Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,804 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) (60494 Views)

Coronavirus: List Of Items Donated By Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel To Ogun & Lagos / Canaan City; Images From A House Purchased / Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by uvie66: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
LadyHeaven:
Is it open to only Canaan members?
so other Christian denomination do not worship God ?
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by wanger50(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
wanger50:
To make this place complete,the Church should ensure it's greening with trees and other forms of landscaping
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by LadyHeaven(f): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
uvie66:
so other Christian denomination do not worship God ?

I don't get? I am asking the op if other ppl aside Winners worshipers can bid for a house!!!

1 Like

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by HeyCorleone(m): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
Kennydoc:

I understand your point and it's saddening but you should know it isn't just about Pentecostal churches. I grew up in the Anglican church, and I remember that in those days, the Diocese will give all the churches a levy called Assessment. If you see how rural and local churches used to struggle to pay the assessment, all of which goes to the diocese. Even today that they collect tithe, the whole tithe still goes to the diocese. The only difference is that the Bishop doesn't 'own' the church, so he doesn't have much right to the whole money.

I won't be against giving of tithes and offerings because some pastors abuse it out of their greed. Some churches (like the one I worship in) really needs the tithes and offerings to keep going. The pastor doesn't even have direct access to the church money. At the beginning of every month, they will present an account of all the earnings and spendings in the past year.

Your last paragraph.

You're the most reasonable person I have ever engaged on the topic of giving in the church. I must commend your church for what they do as per presenting an account, because the money is for everyone, not just for the pastor's private pocket.

I don't think anyone is against offering or tithing. Some of us just want transparency and accountability. Not using such money to satisfy your private jet penchant.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Sermwell(m): 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Lol. I know someone who attends a branch of one of the top 2 churches in the country (def not Winners). The church is a fairly new church. They don't even have walls. You get the picture? But Everytime they contribute money (be it offerings, tithe), guess where it goes? That's right. The HQ. They are even levied on top of it. They do everything by themselves, a congregation of not up to 50 persons. They don't receive a dime from the HQ.

Be rational, but is such a thing just?
this is RCCG style. you don't have to code it, it's a known fact!!!
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by gbeseun(m): 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:
This is commendable but as a Christian it should be opened to all faiths just like they don't admit only their members in covenant uni

So other faiths like Islamist can come and start bomb blast there abi,ansa u seen should go and build theirs
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by lomprico(m): 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
obagoriola:

There is rush now. I can't confirm that now.

Is it only for members?
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by lancee(m): 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
dobrorhie:
Can people who had to work or do business in Victoria Island, Lekki & Ikoyi daily live in Ota?
May be its for people who works in cannanland.
I hope all their members/papa's lovers and worshipers have all bought a house there?
24 hours power supply, as if they won't pay for it.

The advantage is that it will bring development to ota axis in terms of businesses for people that are creative and want to be entrepreneur , other real estates are springing up in those areas as well ..Everything must not be focused on VI ,lekki etc

For example in advanced country it must not be by force you work or do biz far away from you live this helps to decongest other choked areas we need more of this kind of development in Nigeria

Meanwhile talking about canaancity..there is annual maintenance fees e all those amenities no be free
for 1 bed you will pay 100k /yr
2 bed 150k/yr
3 bed 200k /yr ..etc ALL these are done in advanced countries as well for example condo fee /monthly maintenance fee and even property taxes etc

But those that know the value will always go for what they like

Best of luck for those that have started living there ..ENJOY
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
Yes, because we cannot afford killers to invade God's people's Camp!
Josh44s:
Does one needs to be a member of Winners or even a Christian to acquire a property there?
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by lomprico(m): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:
This is commendable but as a Christian it should be opened to all faiths just like they don't admit only their members in covenant uni

Man cannot be God! If Jesus was like them, only the Jews will get salvation. But like I said earlier, "God no be man".
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

You're a Candidate of heaven because you live in an estate owned by a Pastor? Wow. You should back it up with scriptures. That part where Jesus said living in a pastor's estate automatically qualifies you for heaven.

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Dareal90s(m): 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:
So that they can come nd bomb them bah?
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Why do some of you take it to heart when they criticise men of God who are just mere men like you and I? You openly criticise your political leaders, who the Bible teaches you should accord same respect as a pastor, but when someone criticises a pastor you idolise, you immediately grow teeth and claws and come to their defense, usually in a vulgar manner. Is that how you gain heaven points?

Imagine

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:

While I agree with u....It won't be possible with residential conditions..Muslims are not the easiest people to deal with, they like having their way..
...Soon,They will start asking for mosque in close proximity withing the estate which can be enforced by law.... .. it might be cannan land ....But it's still on Nigerian soil.... after all there are churches is some Islamic state ..
.and when u prevent a Muslim from his mosque...That's jihad u asking for, that's c4 explosive u are calling for...

1 Like

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by DBossNG(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:

I hear u. undecided
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by HisSexcellency(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:
Can you guys ever be pleased embarassed
He built a world class school and open to everyone, people complained about the fees and how many of his church members can afford it. Now he has built an estate and only his church members are allowed to live there, you're still complaining that he should allow non members. Had he opened it to everyone, you would've still asked how many of his many can afford those houses embarassed

1 Like

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

I like how you insult me because I'm not the sort that would bow before your pastor or kiss their ass or deify them.

Pastors are accountable to God and man. After all, they don't preach to spirits. It's a mentality like yours that allows the pastors their excesses. It's your sort that would see his pastor with a prostitute having sex on the altar and still go ahead to bash the prostitute and try as much as possible to exonerate the pastor.

There's a huge difference between criticism and insults. Criticism is good. It's how the church has survived. If Martin Luther never criticized the church in the 16th century, there would be no Protestant arm today, and by extension, the Pentecostal faith. But it's funny, how Pentecostalism, a branch that arose out of criticism, frowns upon every form of criticism against their church and pastors. It's bemusing, and only shows how a good number of its congregation are refusing to think for themselves, thinking God would punish them for criticising, speaking up, or asking questions.

You're a mere man. Your pastor is a mere man. Unless you are both God and Man, a quality only Jesus possessed, you're just a mere unworthy mortal. Speaking it doesn't bring it into existence. You better embrace the harsh reality and be more welcoming of criticisms as that is the only way the church can grow.

The Lord be praised. Amen.

You & Wisdom, Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Darevofpeace(m): 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
modestbrowser:
This should be free.
Jesus Christ never sold anything.
Not even a needle.
They should give this to the homeless
I might need to slap you for writing this.
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by ikorodureporta: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
Living in a place where there's no freedom. Is that one life
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by seunaj: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
u are ignorant oga the Americans who invaded Iraq and depose sadaam for false alarm of nuclear weapons is it not a xtians dominated State...the Cold War era wee regimes wee deposed illegally in third world countries by Russia and America are de not xtian dominated...
are you arguing the fact that the church has been much more of a blessing to the world than the mosque??
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Bobby4090: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
LadyHeaven:
Is it open to only Canaan members?

LOL. Who are Canaan members abeg. Me am a Canaanite too
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by OmoEpe(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2019
Rayklean:
Go to Redeem na, you go chin chon chin.God punish poverty, but how come all these private business moguls dey get 24hours power supply but our almighty fedral government can't produce 8hours straight light.�

The amount paid for every kilowatt of electricity consumed is double or more what you pay to Disco. How many Nigerians can afford this?

It's not rocket science until we pay appropriately for power we can't reasonably expect to have it. Moreover the whole of that land isn't up to 1/1000 of the smallest local government in Nigeria
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by cescky(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:

[b]Here is my response according to your sequence

1, if your faith denomination allows you to fight for it, then you are not different from Islamic extremists. If it teaches you to ridicule people for airing their opinion then I suggest it should be demolished and the place converted to a zoo

2, I noticed you omitted names like Mustapha, Mohammed, Christianity isn't about fancy names or whatever you chose to call your self. It's more if inclusive gathering, Christ came for unbelievers to win them. How can you win the souls when you have shut your doors against them. Opening the gates of cannan city for all that meets the criteria excluding denomination criteria will speak voulme.

That singular act alone will make headlines and win more souls than all of Oyedepos crusade together (mostly attended by winners members) but some acts speaks louder than the fanciest of mega phones.

If you take Gods word as final opinion on all matters can you give bible instances where God said you should profile people based on their belief [/b]

Ok
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Mrpojj(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
candlewax:

They are not opening anything to any body
Na una go still criticize
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by shakespere: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
seunaj:
Nice development. From this project: a bricklayer had won a contact, an architect had fed his immediate and extended family, a plumber has been enriched and many more ordinary ppl have been blessed.
Long live the church!
Long live the church!!
Long live the church!!!
I think It’s high time the mosque stopped being a liability. I advise they starts raising funds from arms too, so that they will not be brainstorming the followers alone, but also contribute to national growth and development. The church has raised lots of entrepreneurs, lots of CEOs and inspired many intellectuals to interact, and develop. Remove the church from Nigeria and the remainders will be Carcasses. Any religion that preaches against Civilization but encourages population, emphasizing arms giving and receiving to cater for needless unwanted kids roaming around the streets is a danger to the world and of course, the unborn generations

Do you understand the concept of wealth redistribution? Go and do your research and come back to confirm if building only one estate does that for 180 million people and almost 90% of population within the poverty bracket.

Good job Bishop Oyedepo by the way, Free or no free
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by mutvy: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
It is only God who knows his men.

1 Like

Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by Mrpojj(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
Jaynom:
@OP Calm down. Yes it is beautiful. You should also remember that it is a business! It is for those who can pay! The common members cannot afford it. It is oyedepo's personal business! It has nothing to do with the Gospel of Christ! I respect Oyedepo's business Acumen but business is business! grin

So the ones buying are uncommon members abi
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by cescky(m): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
BotherMleeper:

You sound like a half-educated nitwit who has succeeded in personally deluding himself. If your attitude here is emblematic of the church you attend, then the whole pack of you is hell-bound.

You're just snapping at people for saying their minds as if the conman oyedepo has tasked you to be his little yapping puppy.

I also condemn your hallucinations that you're a god. You're scum, a maggot, an irritant who's best served some online justice to shut your disgusting smelly mouth and let older people talk.

Your jobless evidently..if this can work you up like this.

Oo I see your old. And fustratrated too...get a job and help your self
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by cescky(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Lol. Classic Pentecostal logic. When the argument overwhelms you, it's necessary to play the "I'm a god, carnal mind can't understand the things of spirit" card. It never gets old. Lol.

There's nothing spiritual about building houses people pay you to live in. Even atheists do it.

Ok
Re: Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) by AngelicBeing: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) / Mbaka Blasts Buhari: People Are Dying Of Hunger, Buhari Should Sit Up (Video) / Edoardo Santini: Italy’s ‘Most Handsome Man’ Gives Up Fame To Preach The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.