Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) (38096 Views)

Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! / Enugu State Re-Opens Nike Lake Resort / Abuja Airport Re-opens With Strict COVID-19 Safety Protocols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Nobody: 2:22am On Apr 23, 2019
OEPHIUS:
Dis is Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort,A world class Tourist centre Located in Ikogosi Ekiti.
@GovAyoFayose meet it functionin wen he bcame Gov in 2014,He left it dead till he disgracegully left office in 2018
HE @kfayemi has ressurects Ikogosi as picnickers stormed 2catch Easter fun https:///7lRAzUnnyp

Your grammar is SHOCKINGLY POOR...
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by vioment: 2:54am On Apr 23, 2019
because of the lack of water technology, one swimming pool for nigeria is known by many and always packed. Make we no even get into the quality of that water, am sure say the tds(totally dissolved solids), ph, flow calibrations, and chlorine/bromine levels, are all off.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by wink2015(m): 2:58am On Apr 23, 2019
Nice.

Ekiti state deputy governor was quoted to have made a worrisome and a very disturbing statement some months ago requesting the federal government of Nigeria to allocate Niger delta crude oil specifically oil well to states in Nigeria to manage for their own individual development as against the present approach of allocating crude oil wells to rich individuals in Nigeria who might even lease it out to another third party if they notice they can not drill the oil well.

I think if that request had been carried out it would have resulted in another oppressive law.

The point I am making here is that states in Nigeria should make do with what naturally is in your domain and step up the internally generated revenue ( IGR )

Requesting for Niger delta crude oil money using back door processes is offensive to crude oil producing community.

States in Nigeria should face standard mechanized agriculture instead of making illegitimate demand and seeking for the natural resources of other states or region.

Governors who want to succeed today in Nigeria must cut their coat according to their cloth material.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Alwaystruth: 3:14am On Apr 23, 2019
Did I hear you say world class tourist center!!. This local village and bushy environment is world class in your beclouded sight!.
Okay ooh but I advise you to please try and leave the shores of Nigeria at least once and your perception will change by what you will see and you will know that including our international airports, Aso rock and other places you Nigerians regard as world class are all glorified villages in other climes. when I see people pose for pictures in Shoprite last time I visited Nigeria,I knew quite well that Nigeria is still 100 years backward in development.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by femi4: 3:40am On Apr 23, 2019
Sydney17:
I can only see swimming pool and some malnurished kids playing around! how is this a tourist attraction sir? which tourist will fly to Nigeria and board a bus to Ekiti state just to go swim? grin grin
Ignorant!

Google Ikogisi to know why people visit there
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 23, 2019
There is nothing in these pictures to show its a tourist attraction not to talk of being world class. Op show us something we cannot see anywhere else. Swimming pool? They are everywhere, some people even have it in their homes. I have actually been thinking of visiting this Ikogusi spring someday but I am not impressed with these pictures. Do I need to travel hundreds of km to see swimming pool?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 23, 2019
Lmao...

If this nonsense is world class tourist attraction then what will they call this one below wey no even reach 2 star.

We are our own problem in this Nigeria. Why is mediocrity considered okay in our society?

We celebrate the politicians for doing 0.001 % of their jobs and that's why they never do anything.

God save us in this country

Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by oduademon: 4:08am On Apr 23, 2019
In 1952, Southern Baptist missionary, Rev. John S. McGee, from his mission base in the nearby Ekiti town of Igede, went to the source of the hot and cold springs, about which he had heard from the Ikogosi people. Initially, he was discouraged from doing this, for reasons of the tradition he had heard from the local residents, which was that nobody should ever visit the source of these two streams, because of the idea that to do so would be to invite death from the supernatural forces that were responsible for this strange, and most unusual, feature of nature. In spite of these "warnings," Rev. McGee made his way through the bush/forest, up the hill to the source of the two side-by-side springs. According to Rev. McGee's later brief, written account, "After seeing it, I felt that it could be used for a good purpose. I discussed the possible use of it with some of the Mission and (Nigerian Baptist) Convention friends. With the growing interest of Royal Ambassador work, and youth work, we felt that it could best be used by building a Youth Camp. I took it up with the Ekiti Association and we decided to build a camp for our R.A.s and G.A.s. The land was secured through the Convention
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Freshbaba95(m): 4:12am On Apr 23, 2019
Skhibanj1015:
Bros, the fact that you grew up in Ado-Ekiti does not give you an insight on how the state is being piloted. Fayemi puts in place a sound partnership with UAC and some others. Monies were duly remitted and not just that, job was created for many people(Gossy water gets as far as abuja) and also the economy of Ikogosi was so good because of the patronage. I had my Secondary and tertiary education in Ekiti State.

Note:There are lots of people from Ekiti who knows better than you but wont talk. Don't sound as if you Know more.

Right before Fayemi came to government, Gossi water has been going far, had my senior school education in Lagos, and i could boast of drinking gossi water there. Go and check your facts about the collaboration with UAC, and you will see it dated back right before fayemi came..
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by wildernessVoice: 4:16am On Apr 23, 2019
And they forgot to mention the only overhead bridge constructed by Fayose and stomach infrastructure unlike Osun where a woman traded her child for a basin of garri.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by mr1759: 5:10am On Apr 23, 2019
fayose the best governor in Ekiti ever, in his time he drove Fulani herdsmen back to Sokoto but as he leaves fayemi has gone to bring them back and they have started slaughtering Ekiti ppl,
back to ikogisi resort how much was the budget spent by the state government that reconstructed a beach given out already to a private firm. if the state governor is not stupid, where is the inquiry report about the place before money was released to fix there
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Gokoyer0(m): 5:39am On Apr 23, 2019
what do you expect? They are calling this world class just to gain political points. smh
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Segun87(m): 5:51am On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=SunnyskyTG post=77773305]

That's not World Class biko.

Majority believes our Government knows what to do to raise our developments as a Nation but they are refusing to do it, I believe different, I believe our Government knows what to do to raise our developments as a Nation but they don't know how to do it.

The PDP wasted 16 years of leadership without fundamental achievements, the APC misused 3+ years of leadership without tangible results of its campaign promises.

Our current crop of leaders knows what to do but simply have no idea how, they've been giving their best according to their knowledge and abilities, with little or no results to show.

Provided we have insightful Leaders, Leaders with visions, proactive Leaders, tourism in Ekiti State alone will be generating billions of Naira quarterly. It will be in the top attraction lists of tourist centres in the world.

Dubai have deserts, Kenya have forests.

[b][u]Nigeria have deserts and forests.

brother, I see reason with ur point above,
but our leaders travel alot to meet with other leaders especially places where things work well for them. does dat means they just do travel Der for there personal issue not to gather knowledge on how they will achieve der dreams for Nigeria. it is well with us in dis country

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by zoedew: 6:11am On Apr 23, 2019
That was fast! Kudos!!
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by zoedew: 6:12am On Apr 23, 2019
Gokoyer0:
what do you expect? They are calling this world class just to gain political points. smh

Let’s be objective- it’s world class! I’ve been there!!
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Bet9ja78780: 6:28am On Apr 23, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]See below

Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by directonpc(m): 6:35am On Apr 23, 2019
BrokenCock:
if the app works offline then it's good , if it doesn't then I'd rather use Google
works 100% offline sir. If you try and you love it don't forget to give it 5 stars. Thanks
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by TGMISKY(m): 6:52am On Apr 23, 2019
Nathdoug201:
Buhari latest achievement
Anyway I dedicate this fct to all the women in my life
Why are dedicating our Federal Capital Territory to all the women in your life? Is it ya daddy own?
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 23, 2019
[quote author=Segun87 post=77775814][/quote]

I know a hairdressing apprentice who was to learn the hairdressing skill for 4 years, the apprentice eventually spent 5 years but lacks the grit knowledge of a hairdresser.

It all depends on the mindset carried by our politicians, if they are traveling to London just because everyone speaks high about London they'll only see the beauty but won't see the secrets that emits it, but if they are traveling to London to learn they'll see the source of the beauty of London and they'll tap from it.

In other words, our Politicians aren't traveling to learn, they are simply there to admire, that's all.

Good morning
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Rebelutionary: 7:23am On Apr 23, 2019
Freshbaba95:
Before people start to insult fayose, ask your self, when fayemi was in power, was he remitting ikogosi revenue to the state account?
During fayemi's previous tenure, he did gave out ikogosi to a private investor, and the money made was never accounted in the state's account.
People are quick to condem without checking facts
You accused people of talking without checking facts and you blatantly did the very same (except you give verifiable proof) by just TALKING!

Where's the proof that Fayemi ddnt remit ikogosi revenue to state account?

Your words worth is in the verifiable proof presented!
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by ikezuora4689(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2019
Chumaskyx:
....all this nonsense yet you did not blame the management board for runing down a profit making venture like this, you can also blame Fayose for all the beer palours that closed down during his tenure
oga do u reside in ekiti...if no... then shut the fvck up
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by hush15: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

When will you Igbo people face the fact that Jonathan lost fair and square in 2015?
Nawa o .
The headline clearly states “Ekiti State Government ”
But your brain has been programmed to mention Buhari everytime .
This is becoming something else o .
No enter market o

You are right that it Ekiti State Government topic and not Buhari, so it has nothing to do with him but factually, Buhari cannot win anything fair and square. He didn't win 2015 elections. GEJ conceded it to him neither did he win 2019. That's a truth.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by lomprico(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2019
Shitty reporting! Fayose FINISHED his tenure well. He was never disgraced out.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Nathdoug201: 8:22am On Apr 23, 2019
TGMISKY:

Why are dedicating our Federal Capital Territory to all the women in your life? Is it ya daddy own?
lol
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Freshbaba95(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2019
Rebelutionary:

You accused people of talking without checking facts and you blatantly did the very same (except you give verifiable proof) by just TALKING!

Where's the proof that Fayemi ddnt remit ikogosi revenue to state account?

Your words worth is in the verifiable proof presented!

During his tenure, and period of budget declaration, was ikogosi warm spring added to it.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by Greatzeus(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2019
I visited there during my NYSC,I served in Erinjiyan/Ikogosi
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by love2017(m): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2019
Most wayward post on earth...how would you refer to a swimming pool as a spring.
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2019
OP, your use of English can kill Ikogosi Resort!!!!
Re: Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) by jafol(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
Igbos wont like this. I bet all their descendents went there to swim too lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge Cordoned Off. Road Users Beware / Massive Rainfall And Storm Hits Dubai UAE (pics/video) / SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.