Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Sluggish Internet Speed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sluggish Internet Speed (967 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sluggish Internet Speed by digitalize(m): 5:02am On Sep 17, 2010
I just unlocked my MTN modem and now I can
use it with etisalat and other SIMs, but using it with
etisalat is very slow, sluggish and epileptic, the reverse is the
case anytime I use the modem with MTN.

Pls what could be the cause of this and what can I do
to make it faster with etisalat. I prefer etisalat due to their tariff plan.
Re: Sluggish Internet Speed by routik(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
digitalize:

I just unlocked my MTN modem and now I can
use it with etisalat and other SIMs, but using it with
etisalat is very slow, sluggish and epileptic, the reverse is the
case anytime I use the modem with MTN.

Pls what could be the cause of this and what can I do
to make it faster with etisalat. I prefer etisalat due to their tariff plan.
i use etisalat on my GLO modem (unlocked). it works well for me even faster than zain when i compared the two. the problem is most like to be your location,
Re: Sluggish Internet Speed by tomcat: 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2010
as far as i know etisalat has only EDGE network, as opposed to MTN and GLO which they have HSDPA

Etisalat average speed is around 120-150kbit
Re: Sluggish Internet Speed by gentleblaq: 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2010
PLS FORUM MEMBERS I NEED YOUR HELP WITH MY MODERM, I LOADED 500 FOR GLO DAILY PACKAGE, AFTER WHEN THE MONEY WAS DEDUCTED, I CUD NT CONNECT IT KEEPS BRINGING ERROR 619 THT THE PORT WAS CLOSED.PLS ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE THIS BEFORE SHOULD DROP BY AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON THE POSSIBLE SOLUTION.PLS ITS VERY URGENT AS THE PLAN WILL EXPIRE 2MORO(18-9-10
Re: Sluggish Internet Speed by vaengaiven: 4:34am On Dec 02, 2011
Don't worry i will help you,You can increase the internet speed using the tips, Please reset the Modem once ,and plug out Modem and restart the PC,Then fix the modem there and then browse,So you can know the speed difference,You can check the speed of the internet at here Scanmyspeed.com really know the difference, Or you can call your ISP and ask Good plan than this.

(1) (Reply)

Predict Next 10- 20 Years Technology Devices You Will Like To See / . / Very Clean Uk Used Toshiba Touchscreen Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.