Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,957 members, 7,810,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? (4579 Views)

Can You Live In Your Parents House And Not Eat Their Food? / Ghana: Husbands Can Be Jailed For 2 Years For Refusing To Eat Their Wives Food / What Do Men Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by ImaIma1(f): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

You are tired of topics like this but you still open it and comment on it?
Read and understand topic you refused, in your mind this thread is for gender wars.

Its very shameful. Threads like this are powering to women in troubled marriages but its their fellow woman that is coming here to say she is tired of them.

And you think you are in the best position to help them especially with this post you created?

A troubled marriage is a serious thing and the last thing a woman in that situation needs is a thread on Nairaland inciting any form of division or disunity rather than seeing a marriage/professional counselor or calling family together.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by CHoccolaTE: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
ImaIma1:

And you think you are in the best position to help them especially with this post you created?

A troubled marriage is a serious thing and the last thing a woman in that situation needs is a thread on Nairaland inciting any form of division or disunity rather than seeing a marriage/professional counselor or calling family together.

Its a public forum, I can start any type of thread I like for any reason I like. Your opinion makes no difference to me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by ImaIma1(f): 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Its a public forum, I can start any type of thread I like for any reason I like. Your opinion makes no difference to me.

Ok
Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by bluefilm: 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
EbukaHades10:
What is the moral instruction of this super story now?

None.

The idiots wants to negotiate her submission with her weak husband.

She wants to submit to the man partially since she is providing for the family partially.

Probably, that's what her mom did to her weak dad.

Ndi ara.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by Deepfeel(m): 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
So many Nigerian men have these disgusting double standard for marriage.
They are just really naturally selfish and self centered its so disgusting.
They want to cheat on their wives because they are supposedly "naturally polygamous" but will want a 100% faithful wife as if adultery was not forbidden for BOTH men and women. So which religious books are they following when they justify adultery with their naturally polygamous excuse?

They will be busy looking for financially independent wife that is providing for themselves and also contributing to house upkeep from her salary but they will also demand 100% submission from her. What kind of narcissistic and inconsiderate expectation is that please?

Excuse me but I don't even care if you think its because of arrogance or pride but a woman who is financially independent cannot be 100% submissive. What will she be gaining from the marriage then if she brings money to take care of your needs in the house but you still boss her around like an employee. Even men at their place of work can never be wiling to obey their boss if he isn't paying them their salary or if they are using their own cash to run the boss's company.

I am not even encouraging the wife to disrespect their husbands because they are financially independent, no. But I don't see why men will find it disrespectful if a woman who brings her hard earned money to pay rent or school fees or even food items wants to be part of the decision making process in her house. They want a docile sheep they can profit financially from and still control like a slave from at the same time.
Scammers.

The status quo about wives always submitting to authority of husband changed the moment you men decided that women should be financially independent and join their husbands in providing for their families.

The origin of the whole wives submission and husbands providing thing is from the Abrahamic religious books (Quran and Bible) which decreed that women submit to husbands while men go out and fend for the family. Islam makes it clear that wives are under no obligation to provide for the family and Christianity explicitly stated that men who cannot provide for their families are infidels.

Nowhere was it stated that it is the duty of the wife to join her husband is providing but you men want to guilt trip women into believing that they are failures if they don't join you in providing for the family. But you will never accept that you are also under obligation to cook or clean or take care of children just like the woman. The best you can get from men when it comes to house chores is a little assistance while the man will not fail to keep reminding his wife that he is just assisting her and house work is not for the husband.

Such irritating selfishness. Tufia

And lastly, that bullshit excuse of women becoming arrogant after they start earning more than their husbands or when the man is jobless is just complete crap because men do WORSE to women if the woman is completely dependent on them. Its in the nature of humans, males and females, to have more pride and ego when they are doing well in life or when they have a lot of money. Husbands who earn far more than their wives also exhibit tyrant and oppressive behaviours to their wives. Majority of them will always insult or degrade their wives and insult them because she depends on them. Some will even shamelessly keep girlfriends openly and flaunt it in front of their wives because they think she cannot go anywhere since she has no money. If she complains to outsiders, nobody chides the man or cautions him. They will tell the wife to get a job and start contributing to the family so that the man can respect her.
But when a man is dependent on the wife everyone wants the woman to increase her submission to him to hundredfold and not show any sign of arrogance and to patiently help him build himself up and pray for him.

Nonsense.
So in conclusion?
Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by cococandy(f): 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Your type uses your tongue to wash your woman’s underwear while kneeling in subservience. Here ranting in annoyance as if we are the ones doing it to you grin
bluefilm:

None.

She wants to submit to the man partially since she is providing for the family partially.

Ndi ara.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by bluefilm: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
cococandy:
Your type uses your tongue to wash your woman’s underwear while kneeling in subservience. Here ranting in annoyance as if we are the ones doing it to you grin

Just negodu dis idiot talking about kneeling.

I'm sure you must have knelt yourself to wherever you are now.

Hopeless and useless online chest beating keyboard feminist.

Ranting gbukwee gi dia

Onukwu angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by cococandy(f): 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
grin painment
bluefilm:

Just negodu dis idiot talking about kneeling.

I'm sure you must have knelt yourself to wherever you are now.

Hopeless and useless online chest beating keyboard feminist.

Ranting gbukwee gi dia

Onukwu angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
YourCoffin:

Well the woman should get her father to impregnant her then...
That's the drill.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
bluefilm:

None.

Ndi ara.
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by djon78(m): 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
Most times I laugh at this feminists.
They claim educated, but I feel there education is a waste.
There are many uneducated, unenlightened and unexposed people but they still have good marital bliss in there union.

I see mechanics, drivers who you can say are nothing married to unexposed women but they have very peaceful homes, raising there children well, educating them well.

But most of the so called educated can never ever know what it means to have a peaceful home where love reigns. They cannot know that, all they have around them is chaos, trouble and no peace of mind.

Having a peaceful home is one of the greatest gift any human being can have. But I am sorry for them because there attitude can never allow them to taste such.

Having a peaceful home is not rocket science. If you are toxic and troublesome, how can you experience such?

Guys better watch it
Ensure you avoid anybody toxic and troublesome. Ensure that a good wife and peaceful home is attainable by you no matter what you see going on in today's world.

My little piece of advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by emmaodet: 7:13am On Jun 28, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
So many Nigerian men have these disgusting double standard for marriage.
They are just really naturally selfish and self centered its so disgusting.
They want to cheat on their wives because they are supposedly "naturally polygamous" but will want a 100% faithful wife as if adultery was not forbidden for BOTH men and women. So which religious books are they following when they justify adultery with their naturally polygamous excuse?

They will be busy looking for financially independent wife that is providing for themselves and also contributing to house upkeep from her salary but they will also demand 100% submission from her. What kind of narcissistic and inconsiderate expectation is that please?

Excuse me but I don't even care if you think its because of arrogance or pride but a woman who is financially independent cannot be 100% submissive. What will she be gaining from the marriage then if she brings money to take care of your needs in the house but you still boss her around like an employee. Even men at their place of work can never be wiling to obey their boss if he isn't paying them their salary or if they are using their own cash to run the boss's company.

I am not even encouraging the wife to disrespect their husbands because they are financially independent, no. But I don't see why men will find it disrespectful if a woman who brings her hard earned money to pay rent or school fees or even food items wants to be part of the decision making process in her house. They want a docile sheep they can profit financially from and still control like a slave from at the same time.
Scammers.

The status quo about wives always submitting to authority of husband changed the moment you men decided that women should be financially independent and join their husbands in providing for their families.

The origin of the whole wives submission and husbands providing thing is from the Abrahamic religious books (Quran and Bible) which decreed that women submit to husbands while men go out and fend for the family. Islam makes it clear that wives are under no obligation to provide for the family and Christianity explicitly stated that men who cannot provide for their families are infidels.

Nowhere was it stated that it is the duty of the wife to join her husband is providing but you men want to guilt trip women into believing that they are failures if they don't join you in providing for the family. But you will never accept that you are also under obligation to cook or clean or take care of children just like the woman. The best you can get from men when it comes to house chores is a little assistance while the man will not fail to keep reminding his wife that he is just assisting her and house work is not for the husband.

Such irritating selfishness. Tufia

And lastly, that bullshit excuse of women becoming arrogant after they start earning more than their husbands or when the man is jobless is just complete crap because men do WORSE to women if the woman is completely dependent on them. Its in the nature of humans, males and females, to have more pride and ego when they are doing well in life or when they have a lot of money. Husbands who earn far more than their wives also exhibit tyrant and oppressive behaviours to their wives. Majority of them will always insult or degrade their wives and insult them because she depends on them. Some will even shamelessly keep girlfriends openly and flaunt it in front of their wives because they think she cannot go anywhere since she has no money. If she complains to outsiders, nobody chides the man or cautions him. They will tell the wife to get a job and start contributing to the family so that the man can respect her.
But when a man is dependent on the wife everyone wants the woman to increase her submission to him to hundredfold and not show any sign of arrogance and to patiently help him build himself up and pray for him.

Nonsense.

Madam, nobody wants a submissive wife again rather a productive partner and if you don't want to do that, no problem. Just stay away from marriage or try and look for a partner compatible with you logic.
This is 21st century and bills are astronomically high now compared to 50years ago and only a selfish, unreasonable lady will want to dump all the bills on a man.
What the average man needs from you is RESPECT and not SUBMISSION because you are not a SLAVE. Whether you contribute to the bills or not in the family, you will still be having a say in the family, so?
When they say marry a reasonable man so that you will enjoy your marriage, alot go for bad guys because good guys are a bit docile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by emmaodet: 7:27am On Jun 28, 2019
Chubhie:

Don't take it personal. She never posted a personal stuff. Rather what she posted is very observable to the blind. Why the need to scare her to beat a retreat? Guilty conscience perhaps?

I understand the need to defend the natural order,traditions and religions. They've served a need and outgrown their relevance. Times have changed and we must all elvove with the times as a progressive society or self destruct.

But the same thing you said is applicable to women - to defend the natural orders, traditions and religions.
Tbh, men have sacrificed alot whsn it comes to transformation and adaptation.
Look around you - most men are not polygamous again even among muslims in southwest nigeria, the house we stay is different from old ones.
When i was a baby, i was feed ogi(pap), used nappy (cloth washed regular) and so more but today everything as changed from cerelacs, diaper etc.
But women despite given alot of leverages to school and work don't want to come out from there comfort zones.
You want to earn money but don't want to contribute.
Have you ever wondered why we have a lot of single ladies? The bitter truth is because we have alot of working women, ofcourse and other factors.
Give all the jobs been done by ladies to men and i bet you in the next 2-4 years you will see a surge in marriage and reduction in number of single ladies because a 100k given to a man as a far RIPPLE EFFECT than a woman. The man will take care of himself, wife if any, kids if any, family members, in-laws and friends but for a lady - it's mostly herself, kid and her parents 90% of the time.
Takeaway all the jobs from men and give to women and i bet you if that trend continues, in the next 50-70 years marriage will die a natural death and there won't be any word like that again because they all won't see any need for a man and will all see reasons not to marry than to marry.
It is a bitter truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by bluefilm: 8:04am On Jun 28, 2019
cococandy:
grin painment

Painment say wetin happen?

Nne m, biko rapu okwu.

You are the one feeling the painment everyday.

I just dey imagine how frustrated all you useless feminists dey feel everyday watching as men do their thing while you fools sit back, trying to compete with men in almost everything you do.

It must be a very sad life, aswear.

Ndo nu.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 01, 2019
crackhaus:

Find your man, the one who is exactly what you desire as perfect for you... and have a happy life.

The day you realize that the only man who matters is the one you choose to be with, the better for you. Leave nairaland guys and most Nigerian men to be what they want, you can not succeed in making every male fit into your definition of what a man should be.

You know what you want in a man, seek him and pay no attention to the majority.

Cheers.

this is such a grown up answer shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by Cherrish154(m): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Well all, only normal work need to seek long and extremely it is difficult
Re: Why Do Men Want To Eat Their Cake And Have It? by 8Djukerallish88: 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
Not so difficult if you know where to look. For example, you can search on different message boards or aggregators. You can apply to all sorts of bureaus. You can make a competent resume and already look for a job with it. I can show you the best examples of such letters and resumes. At this address https://www.getcoverletter.com/cover-letter-examples/product-manager/ you can find a lot that will help you in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Would U?pix Attached / I Just Disflowered Her. / Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.