Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! (512 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / You Didn't Vote For GMB In 2003,2007 And 2011 Why Now? / 2011: Why Is Nobody Talking About The National Assembly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! by wales(m): 7:00am On Sep 17, 2010
DOUBTS over former anti-graft agency chief Nuhu Ribadu’s interest in politics were cleared Thursrday.

"I’II contest for President to remake Nigeria," Ribadu said in Abuja.

He is coming into a race in which President Goodluck Jonathan, former Military President Gen. Babangida, former Head of State Gen. Muhamadu Buhari and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar are contesting.

"I’m not afraid of them," Ribadu said at a breakfast with journalists in Abuja.

The former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chair did not reveal the party on whose platform he is running.

But he ruled out the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

On his credentials, he said: "I have always been a federal person. I have the experience in public service. I have put 25 years of my life into the service of the Federal Government of Nigeria in the Executive capacity. After that, of course, I served outside Nigeria. I have worked and acquired international experience."

He added: "I had the chance to set up an agency (EFCC); I ran it for five years. I was in an Economic Team. I was a Federal Prosecutor, probably more than any other person in that capacity.

I was a police officer, a community worker, I put all my life into public service at the Federal Government level. It is only natural for you to really put that into where the experience can best count."

Asked why he was reluctant on the platform, he said: "I am still consulting, but it is going to be very soon because there is no time. It is going to be very soon for us to make a decision on that.

"Like I said, my belief is that the possibility of all of us coming together must be exhausted full blast to see the chance for us to give our country a platform that is going to be national.

Asked if he got any offer from the PDP, Ribadu replied: "Never, never. We will educate Nigerians about PDP and what I consider the future of our country."

Ribadu said he was not afraid of big names (Goliaths) in the presidential race and corrupt elements that might gang up against him.

He said: "But David defeated Goliath eventually. Pray that I will be the David.

"I have always been fighting in my life. When I was in the Police Force, I fought armed robbers, I survived. I fought gangsters, I fought 419 fraudsters, big time corrupt people and I have survived. I am still standing as Nuhu Ribadu; I believe I will also survive this."

Ribadu denied ever investigating First Lady Patience Jonathan over allegations of laundering N70million during his tenure at the EFCC.

"I never handled a case against Patience Jonathan; never, it’s a lie. You know it is so sad because in our country this is how we go about maligning people. But today thank God I am not in his government. So, I can open up and talk. If I were to say it earlier people would have thought that I was looking for job from President Goodluck Jonathan. I am not looking for anything. But the truth must be told."

He explained: "at the time the matter came up, we were investigating a case involving one Igbo lady who was reported by a bank through suspicious transaction report. I think there was a lodgment of about N70million into a bank and then they reported.

"Of course, we found out that she did a contract in Bayelsa State and then we followed it.

We did a thorough investigation involving that woman. But they were all money that they earned from contracts which we did not have any difficulty or have issues with."

Ribadu, who spoke glowingly about his dream to remake Nigeria , said he could make a difference within two years.

He added: "I have a dream of a new Nigeria; I have the dream of a changed Nigeria. I want to see if there is a possibility of opening a new chapter for the country. And those who are in charge somehow certainly need to give chance for the country to move forward.

"My coming is going to be like the best Nigerian should come forward, whether you are old or new or woman or man. It has to be all of us and I want to be part of that team that would certainly save our country and give it a new lease of life.

"I want to see the possibility of capturing the vision of majority of Nigerians who today are the young ones. And I certainly belong to that."

Ribadu listed his priorities as security; effective power supply; free education; sound medical facilities; and collective leadership.

He said: "I want to immediately provide those basic things. They are so important to us. I must insist that we must have security immediately, instantly; there is no time to waste on that. I want to see that we can immediately solve the problem of power.

"I will do it (power); I will come out with my programme and policy. It is not something you can give in one word. I want to make a full stop to corruption finally.

"I want to ensure from now on that Nigerians are going to enjoy free and fair education. I want to ensure that we will have good and decent hospitals. We will have hospitals, we don’t have to go out of the country and spend our money to build others like in India, Egypt and Ghana. Time has come for us to build our own.

"I want to see a Nigeria that will give justice to its own people; justice across; justice that can give a chance to us to have peace and stability for us to grow.

"I want to see the possibility of giving our country opportunity of equal treatment, fairness, respect for people. I want to see if it is possible for us to give a leadership that can listen; leadership that can take advice; leadership that is going to be collective," Ribadu said.

He promised to make available "a detailed, precise and very clear programmes and policies on how to go about it."

"The intention is there. Something is burning in all of us to save our country. We love our country, we must fight for our country, we must work for our country.

"We want to bring out the energy in all of us and see if we can make a country that all of us will be proud of; a Nigeria that will be respected by the world, a Nigeria that will have a voice."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/13500.html

Re: 2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! by wales(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2010
Thank you, our courageos Mr Nuhu Ribadu, my advise is that you kindly support, allign with, and or serve now under our own Goodluck Jonathan. You are not the person to rule Nigeria in her year of Jubilee. The one man and person that qualifies is the incumbent, President
Please listen to your spirit, and if you can hear from God, take it so. God will give you a chance if He has destined you to rule in Nigeria. Or else find grace to serve Him. Dont force your self, of course you cannot. Maradona and co, did so by the barrel of the gun, through coup(s). I know you are wise. This is the prophetic voice to you my dear brother beloved. Only believe, please dont waiste your money this year. Please hands to provide educational facilities. Human capital development is our greatest challenge. You can help. Use your present contacts to do something. Not justling for power at the level of presidency. Join the NASS to make laws. To build institutions and ensure enforcement of law and order. For example we would want all past and present leaders to declare their assets. And show proof of how they amassed all these wealth they are now throwing to our faces to mock us. IBB and all these other politicians should prove source of their wealth. God bless you, Amen. God bless Nigeria. Happy Jubilee.
Re: 2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! by ndigbo: 8:25am On Sep 17, 2010
@ Wales, i know it's ur opinion as it is Nuhu choice to run for the number one seat in the country. May i remind u that we need people who are courageous enough to run for that sit! We are tired of recycling those old thives. It is a good thing that GEJ has decleared on his facebook page and will be doing same tomorrow at the Eagle square. It dosen't mean he is the best man for the job. I will vote and mobilise people to vote for any credible person who intends to move Nigeria and its people forward.
Re: 2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! by CareTaker1(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2010
wales:

Thank you, our courageos Mr Nuhu Ribadu, my advise is that you kindly support, allign with, and or serve now under our own Goodluck Jonathan. You are not the person to rule Nigeria in her year of Jubilee. The one man and person that qualifies is the incumbent, President
Please listen to your spirit, and if you can hear from God, take it so. God will give you a chance if He has destined you to rule in Nigeria. Or else find grace to serve Him. Dont force your self, of course you cannot. Maradona and co, did so by the barrel of the gun, through coup(s). I know you are wise. This is the prophetic voice to you my dear brother beloved. Only believe, please dont waiste your money this year. Please hands to provide educational facilities. Human capital development is our greatest challenge. You can help. Use your present contacts to do something. Not justling for power at the level of presidency. Join the NASS to make laws. To build institutions and ensure enforcement of law and order. For example we would want all past and present leaders to declare their assets. And show proof of how they amassed all these wealth they are now throwing to our faces to mock us. IBB and all these other politicians should prove source of their wealth. God bless you, Amen. God bless Nigeria. Happy Jubilee.

Abegi hepu me tellam O jare!
Re: 2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! by Gbawe: 9:58am On Sep 17, 2010
wales:

This is the same advice you would have given Jonathan if the situation were reversed i.e if Ribadu was incumbent and Jonathan was another candidate taking him on. I feel sorry for us Nigerians. The Presidency has not grown into the dictatorially powerful office it is today without the meekness and groupie adoration of us Nigerians, combined with an over-reliance on religion ahead of self-belief and self-determination . In other Nations the Presidency is respected but not deified . In Nigerian the President can do no wrong. Jonathan has landed where he is by luck so please refrain from invoking the name of God in some connotation of divine intervention. Support Jonathan and leave it at that.
Re: 2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! by Beaf: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2010
Ribadu listed his priorities as security; effective power supply; free education; sound medical facilities; and collective leadership.

He said: "I want to immediately provide those basic things. They are so important to us. I must insist that we must have security immediately, instantly; there is no time to waste on that. I want to see that we can immediately solve the problem of power.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/13500.html

I am wondering how anybody can "[size=14pt]immediately[/size]" or "[size=14pt]instantly[/size]" provide security, effective power supply, free education, sound medical facilities? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why the wild and unfulillable promises?

Nuhu! Alarm bells are ringing!
Re: 2011: Why I Want To Rule Nigeria, By Nuhu Ribadu ! by ndigbo: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2010
Gbawe:

This is the same advice you would have given Jonathan if the situation were reversed i.e if Ribadu was incumbent and Jonathan was another candidate taking him on. I feel sorry for us Nigerians. The Presidency has not grown into the dictatorially powerful office it is today without the meekness and groupie adoration of us Nigerians, combined with an over-reliance on religion ahead of self-belief and self-determination . In other Nations the Presidency is respected but not deified . In Nigerian the President can do no wrong. Jonathan has landed where he is by luck so please refrain from invoking the name of God in some connotation of divine intervention. Support Jonathan and leave it at that. 
Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Will You Vote In 2011? Poll For Nigerian's Living In Nigeria Only / Memo To Ibb, Buhari And Atiku / N2.3b Fraud: Court Rules On Ogbulafor Oct. 4 :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.