Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated (17231 Views)

JAMB Shifts 2021 UTME To June 19, Extends Registration Deadline / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results / 2018 JAMB Printing Of UTME Notification Slip Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by MrSly(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Heads are set to roll across the country as the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has launched a probe into the credentials of applicants dating back to 2009.

This implies that persons who cheated the system to pass the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination to get into school and may have even graduated and participated in the National Youth Service Corps will be arrested and their certificates withdrawn.

The Head, Media and Information of JAMB, Fabian Benjamin, said this during an interview with The PUNCH on Monday.

Benjamin said the probe had begun and it would be completed in record time as JAMB has acquired software which would be able to identify fake biometric data.

Speaking in a separate interview on 95.1 Nigeria Info FM Abuja, the JAMB spokesman said, “We want to do what we call biometric verification dating back to 10 years.

“Even if you are now working and we discovered that someone wrote exams for you, we will publish your name and the law agencies will do the needful.

“We have the biometrics from 10 years ago. We will compare the photos with thumbprints and names.

“We discovered that a candidate could have written exams with 30 different names.”

Explaining how impersonation takes place, Benjamin added, “This is how they operate: My name is Fabian Benjamin, but I will register as Abdullahi Musa and write exams for Abdullahi Musa; but I will use Fabian Benjamin’s picture and biometric data; only the name will be different.

“I will register as John David, as Austin Steven. I will register in the name of anyone that pays me, write exams for that person, but I will use my picture.

“We will give the institution the photo and it must match. In fact, only our picture must be accepted by the institution.”

Speaking with our correspondent during a separate interview, the JAMB spokesman said it had become important to expose exam cheats to serve as a deterrent to others.

He said the photos of those found culpable would be published for all to see, even if they have since started working.

Benjamin said, “If you graduated from university and you did not write UTME, it means the foundation is faulty and the building cannot stand.

“We have already started the probe, but we will go deeper after the exams.

“It will not take too long. We are using software, so it will just check the biometric data of candidates and if the biometric data of someone shows about six different names, then it will notify us.

“So, if one person’s photo brings up different names and we have spotted this, we will find out where the person is and then we will pick them up.”

He said the exam body had been able to arrest over 100 persons nationwide for malpractice in the ongoing examinations.

Benjamin said JAMB had written a letter to the Attorney-General of the Federation for advice on their prosecution.

“Even if they are not punished, let the public know that Mr. A who is a doctor became so after someone wrote exams for him.

“That shame alone will serve as a deterrence to others. We must start from 10 years ago, so that others will learn,” he said.

https://punchng.com/well-get-those-who-cheated-to-get-admission-jamb-says-launches-10-year-probe-of-utme/

Nonsensical rant. Chi efoo. This govt is so stupid, clueless and worse still hypocritical. Jamb should help Buhari find his waec certificate. Double standard everywhere.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by nittroboy(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2019
Nice move boss , the two problematic face by Nigerian populace is bribery and corruption ,bribery lead to malpractice by student, If he wouldn't probe the exam malpractice by now where is change ,the thousands of journey begin with a step ,it step by step the bribery and corruption will be exterminte.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2019
jamb wanna open the hornet nest... I pity the registral. he will be removed asap.. because I know that the northerners are mostly culpable of this.. you can imagine someone who doesnt score up to the cut off mark gain admission over there. 2009 jamb exams are all paper and there were no finger prints.. what we had then was scratched cards and form.. how will they correlate the information on the date to the examiner...
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by luluman: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2019
obiekunie1:
oga JAMB!!!!

be careful with this table you want to shake ooo!!

i hope you knw say na your aboki masters this thing u wan do go affect pass!

them go remove you for that position sharperly!

OH! I DON FORGET SAY THERE ARE TWO LAWS IN NIGERIA - THE HASH LAWS FOR THE SOUTH AND THE SOFTER LAWS FOR THE NORTH!

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SARS TERRORIZING SOUTHERNERS WHILE IN THE NORTH THEY DO ONLY PATROLS WITHOUT HARASSMENT OR ARRESTS!

I GUESS THIS MOVE IS MEANT TO MESS SOUTHERNERS!
Is that to mean southernerss are guilty of the offence?
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by vonlogon: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2019
sirqeeboi:

Jamb doesn't collect budget from federal govt..jamb generate income and give the profit to federal govt

Where did you see federal govt. in my reply? So, because they don't collect budget from federal govt means they don't have budget? All this kids on Nairaland.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by p3kdudu(m): 10:44am On Apr 23, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4925803/longrich-business-opportunityreal#77781208

Do u knw wit #9800 to #25k to #40k?
U can start ur Longrich busines&make 10k+ to 20k+ to 30k+ weekly 4rm home&get ur cash bak as products (of ur choice worth that amount instantly)..Ask me"how"not scam/ponzi scheme! We dnt sell/give targets.
Call or chat me up lets get you connected.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Oigeje: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2019
moderatedguy:
Jamb! so many students did not write the exams because of faulty computers and you are here talking about probe .What nonesense and impudence
thank you for your comment. I have seated for jamb 4 times I score bellow 200 for once the rest 200 and above, I wasn't give admission because I am a soldier and I am purely pursuing NDA of which I was't give admission. This year that I decided to go for civil institution my experience during the last jamb excersize was a nightmare. At the centre the register weed candidates more than their requirement. There is shortage of computers. We have to wait for the first batch to write and give us chance why we are suppose to start and end up the same time. As they finish when we started with more than an hour plus the system shot down automatically, like seriously the jamb have to lunch an investigations into this issue to avoid scamming inocent victims
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by BlueRayDick: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2019
emmanuelpopson:
jamb wanna open the hornet nest... I pity the registral. he will be removed asap.. because I know that the northerners are mostly culpable of this.. you can imagine someone who doesnt score up to the cut off mark gain admission over there. 2009 jamb exams are all paper and there were no finger prints.. what we had then was scratched cards and form.. how will they correlate the information on the date to the examiner...

Exactly. There was no thumb print in 2009. It was just scratch card and online registration with scanning of pictures.

So all these stories of thumbprint sef na just mere chest beating
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by onmyowncj: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2019
This kind of thing doesn't last,the system will fight against its self,then it will collapse
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Ablechukwu(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2019
Oga calm down oooooo
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by daddyfreeman1(m): 11:53am On Apr 23, 2019
obiekunie1:
oga JAMB!!!!

them go remove you for that position sharperly!Exactly... Their law is meant to torment us... Only time shall tell. Biafra is here... Meanwhile they will never check northerners, they just come up with this to degrade Southeastern region

OH! I DON FORGET SAY THERE ARE TWO LAWS IN NIGERIA - THE HASH LAWS FOR THE SOUTH AND THE SOFTER LAWS FOR THE NORTH!

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SARS TERRORIZING SOUTHERNERS WHILE IN THE NORTH THEY DO ONLY PATROLS WITHOUT HARASSMENT OR ARRESTS!

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by daddyfreeman1(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2019
obiekunie1:
oga JAMB!!!!

them go remove you for that position sharperly!

Their law is meant to torment us... Only time shall tell. Biafra is here... Meanwhile they will never check northerners, they just come up with this to degrade Southeastern region
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by shegoly(m): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2019
Jesus���
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by Slynation(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
Akuko......!! Abeg Jamb clear road make i pass!!
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by abidem4real: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Heads are set to roll across the country as the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has launched a probe into the credentials of applicants dating back to 2009.

This implies that persons who cheated the system to pass the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination to get into school and may have even graduated and participated in the National Youth Service Corps will be arrested and their certificates withdrawn.

The Head, Media and Information of JAMB, Fabian Benjamin, said this during an interview with The PUNCH on Monday.

Benjamin said the probe had begun and it would be completed in record time as JAMB has acquired software which would be able to identify fake biometric data.

Speaking in a separate interview on 95.1 Nigeria Info FM Abuja, the JAMB spokesman said, “We want to do what we call biometric verification dating back to 10 years.

“Even if you are now working and we discovered that someone wrote exams for you, we will publish your name and the law agencies will do the needful.

“We have the biometrics from 10 years ago. We will compare the photos with thumbprints and names.

“We discovered that a candidate could have written exams with 30 different names.”

Explaining how impersonation takes place, Benjamin added, “This is how they operate: My name is Fabian Benjamin, but I will register as Abdullahi Musa and write exams for Abdullahi Musa; but I will use Fabian Benjamin’s picture and biometric data; only the name will be different.

“I will register as John David, as Austin Steven. I will register in the name of anyone that pays me, write exams for that person, but I will use my picture.

“We will give the institution the photo and it must match. In fact, only our picture must be accepted by the institution.”

Speaking with our correspondent during a separate interview, the JAMB spokesman said it had become important to expose exam cheats to serve as a deterrent to others.

He said the photos of those found culpable would be published for all to see, even if they have since started working.

Benjamin said, “If you graduated from university and you did not write UTME, it means the foundation is faulty and the building cannot stand.

“We have already started the probe, but we will go deeper after the exams.

“It will not take too long. We are using software, so it will just check the biometric data of candidates and if the biometric data of someone shows about six different names, then it will notify us.

“So, if one person’s photo brings up different names and we have spotted this, we will find out where the person is and then we will pick them up.”

He said the exam body had been able to arrest over 100 persons nationwide for malpractice in the ongoing examinations.

Benjamin said JAMB had written a letter to the Attorney-General of the Federation for advice on their prosecution.

“Even if they are not punished, let the public know that Mr. A who is a doctor became so after someone wrote exams for him.

“That shame alone will serve as a deterrence to others. We must start from 10 years ago, so that others will learn,” he said.

https://punchng.com/well-get-those-who-cheated-to-get-admission-jamb-says-launches-10-year-probe-of-utme/

Why did it take jamb too long to render their own April fool? Why is the total system of this our supposedly great country this irrational? Why do we always struggle for medicine after death? I guess the name of the country needs to be changed alongside the people living therein.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by moderatedguy: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
Prudent200:
did you write this year Exam or you know of someone who didn't write
What kind of stupid question are u asking,dont you listen to news and read comments on the social media?the wailings are all over.But Jamb is just pretending all is well and looking forward to declaring billions again at the expense of poor vulnerable students who would be forced to take the exams next year again.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by jaxxy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Godsfavour78:
Someone they wrote waec or jamb for and paid for admission thereby displacing a more qualified person will come to nairaland and say yahoo boys are ruining his/her image abroad.

Please Jamb fish all of them out.

A ten year prob is not only dangerous bt creates more problems than solutions. Why didn’t jamb do their prob yearly? U can’t disorganize and distress people lives because of ur disorganized system. Where will those people start again from? Jamb must be crazy.
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by savageboss77(m): 12:04am On Apr 24, 2019
las las jamb na scam
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by sirqeeboi(m): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2019
pweetygiftofGod:
I know people who didn't past post Jamb but gained admission into school, about 3 people in my Class. Who will probe those ones undecided

I heard of story of a girl who doesn't even know she suppose to write jamb and putme ..she just came back from abroad started uni jamb and putme was sat by someone else for her ..feduni
Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by sagehacker: 2:36am On Apr 24, 2019
oga jamb.... u wan stop corruption for naija, LMAO. FUTURE IMPOSSIBLE TENSE

1 Like

Re: JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:19am On Apr 25, 2019
sirqeeboi:

I heard of story of a girl who doesn't even know she suppose to write jamb and putme ..she just came back from abroad started uni jamb and putme was sat by someone else for her ..feduni

Nawa o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawal Usman To Give N30m To Kaduna State University Students / Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School / Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.