Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,992 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! (26570 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / I’ll Never Claim My Dad’s Money. I’d Rather Work For Mine – Mike Adenuga’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Pinkybush: 4:49am On Sep 16, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders.

Few months ago I sought for help from this forum in my post titled "I'm About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension Bankers/Lawers Help", of which I received good comments.

One of those comments was for me to approach the court for a "Letter Of Administration" if I'm the next of kin or the beneficiary to my dad's properties.

After a long process at the court, I was finally issued with the said letter. I then took the letter to the bank where my dad was operating after being advised to open an Estate Account.

I then applied for Estate Account, but up till today they (bank) have refused to open that account giving flimsy excuse always. I'm beginning to suspect foul play from the bank.

Can I open such account in another bank while presenting the bank my dad was operating with account number for the money to be transfered in or sue the bank while they pay for damages?

HELP!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:47am On Sep 16, 2019
Hire a lawyer

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by chigoziri2403(m): 6:03am On Sep 16, 2019
Which bank?
What are the details
How far have you gone

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Pinkybush: 6:22am On Sep 16, 2019
chigoziri2403:
Which bank?
What are the details
How far have you gone
Please for the sensitivity of the issue I won't mention the bank's name. The only thing left is for that bank to open an estate account and transfer in the money, which they are frustrating

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by bisi16(m): 6:23am On Sep 16, 2019
The Ogas want to chop that money. That’s the only reason they’re frustrating your efforts.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by stnkembu(m): 6:31am On Sep 16, 2019
When did u submit the LOA to the bank?
What is the exact excuse your bankers are giving you?
Usually, your bank will send the LOA to their legal department to confirm its authenticity.
The time frame for such verification varies and may run into weeks, depending on how fast/slow the lawyer handling is.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Pinkybush: 7:05am On Sep 16, 2019
stnkembu:
When did u submit the LOA to the bank?
What is the exact excuse your bankers are giving you?
Usually, your bank will send the LOA to their legal department to confirm its authenticity.
The time frame for such verification varies and may run into weeks, depending on how fast/slow the lawyer handling is.
Yes I submitted the LOA and Death Certificate to the bank, filled the form for the said account. They even said that they have done the search to confirm the authenticity of those documents and found them to be true copies. But the reason they have refused to open that account is what I don't know.

11 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by chigoziri2403(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please for the sensitivity of the issue I won't mention the bank's name. The only thing left is for that bank to open an estate account and transfer in the money, which they are frustrating
do you know the details on the mandate card
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by seunmohmoh(f): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2019
Take the bank to court
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Crazeworld(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2019
Lol. Even bank na coded yahoo organization grin

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature

25 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by soberdrunk(m): 11:58am On Sep 17, 2019
angry

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Lexusgs430: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

Few months ago I sought for help from this forum in my post titled "I'm About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension Bankers/Lawers Help", of which I received good comments.

One of those comments was for me to approach the court for a "Letter Of Administration" if I'm the next of kin or the beneficiary to my dad's properties.

After a long process at the court, I was finally issued with the said letter. I then took the letter to the bank where my dad was operating after being advised to open an Estate Account.

I then applied for Estate Account, but up till today they (bank) have refused to open that account giving flimsy excuse always. I'm beginning to suspect foul play from the bank.

Can I open such account in another bank while presenting the bank my dad was operating with account number for the money to be transfered in or sue the bank while they pay for damages?

HELP!!!

Do you know his closing balance?

2 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by OlaSammie: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Take this to twitter, tag the bank, CBN and if you don't have plenty followers, you can tag popular twitter figures.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Dottore: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Alashoalash10: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

HELP!!!
Take the Bank to the public complaints commission in the state and see what happens. If in abuja take it to PCC HQ at maitama and lodge your complaint

8 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by kokozain(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2019
I am following with keen interest
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by fanex: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2019
go to the bank's website, get the email addresses of the MD, CEO, COO just the top guys in the corporate head office and copy them in an email you are sending to the problem persons in the branch and watch the magic happen. grin grin grin

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Siralgebra04(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2019
I am learning from d comments.
In d meantime, I have a brief analysis here. If u burn #2,145 (15litres) fuel, say, every 3 days, then, in a year you would have expended # 260,975 fuel + #20,000 for maintenance. In 2 years u would av spent over 560k. That's too massive.
Embrace Solar Energy. At Medas Innovations, we will be willing to mount ur Solar System.
Check my signature for contact.

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by NaijaWebDesign(m): 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
shocked
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by zubby4567(m): 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:
Yes I submitted the LOA and Death Certificate to the bank, filled the form for the said account. They even said that they have done the search to confirm the authenticity of those documents and found them to be true copies. But the reason they have refused to open that account is what I don't know.
my dear Go to brekete family radio for Abj 101.5 and complain u will recover your Dads money as soon as possible

20 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by femi4: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Go and work for your money....let your Dad's money go to charity

4 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Cocao(f): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pinkybush:

You cannot come out and say you do not know the reasons they gave you. That is the only way you can get help. Go back and listen to the reasons why the account has not been opened. Update your post here and we can advise accordingly. Your post is very vague and misleading.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hire a good lawyer.
This is not what you can solve online.
What city is this dispute occurring ?

1 Like

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
OlaSammie:
Take this to twitter, tag the bank, CBN and if you don't have plenty followers, you can tag popular twitter figures.
Op that can’t mention bank name here will now go and tag them on twitter. He seems weak jare

43 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Kennyfancy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Post the bank name here
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Funkybabee(f): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
Twitter sure pass, those bank fear twitter drama like mad...

Just be tweeting and see the magic, you can ask your other siblings to join.

10 Likes

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by PureMind2: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hire a sound lawyer if possible some one close to you I will promise you they will realise your funds
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by EtihadAirways(f): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
What about his Pension?
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by MrFly(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
i dnt nid all doz long process as long as i can sign any signature on earth. U d learn work
Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Another proof that contributory pension is a scam, where are your late Dad's PFAs ? how come none of them is saying anything, better contact Pencom and report the bank and the PFA, they re trying to chop your inheritance.

If your Dad named you as the beneficiary this shouldnt bean issue, these PFAs are so corrupt, they wont tell you that a 'next of kin' and 'a beneficiary' are different entities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! by skentelelady(f): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi4:
Go and work for your money....let your Dad's money go to charity

Why are you pained Is it because you don't have any inheritance left in your name or you are not recognised as the next of kin? ?? It is his responsibility and the NoK to claim what is right for his family on his father's behalf.

Op please contact the top guys in the bank through email. It happened to someone I know. She was invited by the MD for questioning and her benefits her released ASAP.

It's always the branch managers or account officer that love to play this pranks but once to stand your feet with boldness, you are good to go

If you still didn't get what you want , use social media but I will advise you play smart and act cool

All the best

53 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibukun Awosika: My Decisions At 25 To Become Successful - Video / US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain / How To Start Plantain Chips Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.