Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? (47003 Views)

How Do Married Men Hustling In The Diaspora Cope With Sexual Urges / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by EriMma1: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2023
I've been observing this for some time now. Once a couple has lived together for ten years,
the closeness between them reduces. As in.. the man no longer sits with the wife to gist or even play. Meanwhile, you'll still see the woman trying to bond and wanting her man to always be around her.

I noticed this in one couple. In fact they are pastor and Mrs. The woman always follows the man every where and wants to sit where he's sitting but the man would clearly avoid her and go out of sight completely when the tailing becomes too much and only come back when the woman is no longer in sight. Why?

No man born of a woman will try such with me, I'll blank you like you're not there.

Women, you too should wise up and stop making yourselves too available. Make yourself a bit scarce and they'll value you.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Sunmolar(m): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2023
Most problems in marriage is money related.

A married man maybe rich and decides to flirt around. Thus, infidelity can bring problem if found out by the wife
A married man maybe be broke and be disrespected by the wife. Thus, when the man becomes rich he may feel that the wife is not needed since there was no respect without money

379 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
That's why couples need prayer

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by EriMma1: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sunmolar:
Most problems in marriage is money related.

This their case and most of the ones I've seen is not money. The men have clearly lost interest.
You'll see them sitting with other people outside gisting and laughing while their wives will be alone sitting all by herself. So sad.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by thuxzwda1: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
angry grin
Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Jman06(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Because women go out of shape once married due to excessive eating and laziness that hinder them from exercising and keeping fit.

Before you know it they become potbellied, oversized and unattractive. So it is natural for the man to lose interest in her.

303 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by EriMma1: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
That's why couples need prayer

Prayers?

Na two by two the man need.

25 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Sunmolar(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

This their case and most of the ones I've seen is not money. The men have clearly lost interest.
You'll see them sitting with other people outside gisting and laughing while their wives will be alone sitting all by herself. So sad.

Most couples wouldn't let people know what happens behind the scene, the reason is, others have their own issues in marriage.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by EriMma1: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
Jman06:
Because women go out of shape once married due to excessive eating and laziness that hinder them from exercising and keeping fit.

Before you know it they become potbellied, oversized and unattractive. So it is natural for the man to lose interest in her.

I want to believe this is the cause.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Sunmolar(m): 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

In life, when something is scarce, it increases in value. You have to learn to be wanted by woman than to be around her most times

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Jman06(m): 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

I want to believe this the cause because one day the woman approached me and said I should make the cream I'm using for her saying she wants her color to come out. I was shocked cos I felt she's dark and don't know which color she wants to come out again. Or is it because the man is always jokingly calling me girlfriend... I don't know but I suspected she was feeling less attractive or what? Hmmm....
Most women become unattractive once married. That's why married men cheat.

Imagine seeing one hippopotamus with oversized grandma panties everyday. The man is bound to lose interest in her. If not for children and what the society would say, most married men would chase their wives away after few years of marriage.

235 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by EriMma1: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sunmolar:

In life, when something is scarce, it increases in value. You have to learn to be wanted by woman than to be around her most times

You're sure this is the reason? I doubt.

I think after a while, men lose their appetite for their wives and desire something fresh and new especially ones that seem hard to get. It's just a thing with the men. This is the reason I'm not ready to be tied to one man who will get tired and want to explore other options . Chai!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by EriMma1: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
Jman06:
Most women become unattractive once married. That's why married men cheat.

Imagine seeing one hippopotamus with oversized grandma panties everyday. The man is bound to lose interest in her. If not for children and what the society would say, most married men would chase their wives away after few years of marriage.

So what do you suggest the married woman do to get their husbands attention and fully attracted to them?

Practical tips o.
Types of outfits suitable for indoor parole and other tips on their looks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Sunmolar(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

You're sure this is the reason? I doubt.

I think after a while, men lose their appetite for their wives and desire something fresh and new especially ones that seem hard to get. It's just a thing with the men. This is the reason I'm not ready to be tied to one man who will get tired and want to explore other options . Chai!

At what age does men loose appetite for their wives if true?
Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by EriMma1: 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sunmolar:

At what age does men loose appetite for their wives if true?

For some after 5 yrs but at the most, 10yrs they begin to act like she's a sibling.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Jman06(m): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

So what do you suggest the married woman do to get their husbands attention and fully attracted to them?

Practical tips o.
Types of outfits suitable for indoor parole and other tips on their looks.
They should keep fit and shed all the fats. Do everything to avoid having potbellies.

There are sexy outfits that can be worn to turn a man's head. They should avoid granny panties and wear sexy lingeries. Above all, they should understand their man's sexual fantasies and take advantage of that.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Offpointng: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:
I've been observing this for some time now. Once a couple has lived together for ten years,
the closeness between them reduces. As in.. the man no longer sits with the wife to gist or even play. Meanwhile, you'll still see the woman trying to bond and wanting her man to always be around her.

I noticed this in one couple. In fact they are pastor and Mrs. The woman always follows the man every where and wants to sit where he's sitting but the man would clearly avoid her and go out of sight completely when the tailing becomes too much and only come back when the woman is no longer in sight. Why?

No man born of a woman will try such with me, I'll blank you like you're not there.

Women, you too should wise up and stop making yourselves too available. Make yourself a bit scarce and they'll value you.

Don't you think Blanking him will even make him more happy?? Also women shouldn't make themselves too available for their husbands?? from ur write up so far esp ur last two paragraphs shows how naive you are and also tell us all you don't seem ready for marriage, not even in next 5years to come

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Sunmolar(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

For some after 5 yrs but at the most, 10yrs they begin to act like she's a sibling.

At 10yrs after marriage, experience would teach things about women that 2yrs in marriage or bachelorhood can't teach you.

Most times the attitude of the wife will blow off the roof. If you stay to argue with her.... people of the society will say 'you are man now '.... What most men do to avoid a nagging wife is to stay out.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by 1Sharon(f): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2023
Offpointng:

Don't you think Blanking him will even make him more happy?? Also women shouldn't make themselves too available for their husbands?? from ur write so far esp ur last two paragraphs shows how naive you are and also tell us all you don't seem ready for marriage, not even in next 5years to come

She's right. Men too shouldn't be too available to their wives.

Let them miss each other sometimes.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Mindlog: 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

Then in their later years when their children are grown and left the house, those people outside are long gone, same men would accuse the wives they ignored in their youth of now ignoring them in their old age as their wives have divested emotionally.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Socratiz: 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
Your assertion here is replete with conjectures. You saw one family where the husband is avoiding the wife and you assume it's the same with all families. Even if this is prevalent where you stay, it doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.

There are couples who don't avoid each bother after many years of marriage. In fact, the longer their marriage, the stronger the bond between them.

Couples whose marital bond weakens after a few years must have inherent issues which either they are not aware of, or they choose to ignore. They could also be battling with character flaws.

If you expect your marriage to be peaceful and joyfu, that is what you will experience. But if you leave the back door open, the you will find reason to backtrack and use the door.

The type of marriage you chose to build is the type of marriage you will have.

By the way, I have been married for over 32 years and neither myself not my wife has lost interest in each other.

161 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by b3llo(m): 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
Child birth is a game changer. Some men loose interest in their wives immediately after she has put to bed.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by tommy589(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2023
Not all men are clingy inclined. Except on events that demands our joint presence,I like to be a lone ranger

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by frozen70(f): 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

Any couple you find in this categories are actually living as flat mates and not husband and wife

Though men wants to taste what other women have out there and once they get it especially the ones that are ready to give him hot hot, the one at home becomes less relevant to him

While she is still faithful and looking forward to being with him and Stay close to him at home, he is busy avoiding her because he got a big fish outside

By the time she discovers that he is not giving her the attention she wants, she will face her directions towards the children who will never ignore her and find solace in them

By the time the man is getting old, he starts coming close to the wife, meanwhile she is already done with him but still living with him

That's when the man will become lonely while he is married to his wife

You can only harvest what you sow that's what this life will offer you

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Nazgul: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

Over familiarity and see finish....that's the cause.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by jaszplus12(m): 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

Look again carefully, wives become a bore by themselves by acting suspicious, being too clingy and driving wedges of silent treatment, complaining unnecessarily, and see finish...
Women largely love to be with the wealthy husband while disrespecting the one who's not wealthy
You self know.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
The woman doesn't give you peace when you come home tired and exhausted.She won't understand till you both shout and querrel

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Stevenbright(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

You don't know their story or history. So, don't judge them by the little observation you have made.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Jossyfine(f): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2023
All the comments above have not actually hit the nail in the right place. The major issue is that African marriages are not laced with romance and affection.
How do I mean?
* Most couple stop showing affection to each other once they start bearing kids and over see finish has crawled into their marriage.
* African couples rarely make out for themselves alone in terms of going on dates ( at least once in a while)
* Marriage is what you put in it ,that’s what you get, you should learn to do things together ie weekends both man and wife can create time to put the huz in order( not by force) but with love cuz it creates bond between couples.
*You can create low budget vacation for just you both without the kids.
*Once in a while try having sex outside the huz, look for an affordable hotel around ur area and maybe do just one night.
* Marriage shouldn’t be about the kids, cuz have noticed what most couple talk about the kids, bills and family issues.Spice it up a little and gist about ur selves, probably the sex you had the previous night😜
* Let there be stewardship ( you guys should always review ur attitude towards each other by asking if each is meeting up expectations etc)*

*Most African couple rarely send romantic messages unlike when they were dating when most times you wake up to see sweet soul piercing messages from ur lover. But in marriage all the messages are for purchases of huz hold items.

Marriage is sweet but not in Africa. Africa marriages are very boring😭

Am just wondering how I survived 10 freaking years 😳😳😳and it’s still counting 😔

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by Dogalmighty17: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
Marry first. That's if any man pities you enough to consider you a wife. From the tone of your write-up, you sound like a problematic woman. Men run away from your type.

You are a woman. Discuss with the average Nigerian woman and you will see how vacuous, totally incurious and possessing zero intellectual and conversational abilities they are. So you want a Nigerian man to bore himself to death with that?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by talented321: 12:09am On Jun 11, 2023
It is a normal thing for some people, like me i easily loose interest in women when they stay with me in my own apartment, i find them unattractive in just some months, and i have breakup with two girl just like that before i later apply tolerance, because without tolerance he no go easy to stay with one woman for over a long time.
But all salute to those men who have lived with one woman for more than 30year he no easy.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? by cococandy(f): 12:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Sometimes it’s the other way around too.
EriMma1:

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The 'Weird' Cake A Woman Gave Her Husband / You Can’t Have Your Husband Alone -three Women Tell Housewife / Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.