Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' (494 Views)

GT Bank Are Frustrating Their Customers. / How DPR Illegally Awarded OML 46 To Halkin Oil, Despite Buhari's Directives / A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by shehuolayinka(m): 4:36am On Apr 25, 2019
A twitter user with the name Obi Charles has shared an experience of a client of is who is being asked by some government agencies to part with some money before agreeing to approve his LPG plant.

The twitter user who made made the revelation on the 19th of April 2019 in a series of tweets on his handle, said the client had already shared N1.5 million amongst different agencies.

According to him, the client was being asked to part with total of N12 million by different agencies before he could get approval for his plant.

He said, “I have a client. Dude borrowed N10 million from the bank to build an LPG plant and plant was built, ready for commissioning”.

“Then like ants, more than 7 govt agencies came swooping in at the site & sealed it up. The total bribe demanded to re-open the gas plant is N12 million”.

Read more: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/04/21/man-shares-story-of-how-dpr-other-agencies-are-frustrating-his-client-from-setting-up-a-lpg-plant/

Re: 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by Nbote(m): 4:56am On Apr 25, 2019
And yet d useless govt will b making noise about business friendly environment... Jus attempt to start a thriving business and before U know it, different useless govt agencies will frustrate d life and zeal out of U

1 Like

Re: 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by flyingdutchman(m): 5:07am On Apr 25, 2019
Incomplete story. They would never 'swoop' on him without a cogent reason. Most people want to establish businesses without following due registration and procedure. As a result, they offer bribes to dirty elements in these agencies who capitalize on this. Reasons why he might be having issues could range from location of site to permits etc. Corruption is a disease in our country but, if he is sure of himself, let him petpition the EFCC
Re: 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by Wantedmiller: 5:13am On Apr 25, 2019
OP ......you have not mentioned any reason so far.
Who are those agencies?
Re: 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by Rolings: 5:23am On Apr 25, 2019
Nbote:
And yet d useless govt will b making noise about business friendly environment... Jus attempt to start a thriving business and before U know it, different useless govt agencies will frustrate d life and zeal out of U

It's only Nigerian businessmen that don't want to pay taxes levies or get certified ,they want everything free. I'm sure if the client had done his homework and did the needful at the right time he won't be in this situation. You just don't go ahead and build a gas plant without approval and if you do be ready to face the consequences ,besides if the Op is a consultant, then he should have known all the statutory bodies he needs to get one form of approval or certification from, he better write to efcc and ask for investigation if his allegations are true and not this incomplete twitter rant

1 Like

Re: 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by flyingdutchman(m): 7:43am On Apr 25, 2019
Precisely what I told the OP! There must be a reason. It takes two guilty people to tango. That said, if he truly hasnt broken any law, let him report to EFCC sharp sharp!
Wantedmiller:
OP ......you have not mentioned any reason so far.

Who are those agencies?
Re: 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by flyingdutchman(m): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2019
People just think we are stupid. We are able to read through hogwash and know when someone is bullshitting.
Rolings:

It's only Nigerian businessmen that don't want to pay taxes levies or get certified ,they want everything free. I'm sure if the client had done his homework and did the needful at the right time he won't be in this situation. You just don't go ahead and build a gas plant without approval and if you do be ready to face the consequences ,besides if the Op is a consultant, then he should have known all the statutory bodies he needs to get one form of approval or certification from, he better write to efcc and ask for investigation if his allegations are true and not this incomplete twitter rant
Re: 'how DPR, Other Agencies Are Frustrating My Client From Setting Up A LPG Plant' by Amhappy(f): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Even if you follow all the rules,they will still ask for bribe. If you dont pay,they will delay and frustrate you. But if you insist and remain patient,they will evetually cave in. It may take one year or more but that fly will definitely fall. But many people are not ready to wait it out so they just pay them chikina.

(1) (Reply)

UBA Maintenance Fee / Ayade's Aide; Bags 7th Award In The Area Of Economic And Enterprise Development. / airtel data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.