Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) (13232 Views)

Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus / Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! / COZA: "If Girls Sexually Abused By Lecturers In IMSU Come Out...." - Leeroy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by BleedingPen: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers

... Shut down main gate

By James A. Mary

Students from the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin on Tuesday took to the street to register their grievances over the industrial action embarked upon by academic staff in the faculty, CAMPUS GIST reports.

The protest comes less than 72 hours to the April 26th induction ceremony of the Faculty of Pharmacy of the institution.

CAMPUS GIST learnt that the decision of the lecturers to embark on strike is due to non-payment of their earned professional allowances by management of the institution.

Our correspondent reports that other health professionals in the school have been paid the said allowance, while that of Pharmacy lecturers have remained pending.

CAMPUS GIST gathered that academic activities in the faculty has been put on hold since the strike started, and till date, not much has been done by the management of the university towards ending the industrial action.

The students have, however, resolved to peaceful protests around the university to express their grievances, and have requested that the strike be called off. They have also demanded that the lost academic days be added to the current calendar at the resumption of lectures.

Speaking with CAMPUS GIST, one of the students who did not want his name mentioned, said; “We are here to demand an end to this nonsense (sic). We will not stop until academic activities resumes fully in the faculty. We cannot afford to fold our hands and watch things go wrong.”

Another student who identified herself simply as Mercy, said; “We are tired of UNIBEN, we have not had lectures since the resumption of academic activities. We cannot come and spend eight years on a six year course naah! (sic).”

CAMPUS GIST recalls that the faculty had on the 2nd of July, 2018 embarked on a warning strike to drive home their demands over non-payment of their earned allowances.

The protest was, however, suspended after six weeks following an “agreement” between the striking lecturers and management of the university.

Efforts to reach the Spokesman of the institution, Osasuyi Michael for comments proved abortive. A staff in the Public Relations Office promised to get back to us, he was, however, yet to do so as at press time.

Mary is CAMPUS GIST’s UNIBEN Correspondent.

Copyright CAMPUS GIST.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on our website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from CAMPUS GIST.

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by TANID(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2019
Hmmmm!
Wow! I'm FTC

Really

Ok Let Me Used This FTC
To Look For Aunty Tohyorsih2

I No See Ya Comment In A Recent Time Were Are You o o o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by TANID(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2019
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by alexie4real(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2019
Chai eleyi gidi gan sad
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by soarz(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ok
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by ogawisdom(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2019
Lol
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
Another one ni

Thunder fire the idiot above me. Go and scam your papa there.
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by loadedvibes: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
The VC no get shame o.. him don squander money
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Harryase(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
What's up with all these bet slips?

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by erons22(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Because of protest them cause holdup for road
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by TANID(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
Hmmmm
This Bet Again
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Alexis11: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
Uniben VC is a big thief actually. cool
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by TheManofTomorrow(m): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
"Our correspondent reportS that other health professionals has been paid the said allowances while that of the Faculty of Pharmacy remains pending"
Corruption abounds in every sector the education sector at that.
Since July 2018 And pharmacy of all couses. If these students ends up producing killer drugs now. We surely knows who to blame.

There was a country. SMH

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Uyi168: 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2019
I was there live..
BTW, whats seun and Co doing about all these scam spam posts littering almost all threads?

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Uyi168: 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2019
post=77793098:
The VC no get shame o.. him don squander money
Orumwense Na yeye my brother..
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by micah04: 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2019
Jobless students.....
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by TheManofTomorrow(m): 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
"Our correspondent reportS that other health professionals has been paid the said allowances while that of the Faculty of Pharmacy remains pending"
Corruption abounds in every sector the education sector at that.
Since July 2018 And pharmacy of all couses. If these students ends up producing killer drugs now. We surely knows who to blame.

There was a country. SMH
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by geunik(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
Too bad
Pharmacy student in Nigeria should order for my ebook
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by calculator123(m): 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sad..
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Jman06(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
This is too bad and dangerous for the healthcare system of this country!

These pharmacists in academia work hard to train not only quality pharmacists for the country but also other healthcare professionals like medical doctors, dentists, nurses etc. Why are they being treated differently by the management of UNIBEN Why has Faraday Orumwense refused blatantly to pay them their professional allowances This is not fair at all!

And UNIBEN faculty of pharmacy has some of the best brains in the country! Why has UNIBEN decided to treat them like they are not important I understand that the federal government releases the money to the university management on a regular basis but the VC and his cohorts are the ones who refused to pay the money to these lecturers! What a shame on a university like UNIBEN that should be among the best in the country!

The federal government should urgently look into this matter and save these students from frustration! EFCC
and ICPC should beam their searchlights into UNIBEN. Orumwense should be arrested and made to account for all his mismanagement of funds since assumption of office as VC.

Nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Sermwell(m): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
they should just allow the induction of my baby girl. I take God beg them!!
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Joecristiano7(m): 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
Come to Fupre...academic a activities thrive without hitches cool
Re: UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
TANID:
Hmmmm!
Wow! I'm FTC

Really

Ok Let Me Used This FTC
To Look For Aunty Tohyorsih2

I No See Ya Comment In A Recent Time Were Are You o o o

I'm here. I dey kampe
Thank you cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mike Omotosho 2015 Msc/bsc Scholarship In UK, Malaysia, India, Cyprus / Creepiest historical Photos you'll ever find on the internet / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.