Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,721 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God (24810 Views)

South African Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
In this last days when most churches are centering only on the message of prosperity and healing of the body while leaving the message of holiness and eternity, there are a few churches that has been carrying on with the holiness message without fear of losing membership. Here are a few of the churches that has maintained the message of seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness - Deeeper life church, The Apostolic Faith Church, The lord's Chosen, The Kingdom fortress etc. This are the ones I can submit  for now, others will come later. If there is anyone you know pls post here. Bless you.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by potofsoup: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
really?
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
Yes, they preach sound word of holiness which is the key message for us christians in this heavenly journey. RCCG is gradually waking up too to this message. Especially their leader, Pastor Adeboye. Dominion city seems to be waking up too. But most churches are quite silent on this message due to fear of loosing membership. They want to preach only the one which pleases the ears of Nigerians, nay, the world. Am not saying they are the only ones but they are among the very few.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by potofsoup: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
you judge a church by the fact that they preach holiness or not? is holiness the only word in the bible?

Can you define holiness and then lets show you more churches that does so. and what is your qualification to define a church as preaching the real message or not? and kindly expose us to the real message of God. Thanks.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2011
if you read my post well you will know that I am not saying that holiness is the only thing but it is the key thing. Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see God (Hebrews 12:14) Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:cool. Anything you are doing on earth and at the end of your life here you dont see God in heaven it means you are of all men most miserable. If you are a christian and doesn't understand what it means to live a holy life then your christianity is in question. I am talking about how most churches has abandon the message of holiness. It doesn't mean that it is the only thing in the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2011
alexleo:

In this last days when most churches are centering only on the message of prosperity and healing of the body while leaving the message of holiness and eternity, there are a few churches that has been carrying on with the holiness message without fear of losing membership. Here are a few of the churches that has maintained the message of seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness - Deeeper life church, The Apostolic Faith Church, The lord's Chosen, The Kingdom fortress etc. This are the ones I can submit  for now, others will come later. If there is anyone you know pls post here. Bless you.

Once again,  may I correct you by saying that the REAL Church is the BRIDE OF CHRIST , from every physical 'church', tribe , nation and tongue.

Going to Deeperlife means nothing before GOD, what matters is that you live a life of purity and holiness.

But I have to agree that Deeperlife and some Redeemed churches amongst others are still standing on the word of GOD, unlike many who have turned from the preaching of holiness to preaching fables.

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." 2 Timothy 4;3-4

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Odunnu: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2011
Na wa for this kind thread o

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 8:21pm On Feb 28, 2011
It's funny how some one will come up saying some churches preach the 'real word of God' while some don't.
Can God's word be fake?
Both 'types' of churches preach the word of God in the bible, so what is the problem.
You can never satisfy human beings as they must always find something to say.
In the early days when there were fewer churches, so many people were unwilling to identify with them as they had a word for depicting the church, 'as poor as a church rat'.
Preachers were very rigid on holiness and no one wanted to be involved with them. They said 'was that all there was to life?' That, churches were not practical. Youths fled churches like deeper life as they did not seem to know how to have fun while serving God. Everyone though that serving God led to living in penury.
I wouldn't be surprised if the OP would have criticised them then, even despised them.
Enter the influx of more churches with Pastors who knew that serving God did not mean that we should not live 'life'.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2011
Contd,  Then they taught that we are Gods pleasure and while we serve him in truth and holiness, our ways will prosper and the Lord will add other good things to us. However there are still critics as usual who never see the good of a thing. Living in holiness and prosperity occur side by side. Hence preachers who preach the entire word of God with respect to holiness, living in abundance and in the divine have done no wrong.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ogoamaka99(m): 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
@ poster,
Do you attend church at all? I hope you are not a hypocrite who preach do what i say and not what i do. It will do you good by telling us one these churches you mentioned that you belong to, if actually you do attend church at all.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 12:32am On Mar 01, 2011
@snowwy ,
am not saying that prosperity message is bad but when its giving too much prominence as we see in churches today its not good. A situation where 95% of sermons in churches today are on prosperity is not healthy. In luke 10:20 , when the disciples were rejoicing that evil spirits bowed to them Jesus told them not to rejoice in that but they should rejoice that their names are written in heaven. Of course holiness is the qualification for heaven. One can be prosperous and go to hell if he is not holy. Now tell me - can you compare the level of greed , evil , moral decadence and corruption in our country today that people are runing into churches to hear prosperity messages to what it used to be in the early days you talked about when people ran away from churches due to too much holiness preaching? Those people looting public fund in offices are they not your so called prosperity christians? Lets be sincere here. Holiness remains the main thing. Bless u.

3 Likes

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 12:42am On Mar 01, 2011
@ogoamaka99 ,
my dear , this thread is not about the church i attend. However if you have been following my posts here you will know that i hammer so much on holiness , heaven , hell and preparation for eternity. This will tell you that i couldn't be attending a church where this type of messages are not given prominence. Bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by HISservant: 3:51am On Mar 01, 2011
Judgment is on ALL churches !! Yes, believe it or not, though know that at all times, THE LORD GOD reigns!!!

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Thus, do not be surprised when you hear such things and significantly worse!!! Yea, much worse is/has been happenning!!! Much deception (most appearing very subtle), spiritual harlotry / apostasy / idolatry has been, and is increasingly happening in all churches. Flee!

The devil is loosed for a time (after having been thrown out of Heaven by The Lord Jesus Christ & bound at the time of the Cross) and he will deceive many with all sorts of abominations, including false gospels in GOD's heritage(s) through his "ministers of righteousness"!!! even doing signs and lying wonders and miracles in the churches, etc, including that which goes on "behind the scene":

John 12:31-32 - "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

Revelation 12:7-12 "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time
."

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
"And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Matthew 24:14-16
"[b]And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand). Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:[/b]"

2 Thessalonians 2

[b]1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;[the devil - see Isaiah chap 14, particularly from verse 12, but the whole]

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.[/b]

, because all the devil/satan has always done from the beginning is want to be like The MOST HIGH GOD, which is impossible, but the devil is a deceiver and a liar, who would like to deceive, disgrace and destroy as many people as he can (starting with adam and eve). The Word of GOD (The Lord Jesus Christ) is "living and powerful" (Heb 4:12). Faith comes by hearing the Word of GOD (Rom 10:17). The Bible / true Gospel is all we need, particularly in these very last days, we need GOD's mercy through The Lord Jesus Christ!!!

It (churches) are no place to be in these very last days, fact - GOD has commanded us to flee from them (just like he commanded HIS people / old testament heritage to flee from Jerusalem, the holy city during the babylonian siege, anyone remaining in the city would be slain, anyone fled to babylon/chaldea would be taken captive, but saved alive), remain at your own peril! (21.5.2011 - judgment day!!!). The churches (the LovePeddler), have become babylon (the world)!!! Can you tell the difference between the heritage of GOD and the world now These are the very last days!

Revelation 18:6-8
Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
==================
"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.Matthew 24:24,(Mark 13:22)." "When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee, he went unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and heal his son: for he was at the point of death. Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe." John 4:47-48

"false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not" 2 Pet 2:1-3

Daniel 8: 23-25
"And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand."

The true Gospel of GOD Most High-"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die"(Ezek 18:4). "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Rom 3:23). "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23). "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live:"Ezek 33:11. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. [The Lord Jesus Christ, The SON of The Living GOD, mighty GOD] (Acts 4:12), Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of GOD (Rom 10:17).

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by KunleOshob(m): 8:58am On Mar 01, 2011
Any church that preaches the fraudulent doctrine of tithe as mandatory or compulsary for christians is corrupted and NOT preaching the true message of God. God would not dwell in a church were his children are being fleeced.

@Alexleo
the churches you okayed also preach this fraudulent doctrine as mandatory/compulsary so they can't be as good as you try to make them out to be.

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2011
grin KunleOshob,
Since no church that we know of is preaching the word according to 'your beliefs', kindly send us your own list.
At least since they are all 'fraudulent' you must have one that is at least good in 'your own eyes'.

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 10:23am On Mar 01, 2011
@kunleoshobo ,
there is nothing wrong in preaching about tithe It is biblical and those of us who are paying are seeing the blessings in our lives. The problem is just the way some churches go about preaching it as if its the only thing in the bible. Some are even forceful about it. But a church like the Apostolic Faith Church does not monitor your tithe payment. They only preach it whenever they are led by the spirit to preach it. They have an in built box in the church where you can come anytime anyday and put your tithe or offering without writing your name on the envelope. There is no room for offering time during service. They will tell you that it is between you and the spirit of God in you to determine when to pay and you dont need to inform anybody about it. The problem today is that greed has entered into churches that is why pastors are hammering on this and even monitoring members payment of it so that they will make enough money. Instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to guide people about it they assume that responsibility and be monitoring people. However you are free to name churches that are not preaching tithe as
You deem them best.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 11:11am On Mar 01, 2011
alexleo:

@kunleoshobo ,
there is nothing wrong in preaching about[size=15pt] tithe[/size] It is biblical and those of us who are [size=15pt]paying[/size] are seeing the blessings in our lives. The problem is just the way some churches go about preaching it as if its the only thing in the bible. Some are even forceful about it. But a church like the Apostolic Faith Church does not monitor your tithe payment. They only preach it whenever they are led by the spirit to preach it. They have an in built box in the church where you can come anytime anyday and put your tithe or offering without writing your name on the envelope. There is no room for offering time during service. They will tell you that it is between you and the spirit of God in you to determine when to pay and you dont need to inform anybody about it. The problem today is that greed has entered into churches that is why pastors are hammering on this and even monitoring members payment of it so that they will make enough money. Instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to guide people about it they assume that responsibility and be monitoring people. However you are free to name churches that are not preaching tithe as
You deem them best.

Please you will have to show me where in the bible you find the word 'tithe' and 'paying' (as in paying money) in the same passage. "Paying" tithe is totally unbiblical.

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 12:19pm On Mar 01, 2011
@pastor AIO ,
sorry , the correct thing should be to give my tithe. I think i was using the igbo translation which we are use to here. we say- kwuo tithe gi. Which means pay your tithe. But give your tithe should be - nye tithe gi. Thanks.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by johnjoel(m): 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2011
see you how to attend a catholic church you live will never remain the same they preach about holliness rightiousness and death aswell i mean carry you cross live your life in acordance of jesus christ live a quiet live
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by firebrand: 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
The entire scripture should be preached without mincing words, for that will make the believer a total or complete follower of Christ. Holiness, faith, love, hope, prosperity, tribulation, tithe etc are all biblical teachings every preacher must preach or else they will be rearing children with spiritual malnutrition.

Yet, the main purpose of following christ is to inherit the kingdom of God which is only possible through HOLINESS, (without which no man shall see God). Hence there should be more emphasy on the things that will make us worthy for His kingdom.

Most today's preachers are charismatic and are mostly motivational speakers. They lacked genuine salvation of God, so they cannot really preach salvation as expected. By preaching prosperity, they entice more followers who are desirous to hear their sweet words and not the rebuke of the Spirit of God.

1 Like

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by vinmol: 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2011
@poster did u say christ choosen church? lipsrsealed
u can as well put church of all nations "the man in the synagogue" cheesy
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
alexleo:

@pastor AIO ,
sorry , the correct thing should be to give my tithe. I think i was using the igbo translation which we are use to here. we say- kwuo tithe gi. Which means pay your tithe. But give your tithe should be - nye tithe gi. Thanks.

You were using igbo translation, ba? So you 'think', ba? Okay, but still what are you giving, is it not money? And that aside where does it say in the bible give your tithe? Maybe it does but you will have to show me cos what I read is bring your tithe, which means something very different. When you bring something you too are going along with that thing you brought. Your destination and the destination of that thing that is brought is the same.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ogajim(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^^ Better yet, ask them where the Bible "converted" tithe from farm produce and livestock into MONEY/EGO/KUDI/OWO.
Did Jesus Christ die on the Cross so we can build "magnificent edifices" to worship him that lives in all BELIEVERS? You enter "gbese" to build what you can't afford and now you have to con their money out of them to break even and make a profit?
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by KunleOshob(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2011
@Alexleo
The fact remains that the type of tithes being preached and practised today is an abusive manipulation of the biblical tithes. We all know God is against the twisting of his word. If we must practise mandatory tithing as christians then we must realise that we have cut ourselves away from the grace of christ and secondly we must follow the biblical instruction on tithing to the letter. Any other thing would amount to abuse.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2011
@alexeo

yo will soon win award for he most comical poster on nl.I I may ask what was the criteria for arriving at that decision
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2011
@vinmol ,
what i wrote is lord's chosen ministry and not the one you wrote. There are other ones too like fishermen's ministry , rapture time ministry , catholic charismatic etc. That preaches the message of holiness with utmost importance. Some branches of RCCG are also trying.

@kunleoshobo ,
some of your points are quite in order but we cannot completely write off the preaching and giving of tithe in our churches. It is right and biblical to give tithe.

@chuwudi44 ,
the criteria is simply - by their fruits we shall know them.

Pastor AIO & ogajim ,
there is nothing wrong in using money to give tithe.  As one is led by the spirit of God let him do.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by HISservant: 12:01am On Mar 02, 2011
Consider this,

OFFERINGS TO THE LORD - (source - http://www.familyradio.com/en/graphical/literature/openforum/offerings.html).  I would have to agree. We tithe all we have to GOD's service, including our bodies, which are HIS temple for HIS purpose(s)/will/Kingdom.

Caller: Is tithing for today or was it just for the Old Testament?

Mr. C.: Technically, tithing was part of the Old Testament ceremonial law. They were to bring one-tenth of their produce or one-tenth of their income to the temple, where the tribe of Levi, particularly the priesthood that came out of the tribe of Levi, was supported. That was all they had to be concerned about insofar as giving.
    In the New Testament, after Christ went to the cross, God assigned a vastly greater task to the believers. Our task is to go into all the world with the Gospel. Therefore, the requirements for our life are way beyond that which was demanded of Old Testament believers.
    The Old Testament believers had a minimal or limited condition to meet, namely, the support of the priesthood. We have the enormous task of getting the Gospel into the whole world. One of the best verses that lays this out is
Romans 12:1: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Effectively, God is saying, “I want you! I want everything. What health you have, I give you. Whatever wealth you have, I provide for you, but it is to be utilized as greatly as possible to get out the Gospel.”
    We are saved not to simply live out our life, and say, “Glory be! I am a child of God.” We are to live out our lives and obey Him; “Glory be! I am a child of God, and I am to love my neighbor as myself.”
    Who is my neighbor? Anyone who has the spiritual need for salvation, and that is the whole wide world. Believers are to desire the same highest good for them that God has given to us, namely, salvation. We want to live as economically as possible and make as much as possible available to help send forth the Gospel into the world. That is the role of the New Testament believers.

Caller: Does Malachi 3:8-10 pertain to us today?

Mr. C.: There we read:

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

In the historic setting, this is talking about the ancient nation of Israel. They were to bring their tithes, from their crops and so on, into the temple treasury for the support of the priests of the tribe of Levi.  Spiritually, this passage is talking to all of us. The Old Testament tithes represented bringing in people who become saved. In other words, we are saved to serve; we are saved to make an increase. God saved us, and it is not God’s intention that we simply say, “It is wonderful that I am saved. Now all I have to do is live with the Bible, pray, and live out my life, and all is well.” That is not what God says.  God says He has saved us, and we are His ambassadors. We are to go out into all the world with the Gospel. There is to be an increase of the Gospel. There are other people who are to become saved. We are to be faithful witnesses so that others will become saved. When someone becomes saved, it is like bringing that person as a tithe into the storehouse. This passage is not speaking about money. Historically, it was talking about money, but for us today, it is speaking about bringing the Gospel so that people will become saved. As a matter of fact, in the New Testament, God does not want ten percent of our money, He wants it all. God says in

Romans 12:1: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

We are to live very modestly and make everything possible available to help send out the Gospel so that people can become saved. Those who become saved are like tithes brought into the storehouse. It is OK to give ten percent, but that is a minimum. God wants our whole life. He wants us to be witnesses of the Gospel.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by KunleOshob(m): 8:47am On Mar 02, 2011
alexleo:

Pastor AIO & ogajim ,
there is nothing wrong in using money to give tithe. As one is led by the spirit of God let him do.

I quite agree with the above but there is everything wrong in a pastor preaching mandatory/compulsary tithes from income to christians. It is very manipulative fraudulent and mis-leading. Christians should be left to determine in their heart what they choose to give.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by oluite(f): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2011
@poster please i will like to know your reason for this thread?
I believe that emphasis should be placed on how we live our lives as christians because there will be no church in heaven.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 10:58am On Mar 02, 2011
Kunle Oshob,
Please show us the right church we should attend since all churches are fraudulent to you.
I am sure lots of people on Nairaland await your response.

I have also noticed you are never consistent. You say you agree with Alexleo's post were he says there is nothing wrong with using money to give tithe.
Yet you say tithe is fraudulent! Why do you keep shifting the goal post? It seems you only make comments based based on your feelings.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2011
alexleo:

Pastor AIO & ogajim ,
there is nothing wrong in using money to give tithe.  As one is led by the spirit of God let him do.

KunleOshob:

I quite agree with the above but there is everything wrong in a pastor preaching mandatory/compulsary tithes from income to christians. It is very manipulative fraudulent and mis-leading. Christians should be left to determine in their heart what they choose to give.

Snowwy:

I have also noticed you are never consistent. You say you agree with Alexleo's post were he says there is nothing wrong with using money to give tithe.
Yet you say tithe is fraudulent! Why do you keep shifting the goal post? It seems you only make comments based based on your feelings.

Well, as for me, I am very consistent. Tithe as taught in the bible can never be money. Not unless christians develop a way to savour eat and digest the money in their bellies. Money cannot be apply to a rite that is based on having a meal. It is food that has to be eaten.

If you want to give money to your church that is a different matter, but don't call it tithe and don't support it by references to tithing in the bible. That is my own. I've always said this and I stand by it.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 11:34am On Mar 02, 2011
grin AIO,
Thanks for making your stand clear.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid / There Is Satanic Agenda To Eliminate Christians From Nigeria –paul Enenche / Pastor Wiseman Delivers Lady Who Was Caught Stealing In Benue, Gift Her 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.