Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated (17234 Views)

JAMB Shifts 2021 UTME To June 19, Extends Registration Deadline / How To Convert UTME To DIRECT ENTRY / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by princeade86(m): 7:45am On Apr 23, 2019
happykidArotiba:
thumbprints
so how will they know they wrote it for them.?
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by HEnemona(m): 7:45am On Apr 23, 2019
These fools should address the issue of faulty computers and the missing 36 million! I weep for this place called Nigeria.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by BoboKush(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2019
princeade86:
And how will that possible even when they are using paper and pencil by that time without no database.

They talking abt biometric.... Thumbprint that's why they want to start from 2009 that the year they started using thumbprint... Believe me if they want to do shit it wil work but this is Nigeria as usual ntn come out just empty threat
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by bkool7(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2019
What did they just say?

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Sabaru21(m): 7:51am On Apr 23, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Heads are set to roll across the country as the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has launched a probe into the credentials of applicants dating back to 2009.

This implies that persons who cheated the system to pass the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination to get into school and may have even graduated and participated in the National Youth Service Corps will be arrested and their certificates withdrawn.

The Head, Media and Information of JAMB, Fabian Benjamin, said this during an interview with The PUNCH on Monday.

Benjamin said the probe had begun and it would be completed in record time as JAMB has acquired software which would be able to identify fake biometric data.

Speaking in a separate interview on 95.1 Nigeria Info FM Abuja, the JAMB spokesman said, “We want to do what we call biometric verification dating back to 10 years.

“Even if you are now working and we discovered that someone wrote exams for you, we will publish your name and the law agencies will do the needful.

“We have the biometrics from 10 years ago. We will compare the photos with thumbprints and names.

“We discovered that a candidate could have written exams with 30 different names.”

Explaining how impersonation takes place, Benjamin added, “This is how they operate: My name is Fabian Benjamin, but I will register as Abdullahi Musa and write exams for Abdullahi Musa; but I will use Fabian Benjamin’s picture and biometric data; only the name will be different.

“I will register as John David, as Austin Steven. I will register in the name of anyone that pays me, write exams for that person, but I will use my picture.

“We will give the institution the photo and it must match. In fact, only our picture must be accepted by the institution.”

Speaking with our correspondent during a separate interview, the JAMB spokesman said it had become important to expose exam cheats to serve as a deterrent to others.

He said the photos of those found culpable would be published for all to see, even if they have since started working.

Benjamin said, “If you graduated from university and you did not write UTME, it means the foundation is faulty and the building cannot stand.

“We have already started the probe, but we will go deeper after the exams.

“It will not take too long. We are using software, so it will just check the biometric data of candidates and if the biometric data of someone shows about six different names, then it will notify us.

“So, if one person’s photo brings up different names and we have spotted this, we will find out where the person is and then we will pick them up.”

He said the exam body had been able to arrest over 100 persons nationwide for malpractice in the ongoing examinations.

Benjamin said JAMB had written a letter to the Attorney-General of the Federation for advice on their prosecution.

“Even if they are not punished, let the public know that Mr. A who is a doctor became so after someone wrote exams for him.

“That shame alone will serve as a deterrence to others. We must start from 10 years ago, so that others will learn,” he said.

https://punchng.com/well-get-those-who-cheated-to-get-admission-jamb-says-launches-10-year-probe-of-utme/

joke

next
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by tradebot: 7:54am On Apr 23, 2019
It is not possible since computers were not used and the papers are no where ..
Jamb should stop imitating inec, they should release the utme results or has their database crashed.

Meanwhile check betashop360.com for cheap quality and unique products. Wholesale only
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Fayuba(m): 7:57am On Apr 23, 2019
sirqeeboi:

Jamb doesn't collect budget from federal govt..jamb generate income and give the profit to federal govt
thank u my brother, it might interest him to note that jamb remitted over 5billion naira to the federal govt in2017, then they use to remit less than one billion naira that's the only achievement I've seen worth saying in buhari's administration

1 Like

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by olaswim: 7:59am On Apr 23, 2019
E no concern me a beg if una like start 2005 lubbish
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by virtue123(m): 8:00am On Apr 23, 2019
my country nigeria..instead of learning from the past so as to be able to make things better in the future..we are here trying to spend billions of tax payer money for things that are in the past

..i cant just figure out why this country is always walking backword..

na wah oo.
next level indeed.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by GoldHorse(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2019
We need to check some people's heartbeats now... grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 23, 2019
Why let the cat out of the bag?. This man just want to tarnish his image by coming public. Get a court order and do the needful thing without coming to the media instead of alerting fraudsters on how they will manoeuvre their ways

1 Like

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by BlueRayDick: 8:10am On Apr 23, 2019
happykidArotiba:
thumbprints

As at 2009 when the probe is to start, there was no thumbprinting na....abi where do u see that one?
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by noni14(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2019
head tha pain this man oh
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by pweetygiftofGod(f): 8:28am On Apr 23, 2019
I know people who didn't past post Jamb but gained admission into school, about 3 people in my Class. Who will probe those ones undecided
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Codes151(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2019
To waste revenue collected be all this one
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2019
very funny indeed....am not saying this as a threat but if ever this probe is complete n names/photos published, jamb and its people will be dead.....they think its poor pple that do impersonation, it's the rich and they will come after it...
why not start from the current examination to expose them cos in Nigeria, fighting corruption from 1960 will let hell loose on all...i just hope this jamb man know what he is up to...
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by queiii: 8:38am On Apr 23, 2019
pweetygiftofGod:
I know people who didn't past post Jamb but gained admission into school, about 3 people in my Class. Who will probe those ones undecided

same here.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Prudent200: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2019
moderatedguy:
Jamb! so many students did not write the exams because of faulty computers and you are here talking about probe .What nonesense and impudence
did you write this year Exam or you know of someone who didn't write
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by DonGtoG1(m): 8:46am On Apr 23, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:
angry

Thank God i did JAMB in 1999 , 2003 and 2007 so i am safe.

I cheated in all 3 of course! I was a mercenary.

Na so i go carry Expo enter exam hall. cool cool cool I didn't know there were Types A,B,C and D.

It was when i saw "NEW YORK" listed as the answer for capital of Nigeria for Question 100 that i knew something was wrong.,

I read in one of the treads where someone was referring you to this very one. And you were quick to tell the person to read your comment under, that's exactly why i also decided that i must read your comment under it too. FUNNY YOU.���
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by mrkia(m): 8:53am On Apr 23, 2019
I don't think this will see the light of the day as though the POLITICIANS will have been the most that will be badly affected here. Thinks Jamb officers' heads are the one to roll
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Nukilia: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2019
Godsfavour78:
Someone they wrote waec or jamb for and paid for admission thereby displacing a more qualified person will come to nairaland and say yahoo boys are ruining his/her image abroad.
Please Jamb fish all of them out.
You have spoken well my man. Many of such people are all over the country occupying big positions undecided
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Greatness1: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2019
Taaaaaaaa they can't do anything... they don't have the records. Yeye people grin
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Nukilia: 9:03am On Apr 23, 2019
asuustrike1:
Why let the cat out of the bag?. This man just want to tarnish his image by coming public. Get a court order and do the needful thing without coming to the media instead of alerting fraudsters on how they will manoeuvre their ways

He's a dummy and over zealous worker grin
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by MelaninGold(f): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2019
sirqeeboi:

Jamb doesn't collect budget from federal govt..jamb generate income and give the profit to federal govt

Thank you my brother for sharing some sense with him.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Davidadeboye310: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2019
moderatedguy:
Jamb! so many students did not write the exams because of faulty computers and you are here talking about probe .What nonesense and impudence

Thank u,
Where are the people conducting the centre, when such thing is happening till when all things is well done.

GOVERNMENT

JAMB
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by MelaninGold(f): 9:19am On Apr 23, 2019
pweetygiftofGod:

Those kind of people are who we call "money answereth all things".

1 Like

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by daimsy(f): 9:21am On Apr 23, 2019
Backward financial wastage.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 23, 2019
Lalasticlala, could you please respond to my mail?
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2019
Mcheew!
Some of these jambites gained admission into private universities in 2009, graduated in 2013, and have finished their Masters abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawal Usman To Give N30m To Kaduna State University Students / High Quality Personal Statements For Foreign University Master's Applications / Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.