Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides (24757 Views)

Yahoo Boys: Pastor David Ibiyeomie Tells Police Stop Collecting Money From Thems / Pastor Timothy Ngwu Impregnates 20 Church Members In Enugu / Fr. Mbaka Versus Primate Ayodele: Who Goes Down? As Supreme Court Decides In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by greencard: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
it's either the church preach that thieves shouldn't give offerings in church but repent and be righteous

or better yet stop taking money from politicians which give the church a bad name as an associate of thieves.

same thing applies to mosque and shrines too

keep the worship centers holy
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
Lmao
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by indigenous234(f): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
It's the painful truth. There's no way the church can determine a corrupt/Clean money.

Both the mode that sent this to FP and the OP that posted this should be reminded that these futile attempts in castigating the church by shifting blames from an inept and clueless leadership that has bedevilled Africa will not work.

We already have enough problem with a vast population of dunderheads that keep voting clueless leaders and thereafter heap the blames of governments that can't see beyond their noses on "the will of God", "colonial masters", the opposition" and the previous governments.

Efforts should be made in getting the people more involved in governance by holding those elected into public offices responsible to their duties.

The church is not to blame in this but the governments across Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Arizonaaddict1: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Guy
greencard:
funny?..... 0 yes grin

make sense to me?... I don think so undecided

what should I do? .....fry pampas? undecided

do u think so,? lipsrsealed
eat pad and bread
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by kernniejay(m): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Nowadays most churches are now christian centres, in other words, christian (business) centre.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by cornerplus: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
cheesy
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Cloud007: 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
joshuisiukwu:
An Anglican bishop Timothy Gichere of the ACK Mt Kenya Central diocese on Sunday, April 21, stated that they will continue collecting money from politicians till the court finds them guilty of corruption. Baring his mind on the question of churches receiving cash donations from political leaders, he took a swipe at leaders who were at the forefront condemning churches for accepting ‘gifts’ from politicians.

The Anglican Bishop who insisted they would continue to accept money from the leaders until the court find them guilty of corruption, added that it is hard for the church to distinguish “clean money” from that which was acquired through unscrupulous means.  Bishop Timothy Gichere further said that no one should judge another leader for their generosity, but instead let the courts determine whether or not they are corrupt. 

“When leaders come to church and contribute money with clean hearts, we can’t decline because we are not in a position to know if the money is gotten from corruption and we are not there to rebuke and label people as corrupt because that is the obligation of the courts,” he said on Sunday.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/22/well-continue-collecting-money-from-politicians-till-court-finds-them-guilty-bishop/

why not make inquiry from the spirit of God before collecting gifts. You are not right with God man.
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by indigenous234(f): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
greencard:
it's either the church preach that thieves shouldn't give offerings in church but repent and be righteous

or better yet stop taking money from politicians which give the church a bad name as an associate of thieves.

same thing applies to mosque and shrines too

keep the worship centers holy

Give me an example of a church that doesn't preach against ill gotten wealth across Africa ?

The church has no way of differentiating corrupt money from clean. That responsibility is on the government.
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Oguieke(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
love of money is root of all evil.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Pastor securing his bags since 1798 Ad
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Emycord: 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
CalabarPikin:
Good response....

Funny enough those ones judging will never give from their so called hard-earn money....
my own is that when muslims use same money for pilgrimage to mecca no one will talk

1 Like

Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Tahtah: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fizzymike1:
So holy spirit that you are preaching cannot help you again is now court a church is depending on ?
Lol... You eh!

1 Like

Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by anytexy: 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
braveboy64:
MONEY KILL YOU THERE
Kai! LWKMD. You dey vex ooo! Hahahahaha. still rolling on the floor
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by greencard: 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
indigenous234:

Give me an example of a church that doesn't preach against ill gotten wealth across Africa ?

The church has no way of differentiating corrupt money from clean. That responsibility is on the government.

to speak against ill
gotten wealth is something, to say with a straight face that all politicians who are thieves will face God's wrath if they don't repent and rejecting any offer thats from questionable source is another thing
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Lol.

My people still thinks religion can give the salvation. Hahahaha.

Common sense is not very common.
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
anonymous1759:
... From the bishops comment it clearly shows he knows the money ain't clean. He's using the court of law to mask himself of the shameful act. As a religious simply place an open course in the church service on who ever brings an unclean money to justify yourself. If you fail to do that an waiting for the court it shows you're not serious. And all you're after is tithes and offering.
The Bishop is correct on this one. As you have choosen to criticise, I hope you scrutinise every penny that comes your to know if it’s corrupt or not, else, you aren’t any different . Lol
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by akin9ja78(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
Well said, Pastors are not God to see the heart of man.
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Pholadime(m): 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
TPP=Tirogo People's Party�
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by duro4chang(m): 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
Continue to collect money until you lose your credibility and your salvation.Politicians will drag you in the floor like a dead dog.
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by hahn(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
sukerefakere:
grin
Hahn, Is our church not Ready?

I think the time is now o
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by anonymous1759(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
Phinity318:

The Bishop is correct on this one. As you have choosen to criticise, I hope you scrutinise every penny that comes your to know if it’s corrupt or not, else, you aren’t any different . Lol

The house of God is no joke. Church no street
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
Skyonebaba:
I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE THAT CHRISTIANITY IS BUSINESS IN AFRICA
SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Legendguru: 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
how
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
So ur imaginary sky daddy hu u claim is all powerful and all knowing couldn't reveal it to you? Whether d money is legit or not?

E no concern me
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by sukerefakere(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
hahn:

I think the time is now o
I only need a private jet and an Aston Martin
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by anambraamaka: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Lol
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by leriment: 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
At end time.. a bishop will rely on court to decide clean money since Holy Spirit has taken back sit in their church. gone are those days when it takes gahasi greed to chase after gift.. at this age.. even Oga at the pulpit don collect any money that comes in.. thief money.. politifian money.. but bible predicted all this.. hold the little u have abs know tightly till ur own creator comes either by death or trumpet.
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by theopeace: 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
A technical question with technical answer. ��
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by hybraheeem002(m): 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
Selling your integrity
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by oduademon: 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
True talk!
Re: Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 23, 2019
CalabarPikin:
Good response....

Funny enough those ones judging will never give from their so called hard-earn money....

God does not need you money!!! Modern churches have turned God into a business venture! When money want invented what was used as tithe?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Blackmailed Well Established Pastors –fraudster (photo) / Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid / Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.