Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,400 members, 7,958,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:59 AM

What A Sunday - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What A Sunday (456 Views)

Bury Me On A Sunday / A Moments Of Clarity On A Sunday Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Sunday by Callertunez: 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
WhatAsunday
The pangs of boredom all on me like Solomon's wisdom.
Drifting away like a piece of log on the waters of sleep, my phone buzzes like a bee zapping me back to the present...sighs; who's that that won't let me be?
Now my caller leaves awake to the emptiness of my small world..remembering all the chicken aroma I had to bear from my bullying neighbors... They can't even knock on your door except to collect light money.. Mtchew.......
Take a stroll maybe you might bump into her (my mind suggests).. The sun out there needs a pillar of cloud to walk under(my head cautions).
Lying still, counting each second as it wastes away... Leaving me to ponder.. Ponder on what exactly? I wonder.
An idea finally drops...
Today is Sunday, at the edge of the bed is my Bible lying lazily... I put on a shirt, fly into my trousers and tie my belt so hard(sharp tuck in) ...... can't do no tie so I button up to the last..
She told me she lives at number 28(last week sunday), just a few blocks away from mine. It's time to go preach as an undercover...
Each time I have strayed aimlessly to that side hoping to see her, I always meet the gate shut(not even a trace of her)...But with this my shine shine shirt and Bible, all gates will lift up their head and all bars of iron will be cut asunder.
Na him make e good once you talk finish you collect number.....
TLB
Happy easter

(1) (Reply)

Activating Angelic Intervention As Humans On Earth Volume 1 / A Man Called John. A Story By Johnson Olaolu / What Are The Implications Of Human Communication To A Mass Communication Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.