Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila (13422 Views)

APC NEC Concluded As Osinbajo Leads Birthday Song For Gbajabiamila & Sanwo-Olu / Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu At Homecoming Reception For Gbajabiamila (Photos) / Okorocha Organises Special Reception For Gbajabiamila In South East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Tospringe: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
As the battle for the Speaker House of Representatives in the 9th assembly gathers momentum, the ambition of Umar Mohammed Bago representing Chanchaga federal constituency in Niger state to become the speaker of the house of representatives in the 9th national assembly have suffered a major set back following the endorsement of Femi Gbajabiamila by the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Hon. Umar Bago a third term and ranking federal lawmaker representing Chanchanga federal constituency of Niger state had initially endorsed by nine of his colleagues from the state for the speaker position but the state chapter of the party after it emergency meeting at the weekend unanimously threw its weight behind what they called “the party’s choice”.

State chairman of the party Alhaji Jibrim Imam who presided the meeting, dropped the “bombshell” in Minna on Monday evening while addressing enlarged stakeholders meeting at the party secretariat.

The Chairman told the party faithful that the party in the state was backing incumbent house leader Femi Gbajabiamila for the speakership of the house of representatives in the 9th national assembly.

Although the embattled member was not present at the meeting, his six of his colleague who had earlier endorsed him (Bago) were in attendance at the meeting while two other members sent their apologies and promised to abide by any decision arrived at by the party.

Alhaji Jibrin Imam also told the members that APC in Niger state is backing another “party’s choice” Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan for the position of the Senate president.

The APC chairman pointed out that the decision of the party was informed by the outcome of a meeting held last Thursday in Abuja where all   Governors and party Chairmen from the North Central geo political zone of the country were in attendance.

He said the decision was also to pledge the loyalty of the party to its national leadership and ” to allow the 9th national assembly to take off smoothly”.

Jibrin Imam further stated that the endorsement was to avert the reoccurrence of the experience in the 8th Assembly which he described as “unpalatable”, adding that the experience has slowed down “our progress in for four years.”

“We are loyal party members and have resolved to toe the position of the party by endorsing Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan as the Senate President of the 9th Assembly and Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila as the Speaker of the 9th Assembly

“Our experience in the 8th Assembly is not palatable and it has slowed down our progress in the last 4 years and we don’t want a repeat of that”. He added.

The state party Chairman then appealed to those who are “aggrieved by the decision of the party” to let bygone be bygone and support the course so as to enable the 9th House of Representatives to have a smooth ride in the next 4 years.

A member-elect of the House of Representatives in the state Alhaji Abdullahi Mahmud, Representing Agaie/ Lapai Federal Constituency who spoke on behalf of his colleagues said: “all members-elect form the state as well as from the North Central region have resolved to support the two candidates endorsed by the party”.

The state Governor Alhaji Abubakar Sani-Bello, was present at the meeting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/04/23/nassembly-speakership-niger-apc-dumps-aspirant/%3famp

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Tospringe: 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2019
StopBanningMyEx:
Pig...s won't like this.
Envious pathetic bunch!
I never knew Bago's men could suddenly dump him. I think it's over for him

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by JamesUSA(m): 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
wink
Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
grin grin grin.... Confuse set of ppl, the biggest scam in Nigeria today is national assembly
Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by LowerPrice5(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Interesting
Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by seunmsg(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Gbajabiamila is the next speaker of the house of reps. He’s the most qualified and the natural choice of all reasonable Nigerians. Only myopic opposition party cretins and some others blinded by bigotry are against his candidature. Good enough, those with him are far more than those against him. He will emerge as the next speaker.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by StarUp: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
...who cares?

The simple reason why I hate sharing my soap with people is because you will always find a strand of hair on the soap after they finish and you won't know whether its from their head or armpit or "downstairs"... If you know you know grin

11 Likes

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
StopBanningMyEx:
Pig...s won't like this.

Envious pathetic bunch!
so you are pigs are now enemies? Didn't know human relate with pigs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Agbaletu: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
I just wish Dogara can continue...this APC needs to be taught another lesson.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by morikee: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
Bye bye Saraki and Dogara the two betrayers

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
grin grin grin.... Confuse set of ppl, the biggest scam in Nigeria today is national assembly
Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by yarimo(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Flyingngel(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nigeria can never get better. Last time i check when Oshiomole was Governor the party didn't appoint Chairman of APC Governors forum neither was the party.
How can grown up men sat down and wait for an outsider to appoint somebody that will head them in the name of party supremacy.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Ayhomes(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Tospringe: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
Agbaletu:
I just wish Dogara can continue...this APC needs to be taught another lesson.
He would continue as an ordinary floor member with no committee chairmanship. Lol...

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by iammo(m): 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
grin

I thought Idiotic Piglets were making noise around social media how the north would deal with tinubu and southwest.

Now look what we have here today, even el rufai"s little son reminding them the little b1ches they are after asari dokubo just uselessed their leader.

Envy cant take you people anywhere, even if.you zone your right to contest to north come 2023 you lots are still garbage to.them.

Look at how their Online keyboard warlords are quitely viewing this thread in shame. As their hate couldnt stop yoruba even after all chestbeating

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by omenkaLives(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
Atikulated Eastern Abobakus right now...

cheesy

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by AkataYeriYeri: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
StopBanningMyEx:
Pig...s won't like this.

Envious pathetic bunch!
They’re coming to call you afonja grin grin

3 Likes

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Guyman02: 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
StopBanningMyEx:
Pig...s won't like this.

Envious pathetic bunch!
Sure, Yellow bar Muzlime pigs won't like it cheesy

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by seunprodigy13: 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
[[s]quote author=sweetjohn post=77800139]And your people are synonymous to pigs. The most dirtiest creatures (afonja) on planet earth [/quote][/s]mumu illiterate like u sef dey talk!u dey murder English anyhow....wetin be "most dirtiest"

7 Likes

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Front0lane: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
It is amazing how foolish fools do not know they are exceedingly foolish when they comment on NL.

Flyingngel:
Nigeria can never get better. Last time i check when Oshiomole was Governor the party didn't appoint Chairman of APC Governors forum neither was the party.
How can grown up men sat down and wait for an outsider to appoint somebody that will head them in the name of party supremacy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by seunprodigy13: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
sweetjohn:
And your people are synonymous to pigs. The most dirtiest creatures (afonja) on planet earth
mumu wetin be "most dirtiest "

15 Likes

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2019

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Engrduke: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2019
Umar Bahago was never a contender for the Speakership post before but a mere pretender.
All the same, it's a win-win situation for APC.

2 Likes

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2019

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by johnemeka(m): 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ok
Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Chimaokigwe: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
Flyingngel:

You come online and be claiming macho man, asking how grown men can reach a concensus as to their leader. Meanwhile, you wake up by 5am to wash your wife's underwear, sweep the compound and wash plates. grin

Wasn't it you who was crying here?
Flyingngel:
I came back frm work and she ask me to help her with our baby which i did; but when she came she now told me that i am going to cook the soup, which i told her it has been long i did that rather she can tell what what do - like preparing the ingredients then she will cook.

Pls note i wake up everyday by 5am wash d plate, sweep the house and d outside even wash her cloth anything she can't.

Tell us what happened to you the day you refused cooking and doing house chores. Macho man, didn't your wife punish you that night? grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
Tot ipob said the north used and dumped tinubu

12 Likes

Re: N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila by Chimaokigwe: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
Front0lane:
It is amazing how foolish fools do not know they are exceedingly foolish when they comment on NL.

That boy you quoted lacks basic commonsense. He's an houseboy who can't reason properly.

Someone that his wife punishes for not cooking and doing house chores is noe talking nonsense here.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno Government Contracts 30 Saudi-based Clerics To Pray For Peace In The State / 2023: Atiku, Tinubu Are Not Good Candidates For Presidency — Deji Adeyanju / See Crazy Exercises And Routines Given To New Recruits In The Army (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.