Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,411 members, 7,830,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? - Events (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? (72594 Views)

Nigerian Couple Spend N3.5m On Cake Designed Like Car For Their Wedding / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / Your Greatest Sales Item. How Much Did You Save? Deals, Steals Or Ripp-offs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by djlimbo: 5:11am On Apr 24, 2019
U spent 35k for both DJ & MC. What a world. Na una wet dey spoil dz profession. I wonder how their performances even be self. Anyways, HML to u.

Only one DJ Limbo ��
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by mhizv(f): 5:21am On Apr 24, 2019
OVA200:
Am not married but I won't exceed my budget of 500K
Call me poor if you want to. Wifey will eat after wedding.

It's the best honestly.life after the wedding that matters

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Whobedatte(m): 5:30am On Apr 24, 2019
Spent over N2M, my sister took responsibility for food from our side though, my wife's family also cooked from their side too. They paid for hall too N200k AMD other things
What I did is cake N75k
Video+camera N150k
Intro list and engagement list N120k
Suit for myself and best man + shirt and tie N200k
Shoe N25k
Native+agbada for engagement N200k (myself n wife)
Wedding gown N100k
Ring N75k (eko -idumota)
Hall decor N150 k
DJ and two MCs N50 k
Hotel N15k
Hotel after N36k
Transport (moment of people and food) N30k
Form C N36k
Church (Rccg) Form E and diesel N25k
Test(Hiv+genotype) N4k
Drinks N100k
Clothes for mom and dad N150k
Bags and other accessories for my wife N200k
Also ebi N200 k
Others I can't remember. Truth is I already have been buying some of those things since last year when she took me to meet her family, and over 70% have bn executed. I just put finishing touch to it this year.
Moreover, my wife's family are well to do too. So they took responsibility of other things.
I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Whobedatte(m): 5:40am On Apr 24, 2019
dyydxx:
Please help me scrutinise this bill. I have been looking for where to reduce but for now i still dont know. wedding is slated for aug 10 and i have already done introduction. We are expecting 300 guests and it is happening in Ijebu Ode. Both the traditional and white wedding will happen the same day in the same event hall plus the reception. everything in one place.

Grand Hall Inn G.R.A Ijebu Ode (300 Capacity) 300,000
Decorations 150,000
Wedding Cake 60,000
Photography& Videography 120,000
All Bridal Wares(Wedding Gown, Makeup, Aso oke, Jewelleries, shoes etc) 150,000
All Groom Wares(Suits, Aso Oke, Shoes, Jewelleries,Cuff links) 100,000
Wedding Rings 40,000
Music/DJ 40,000
MC 40,000
Food (1000 per guest) 300,000
Drinks (200 per guest) 60,000
Invitation Cards 40,000
Souvenirs 60,000
Miscellaneous 50,000

This is 1.5m budget. I'm looking for how it can be N1m but the event planner is saying i'm not serious at all. the whole thing is just tiring. He said's this is a standard wedding budget. Anything less wont be classy at all.
Invitation card I did last few weeks for my wedding is N15k, do few and make sure you only give important people. Do a soft copy and give general people on whasapp. Reduce your guests too
Halloween is too
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Whobedatte(m): 5:40am On Apr 24, 2019
dyydxx:
Please help me scrutinise this bill. I have been looking for where to reduce but for now i still dont know. wedding is slated for aug 10 and i have already done introduction. We are expecting 300 guests and it is happening in Ijebu Ode. Both the traditional and white wedding will happen the same day in the same event hall plus the reception. everything in one place.

Grand Hall Inn G.R.A Ijebu Ode (300 Capacity) 300,000
Decorations 150,000
Wedding Cake 60,000
Photography& Videography 120,000
All Bridal Wares(Wedding Gown, Makeup, Aso oke, Jewelleries, shoes etc) 150,000
All Groom Wares(Suits, Aso Oke, Shoes, Jewelleries,Cuff links) 100,000
Wedding Rings 40,000
Music/DJ 40,000
MC 40,000
Food (1000 per guest) 300,000
Drinks (200 per guest) 60,000
Invitation Cards 40,000
Souvenirs 60,000
Miscellaneous 50,000

This is 1.5m budget. I'm looking for how it can be N1m but the event planner is saying i'm not serious at all. the whole thing is just tiring. He said's this is a standard wedding budget. Anything less wont be classy at all.
Invitation card I did last few weeks for my wedding is N15k, do few and make sure you only give important people. Do a soft copy and give general people on whasapp. Reduce your guests too
Hall is too expensive too
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by MPESA(m): 5:53am On Apr 24, 2019
nuelyoyo:
forget the bride price thingy. It's the cost of the traditional item that makes people complain about certain tribe, not bride price. Some family can bill you 10naira as bride price and give a list worth 1m naira. Other families can tell u to pay bride price of 30k and give you traditional list of 130k.

Bro you ain't making any sense, all I see here is HATE for certain tribe BTW it's their culture and tradition so if you can't deal with it then you forget it.... No body dhey bill you 1M for Igbo land not even in IMO State...

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Orpe7(m): 6:10am On Apr 24, 2019
Hope u can pay your rent a atleat 2yrz straight after
Cus if u can't na there wahala start o
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Topshow4real: 6:12am On Apr 24, 2019
divineappo:
Op spent about #2m for wedding oo

una dey try

#2m that u wil use to export teak wood abroad and make profit

Anyways, my budget for wedding and traditional, everything na #500k, I get plans

I cannot come and die

Can I pm you? I'd like to know more about this teak wood business
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Jilo83(m): 6:21am On Apr 24, 2019
OVA200:
Am not married but I won't exceed my budget of 500K
Call me poor if you want to. Wifey will eat after wedding.
You even try with 500k. I know will be around that amount but mine own contribution will be 250k-300k friends n family members will support me.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 6:25am On Apr 24, 2019
OLisaMacaulay:
My brother I spend more then that on my own oh, I targeted 3m end up spending 4.2m my beautiful wife is from ogoni in Rivers state
not everyone is dumbfvck. Only fraudster or politicians will spend that much on a wedding. No responsible thinking man will work his ass out and spend 4.2m on a wedding when the future is still there.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by favour32(m): 6:26am On Apr 24, 2019
This time round, marriage is extremely overrated!
50% of marriages breakdown due to "irreconcilable differences.
Millions spent or not is irrelevant when two different people decided to share their freedom!
Marriages last long when both parties are absolutely inert to their environmental changes as their mutual love remains constant.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 24, 2019
quincyshakur:
E small nah My kid Bro spent 9.5M an u are here blabbing cos of ordinary 2m angry angry angry angry angry

U say what���.
Apostle must hear this
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 6:53am On Apr 24, 2019
ibkayee:

Pocohantas is this true??

Lol, MOST TIMES grin
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by obyrich(m): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2019
ValCon888:
Bride price of 10k?
She's certainly not an igbo girl.

*make una no flog me cane o.*
Oga na the same 10k I paid in August 2018 for my wife's bride price. She is from Abatete in Anambra state. Please note she is working o.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Acidosis(m): 6:57am On Apr 24, 2019
You spent close to 2m on your wedding? You spent all the money alone, no support from family, even your wife's family? You fed everybody with food and drinks? You even paid your parent's t-fare and hotel expenses?

You should pray harder bro. Your problems have just begun.

Marriage in Africa is sham. You weren't supposed to do a white wedding under this circumstance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by JewelBukky(f): 7:02am On Apr 24, 2019
Woooooow!!!! What an interesting thread!!! Read from page 0-11. @op and others... Thanks for sharing your experiences... I'm enlightened! But come o.... Some comments coming from guyz weak me ooo angry... Some of you guyz screaming and hailing the op coz of 2m... In this era!!! You guyz need to realize that a lot has changed! Things are damn too expensive mhen undecided
To me spending 2m on an average wedding is not some sort of a lavish spending in this era again ooo... Haaba now!

Meanwhile, check my siggy cheesy smiley wink
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Angel223: 7:06am On Apr 24, 2019
grin
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by motta(m): 7:26am On Apr 24, 2019
obamartins:

She is Esan, in Edo state. Ekpoma to be specific. Even my parent shock seff. I gave them 20k they returned 10k. They said I should use it to take care of their daughter.
still cost ours his #25 edo state benin precisely
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by mrkings84(m): 7:27am On Apr 24, 2019
obamartins:

She is Esan, in Edo state. Ekpoma to be specific. Even my parent shock seff. I gave them 20k they returned 10k. They said I should use it to take care of their daughter.

They certainly know that they are not selling their daughter. So bro always be ready to respond to ur in-laws call when dey do cos they just rent utheir girl
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Acidosis(m): 7:29am On Apr 24, 2019
JewelBukky:
Woooooow!!!! What an interesting thread!!! Read from page 0-11. @op and others... Thanks for sharing your experiences... I'm enlightened! But come o.... Some comments coming from guyz weak me ooo angry... Some of you guyz screaming and hailing the op coz of 2m... In this era!!! You guyz need to realize that a lot has changed! Things are damn too expensive mhen undecided
To me spending 2m on an average wedding is not some sort of a lavish spending in this era again ooo... Haaba now!

Meanwhile, check my siggy cheesy smiley wink

lavish wedding is when you spend your life savings and borrowed money on wedding. It doesn't matter the amount.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by sweetrace(f): 7:42am On Apr 24, 2019
tellwisdom:
Op, who are you guiding?? Does blind people see??

The only recognized marriage is the "traditional".Anything aside that is just a waste of time and resourses . See the huge money wey u troway on top white wedding. Tomorrow now, u go begin work night shift and overtime because you wan recover the money wey u waste. sad

The most recognized is the registry wedding.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by ednut1(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2019
Acidosis:

lavish wedding is when you spend your life savings and borrowed money on wedding. It doesn't matter the amount.

bros i have stopped borrowing my marrie friends money. They rarely pay back because bills too much. Some parents self no dey try i was looking for 2m to do one sharp business my parents no gree gimme lol. Bt they are ready to spons wedding. Imagine

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by FATBAYO(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2019
This guy makeups 70k bride price 10k.are u okay
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by olaolaking: 7:56am On Apr 24, 2019
ValCon888:
Bride price of 10k?
She's certainly not an igbo girl.

*make una no flog me cane o.*
I paid 60 naira in 2015 as a bride price
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by olaolaking: 7:58am On Apr 24, 2019
obyrich:
Oga na the same 10k I paid in August 2018 for my wife's bride price. She is from Abatete in Anambra state. Please note she is working o.
I paid 60 naira. In 2015

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by chibzykeys(m): 7:59am On Apr 24, 2019
obamartins:
I just stumbled on my marriage note where I wrote down all my expenses while I prepared for my marriage and decided to share. This topic is to guide those planning for their wedding on how much on the average they should budget for their marriage. Although the amount you will spend depends on what you want and the tribe/family you are marrying into. I actually budgeted N1,200,000 (1.2 million) but ended up spending close to 2million.

I got married November 2018 to my beautiful esan girlfriend of 4 years. Here is the breakdown:

Pre-wedding
1. Lab test for HIV, Genotype and pregnancy (as instructed by the church) - N5000
2. Transportation to take her to see my parents - N10,000
3. Ring 18 karat gold (engagement, and wedding rings) - N75,000 (from aboki)
4. Wedding certificate - N4000
5. Wedding seminar organized by my church - N4000

Federal Registry:
1. Affidavit for spinsterhood and bachelorhood-N2000
2. Main fee - N34,000

Traditional marriage
1. Drinks - N140,000
2. Yams - N40,000
3. Salt - N4,000
4. Bride price - N10,000
5. Make up - N20,000
6. Food - N200,000
7. Transportation - N20,000
8. Photograph - N6000
9. Canopy - N6000
10. Palmwine - N2000
11. Palm oil - N12,000
12. Native kola - N3000
13. Introduction - N12,000 (did introduction same day as traditional marriage)
I love esan marriage, they don't put hole in one's pocket

White Wedding
1. Drinks and food - N300,000
2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall)
3. Decoration - N50,000
4. DJ plus MC - N35,000
5. Guest house accommodation for my parents - N15,000
6. Souvenir 100 unit (Jotter, bag and notebooks) - N93,000
7. Photographer - N20,000 (soft copies)
8. Video coverage - (Hmmmm! Money no reach)
9. My wife's wedding gown - N35,000 (rent)
10. Me and my bestman's shirt and suit - N36,000
11. My wife's makeup and accessories - N50,000
12. Hotel room for after wedding panpangolo - N18,000 for 2 nites
13. My shoe - N2,000 (it's a long story)
14. Cake (4 steps) - N15,000 (my wife baked it if not e for pass that amount)
15. Transportation for my parents back home - N10,000

This are the little I could remember, I will update as soon as I get them. It was supposed to be a budget marriage but I spent close to N2,000,000 despite cutting off as much expenses as permitted. What was ur marriage budget? Did you stick to your budget or did some unforseen expenses prop up? Please share for the benefit of those planning theirs.

from the figures you posted,its 1.393mil or so spent except there is something I'm not seeing, I guess u should used almost 1.5mil instead of almost 2mil cos the difference is still high.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by 2kurupt(m): 8:01am On Apr 24, 2019
tejpot:

He is not being realistic. Majority of people shouting budget wedding here will still be boxed to one corner when it's time for such wedding.

Don't mind them, let them continue running their mouth. An Ijaw proverb says "It's until the crab enters boiling water that he knows there are two types of water". I bet these are the same folks that fight over food at occasions & bad mouth the hosts after a marriage ceremony.

agarawu23:
not everyone is dumbfvck. Only fraudster or politicians will spend that much on a wedding. No responsible thinking man will work his ass out and spend 4.2m on a wedding when the future is still there.

What are you so pained? Is it your money angry
Maybe you forget not everybody is as miserly as you

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by gentle007(m): 8:06am On Apr 24, 2019
djlimbo:
U spent 35k for both DJ & MC. What a world. Na una wet dey spoil dz profession. I wonder how their performances even be self. Anyways, HML to u.

Only one DJ Limbo ��
I guess you are a DJ, as a result you want to collect high fees. If you were not a DJ will you want to pay high fees?
Anyways, my DJ charged me 12k and my MC fee was 13k. My MC was an OAP not just any kind of MC.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by elougo(m): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2019
Just got married on Easter Monday. Will do a breakdown later.

Everything, both Introduction, Pre wedding activities, Court, Trad and white was way beyond 2m but not up to 3m. However, I ensured I never ever borrowed.

My advice, No matter what you do, never ever borrow. Stick to your budget and keep emergency funds.

My budget changed because my church refused we do both Trad and white same day, otherwise 1.5m should had been enough.

Las las to God be the Glory.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2019
2kurupt:

What are you so pained? Is it your money angry
Maybe you forget not everybody is as miserly as you

Miser? U must be joking. So anybody who can't spend foolishly like you guys is now a miser

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by stevio(m): 8:19am On Apr 24, 2019
Mine was a 20-man gathering, it was done on a Friday morning &
it was "strictly on invitation" grin you can do it.
TRCdesigns:
How I wish I am allowed to do a 30 audience wedding, where we will have 15 people from wife side and 15 people from my side. I see gathering crowd as a form of wasting available resources thou it is not all about the food but I hate publicity.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by tightpussy156: 8:29am On Apr 24, 2019
spend wisely.what is the essences of spending 2 Millon on a wedding after the wedding u become a beggar.some people spend on wedding just to impress others.At the end of everything the stupid wife go Bleep another man.you now start running enter sketches. I have a friend who spend 2.5 Millon on his wedding last year as am talking to you now he don turn beggar.in advice him before he never listen to me.he borrowed 100k from me last three month an now he never still pay back.he still borrowing money from others. I have seen someone who spend 10 Millon for his wedding an he leaves in a rented apartment an drive scrap golf 3 is that not foolishness.those that will quote me wring should hug transformer.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Children Dancing & Rocking At A Party (Photos, Video) / When The Money Is Too Much For Money Spraying Gun Machine (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.