Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity (18031 Views)

Measurements And Cost Analysis For A 500 Broiler Pen House / 5000 Capacity Commercial Broiler Pen / URGENTLY IN NEED OF A BIG DEEP LITRES BROILER PEN ARROUND OLUYOLE IBADAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by chigomiced: 8:42am On Aug 08, 2019
paito:
I have been following ur thread very well but as architect by school am not happy with your pace. There is no room for expansion, I would have loved you to increase the no by a box I.e 50 chicks.because the labour will be the same sir

Kindly give OP the money for the 50 chicks

Instead of making silly observations

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Cassie74: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
Pls if anyone has number/numbers of off takers in Abuja.. Will be quite grateful.. I do 1000 birds too. It's tiring selling them in hundreds
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
I'm only trying to motivate others around and also contribute my own quota to the development of our society.
Any observation & criticism(meaningful) is welcome...

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Today, I had the privilege to consult for a farm that stocked 700 birds.
Hatchery: CHI

As at the time the picx was taken, the drinkers were just about to be arranged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by paito: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
yemmit90:

Good job sir, may God continue to bless you. Though i am opening this thread for the first time and i sighted this quoted post. Are you saying you spent 1.5 million to construct a mere 1000 capacity pen?

Please clarify this because i noticed a lot of people/novice here might be using this thread/information as a guild.
I have been looking for you sir how far about amo out grower scheme sir
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by paito: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
obaaderemi:
What are you saying? The pen is designed for 1000 birds and the OP just got 1000 birds. I think his last stock was fewer than 1000.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by yemmit90: 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
paito:

I have been looking for you sir how far about amo out grower scheme sir

I dont do business with them anymore. The last time i supplied them, they paid me after almost 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by aysnoopy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
I'll also be starting broiler production in 5 days time (150 birds) just for d start. I know nothing about it so I need people to help me and mentor me so that I'll make profits.
my pen is just mini (12ft by 20ft). how many matured broiler can that contain?

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Willie2015: 12:14am On Aug 12, 2019
yemmit90:

I dont do business with them anymore. The last time i supplied them, they paid me after almost 3 months.

This is serious ....
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by chigomiced: 6:26am On Aug 12, 2019
aysnoopy:
I'll also be starting broiler production in 5 days time (150 birds) just for d start. I know nothing about it so I need people to help me and mentor me so that I'll make profits.
my pen is just mini (12ft by 20ft). how many matured broiler can that contain?

That's 240sqft

Space required is 1sqft per bird
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by paito: 7:39am On Aug 12, 2019
yemmit90:

Are you still into the business?if so who are now your partner's sir
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by yemmit90: 10:12am On Aug 12, 2019
paito:

Are you still into the business?if so who are now your partner's sir

Yes, still doing it, but unlike before, i stocks less these days as a result of diversification, and the individual company i supply usually pay in two weeks or less than 3 weeks.
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2019
the chicks were two weeks on Monday. they had an average of 0.451kg. so far, I can say they are doing well and still within target.

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Botanistbbb: 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Inspiring
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by sdayvin(m): 2:12am On Aug 22, 2019
Thanks for your sharing.
This is Steven Zong from China , we are manufacturer of chicken raising equipment with more than 15 year experiences.
We supply A type cage system with fully automatic machine including feeding machine and drinking system and manure remove system and egg collection system and climate control system also. if someone need to know more ,please kindly contact for more information and best price.
Steven Zong
Whatsapp:+8615937882004
Email: sdayvin@gmail.com
Web: www.poultech.net

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Generalj007: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
mobolaji234:
The next phase of the construction is the flooring and laying of two coaches of blocks around the pen.
I want to construct in such a way that it will just be one coach of block above the foundation to allow fresh air get in touch with the birds.
The work will start by Monday by God's grace, the bricklayer was on farm last week and gave d ffg quotations;
Gravel - 4 tipper loads
sand - 1 tipper load
Cement - 40 bags
Blocks 6" - 350 pcs

How can I get ur number on whatsapp to chat u up sir.
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2019
Generalj007:

How can I get ur number on whatsapp to chat u up sir.
Send me a PM
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by paito: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
Op no more updates
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
Hi all,

Its been a while, please forgive me. Man's been busy with so many things.
in the meantime, the chicks will be 5 weeks by Monday. our target weight for this production was 2.3kg at 5weeks 3days.
But I doubt if this target can be attained due to the fact that I've not been frequent in the farm due to some reasons beyond my control.
I hope to address this issue as from tomorrow.
There weight by tomorrow will be uploaded when I go to the farm.

Attached are pictures taken on the fifth of Sept.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by guidefreak(m): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
DEEP LITTER SYSTEM OR BATTERY CAGE SYSTEM

This article is to educate you before you choose between deep litter system and battery cage system of poultry rearing. I want to quickly but thoroughly answer one of the most commonly asked questions about these two housing systems.

Just so we are on the same page, deep litter system is where chickens are raised on concrete floor covered with bedding material such as wood shavings. The purpose of the litter material is to insulate the floor and prevent birds from having direct contact with the bare floor. Battery cage system on the other hand is where birds are kept in small compartments of galvanized irons built into cages. The cages are usually partitioned into cells. Yeah, it’s more like imprisoning chickens in a friendly way.
Read more: https://guidefreak.com/deep-litter-system-or-battery-cage-system/

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by guidefreak(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2019
YOU THOUGHT A GAS BROODER WAS MORE EXPENSIVE - YOU WERE WRONG!
Gas brooders have been thought to be a more expensive source of poultry heat for brooding, but we were wrong. If you are going into poultry farming and you want to brood your chicks yourself, then a gas brooder might be your best companion. While there are various types of brooders you can use in your brooder house, there are many reasons why the infra-red gas brooder wins the competition. Unless you have 24/7 electricity in your area, a gas brooder will not disappoint you.
For a long time, it took a lot of homes a lot of years to move from using Kerosene to gas. Why? They thought gas was for the rich. They always believed it would be more expensive to manage. However, we all know now that a gas cooker will save you more in the long run. The same is applicable to the infra-red gas brooder. Many would say that it is too expensive to manage without ever considering to ask those who have been using it about the running cost. I took it upon myself to do this for you so that I will not only share my personal experience but also some users’ opinion.
Read more: https://guidefreak.com/gas-brooder-vs-charcoal/

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by potosky: 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
Are you still in business?
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Lusola15: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
mobolaji234:
Hi all,

Its been a while, please forgive me. Man's been busy with so many things.
in the meantime, the chicks will be 5 weeks by Monday. our target weight for this production was 2.3kg at 5weeks 3days.
But I doubt if this target can be attained due to the fact that I've not been frequent in the farm due to some reasons beyond my control.
I hope to address this issue as from tomorrow.
There weight by tomorrow will be uploaded when I go to the farm.

Attached are pictures taken on the fifth of Sept.

Thank you

Are you still into poultry
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
I'm still into poultry for y'all asking.
So many things has happened since last time. Man's got wedded, production has increased, leased bigger pen.

Updates coming later.

7 Likes

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by potosky: 9:53am On Feb 27, 2020
mobolaji234:

So many things has happened since last time.
Man's got wedded, production has increased, leased bigger pen.

Updates coming later.
congratulations
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by skydancer: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
mobolaji234:

So many things has happened since last time.
Man's got wedded, production has increased, leased bigger pen.

Updates coming later.
Congratulations bro, please can you give a brother an estimate of expected average yearly revenue or maybe for last year?
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by skydancer: 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
skydancer:

Congratulations bro, please can you give a brother an estimate of expected average yearly revenue or maybe for last year?
Also if one wants to invest in your farm, how will you pay with interest?
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 8:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
skydancer:

Actually, I started mine mid-last year 2019 around July.

On a thousand bird, average profit ranges between 200 to 300k. This range largely depends on price of DOC, price you sold the live weight per kg, price and quality of feed, FCR of the birds and other environmental factors.

Estimated average yearly revenue can be roughly estimated as calculating the number of cycles you would have in a year multiplied by the average probable profit.

I hope this helps a bit
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
February this year, I was able to lease another farm nearby to accommodate for more birds.

The farm is a 3500 capacity farm which possesses quite a number of facilities a farm should have.

Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow.

At the moment tho, I only have 1000 birds stocked.
Trying to see if a partnership can be done with any willing investor around.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2020
skydancer:

Also if one wants to invest in your farm, how will you pay with interest?

If you're based in Ibadan, a visit will be most appreciated and discussions can start from there
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Botanistbbb: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
Boss boss......kudos
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
Pictures of the newly leased pen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ajimobi Visits Denmark Over Farmers/Fulani Herdsmen Clashes / 2015 Songhai Farm Agribusiness Training, Porto-novo, Benin Republic / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.