Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka (18667 Views)

”religion Is The Number One Problem For Nigerians” – Wole Soyinka / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians – Wole Soyinka / Buhar's Government Has Failed Nigerians - Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Lovelyn451(f): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2019
When you're successful but not fulfilled
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by TemmyT002(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2019
True!
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by wazirion(m): 7:42am On Apr 24, 2019
Na today you know Wole!!
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by dukie25: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2019
Buhari's generation is cursed.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by domino4211(m): 7:45am On Apr 24, 2019
lonelydora:
Your generation failed Nigeria greatly, but the greater blame goes to the younger generations that keep voting them in.

The problem with Nigeria is those that have power do not have ideas, and those that have ideas do not have power.
And how sure are you ''the younger generation keep voting them in'' ?..
With the power the possess,both military and 'riggitary',how can the younger generation stop them?
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by wazirion(m): 7:45am On Apr 24, 2019
Lol
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by emajoe: 7:46am On Apr 24, 2019
Now na morning.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by BanevsJoker(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2019
starstaz:

I remembered wella da wella. Vision 2020 popularised by mr Abacha .Thinking D day will Neva come. Almost 25 to 30 yrs ago.

Yet No single Functional Refinery emerge from govt to Govt. What set of people do we have parading themselves as rulers.

This 2015/2019 regime too will round up too. No improvement in Electricity( But he can shout to roof tops that OBJ consume 16 BI dollars: where is d fower). No single idea on electricity diversification. Nothing. No single installed refineries within the last 4 Years at the helms.

What set of ruler is this?
They are bragging with Dangote's refinery. Expect Buhari to come and commission the bus stop leading to the refinery by August.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by domino4211(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2019
lonelydora:
Your generation failed Nigeria greatly, but the greater blame goes to the younger generations that keep voting them in.

The problem with Nigeria is those that have power do not have ideas, and those that have ideas do not have power.
With the power they possess,both military and 'riggitary',how can the younger generation stop them?

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Kenturkey048(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2019
moscobabs:

Ode, what are you saying?

Buhari and these guys have made Nigeria great in one way or the other since when they were young

You still remain here at this stage hating the old man who's still serving the nation.

You are a disgrace to your generation.
bros what do you mean by greatness??

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by kwajahafiz(m): 7:51am On Apr 24, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Talk talk talk, after talk Wole Soyinka will drink a few bottles of liquor then goes back to sleep

That all he has to offer!!!

Shey na talk we go eat

Has any of his talk bring out any effective change in Nigeria

I think not!

You are the failure he was referring to.
Generation of dullards like you who knows no better. I hold them accountable, yes.

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Warripikin08(m): 7:51am On Apr 24, 2019
Thankfully he has said that. I wanted to write an article about the generation before my generation. Seeing what the past generation did to nigeria makes me believe that the black man is still evolving.
I remember one time this man was quick to blame and insult this our present generation not minding the fact that the cultism that has been claiming the youths lives and used by politicians to achieve their selfish ambition started from him and his colleague. Though I know they did that for good reason but see where it has take us to.

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by DoubleO07: 7:55am On Apr 24, 2019
I honestly think another word greater than failed should be used to discribed what your generation did to Nigeria and to the Generation of unborn Nigerians.

Every sector of the country is totally destroyed.

We dont have enough to take care of the growing population and you people have borrowed us into debit that it will take generations to pay back, and thats if you people dont sell the county to China at this rate. With all the resources we have as a nation, we have nothing to show for it.

We have nigerias all across the nations of the world just trying to make a living, some even forced into terrible things all because of the type of example your generation as shown to us and the incompetence of your generation to serve and lead the nation in the right way.

Sir your generation has left us without a legacy to follow and we have learnt NOTHING from you and your generation.

Personally I cant point to any leader in Nigeria as a reference to my kids to go and read about.

I only Pray for My own Genration to do better by coming together irrespective of tribe/religion and all speak with 1 voice and stop your generation before they kill what ever dignity we have left as a nation.

Guys lets be the change we desire, I still have hope in my generation if we can also change our ways and renew our minds to make nigeria work.
Hopefully in 2023 we can unite and get the likes of sowore and fela and the others to all unite for the sake of the country inorder to stop this waste of a generation

2 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:57am On Apr 24, 2019
Racoon:
Yeah! When supposed well read and exposed fellas like you openly and defiantly go for a dullard cum tyrannt that have no requisite educational qualifications but is proposing to build & name a Univ.after himself in order to massage his ego.
Did you read the passage?
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Mcreloaded(m): 7:59am On Apr 24, 2019
ekestic1976:
OP, this is WRONG. You've just quoted Soyinka out of context. I just read the said Interview; all you have done was leaving out a large portion of the Interview. Be a honest man now and publish the Interview verbatim! Consider this a Challenge - you may win a Medal for Honesty yet.

You that read the said interview what stops you from posting the true story to expose the OP.
It full your body.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 24, 2019
There is nothing good about the brave illiterates, the worst of them are the educated cowards.

What any country needs for socio-politucal awakening are brave educated.

Nigeria is a failed State cos the educated are cowards and the powerful illiterates are their masters.

Nigeria should not be mentioned where important topics are discussed.

Now we are mass producing drug dealers, fraudsters, jungle music, stupid dance steps, terrorists, international robbers and stupid leaders.

Nigeria will not make it. She will die alongside fossil fuel that birthed it

3 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by awoluyi(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2019
It's not the mistake of the youths that the old generation failed them; but it will be their mistake if they fail the next generation.
Since the future belongs to them, this is the right time to start thinking about what they want Nigeria to be in the next 20 years. The blame game will amount to nothing! Gradually, I repeat gradually, the so-called old generation is disappearing and a new generation appearing. The youths have a strong choice and decision to make about their future. It's a pity i belong to the old generation!

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by MYGRATEskillz(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2019
Singing the same song... What are you doing to revamp the situation.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by zoedew: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2019
What could you have done! The failure is collectively ours across generations! We celebrate corruption. We failed to release and implement The Pius Okigbo, Oputa, Eso and Uwais reports. Are we serious at all? Prof, excuse me! We fail to query Nigeria as an entity by restructuring same. We failed to give education the pride of place in our budgets. We tolerate an inept National Assembly whose is the responsibility to amend the Constitution in a manner that would indeed ensure there is a Country.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by ikevictor: 8:08am On Apr 24, 2019
Nigerian youths get so triggered by the truth...the truth is that the youths failed Nigeria.

That’s the only truth and nothing more. All we do is crowd the internet with wide mouths and fast fingers glorifying fraudsters and looking for cheap “likes”...see Sudan of yesterday, did they wait for their aged parents before taking action??

#tufiakwa
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by VULCAN(m): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2019
Overthrowing a young democracy is what you term making Nigeria great.

I wish you had been given the opportunity to travel to the West to see countries that have experienced democracy for generations and the quality of life they are enjoying. Its not enough to watch in movies.

But no, you have been stuck here collecting 30k a month to praise a man who has always thought of himself first and his country last.

moscobabs:

Ode, what are you saying?

Buhari and these guys have made Nigeria great in one way or the other since when they were young

You still remain here at this stage hating the old man who's still serving the nation.

You are a disgrace to your generation.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Successmind(m): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2019
Thank God you know..
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 24, 2019
Thank goodness you know.
Also admit that you negroes are not capable of ruling yourselves.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 24, 2019
Thank goodness you know.
Also admit that you negroes are not capable of ruling yourselves.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by adenigga(m): 8:32am On Apr 24, 2019
johnemeka:
Good but what is the solution?
Let execute them all. What's d use again?
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by lonelydora: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2019
domino4211:
With the power they possess,both military and 'riggitary',how can the younger generation stop them?

Revolution is the only way out
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Darevofpeace(m): 8:45am On Apr 24, 2019
jidamsel43:
Yes. That is blatant true. Any man above 70 should not be allowed to govern Nigerians at any level again
70yrs is too much.50yrs.should be the highest.
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Originalsly: 8:59am On Apr 24, 2019
lonelydora:

Soooo on point. The majority of the population is young.... but yet the suffering hopeless youths continue to vote for their grandfather/great grandfather mates who have been failing them over and over again.
Soyinka is right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by itu404(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2019
Racoon:
Yeah! When supposed well read and exposed fellas like you openly and defiantly go for a dullard cum tyrannt that have no requisite educational qualifications but is proposing to build & name a Univ.after himself in order to massage his ego.
please hold your tongue in church except you have been a hermit that just got out to the open you would have known that He never supported either from day one.When some of my compatriots from some certain part of the country talk they just do so to provoke, cause strife and division. the bitterness is all too familiar what the hell is going on? yet you guys live more in the so called federal system you are all i every nook and cranny of the country. please play it down!!
No president has ever been rubbish, verbally abuse like the present one please he , too has blood flowing in his vein. when the chips are down you do not have a faultless one to produce as president. biko, take it easy
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by domino4211(m): 9:15am On Apr 24, 2019
lonelydora:

Revolution is the only way out
. Easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by johnie: 9:19am On Apr 24, 2019

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Chrysz(m): 9:24am On Apr 24, 2019
All you do is to talk, talk and talk... stop talking and fix it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) / Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics / COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.