Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity (18046 Views)

Measurements And Cost Analysis For A 500 Broiler Pen House / 5000 Capacity Commercial Broiler Pen / URGENTLY IN NEED OF A BIG DEEP LITRES BROILER PEN ARROUND OLUYOLE IBADAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2019
To God be the glory, production has started since the 20th of June.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2019
Pic1 day 2
Pic 2 day 6

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
More

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
Day 22

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
At day 21 when they were 3 weeks, they are already weighing over a kilo!
Now at day 26, they are all weighing 1.3kg and above.

The journey has not been easy but I thank God its been exciting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2019
Well done
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by amani337(m): 12:05am On Jul 17, 2019
Great job u are doing here bro. I just read from the first page of this thread, kudos.
Please do u feed ad lib 24/7? And what breed of broilers are these? Thanks
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Botanistbbb: 9:00am On Jul 17, 2019
Bravo bro........wish you success. Learnt so many things from this beautiful thread.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by efetoma(m): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2019
May God bless your hustle. I am inspired by your moves
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by ganasy: 10:12am On Jul 17, 2019
Weldone bro. This is really inspiring. I have been following this thread from the begining. Can you pls give us rough estimate of what you spent for the construction?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Cassie74: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
kiss
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
amani337:

Great job u are doing here bro. I just read from the first page of this thread, kudos.
Please do u feed ad lib 24/7? And what breed of broilers are these? Thanks

I feed them 24/7 all through the night...
Botanistbbb:
Bravo bro........wish you success.
Learnt so many things from this beautiful thread.

Thanks bro

efetoma:
May God bless your hustle. I am inspired by your moves

Amen. Thank you

ganasy:

Weldone bro. This is really inspiring. I have been following this thread from the begining. Can you pls give us rough estimate of what you spent for the construction?

Roughly 1.5mill on construction
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by richcode: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nice work
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by ganasy: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
mobolaji234:

Congratulations once more. I wish you all the best.
Plannimg to setup a farm too soon but maybe fish farming. You inspire me
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
1.5 what
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by chigomiced: 1:31am On Jul 20, 2019
OLATUNDE1122:
1.5 what

Calm down�
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Iseoluwani: 4:16am On Jul 20, 2019
mobolaji234:
At day 21 when they were 3 weeks, they are already weighing over a kilo!
Now at day 26, they are all weighing 1.3kg and above.

The journey has not been easy but I thank God its been exciting

name of your feed
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by kerriman: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2019
Weldone bros and congratulations. Once you succeed in the first set. The second set will be easier. Please when you sell them give us your profit margin without the pen because that one is a fixed asset

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by chigomiced: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
kerriman:
Weldone bros and congratulations. Once you succeed in the first set. The second set will be easier. Please when you sell them give us your profit margin without the pen because that one is a fixed asset

Emmachile
Fmcash
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by SLOVFO(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2019
mobolaji234:
The next phase of the construction is the flooring and laying of two coaches of blocks around the pen.
I want to construct in such a way that it will just be one coach of block above the foundation to allow fresh air get in touch with the birds.
The work will start by Monday by God's grace, the bricklayer was on farm last week and gave d ffg quotations;
Gravel - 4 tipper loads
sand - 1 tipper load
Cement - 40 bags
Blocks 6" - 350 pcs

You have taken a giant stride in the right direction. I pray God to see you through. Amen. I have a question brother. What actually is the theory behind the construction of a poultry house? What and what should one consider when building a pen?
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by yemmit90: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2019
mobolaji234:

I feed them 24/7 all through the night...

Thanks bro

Amen. Thank you

Good job sir, may God continue to bless you. Though i am opening this thread for the first time and i sighted this quoted post. Are you saying you spent 1.5 million to construct a mere 1000 capacity pen?

Please clarify this because i noticed a lot of people/novice here might be using this thread/information as a guild.
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by yemmit90: 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
Munzy14:

Wrong move bro, Those two require some distance away from the pen. For the sake of biosecurity in poultry management...

lol, the guy you quoted was actually giving the best advice. The wall will simply be raise higher or cover up. A lot of big farms are using this method.
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
richcode:
Nice work
Thanks so much
ganasy:

Congratulations once more. I wish you all the best.
Plannimg to setup a farm too soon but maybe fish farming. You inspire me

Thank you. God will see you through on your fish farm.
OLATUNDE1122:
1.5 what

Bring out your pen and do the calculations yourself. Get a carpenter to give you estimate on number of planks and the prices, number of roofing sheets to use, the netting and don't forget the workmanship! Get a bricklayer to give you how many blocks you'll need, tips of sand and number of bags of cement and his workmanship.
When you get those, then come back and scream 1.5
Iseoluwani:

name of your feed
I use ultima from chikun

kerriman:

I'll do
yemmit90:

Good job sir, may God continue to bless you. Though i am opening this thread for the first time and i sighted this quoted post. Are you saying you spent 1.5 million to construct a mere 1000 capacity pen?

Please clarify this because i noticed a lot of people/novice here might be using this thread/information as a guild.

To be sincere with you, I've spent well over a million on construction. To be on the safe side, it will be wise to have your cash in excess than to be stucked half way

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2019
Do we have anyone here who is into sales of automatic drinkers... I need the cost and installation materials
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2019
Call 08020917141 for your Automatic drinkers
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2019
I build pens for a living
With 500,000 naira i will build a 1000 capacity pen
Local well at 200,000 naira and farm house and store at 500,000 naira

Am not talking down your qoute youv tried by takinga step but it would have safe u more if you contacted an experienced professional

Now you stock dont be to sure of your self get an experience professional to lead u tru the path
Belive me the weakness of this business is lack of proper consultation advice the weakness is enormous i point out some of it to you from day one we spoke i told u some things but u wanted to diy no its a good one but very soon you will see wat i saw wen i was once like you

I wish all the best in all your endeavors and am following the thread
Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by chigomiced: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2019
OLATUNDE1122:
I build pens for a living
With 500,000 naira i will build a 1000 capacity pen
Local well at 200,000 naira and farm house and store at 500,000 naira

Am not talking down your qoute youv tried by takinga step but it would have safe u more if you contacted an experienced professional

Now you stock dont be to sure of your self get an experience professional to lead u tru the path
Belive me the weakness of this business is lack of proper consultation advice the weakness is enormous i point out some of it to you from day one we spoke i told u some things but u wanted to diy no its a good one but very soon you will see wat i saw wen i was once like you

I wish all the best in all your endeavors and am following the thread

That's roughly 1.5million

Same as what op spent building his farm. Coupled with the experience he gained along the line

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by Blackbelly(m): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2019
Op you took a bold step in the right direction. The weight of your birds are impressive going by their age. I presume you are already an experienced farmer judging by the farm management practices. Has there been mortality?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by SLOVFO(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
mobolaji234:
To God be the glory, production has started since the 20th of June.

I see that you are using camp stove/gas as a heat source while brooding. Please how cost effective is this method compared with using charcoal in earthen pots?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
Blackbelly:
Op you took a bold step in the right direction. The weight of your birds are impressive going by their age. I presume you are already an experienced farmer judging by the farm management practices. Had there been mortalities?

Experience is like wealth, it can never be enough. You acquire more everyday as you practice.
I've had my fair share of the negative side to. Had up to 25 mortalities out of 550!
Persistence is the key bro

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by mobolaji234: 7:23am On Jul 30, 2019
At just 5weeks plus, we sold our birds off. They were sold on Sunday with an average of 2.21.
Sincerely its a beautiful and an eye opening experience. We give God the glory!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity by chigomiced: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2019
mobolaji234:
At just 5weeks plus, we sold our birds off. They were sold on Sunday with an average of 2.21.
Sincerely its a beautiful and an eye opening experience. We give God the glory!

And they said Agriculture is not profitable

Haq haq haq

Hard work always pay

May God continue to bless you and your business bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Songhai Farm Agribusiness Training, Porto-novo, Benin Republic / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December / The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.