file to move from one stage to the other. Eko o ni baje.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by blackboy(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Roads. Transportation. Rail transport. Better roads.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Gforce2019: 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
He should focus on your family...
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Bridget95(f): 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Meliaen:
Traffic control. In short, good transport system. Revive rail transport.

Igbo people too would want to have an opinion. Watch and see.
Yoruba man this is a public forum ,get it into your skull.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Bridget95(f): 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
Sanwo-olu should focus on rescuing Lagos from the grip of Tinubu.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by ChiefSweetus: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
AngelHoly:
Reduce all this nurtw

Stop all those Muslim morning prayers dat usually wake me up

Go and control dat ikotun traffic
And finally tell bet naija dat if one cut and others enter
They shuld pay yuh according to the odds dat enter
Dis one talk d one wey affect am pinpoint grin grin grin grin
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by ogene144(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
dulux07:
He is a puppet, He has nothing to offer, he should focus on bringing sanity to his party, i doubt if he can achieve half of what ambode achieved undecided greedy set of people
u spoke my mind bro,Sanwo Eko wil come and Sanwo Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by InvertedHammer: 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
/*
Learn from the naivety of his predecessor by figuring out the most effective way to water down the influence of the kingmaker.

Summary: Run Tinubu out of town. grin grin grin
*/
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by martin123: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
He should help us remove keke marwa from Lekki-Epe Expressway
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by spiceybae(f): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2019
Mr governor, even if u dnt achieve anything, biko badagry expressway z nothing to write home abt ...
come to our aid
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by franchasng: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
PearlStreet:
[s][/s]

How many Igbos are in Ogun state?

Why is Ogun state alone developing industrially than tbe entire 5 States of Igboland combined?
We have close to 45% of Igbo population in Lagos in Ogun state.

Especially in Agbara, Ewekoro, Ilaro and Abeokuta.

And Ogun is developing fast because Lagos is filled, its a spill over of Lagos development due to overpopulation of Lagos; industries can't find land mass big enough to accommodate their plants in Lagos, their closest city is Ogun state.

If Ogun state had visionary leaders, Ogun ought to have developed far more than it has now with its proximity to Lagos.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by franchasng: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
Meliaen:

Have you ever seen anyone who leaves their home to a foreign land for greener pastures, only to get there and become lazy? Tell me one reason why your brothers sell sachet water in traffic? You guys are meant to work your heads off. That's what you came to do so that when you go back to village, you'll have something to brag about the money made from your hustle. So yes you're hard workers mostly doing menial jobs and hard traders. Hard work don't necessarily bring in the money. You know what I mean.
Okay ma wink
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
If coca cola, Pepsi and pure water manufacturers should be powering their factories and now be made to be parking their waste cans off the streets, what then is the need of the tax they pay to the government?

1 Like

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
Meliaen:

Have you ever seen anyone who leaves their home to a foreign land for greener pastures, only to get there and become lazy? Tell me one reason why your brothers sell sachet water in traffic? You guys are meant to work your heads off. That's what you came to do so that when you go back to village, you'll have something to brag about the money made from your hustle. So yes you're hard workers mostly doing menial jobs and hard traders. Hard work don't necessarily bring in the money. You know what I mean.
You that is soft worker doing all the glorified jobs what can you show for it?

Again is Lagos your village? You miserable agbo hawker!

2 Likes

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
PearlStreet:
[s][/s]

How many Igbos are in Ogun state?

Why is Ogun state alone developing industrially than tbe entire 5 States of Igboland combined?
Use the lil money you make from your office(bus stop) to buy small sense, developing industrially my foot, well do I blame you? No, all your life have you traveled out of your enclave in osun state?
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by PearlStreet(m): 11:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Use the lil money you make from your office(bus stop) to buy small sense, developing industrially my foot, well do I blame you? No, all your life have you traveled out of your enclave in osun state?

Maybe you would sell those of your entire family to me since all of you aren't using it.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:01am On Apr 22, 2019
PearlStreet:

Maybe you would sell those of your entire family to me since all of you aren't using it.
Feed yourself first, cos I won't refer any family to you, by the look of things, considering your level of reasoning and understanding, it's all glaring that you're a bastard.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by PearlStreet(m): 12:21am On Apr 22, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Feed yourself first, cos I won't refer any family to you, by the look of things, considering your level of reasoning and understanding, it's all glaring that you're a bastard.

Bastard? Not me.

You must be mistaking me for your father tapping palmwine in the village.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:33am On Apr 22, 2019
PearlStreet:

Bastard? Not me.

You must be mistaking me for your father tapping palmwine in the village.
Oh what else is worse than bastard? Vagabond I assume, that and more is what you are.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by PearlStreet(m): 12:38am On Apr 22, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Oh what else is worse than bastard? Vagabond I assume, that and more is what you are.

That title is exclusively reserved for your mother. I don't stare the with her.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:41am On Apr 22, 2019
PearlStreet:

That title is exclusively reserved for MY mother. I don't SHARE THAT with her.
OH I SEE!
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by emmamajesty: 4:03am On Apr 22, 2019
he should also try and destroy asiwajus empire
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by Innov8ve1: 4:29am On Apr 22, 2019
if wishes were horses beggars will ride, ya'll better focus on your life and stop hoping about what one governor will do cos he wont do any of your wishes
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by 9jaRealist: 6:08am On Apr 22, 2019
COMPAQ:
I was just sitting here thinking and I came up with my personal things I'd like Sanwo Olu to quickly address once he becomes governor:

Complete unfinished projects such as the lagos Airport road, badagry expressway, the okokomaiko marina rail line, oshodi interchange, onikan stadium and the yoruba cultural center. (this is in he assumption that they won't be finished before Ambode leaves office

Address refuse in a smart and holistic way. Personally I think its about time the government forced coca cola, Pepsi and makers of pure water to form a spv to be responsible for recycling plastic waste in lagos. Majority of the waste in our gutters is made up of soft drink and water bottle plastics, pure water satchets and food containers. If the companies refuse to do so then Sanwo Olu should ban such single use plastics in lagos. The clogging of our gutters by these plastics is a major cause of flood.

Also address traffic in a comprehensive and holistic manner. From other modes of transport, indiscipline on our roads, state of roads, number of cars on our roads etc. With real will and creativity, traffic in lagos can be considerably improved.

Remove the street urchins and hawkers from our roads. There are just too many in this category in lagos.

Remove those who use every available space on our streets to be frying poff poff, akara, buns, fruits, suya, indomie etc. Some people have started selling food right on the walkway at bus stops. And of course the impact is that they mess up the road by throwing waste water, food remnants and food packaging plastics unto the road. I don't deny people right to make a living, but it has to be done the right way. Roadsides is not the place for every business and market.

Although electricity is not in the purview of state government, but it would be good if he can get involved somehow. I recall ambode had some initiative to add 3000MW to lagos state.

Go on a comprehensive road rehabilitation drive. For a state that has annual budgets close to N1trl ($2.7bln). Surely if Lasg contracted RCC, JB, HiTech and maybe Setraco to do proper road resurfacing of problem areas over 2years and dedicate N50bln per year between October of one year and April of next year, we will smile in Lagos. I always say that quality is better than quantity. Some roads done properly by JB in 2001/2 are still serving us well for 18years despite heavy load on them over and above what roads experience in developed countries. Such roads are Awolowo road, ikoyi, ojuelegba yaba Road, kudirat abiola Road oregun etc. If we focus on keeping existing roads well maintained, we don't really need to focus on new roads. Just some smart interventions (the lay by going to Ketu and at iyana oworo were really smart and useful)

Feel free to add yours.

You apparently have not heard of FBRA in Lagos?

FBRA (the Food and Beverage Recycling Alliance), comprising of such companies as Coca-Cola Nigeria, Seven-Up Bottling, NBC, Nestle, Nigeria Breweries, etc., entered into a 3-year agreement with the Ambode government last year (2018) to clean up plastics waste and other food and beverage packaging waste (including those dreaded “pure water” satchels), and to lead the recycling initiative for same. Nonetheless, residents should also take responsibility for their own personal actions. Grown folks cannot just be chucking waste into gutters with impunity.
Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by 9jaRealist: 6:12am On Apr 22, 2019
middlebelter:
I sincerely hope that the incoming Governor will repair the broken medians and enforce the traffic rule on our roads.
Indeed, it will be excellent if the Lagos State Government can introduce Uniform and Identity Card for the drivers and their Conductors, provide a platform for commutters to report wreckless Drivers and Conductors as well as instilling sanctions that will suspend special operating licence for commercial drivers in Lagos. Operating licences for driver and conductors that are guilty of public fighting, molestations of commutters, use of alcohol and driving under such influence, dirty appearance, parking and loading on the express (especially Ketu-Ojota axis by the BRT Bus stops etc)
Strict regulations that will also police the activities of the traffic enforcement officers like LASTMA and Police, such that they all will be afraid to flaut the law.
Central complaint centre should be set up to report LASTMA, drivers and conductors qouting their ID/Licence number which by law should be conspicuously displayed.
LGA/LCDA should provide street lights on major roada within their council and plant CCTV in strategic point qith central monitoring so rhat Police will find it easy to track robbery and monitor/control crisis.

The drivers/conductors for the new high-capacity buses (who are currently being trained/re-trained) will be uniformed with bold ID badges.

1 Like

Re: Things For Sanwo-olu To Focus On When He Becomes Governor by 9jaRealist: 6:24am On Apr 22, 2019
lexyman:
uninterrupted power supply .(Electricity) . FG Cnt handle this . i ve lost hope in them. lagosians are willing to pay more for it, if it will be stable

The principal issue here is that not only can’t the federal government (whose constitutional purview electricity is) provide power, but it will not allow to states to do same. Accordingly, the states that have built generating plants (Akwa Ibom, Rivers, the Lagos/AES project, etc.) are not allowed to use the power generated for the use of their residents but rather are required/compelled to channel such power into the National Grid. Ambode has tried to get around this conundrum through the Lagos electricity act enacted in 2018, which basically encourages the growth of embedded/captive private sector power plants by providing state guarantees on collection and prosecuting power thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku: They Gave Him A False Sense Of Hope - Femi Adesina / Defections: Why Senators, Reps May Lose Seats / Abia: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Nnamani (LP), Affirms Apga's Ikwechegh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.