Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord (25049 Views)

Is Olamide’s UY SCUTI Worth the Hype ? Album Review By Iamsynord / 30 Biggest Nigerian Songs Of 2020 By Iamsynord / Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Synord(m): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
comshots:
Truth be said,yahoo boys dey make naira circulate for events. Any yahoo boy wey come lodge for a hotel, that hotel go sell all the wine and spirit wey don dey for shelf since 2 years ago.Food go sell too.But them dey dirty rooms with egbo and and other dirty things too much.Dem also stingy.Dem go buy drinks for person but them no dey ever drop cash.
MC oluomo is a yahoo man.Na him dey fund yorubahood movies.

I thought mc oluomo made his money from political thuggery and drugs..him don add Yahoo join ?
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by rayvelez(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
odigbosky:
Yahoo yahoo. Yahoo this, yahoo that. I know boiz who this money has helped and changed their family stories. Not all yahoo boiz throw away money doing useless things. Some are big time investors. Yahoo dn put food for table. I had a dude who finished from the university and bro struggled to finish sef. After service better suffer hammer am, na him babe add money give am make him take go GH go hustle. Baba first month for GH he picked 10k doz.
Baba dn buy land dy build house, him babe dn open make up studio and she dy sell weapons. Truth be say boiz dn do things with yahoo money. The country hard make we talk truth. To survive here is hard. You go do home lesson tire and come still do teaching job, you no go fit accumulate 20k at the end of the month. How do you expect boys to survive in this country. No job at all. Everyday people are begging for menial jobs to even eat. The street has put food on the table of many. It is paying for the skool fees of many others. It has also prevented many girls from going into prostitution.
If not for the street, dem for dy thief complete human being for broad day lite.

But na the price wen boiz gat pay so that our sisters no go do ashawo work. So that our younger brother no go dy tink of to go thief or do agbero work. Na the price after we tink of how mama and papa take suffer train us go skool, so we go come use 10 years take find job. Na wen dem an take enjoy us. No be say we dy proud for d hustle, we dy low key but we no fit deny the hustle as na wetin dy sustain us be that.

I know many old folks here aren't happy about it, truth is that, for una time life for this country still better and whatever we are doing now is a consequence of a failed generation of leadership who couldn't plan for us. In those days na only 45 years old men dy drive motor, boys dn break that jinx.

To every hustler out there trying to put food on the table for his family, Osanobuwa bless your hustle. May Osaghioduwa continue to uplift you. Keep hustling.

One love
Respect man.
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by CyberWolf: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
odigbosky:
Yahoo yahoo. Yahoo this, yahoo that. I know boiz who this money has helped and changed their family stories. Not all yahoo boiz throw away money doing useless things. Some are big time investors. Yahoo dn put food for table. I had a dude who finished from the university and bro struggled to finish sef. After service better suffer hammer am, na him babe add money give am make him take go GH go hustle. Baba first month for GH he picked 10k doz.
Baba dn buy land dy build house, him babe dn open make up studio and she dy sell weapons. Truth be say boiz dn do things with yahoo money. The country hard make we talk truth. To survive here is hard. You go do home lesson tire and come still do teaching job, you no go fit accumulate 20k at the end of the month. How do you expect boys to survive in this country. No job at all. Everyday people are begging for menial jobs to even eat. The street has put food on the table of many. It is paying for the skool fees of many others. It has also prevented many girls from going into prostitution.
If not for the street, dem for dy thief complete human being for broad day lite.

But na the price wen boiz gat pay so that our sisters no go do ashawo work. So that our younger brother no go dy tink of to go thief or do agbero work. Na the price after we tink of how mama and papa take suffer train us go skool, so we go come use 10 years take find job. Na wen dem an take enjoy us. No be say we dy proud for d hustle, we dy low key but we no fit deny the hustle as na wetin dy sustain us be that.

I know many old folks here aren't happy about it, truth is that, for una time life for this country still better and whatever we are doing now is a consequence of a failed generation of leadership who couldn't plan for us. In those days na only 45 years old men dy drive motor, boys dn break that jinx.

To every hustler out there trying to put food on the table for his family, Osanobuwa bless your hustle. May Osaghioduwa continue to uplift you. Keep hustling.

One love
Bitter truth man
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by okeynelson: 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2019
Omo...e still better pass all those criminal politician's ooo...wey go carry all of our money travel out....atleast d yahoo boys dey help niggas for the industry....d only thing wey I no like na d ritual part of yahoo yahoo...
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Musabig001(m): 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2019
As in....YAHOO?
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by tunize(m): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
Thales01:

There is no tenable grounds on which Yahoo yahoo can be justified.In our country beset by poverty and paucity of white collar jobs,there are people who refuse to delve into fraud or subscribe to the get rich quick syndrome that is prevalent among our youths yet hustle legitimately and tirelessly to make ends meet.What differentiate this set of industrious people from people who resort to fraud is their diligence,meritorious patience and their morality.Yahoo boys are indolent and impatient set of people who are inordinately desirous of acquiring wealth quickly with minimal physical effort.
To further disprove your argument and buttress my point,There is this friend of mine I knew in my secondary school days.He recently dabbled into Yahoo yahoo after dropping out of school in his 3rd year to commit to his scamming business wholeheartedly.This dude I am talking about is from a well to do family which means getting a profitable job wouldn't be difficult for him after he had finished their tertiary education and undergone his NYSC service.Would you attribute his decision to delve into fraud to poverty or unemployment?
nor mind some people opinion them jst believe sey na everybody poverty wear rapper. some persons are from well to do family, some person might even quit a payable job for it self na so e jst be no justification for bad tin. but las las nobody holy pass. nigeria na NO SAINT NO DEVIL.
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by boiz2men(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
odigbosky:

One love

I cant believe this. You are unbelievable

What if I play a fast one on your guys and your family?

The lands, cars and investments are lost in this scam.. Remember I will be doing it to put food on the table for my family and Osanobuwa will bless my hustle enough to scam you of your earnings and life savings

Thats fine, right?

You ok with that, right?

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by PLAYBOX22: 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
Holy Holy, don kill Nigeria.

Even US is likely sponsored by drug dealers on the low.
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by PLAYBOX22: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
US go sing about pussy everybody to dance even 9ja people. But make 9ja artist sing something similar... You know what's next.
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
frankdre:
you sound like one of them
Potentially no.
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
Five Star Music
Eric Manny
YBNL
DMW
G Worldwide
Mo Hits (Defunct)
Dem Mama Records
Etc

All were founded by or heavily supported by fraudulent money.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2019
seunprodigy13:
EFCC arrest aboki wire and investor BJ and release them same day...na that day I knw say naija don cast.... D legit guys are d ones who bear d brunt of d fraud dis guys engage in....kudos to all legit dudes out there

When was this? Na recent level?
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by odigbosky(m): 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2019
boiz2men:

I cant believe this. You are unbelievable

What if I play a fast one on your guys and your family?

The lands, cars and investments are lost in this scam.. Remember I will be doing it to put food on the table for my family and Osanobuwa will bless my hustle enough to scam you of your earnings and life savings

Thats fine, right?

You ok with that, right?

Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
tunjilana:

Even before contemporary...Music and dirty money had ties since way back. Very few hardworking men spend money anyhow. And to be praise-worthy by musicians you have to spend anyhow...In the past, it used to be drug money, politicians and business men with govt links...These days yahoo has been added to the list. olden days musicians freely praised drug dealers and known 419ners...It is nothing new

Your head dey there. Go and listen to Oliver the Coque's classics such as People's Club and Ana enwe obodo enwe. It was a roll call of the heaviest 419 men and cocaine merchants of yore, who were the champions of the social scene that year. Also listen to various songs by Ebenezer Obey and Wasiu (KWAM 1) after him - they hailed numerous Yoruba wealthy men and women who made fortunes from the drug trafficking business that year.

KWAM 1 is particularly notorious for dedicating entire albums to shady fraudsters like Goddy Anabor, Danku (Ijile pam pam), Teddy Shine, Shina Olowokere, Bola Atobatele, etc. This was in the 1990s and early 2000s, so no be today this matter start.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by ericmor: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
Who no know this one before na learner. This guy sabi jare
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Kingkun69(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2019
stillseth:
We can't just shy away from the truth....The u.s music industry was built with drug money,..Nigeria music industry na Yahoo yahoo money push am reach where e reach globally now..... This guy said the truth... An artist need a very string backing to push music and promotion isnt a a joke...I still wonder how small doctor blow... Na yahoo money dey back and push that nigga reach where e reach now.

very true sha and also gang ties see Jay Z sold some serious crack to support his family and music nipsey before he died was a blood or crip(cant remember) Tupac biggie and the rest but the thing I like about Jay Z and nipsey is that they didn't try and sweep that part of their lives under the rug they were also very active in their communities supporting them so the kids don't have to do what they did
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Kingkun69(m): 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2019
Satan66:
I see nothing wrong in fraud
oga Satan how hell dey nau you get AC which one better pass naija or hell
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Kingkun69(m): 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
jaxxy:
Then it is wrong and fake. Music shud generate its own funds and it’s well capable of doing that.
with rampant piracy and the evolution of internet not that simple
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Kingkun69(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
Gidah:
I've been reading comments up and down the naira Marley guy sing utterly rubbish but trust me he's one of my favorite why becos that's Wht we youth are vying for in a saner cline those song lack anything lyrical content Abi sense but Bro we must listen and we later jaapa lo london
thats what we like now even if it is rubbish every generation has its musical taste times change

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Kingkun69(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
jojothaiv:
"Na in those days, talent fit blow you
Nowadays without money, nobody wan know you"

Welcome to the Nigeria Musical Industry..
this is worldwide ooo talent doesnt do much in the Music Industry even in the US or anywhere all u need is good loud beat designer clothes oloshos(not those cheap dirty ones) and dance move
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by jojothaiv(m): 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
Kingkun69:
this is worldwide ooo talent doesnt do much in the Music Industry even in the US or anywhere all u need is good loud beat designer clothes oloshos(not those cheap dirty ones) and dance move
Real Matters..
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by djteebomber: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
in 2baba voice... holy holy
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by bosco9: 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2019
globemoney:
The problem is in the system not yahoo boys. There are yahoo boys in every country of the world but it has become a major sector of Nigerian economy because of poverty and unemployment.

Bros abeg tell them....any small tin yahoo boys...like say that one na the major problem... Come Ghana make you see Ghanians wey even get format pass Nigeria boys
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by boiz2men(m): 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2019
odigbosky:

Oh please,

I need to hear your response. I see a lot of other guys are giving you likes,hails and praises
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Timi1990(m): 3:49am On Apr 25, 2019
Well music industry in the USA is controlled by the Drug dealers and Gang members; you have to belong to be ontop of your game . Ask Jayz, snoop dog, TI, 50cent, 21savage, Rick Ross etc
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by odigbosky(m): 5:25am On Apr 25, 2019
boiz2men:

Oh please,

I need to hear your response. I see a lot of other guys are giving you likes,hails and praises

You don't need to hear my response. You have already judged and condemned me in your heart. I don't have the strength of correcting that.
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by boiz2men(m): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2019
odigbosky:

You don't need to hear my response. You have already judged and condemned me in your heart. I don't have the strength of correcting that.

No. Your conscience judged you. The golden rule is "what you dont want, dont give it to others"
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by otunbalamba: 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
tohyorsih2:
Maga don pay shout hallelujah!!

I love that song. Jah bless Kelly Handsome and all the yahoo boys kiss

One love kiss
undecided undecided
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by otunbalamba: 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
tohyorsih2:

kiss
i don't want NL kiss angry
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
otunbalamba:
i don't want NL kiss angry

So where do you want it?
Re: The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord by otunbalamba: 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
tohyorsih2:

So where do you want it?
cheesy We..... u know what i mean cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of Dagrin's Songs Do You Like Most? / What Are Your Favorite Songs Of 2013 By Nigerian Artistes? / 30 Biggest Nigerian Songs Of 2020 By Iamsynord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.