Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. (18494 Views)

Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 / Oshoala Scores A Brace As Barcelona Beat Montpellier 3-0. / Asisat Oshoala scores brace as Barcelona humiliate Madrid 4-0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by naptu2: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League.

Asisat Oshoala scored 2 goals as Barcelona defeated Sevilla 6-2 in the Liga Iberdrola this evening. This was her first game in the league after being out of action for more than a month with a hamstring injury.

Lieke Martens scored for Barcelona in the 11th minute, Oshoala scored in the 30th and 34th minutes to give Barcelona a 3-0 lead.

Karpova (36’) and Ana Franco (39’) scored for Sevilla to reduce the lead and bring scores to 3-2

But Stefanie scored in the 42nd minute and Aitana Bonmati (63’) and Andujar (82’) also scored to give Barca a 6-2 victory.

This is Oshoala's 7th goal in 6 matches and it will help Barcelona to keep the pressure on Atletico Madrid at the top of the table.

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by naptu2: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
Reactions

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by naptu2: 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2019
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by errhis(m): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
This man right here is a depressed white walker

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Imaxichuzxy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
My x girl friend

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Investmentfreak: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2019
S
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by omoteacher(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Good for her confidence. Kudos ! next match I wish you take the match ball home (hatricks).

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Priscoooo: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
Good for her

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Mavchamp(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
Asisat is in the form of her life, i just hope she replicates that form the upcoming WORLD CUP

U deserve an accolade!

7 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
Wow! She is on fire!!!!
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Badbunny: 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
Imaxichuzxy:
My x girl friend

Lol, you wish

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Robert129(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2019
This girl is really making us proud.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2019
Her last outing at the African women cup was poor. I hope she take this spirit to the world cup

Nice one girl

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by BizBayo: 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Kikikiki ... How can you say African players go to China because they provide for a larger family. That guy is wicked o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by BizBayo: 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
errhis:

Walahi I don laugh tire.. So savage

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Paulpeterparker: 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
female football is gradually getting more attentions.

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Jaynom(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2019
errhis:
BizBayo:
Kikikiki ... How can you say African players go to China because they provide for a larger family. That guy is wicked o
sod09:
I thought I was the only that saw it
But he is right! You think the "Bless your boy or anything for your boy?" Instagram beggers are ghosts? They are people's family and friends! Even Ighalo is in China because of the Money!

6 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Gabson001(m): 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
Nice one girlie
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by sod09(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
errhis:
I thought I was the only that saw it
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by emerged01(m): 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
Jaynom:

But he is right
Very right!

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by dam2000(m): 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
The love I have 4 this girl if she contest 4 Nigeria president I will vote 4 her

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by raphy(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
that man saying African players prefer China is a racist.you guys should arrest him.
more goals coming from her boot very soon.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Osgilliat(m): 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
errhis:

Just because he hit the nail on the head doesn’t mean he is depressed. He doesn’t sugarcoat our way of life and I see nothing wrong in it.
That’s Africa way and we should be proud of it.

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by BizBayo: 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
Jaynom:

But he is right! You think the "Bless your boy or anything for your boy?" Instagram beggers are ghosts? They are people's family and friends! Even Ighalo is in China because of the Money!

He spoke the plain truth. And that shows how bad the African economy is, in general. Sadly, I can't sight any hope for now.

4 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by oforjide: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
Robert129:
This girl is really making us proud.
not only her other girls are scoring as well.

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by BizBayo: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
raphy:
that man saying African players prefer China is a racist.you guys should arrest him.
more goals coming from her boot very soon.

He is not a racist. Was the statement a lie?

4 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Bonapart(m): 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
errhis:
he said the whole truth. Nothing wrong with what he said. Absolutely nothing

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by fernandez1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
He his.not despressed, that is actual fact about Africa.

errhis:
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by naptu2: 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
naptu2:
All the best African female footballers are moving to China.

Left to right) Linda Motlhalo (the beautiful South African number 10), Elizabeth Addo (Ghanaian dribbling wizard/number 10), Tabitha Chawinga (Malawian goal machine), Onome Ebi (Nigerian defensive rock), Thembi Kgatlana (South African goal machine) and Chinwendu Ihezuo (Super Falcons of Nigeria)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9197208_d4usrcaueaabcey_jpeg_jpeg5f64f5a8d56db32a3cc52d542a4287b2

naptu2:
Finally, the missing player is here! Francisca Ordega!

This picture reminds me of Stephen Keshi.

The biggest African players in Europe in the late 1980s were Stephen Keshi, Abedi Pele and Kalusha Bwalya. However, there was something that made Keshi stand out from the rest.

Unfortunately this aspect of Keshi's life is not really talked about today. Keshi was like the chief of African players in Europe in the late 1980s.

Many younger African players would gather at Keshi's house when they didn't have a match and they would eat African food and he would advise them. He helped a lot of African players to settle down in Europe. The greatest example of this is the case of Ghanaian teenage genius Odartey Lamptey.

Odartey Lamptey was a prodigy. He was a football genius at a very young age. He had family problems (his parents divorced and his step father threw him out of the house when he was 7 years old) and football was his saviour.

The Ghanian FA recognised that Lamptey had a gift and therefore they tried to prevent him from leaving the country (going to Europe was not as fashionable then as it is now). They seized his passport.

Stephen Keshi was one of two African players to captain a European team. Keshi captained Anderlecht (he had been playing there since 1987) and Abedi Pele captained Marseilles. He used his connections to help Odartey Lamptey.

Keshi arranged for a taxi driver to smuggle Odartey Lamptey to Nigeria (Lamptey had previously reached out to him for help). He then convinced Lamptey to play for Anderlecht. Then he got a Nigerian passport for Lamptey, so that he could travel to Belgium.

Anderlecht convinced the Belgian government and FA that Odartey Lamptey was a special talent and the age rules were changed to enable a 15 year old Odartey Lamptey to sign a contract with Anderlecht in 1990. And that's how Nii Odartey Lamptey became a star.

(Those were the years when we read Complete Football Magazine, National Sportslink and the back pages of Vanguard and Punch as if our lives depended on them grin)

From left to right) Chinwendu Ihezuo of Nigeria, Elizabeth Addo of Ghana, Linda Motlhalo of South Africa, Tabitha Chawinga of Malawi, Francisca Ordega of Nigeria, Thembi Kgatlana of South Africa and Onome Ebi of Nigeria.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9204459_d4xerlyueaadrdr_jpeg_jpeg24e6b4ff5d729f5c97089da93582cc1d

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
Very good. I'm liking this gurkd gajr spirit
Re: Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As She Returns To Action In The League. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
Very good. I'm liking this girl's game spirit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Klopp Wins Premier League Manager Of The Season / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Why Black Stars Will Defeat Super Eagles – Bortey / Sure Banker Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.