Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo (112995 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / Before You Accept That GROSS Salary, Here's Are Steps To Calculate Your Net Pay / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by phonemakemoney: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2019
lilwetdick:
dont be deceived... if you were receiving 25,000 before in a private company, dont expect your boss to pay you 41,666

as a smart businessman, he will just add 7,000 to your money making it 32,000,to the businessman, he has paid you above minimum wage. nothing you can do
How much will the businessman now pay his security, cleaners and others and what will be difference with salary of a graduate worker?
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by biztip: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2019
make una keep calculating and miscalculating, when many governors re saying they can't pay
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by airex(m): 9:20am On Apr 23, 2019
jujunaty:
chai.. So people still boast in foolishness.. cry what is Nigeria becoming? cry cry cry
like I said earlier, you're very very very dumb
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by urose93(f): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Let me teach you small mathematics sir.

Percentage increase = actual increase / initial amount multiplied by 100percent.

actual increase = 30000 - 18000

= 12000.

Therefore, percentage increase = 12000/18000 *100

= 66.7 percent.

Let's check your 40percent....

Increase = 40/100*18000
= 7200.

If you add 7200 increase to 18000, you will get 25,200.

The minimum wage is 30000.

Your percentage is wrong sir.

Do this check with 66.7percent.

God bless you. You should know that Jesus is the only passport to heaven.

Without Jesus, there is no resting in peace.

I fall in love naturally with people whose mathematical/statistical prowess are intact like yours.
I love mathematics. It makes me.
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Phonix1234: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2019
easzypeaszy:
Will I say d dude is right or wrong
Example:
a = 18000
b = 30000
c = 18000
X = 18k X 30k / 18k = 30k
So if
a= 75k
b = 30k
c = 18k
Meaning My X = 75k X 30k / 18k = 125k

I don hammer....hahahahaha

But will dey agree to calculate it dis way or they will just add 13k to ur previous pay?
That won't mk sense sha

If C is above 30k den dnt expect any increase..
But where C is lower than 30k den the difference will be added to ur new salary...

Shikina..
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by godb: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2019
That minimum wage has increased to 30k is no guarantee that other wages up to 30k and above would increase. If all wages are to be affected then the essence of increasing the minimum wage would be futile.
In fact most wages above 40k ar most likely to remain thesame.
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by godb: 9:33am On Apr 23, 2019
That minimum wage has increased to 30k is no guarantee that other wages up to 30k and above would increase. If all wages are to be affected then the essence of increasing the minimum wage would be futile.
In fact most wages above 40k ar most likely to remain thesame.
KBdownloads:
See these stupid nigerians calculating rubbish up and down, who told u minimum wage must affect your salary? It will only affect you if you earn below 30k
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by lakesider(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Nigerian is full of stupid people who have access to Internet.
Minimum wage is only to protect the poor and lowest earners and does not mean if u have been earning well before, ur salary will double
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Dchair2: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2019
GreatResearcher:

ur calculation became void d moment u mentioned dat non-existence bastard. Bro, dat mothafuker never existed.
Another shallow researcher spotted!
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Ty207: 9:59am On Apr 23, 2019
The increment is 66.7%.... which is 12k...what this simply mean is that govt will add 12k to very body salary and not 66.7% increasement...��� Nigerian are very funny they want 66.7% aba make una fair God
If you are earning 100k before it will be 112k not 167k(67%)

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by banio: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2019
In Buhari's voice " calculation kee You there "
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by rapthugx(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2019
All these maths you people are sharing? It is called minimum wage for a reason. If you are above the minimum wage don't expect astronomical increase in your salary. I remember when the last minimum wage was increased to 18000 a friend who was working in a federal university who was already a senior staff got less than 1K increase.

So op no give people fake hope.
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Pharaoh94(m): 10:09am On Apr 23, 2019
adeadex2006:
67% is the new percentage increment. E.g
If old minimum wage is 18000 what is the new minimum wage?
Solution:
67/100 * 18000= 30000.

This is correct. Because NYSC increase to 31,800 which is a 12,000 increase.
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by tciro: 10:10am On Apr 23, 2019
How is 1.667-1=66.7 pls can u explain further so we learn

engrlarex:
Ur mathematics teacher should be arrested.

30000/18000= 1.667
1.667-1= 66.7%. If u did mathematics in your jamb, that is the faster method to work on percentage.

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by p3kdudu(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2019
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by AerialMapper: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2019
After you compute your new salary; pay yourself!
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by everyevery: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2019
I'm not too good with financial account, but I know 100% increment would amount to 36k, while 50% increment would amount to 27k. So give or take the guy with the 67% increment might be right

so an increment from 18k to 30k is 67%? please work on your statistics. let me help you out and you must pay me . to calculate the increment is like this new minus old multiply by the old. therefore the percentage of increment is 30,000-18000 = 12,000. therefore 12,000\18, 000 = 0.4 percent incremental. please clap for me. the increment is 40 percent and not 67 percent[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by jobhunter11: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2019
walex2:

I have done it for you up there is 40 percent increment and not 66.7 and do you still want to argue?

after you go say na dragnet fail you
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by fortunejum: 11:09am On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=walex2 post=77769902]

so an increment from 18k to 30k is 67%? please work on your statistics. let me help you out and you must pay me . to calculate the increment is like this new minus old multiply by the old. therefore the percentage of increment is 30,000-18000 = 12,000. therefore 12,000\18, 000 = 0.4 percent incremental. please clap for me. the increment is 40 percent and not 67 percent[/quote
Check your calculation. It should be 0.67 and not 0.40
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Psoul(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2019
jujunaty:
Na wah for Nigerians and poor reasoning oh. Please who told u guys that your salary must increase if you already earn above minimum wage? Minimum wage simply means that no one should earn below 30k. Not that if u are earning 1 million already ur boss must increase it because minimum wage has increased.

U are wrong bro. If you have ever seen and understand salary structure, u will kw that what u said here is wrong.
If minimum wage increases, it will definitely affect everyone though with varying degree.

In salary structure, we have what is called levels and steps.

Lets take for instance that in a company XYZ
Prior to the new minimum wage of N30,000, a newly employed staff of the lowest level of Level A of Step1 earns N18,000. If he moves to step2, that is after confirmation, he will start earning N18,700. Next step will be N19,400 and in that fomat till he completes the Level A before proceeding to level B Step1.
Now lets, assume that Level B Step1 employee earns N30,000.

With the new minimum wage, if you did not effect it to everyone in the salary structure, you will see that paying a newly employed staff that N30,000 minimum wage automatically places him/her on Grade Level B Step1 instead of Grade Level A Step1 as shown in my example above.
With this, the new staff will be on the same salary level with a staff that have put in more than 5yrs in the XYZ company. This will bring problem and demoralization to the old staff. Pls note that I'm not talking about staff employed based on higher qualification which places him at par with existing staff.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by dakido(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2019
[from ur formula, i can deduce that the higher ur previous salary, the higher ur new salary. i.e someone who was earning 100k will now start earning 166k. and someone who was earning 200k will now start earning 333k. I doubt if they'll use this approach.[/quote]

What if just the basic salary is been used?
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Psoul(m): 11:24am On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=walex2 post=77769902]

so an increment from 18k to 30k is 67%? please work on your statistics. grin grin grin

But he is correct
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Ps3ver: 11:29am On Apr 23, 2019
OLODO

walex2:

so an increment from 18k to 30k is 67%? please work on your statistics. let me help you out and you must pay me . to calculate the increment is like this new minus old multiply by the old. therefore the percentage of increment is 30,000-18000 = 12,000. therefore 12,000\18, 000 = 0.4 percent incremental. please clap for me. the increment is 40 percent and not 67 percent
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by vision2050: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2019
1.667 x #18,000
just multiply your current salary with 1.667
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Desric(m): 11:44am On Apr 23, 2019
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-47981577,

Bismark Rewane wey chair di Technical Advisory Committee wey advise Nigeria federal goment how dem go take pay di new minimum wage, say wetin dem review na minimum, no be total wage.
Wetin dat one mean be say dia focus na on di smallest salary wey employers suppose pay dia workers.
"Dat one mean say no be evribodi go dey affected. Those wey dey earn pass 30k already go get flat increase," im tok.
"For 2011, everi civil servant wey dey earn above 18k get nine hundred naira increase and youth corpers get 10 percent of di minimum wage wey carri dia allowee go N19,800."
Wen our tori pesin ask am wetin di flat addition be dis time for di 2019 minimum wage review, im no gree tok.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Desric(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2019
Bismark Rewane wey chair di Technical Advisory Committee wey advise Nigeria federal goment how dem go take pay di new minimum wage, say wetin dem review na minimum, no be total wage.
Wetin dat one mean be say dia focus na on di smallest salary wey employers suppose pay dia workers.
"Dat one mean say no be evribodi go dey affected. Those wey dey earn pass 30k already go get flat increase," im tok.
"For 2011, everi civil servant wey dey earn above 18k get nine hundred naira increase and youth corpers get 10 percent of di minimum wage wey carri dia allowee go N19,800."
Wen our tori pesin ask am wetin di flat addition be dis time for di 2019 minimum wage review, im no gree tok.
"If to say we take pyramid approach, di cost for too high. Wetin we do na to take one shot for those wey dey above 30k. Those wey dey below 30k we bring dem come 30k. State and federal goment get dia own difference wey dem go torchlight," im add.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-47981577

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by crunchyg: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2019
tbabs10166:
from ur formula, i can deduce that the higher ur previous salary, the higher ur new salary. i.e someone who was earning 100k will now start earning 166k. and someone who was earning 200k will now start earning 333k. I doubt if they'll use this approach.
Oga try and use your brain na, do you think that the new minimum wage is only for the increment of people that earn less than 30k before, for your information it applies to everynlevel , for example the person earning 200k before, his salary was calculated based on the former minimum wage which was 18,000 before they got to 200k and now the minimum wage is 300k then the salary will be recalculated too using the new minimum wage which is 30k,
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2019
@107, you are right. I am an auditor in a federal college of education in the South West a. D I happen to have the salary scale from NISWC. The last minimum wage that took effect from 23rd March 2011 has an increment of around 900+naira only. The effect on people already earning above 30k will not be more than one thousand naira
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by ShySteady(m): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2019
Psoul:

U are wrong bro. If you have ever seen and understand salary structure, u will kw that what u said here is wrong.
If minimum wage increases, it will definitely affect everyone though with varying degree.

In salary structure, we have what is called levels and steps.

Lets take for instance that in a company XYZ
Prior to the new minimum wage of N30,000, a newly employed staff of the lowest level of Level A of Step1 earns N18,000. If he moves to step2, that is after confirmation, he will start earning N18,700. Next step will be N19,400 and in that fomat till he completes the Level A before proceeding to level B Step1.
Now lets, assume that Level B Step1 employee earns N30,000.

With the new minimum wage, if you did not effect it to everyone in the salary structure, you will see that paying a newly employed staff that N30,000 minimum wage automatically places him/her on Grade Level B Step1 instead of Grade Level A Step1 as shown in my example above.
With this, the new staff will be on the same salary level with a staff that have put in more than 5yrs in the XYZ company. This will bring problem and demoralization to the old staff. Pls note that I'm not talking about staff employed based on higher qualification which places him at par with existing staff.

This is a more logical way of reasoning, but I don't know if the President's economic team, the Labour Union and the Ministers including the external teams involved with the minimum wage review think this way.
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Desric(m): 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
roman1755:
@107, you are right. I am an auditor in a federal college of education in the South West a. D I happen to have the salary scale from NISWC. The last minimum wage that took effect from 23rd March 2011 has an increment of around 900+naira only. The effect on people already earning above 30k will not be more than one thousand naira
Bros pls I'd like us to talk if you don't mind, send me a mail on ihemdyke@gmail.com, or you can let me know how to contact you thx.
Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by Bimpe29: 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
The only authority on what is receivable by civil servants at all levels is National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission.
The new table is being worked on as of now. Until it's released officially, before you can know your marginal increment.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo by bestmutiu2019(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
AND NA SOME OF D Igbo CRITICISING D GOVT,NA DEM WAN USE CALCULATION KILL US HERE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.