Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza (10477 Views)

Reverend Stephen Adegbite: God Will Punish Us If We Don’t Support Tinubu / Reverend Stephen Mamza: Buhari Has Been Sleeping On Duty / Buhari Replies PDP On Plans To Impeach Saraki While In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Polynews: 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
I published a Post earlier this morning '' https://www.nairaland.com/5146937/reverend-stephen-mamza-buhari-been '' about Reverend Stephen Mamza: Buhari Has Been Sleeping On Duty, President Buhari has finally reacted to it. See his reactions below!

According to Punch news, The Presidency disagreed on Monday that President Muhammadu Buhari was “sleeping on duty as the Commander-in-Chief”, a description the Catholic Bishop of Yola Diocese, Rt Rev Fr Stephen Mamza, gave of Buhari on Sunday.

The cleric had during an Easter homily he delivered in Yola, the Adamawa State capital, criticized the Buhari administration for allegedly failing to halt insecurity in the country, especially escalating kidnappings, banditry, and other violent crimes.

Speaking on the latest killings in Zamfara, Benue, Adamawa, Taraba, and Southern Kaduna, the bishop said, “We are really in a dilemma. We (Nigerians) are feeling that we don’t have protection. From all indications, there is nothing being done. There have been calls from all over the country. Look at what is happening in Zamfara State; look at what is happening in Benue periodically, in Nasarawa state and now in Adamawa (Southern Adamawa).

“If there is a government in place then the government should listen to the people and address the security challenges. We have mass burials from time to time and there is no sign the government cares about what is happening.”

But, the Presidency on Monday disagreed with the bishop, denying that Buhari had been sleeping on duty.

It accused Mamza of not “staying above politics” and also not making “a fair comment” about Buhari.

The Presidency went on to recount what Buhari had done to restore security since assumed duty in 2015, especially in the war against insurgency.

It argued that but for Buhari’s efforts, Yola and other towns in Adamawa and the rest of the North-East would still be under the control of Boko Haram.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Garba Shehu, who gave the Presidency’s position, stated, “There is so much that has changed in the past three to four years in and around Yola, and the Catholic Church in particular that a true assessment would show that, but for the change administration of President Buhari, things would have continued the way they were, or even get worse. These could not have happened if a Commander-in-Chief was asleep.

“Bishop Mamza was and is still a strong member of the Adamawa Peace Initiative, API, composed of religious and community leaders, which did the lovely work housing and feeding 400,000 displaced people from Northern Adamawa and the Borno States in 2015. The API also did the extraordinary work of easing tensions between Muslims and Christians during that period and ensured that both groups did not turn on one another based on suspicion.

“As widely reported by the local and international press, in the premises of St. Theresa’s Cathedral where Rev Mamza ministered, there were more than 1,500 IDPs, mostly women and children on whom the church administered food rations and issued bags of maize, cooking oil and seasoning. We are truly touched and very grateful for the work that the Bishop and the others had done in that difficult period.

“Now that Boko Haram has been degraded, the more than 400,000 displaced people absorbed by the Adamawa community have all gone back to Borno state and to those council areas in northern Adamawa.

Source: https://grandmarketsquare.com/im-not-sleeping-on-duty-buhari-replies-yola-bishop/

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Polynews: 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Is PMB making Sense?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by opparadise: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
I wonder what Garba knows about peace and security of the locals. They should give him a rifle and post him to Zamfara. His eyes will see his ears!
If Buhari responds quickly to insurgency as he does to critics, Nigeria would have been an earthly heaven.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by DonGtoG1(m): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
How come you were snoring?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by amaniro: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
It's quite funny how buhari and his Acqintances quickly reply critics.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
DonGtoG1:
How come you were snoring?
Yemi, see this guy...he doesn't know the difference between snoring and breathing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by lordkush: 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
this one even dey duty post at all ?
he is not sleeping on duty. he is sleeping at home

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by lordkush: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
his defenders will soon invade the thread hailing and defending incompetency

15 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Who said Buhari is sleeping on duty?? That is fallacious!!

Buhari is not sleeping on duty please...

Buhari is actually not alive at his duty.

or lemme say... Buhari is lifeless on duty.

Pls, everyone is entitled to his opinion. u do not have to curse my mother before u can make a point.

in other words, do not quote me to say nonsense

40 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by 360degreess(m): 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
All these 419 pastors. They are ranting because they are no longer receiving that wuruwuru tithe they used to get from past corrupt dministration..
SAI baba no send una message.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Gandollar(f): 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Polynews:
Is PMB making Sense?
Not in the least.

11 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Sirjamo: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
1.8 million people voted to return Buhari in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States, that Bishop is just one person and he's entitle to his bias opinion, the people have spoken loud and clear with their votes.

I know we still have security challenge, but compare to PDP era, we have seen a lot of improvements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Gandollar(f): 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
360degreess:
All these 419 pastors. They are ranting because they are no longer receiving that wuruwuru tithe they used to get from past corrupt dministration..
SAI baba no send una message.
This man you call 419 is at the forefront making huge sacrifices to alleviate the sufferings in IDPs. He has first hand info and on the field experience of what's going on security-wise. Your own is to hide behind your keypad to spew dirt.

49 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Gandollar(f): 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sirjamo:
1.8 million people voted to return Buhari in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States, that Bishop is just one person and he's entitle to his bias opinion, the people have spoken loud and clear with their votes.

I know we still have security challenge, but compare to PDP era, we have seen a lot of improvements.
Your last paragraph...read my siggy.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by lordkush: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sirjamo:

defenders. grin

look road b4 keke package you o

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Buhari the sleeping Dullard grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Polynews: 5:05am On Apr 23, 2019
Gandollar:
Not in the least.
I see
Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Jadax(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2019
You're rebooting
Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by backnbeta(f): 7:14am On Apr 23, 2019
Response time to criticism is fast
Response time to issues....loading undecided

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Buzoman: 8:00am On Apr 23, 2019
Buhari buhari Buhari aburo bo na yh tu wa nt ya buhari
Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2019
opparadise:
I wonder what Garba knows about peace and security of the locals. They should give him a rifle and post him to Zamfara. His eyes will see his ears!
If Buhari responds quickly to insurgency as he does to critics, Nigeria would have been an earthly heaven.
You also need to go through the rigors of becoming a priest

Then get ordained, live a celibacy life

Let's see if your dead soul will not empathize with people suffering undecided

Or what's the essence of going into something you have no flare for

Did anyone point a gun on Buhari's head to become the president
Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Bossontop(m): 8:01am On Apr 23, 2019
undecided
No....he is not sleeping...... He's just in a coma for the entire span of his tenure.....mtcheewww

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by iammo(m): 8:05am On Apr 23, 2019
undecided

This people don start again, Buhari is sleeping on duty, Buhari is slow.... that was how they pushed Yaradua to heaven and Jonathan to Otuoke. yet some uneducated violent Northerners still kill themselves like they've been doing since Jihadist days.

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 23, 2019
Buhari is sleeping on duty because he is not sharing dollars like Athiekulloter . Lmfao
Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by samsam2019: 8:06am On Apr 23, 2019
Na to reply people quickly dem know. Awon oloriburuku deede

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by RZArecta2(m): 8:08am On Apr 23, 2019
Buhari is sleeping on top a moving bicycle cool

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Sleeping On Duty, Buhari Replies Reverend Stephen Mamza by Dannyhajo(m): 8:11am On Apr 23, 2019
synonym of hausa/fulani=COW

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why FG Has Not Built A Federal Secretariat In Abia — Rep Onuigbo Reveals / Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage / Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.