Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics (92520 Views)

Nina Ivy And Boyfriend, Tony Tonytosh React To Queen Ireta Leaked Whatsapp Chat / "Till Death Do Us Part" Davido Sends Love Flowers To Chioma From Rome / Tobi's Fans Bring Crown And Flowers To The Airport To Give Alex (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Ayobami7(m): 9:25am On Apr 22, 2019
Seen
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by lanas: 9:27am On Apr 22, 2019
coolcharm:
And if she still meets her today after 63 years, she must kneel or bow to greet her cheesy

Colonialism nonsense

@coolcharm, if she meet d queen 100 yrs to com, she must bow fr her it's not colonialism bt our culture. Mind u, as she grows older, d queen is also growing. As much as d queen remains d queen, even if she's younger, d woman will still bow fr d queen.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by fortune1968: 9:38am On Apr 22, 2019
Looking good . Still looking young and beautiful .

1 Like

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by erinalex: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2019
coolcharm:
And if she still meets her today after 63 years, she must kneel or bow to greet her cheesy

Colonialism nonsense
Just as we have KANU Igbos nonsense .
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Sureguytalk(m): 9:41am On Apr 22, 2019
grin ;Dyou get bad mouth
daddytime:
The young shall grow indeed if death permits.

She even senior Nigeria sef but looks better than Nigeria.. Nigeria old pass him age...agbaya country
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Gap2020(m): 9:42am On Apr 22, 2019
Bluezy13:

My dear...

"...the Igbos in Yoruba land have learnt..."

These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English. ... Leap, lean, spill, and others are also verbs of this type.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Businessman1986(m): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2019
jabor4Naija:
shocked so it was awolowo daughter dat gave her flowers, hmmm sentiments don tey for dis country no be today. So no other girl in dat school abi?

An acceptable form of nepotism. That one no go kill person or the economy, afterall, Awo was the head of the Western Region

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Akolawole(m): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2019
Deji63:

I am telling you my brother. Ojoro masters.

Well, we dont know the circumstances at that time.

It is possible that most of her peers will 'froze' on sighting even olubadan of Ibadan let alone Queen Elizabeth.

Its different NOW because we are now very exposed.
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by stankezzy: 10:06am On Apr 22, 2019
Patrick33:
what happened to her eyebrows??
my brother wemen keep surprising me , she shaved her eye brow only to use pencil to draw it back , is it not stupidity

1 Like

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2019
jabor4Naija:
shocked so it was awolowo daughter dat gave her flowers, hmmm sentiments don tey for dis country no be today. So no other girl in dat school abi?

na Omo oga
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by dangotesmummy: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2019
Ochinex:
Op, you are a liar...

So you want to tell me this young woman I'm seeing here is more than 85 years?
no.the woman should be In her mid 60s.now let's calculate it this way.when she was giving Elizabeth flowers,she was around 12years old.

Do your maths

1 Like

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:12am On Apr 22, 2019
funmijoyb:

Not colonial nonsense she's being respectful according to the Yoruba culture. The igbos in Yoruba land as learn to practice our culture by being respectful otherwise you will be disrespected and rebuked

Must you bring Igbos into your nonsense,You this dirty looking youth or old woman sef? Are you stupid or mentally unstabled? Which one is your problem. Always bringing meaningful yorubas to disrepute on Nairaland with your senseless comments. Dirty thing.
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2019
Michelle55:

Still wrong MA..

The lady you quoted is a renowned idiot. Someone's Grammar sucks, yet she is only interested in throwing tribal slurs around on Nairaland instead of working on her "migraine-inducing English"

Funmijoyb has carved a niche for her self in stupidity
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Bluezy13:

What stopped you from correcting her

Correcting who? A 'tribalistic' idiot. Check all her comments on Nairaland. If she had used the energy and commitment she uses to throw tribal slurs on Nairaland,her life would have been better.
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:37am On Apr 22, 2019
Gap2020:

These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English. ... Leap, lean, spill, and others are also verbs of this type.

Who uses "as" in place of "has"?
Who says igbos "has" instead of "have"
You think it's just "learned" or "learned" is the only "blooper" in her comment?

I really don't check someone's *English* on Nairaland but the lady in question is a renowned *tribalistic* idiot,who derives maximum satisfaction and joy from throwing *tribalistic* slurs around.
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by etrouble: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2019
coolcharm:

Colonialism nonsense

Was she the same age as the queen then? Can you compare her age qith the queen's now? Haven't you seen Dolapo Osinbajo the wife of the VP greeting Yakubu Gowon, Daddy GO Adeboye, Jagaban Tinubu, Bisi Akande or even Buhari with her knees on the ground. That is a typical Yoruba woman. How do you greet your parents or their friends? With handshake or slaps? Osu will always be Osu.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by shepherd316: 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
God bless Nigeria and whole black race, I know the i-piqs will not like this saying
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Drgaffok: 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
Bluezy13:

My dear...

"...the Igbos in Yoruba land have learnt..."

If you don't have knowledge abt something you seek for one or make your findings before lampooning someone publicly.

These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English.
'Learnt' or 'learned'? | Oxford Dictionaries
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Bluezy13(m): 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gap2020:

Don't be ignorant.

According to her original post:

"...the igbos in the Yoruba land as learned

That is very wrong. She typed "as" instead of "have".
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Bluezy13(m): 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
Drgaffok:

If you don't have knowledge abt something you seek for one or make your findings before lampooning someone publicly.

These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English.
'Learnt' or 'learned'? | Oxford Dictionaries

You are extremely ignorant!!!

I'm not the one lampooning her publicly. Go through the texts again.
And by the way:

According to her original post:

"...the igbos in the Yoruba land as learned
That is very wrong. She typed "as" instead of
"have". Whether "learned" or "learnt", she is still wrong.

Your quest for displaying smartness has landed you in a fallacious corner. Be careful next time.
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by mechanics(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
Wow, now a Dr, how time flies.
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by farem: 2:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Onyi22:
I no believed abeg

Dis one na pidgin past tense abi?
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Reelmii: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Patrick33:
what happened to her eyebrows??
the usual

scraping is a goal
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by farem: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
tiredoflife:

How did she qualify
Is there Bsc in giving flowers grin grin
Smh

So you would have preferred your mom (who may be of her age) that always comes to school in e dirty and worn out uniform aided with wee -wee soaked pants to go near the queen?
I am sorry, ko le werk!
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by TempleHouse: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
Deji63:

I am telling you my brother. Ojoro masters.
My brother, would you leave your beautiful daughter and pick someone beautiful daughter ?
Believe me, that girl will not forgive you
Even the Bible said Love thy Neighbour like Yourself and it means Yourself First

1 Like

Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by farem: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
MrSensor:
shocked In 1956 she was looking like that and now she looks like this, Just like a wine. Na lie

Not everyone will look worn like those in your family in their 60's. Her mother (Chief Mrs Hannah Awolowo died just a while ago at 100 years). I am not angry nor happy at yours looking worn out, but learn to appreciate good things in order to attract one.
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Onyi22(f): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
farem:

Dis one na pidgin past tense abi?
grin grin grin
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by tiredoflife(m): 11:46am On Apr 23, 2019
farem:

So you would have preferred your mom (who may be of her age) that always comes to school in e dirty and worn out uniform aided with wee -wee soaked pants to go near the queen?
I am sorry, ko le werk!

Of cause yolobas with their we have respect more than any tribe
See how u spoke about ur mum online
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by farem: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
tiredoflife:

Of cause yolobas with their we have respect more than any tribe
See how u spoke about ur mum online

That's how you always miss it. Who is talking about yoruba here? In this same visit, at least three different girls presented to the queen the three were the daughters of the then Oba of Lagos, Awolowo and Dr Nnamdi Azikwe.
Which one be yoruba thing. Are the girls in question not old enough to birth you - Mr Methuselah?
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by Tolubory(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
MrSensor:
shocked In 1956 she was looking like that and now she looks like this, Just like a wine. Na lie

Seriously!!!
Re: Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics by tiredoflife(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
farem:

That's how you always miss it. Who is talking about yoruba here? In this same visit, at least three different girls presented to the queen the three were the daughters of the then Oba of Lagos, Awolowo and Dr Nnamdi Azikwe.
Which one be yoruba thing. Are the girls in question not old enough to birth you - Mr Methuselah?

So how did ur mother u insulted online
Come into the picture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chioma Shares Picture Of Son, David Adedeji Ifeanyi Adeleke Jr / Mercy Johnson's Church Wedding Photos / Tobi Jacobs In Sex Video With Peruzzi Is Missing. She's Just 18 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.