Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,172 members, 7,957,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

Is This A Scam Attempt? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This A Scam Attempt? (453 Views)

Worst Scam Attempt / Lady Rescued From Jumping Off CMS Bridge, Lagos In Suicide Attempt (Video) / Police Kill Criminal Who Led Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Scam Attempt? by emonkey(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
Someone called me this morning saying she is customer service from my bank and she wants to confirm my date of birth. I wondered why customer service should be calling me on a public holiday and so refused to give the information. She hanged up annoyed.

I note that someone called me about a month back from another bank where I have an account asking for same information which I also refused to give. He also hanged up annoyed.

Is this a scam attempt ? What are they hoping to achieve?
Re: Is This A Scam Attempt? by SLAP44: 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
emonkey:
Someone called me this morning saying she is customer service from my bank and she wants to confirm my date of birth. I wondered why customer service should be calling me on a public holiday and so refused to give the information. She hanged up annoyed.

I note that someone called me about a month back from another bank where I have an account asking for same information which I also refused to give. He also hanged up annoyed.

Is this a scam attempt ? What are they hoing to achieve?

Confirmed scam format

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Attempt? by emonkey(m): 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
SLAP44:

Confirmed scam format

I thought so too. I am concerned though they managed to find my name, phone number and then bank details. Where do they find this and what can they do with it ? Can they hijack my bank accounts ?
Re: Is This A Scam Attempt? by SLAP44: 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
emonkey:

I thought so too. I am concerned though they managed to find my name, phone number and then bank details. Where do they find this and what can they do with it ? Can they hijack my bank accounts ?

They want to gain your trust so you can reveal more about your account, then they ask you to correct something wrong on your account by logging on your details on their link, and your money will be swept clean grin
Re: Is This A Scam Attempt? by emonkey(m): 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
SLAP44:

They want to gain your trust so you can reveal more about your account, then they ask you to correct something wrong on your account by logging on your details on their link, and your money will be swept clean grin

I see. She was about to ask me later to confirm my BVN I think ?
Re: Is This A Scam Attempt? by SLAP44: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
emonkey:

I see. She was about to ask me later to confirm my BVN I think ?

Sure
Re: Is This A Scam Attempt? by emonkey(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
SLAP44:

Sure

I became suspicious when she asked if my name was Dapo . The name on my bank account is Oladapo and not Dapo.
Re: Is This A Scam Attempt? by Vulcanheph(m): 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Come on bro... No bank will call you asking for your bank details(which they already have)... I can't believe you still don't know of that scam format, Are you not a Nigerian?.....

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Bandit Block Abuja -kaduna Express / Foreigner Orders Soldiers To Beat His Neighbor In Lagos / Yahoo Boys Should Be Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.