Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? (709 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by TruthHurts100: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
The woman I love just broke up with me for fear of me being a good father but tendencies of me being a bad husband.

It got me confused.

Is it possible to be a good father and a bad husband at the same time?

I came here to get answers.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by boredom: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
TruthHurts100:
The woman I love just broke up with me for fear of me being a good father but tendencies of me being a bad husband.

It got me confused.

Thanks in advance.

Yup! I am married to one.....it took him 15yrs of marriage to learn to be a good husband.....if i know what i know now i would have walked out of the marriage when we i saw the signs......i still resent him for the years wasted as a shitty husband

2 Likes

Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by SageMK: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
And you believe this is why she broke up with you?
Pls go back to kindergarten. You still have a lot to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by LeopardX: 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Husbandhood involves three things to a woman, I think: Financial, Sexual and Social responsibility.

A good father is financially responsible
A good husband must be socially and Sexually active.
Many men, after they are married, relax in the latter areas. Hence the marriage become stale and very dry.
No more going to church together, no more sleeping on the same bed (it happens a lot). Consequently no more regular sex. And your wife is just 35 years ooo.

Men, we are to be involved Socially and Sexually, not just financially.
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by eyinjuege: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
Of course.
The needs of a child are very different from that of a woman.
Same way you see a woman who would give her life for her children and acts in their utmost interest but wouldn't give so much concern to the affairs of her husband especially if she feels he's a burden to her and just another grown child she has to raise despite not birthing him.
To be a good spouse is not an easy job , and works out for couples if both are on the same page, and one doesn't feel cheated by the other...
We have to realise our behaviour to our spouses leave indelible marks on them. Many never forgive even if they continue to stay in the marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by aanuoluwami14(f): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
Yes, some men are after the kids only, neglecting the real romantic and caring for their wives. Sit your wife down to know way forward.
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
OF COURSE... your duties as a father are completely different than your duties as a husband.
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by ogawisdom(m): 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
Women are more guilty of this, good mother n bad wife.

Children actually takes center stage in most marriages
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by blessedqueen(f): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
boredom:

Yup! I am married to one.....it took him 15yrs of marriage to learn to be a good husband.....if i know what i know now i would have walked out of the marriage when we i saw the signs......i still resent him for the years wasted as a shitty husband

Everything has its purpose Pls forgive and enjoy the present plus future ma
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:12am On Apr 24, 2019
TruthHurts100:

It got me confused.

Thanks in advance.

yes those are two different roles from one person

he is a father to the kids and husband to the wife

duties and care are different to
each people i.e wife and kids

yes one can be a good father but terrible husband
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by Trickstreat: 2:58am On Apr 24, 2019
Yes and its so common this days, the need of a wife and child are very different but only a few men can meet both individual needs.
Re: Can A Good Father Be A Bad Husband? by DonroxyII: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2019
Good father take care of their children, they rise to the need of the kids before the needs even arises .

Bad husband doesnt cater for the wife, the wife doesn't matter , her opinion do not matter, her wellbeing also .....!!!

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife, Commits Suicide After Getting Divorce Papers / Why Bring Others Down When You Have No Intention Of Helping Them / Wife Beats Up Nursing Mother Who Is Her Husband's Mistress After Catching Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.