Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State (11404 Views)

Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States / ₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits / Fowler Replies Kyari, Says Recession, Oil Price Affected Tax Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by tejpot(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
This is poor thinking by these accountants!!! ..This looks so because 70 percent of Nigeria VAT collections happen in Lagos but these monies originate from other states ..I will tell you the story of 100 KVA generator I once supplied to a hospital in Nassarawa state , the money for this transaction came 100 percent from Nassarawa state but I paid all the taxes carried to the generator in Lagos state making it seem like the money came from Lagos to a shallow mind ...as long as 70 percent of Nigerias imports pass through Lagos it will continue to seem Lagos is contributing most of the tax which is kind of erroneous
Should that now be a fault attributable to Lagos. It simply means the other states have no value to offer, Lagos offers a value and creates additional value to other states. For instance withholding taxes associated with contracts that belongs to any states will be remitted to them so long the residency of the tax payer is determined.

Another question you failed to ask is about company income tax. Does it mean that the rest of the states are barren land without value adding or production activities? Are the rest of the states simply Civil servant states? If the answer to that is no, then you ask, What is responsible for the tax compliance behavior of companies in Lagos?

Even when you check the IGR from each state, Lagos still collects more than 33 states put together. Clearly, the IGR from these states is majorly funded by civil servants.

Finally, if 70% of imports pass through Lagos, just do all within your power to support a special status for such state. Because if anything happens to it, the whole country will collapse. If another Port has not resurrected since the commissioning of this one then kudos to this one for surviving this long.

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Gandollar(f): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2019
iammo:

Danladi errorneously delivered a judgement? Yet prosecuting counsel couldnt aproach a court of law to appeal the tribunal decission or EFCC opening a case file? This ipob people sef smh.

You clearly admitted you or PDP dont have forensic audit report of lagos state yet.you.label tinubu a thief...... you better dont say this with your true identity or risk having character assasination and libel lawsuit on your head.
Ok Atku is a thief but tinubu is not. Happy now? Hiss.

You forgot that when Danladi Umar made that declaration, APC was already in power and Tinubu had already metamorphosed into a saint.
Hopefully one day, someone who did not know Pharoah would be born and correct the anomaly.
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2019
Buckubuck:

I don't know what you mean by what Igbo are contributing when they are generally acknowledged as the most commercial tribe. Forget ethnic bashing, if you want to complain about ppl not contributing, your anger should be directed northwards. Unfortunately for you, buhari has opened two ports in the north and is frantically searching oil, yet you're too blind to see what is going on
Most commercial? What exactly does that mean?

So farmers are not commercial ? THey are charities

Fulani herdsmen are what? philantropists?
Globacom is what ? A religious organization
Dangote is what? A footballer

All the oil tankers and trucks on our roads are what? musicians

Guy everybody is commercial stop kidding yourselves

If only you know how much Nigerians spend on cow meat daily in Lagos you will be silent permanently

Eeboes do their thing as do others
Dangote is building a multibillion refnery , Flour mills, Nigerian Breweries ,Flour mills, Coca Cola , Guinness MTN Globacom Nestle, Unilever and so on are happening in Lagos and you are tellings us about komasha Eeboes

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by K1famous: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2019
This woman statistic in total wrong. Place like ogun, kaduna, abuja also contribute immensely to gdp in term of vat. Even more than 35% of lagos state income tax where produce by people of ogun state who reside around berger,iseri,warewa,arepo,magboro,ibafo,asese,pakuro, mowe...ifo,sango,akute,lambe,agbado,ikorodu etc. As most of this ppl were working for company in lagos who deduct there vat from the source...

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by balonaija(f): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2019
but how?
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by SarkinYarki: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2019
tejpot:

Should that now be a fault attributable to Lagos. It simply means the other states have no value to offer, Lagos offers a value and creates additional value to other states. For instance withholding taxes associated with contracts that belongs to any states will be remitted to them so long the residency of the tax payer is determined.

Another question you failed to ask is about company income tax. Does it mean that the rest of the states are barren land without value adding or production activities? Are the rest of the states simply Civil servant states? If the answer to that is no, then you ask, What is responsible for the tax compliance behavior of companies in Lagos?

Even when you check the IGR from each state, Lagos still collects more than 33 states put together. Clearly, the IGR from these states is majorly funded by civil servants.

Finally, if 70% of imports pass through Lagos, just do all within your power to support a special status for such state. Because if anything happens to it, the whole country will collapse. If another Port has not resurrected since the commissioning of this one then kudos to this one for surviving this long.

I am in support of a special status for Lagos..I have always been ...I have always called for a Lagos Marshall Plan to expedite infrastructure growth for Lagos
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by wirinet(m): 11:11am On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I am in support of a special status for Lagos..I have always been ...I have always called for a Lagos Marshall Plan to expedite infrastructure growth for Lagos
Fa fa foul. Special status for lagos ke? You want the whole 200 million Nigerians to flood into Lagos? An area less than 3.5 square kilometres.

We need to decongest lagos. Other urban centres need to be constructed and connected by rail and good roads to drain lagos of its massive population. Other ports must be operational to divert some traffic away from lagos.
We require a concise plan to stem rural - urban migration drift.

3 Likes

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
This is poor thinking by these accountants!!! ..This looks so because 70 percent of Nigeria VAT collections happen in Lagos but these monies originate from other states ..I will tell you the story of 100 KVA generator I once supplied to a hospital in Nassarawa state , the money for this transaction came 100 percent from Nassarawa state but I paid all the taxes carried to the generator in Lagos state making it seem like the money came from Lagos to a shallow mind ...as long as 70 percent of Nigerias imports pass through Lagos it will continue to seem Lagos is contributing most of the tax which is kind of erroneous
So why didn’t you fly your generator in by plane or ride it in by camel through Mali so that you can bypass Lagos and avoid the Taxes so that Nassarawa can claim all the credit.

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2019
aribisala0:

Most commercial? What exactly does that mean?

So farmers are not commercial ? THey are charities

Fulani herdsmen are what? philantropists?
Globacom is what ? A religious organization
Dangote is what? A footballer

All the oil tankers and trucks on our roads are what? musicians

Guy everybody is commercial stop kidding yourselves

If only you know how much Nigerians spend on cow meat daily in Lagos you will be silent permanently

Eeboes do their thing as do others
Dangote is building a multibillion refnery , Flour mills, Nigerian Breweries ,Flour mills, Coca Cola , Guinness MTN Globacom Nestle, Unilever and so on are happening in Lagos and you are tellings us about komasha Eeboes
If you don't know what commerce is I can't help you. You're referring to mtn, glo, nestle as commerce shows your ignorance. Fact is fact. Igbo people are the most commercially vibrant ethnic stock in Nigeria. There's no market you'll go to either north, East or west in Nigeria where you won't see a sizeable Igbo population even to the remotest part of the country. They are the most responsible for movement of goods all round the country
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2019
Buckubuck:

If you don't know what commerce is I can't help you. You're referring to mtn, glo, nestle as commerce shows your ignorance. Fact is fact. Igbo people are the most commercially vibrant ethnic stock in Nigeria. There's no market you'll go to either north, East or west in Nigeria where you won't see a sizeable Igbo population even to the remotest part of the country. They are the most responsible for movement of goods all round the country
Guy MTN and glo are commercial they are not theatrical
"Commercially vibrant " is a vague and nebulous concept.
Market is not the only place that trading takes place . Have you ever heard of Amazon? It is commercial

Fulani herdsmen are VERY commercially vibrant and there is no cattle market in Nigeria you won't find them

Guy talk anoda tin
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2019
aribisala0:
Guy MTN and glo are commercial they are not theatrical
"Commercially vibrant " is a vague and nebulous concept.
Market is not the only place that trading takes place . Have you ever heard of Amazon? It is commercial

Fulani herdsmen are VERY commercially vibrant and there is no cattle market in Nigeria you won't find them

Guy talk anoda tin
For now. Go and help ur mum wash plates in the kitchen ok?
When you get back to schl after treating ur malaria, go for geography lessons. MTN and glo do not contribute to the GDP compared to what an importer of goods contribute. I hope you can process that. As a matter of fact, they both do more harm to your GDP in case you don't know. Your Fulani herdsmen are not importers and their products singular. You can't compare their activity to Igbo traders who sell all kinds of goods throughout the nooks and crannies of Nigeria
Amazon is an online market. Cure your ignorance
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 11:49am On Apr 25, 2019
Buckubuck:

For now. Go and help ur mum wash plates in the kitchen ok?
When you get back to schl after treating ur malaria, go for geography lessons. MTN and glo do not contribute to the GDP compared to what an importer of goods contribute. I hope you can process that. As a matter of fact, they both do more harm to your GDP in case you don't know. Your Fulani herdsmen are not importers and their products singular. You can't compare their activity to Igbo traders who sell all kinds of goods throughout the nooks and crannies of Nigeria
Amazon is an online market. Cure your ignorance

Go and help your mum wash the bedsheets before customers start arriving
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by luluman: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Go & import your generator from other states now or keep shut. Who force you?
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by luluman: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
lordkush:
most. business have thier head quarters there.

it's not as if the transactions happened only in Lagos.
Story for the gods. Establish your headquatets in Onisha now.
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by luluman: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
lonelydora:
Lagos is Nigeria and Nigeria is Lagos
We have two states in Nigeria: Lagos, & others. Thats what is giving yeebos high b. p
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
aribisala0:

Go and help your mum wash the bedsheets before customers start arriving
I know your brain capacity is low. That's why I decided to get rid of you before continue advertising your imbecility. But imbecility na body odour na. It must sha smell. It is well with ur soul if you have one
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by Kennydoc(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
HigherEd:

And for one generator you supply to nassarawa 50 is being supplied within Lagos. There's no doubt Lagos is the biggest consumer of many imports. Therefore even with your instance we can still say Lagos generates most of the revenue.

Lagos probably has a population of about 20 million while the rest of Nigeria has a population of approximately 180 million. Are you telling me that Lagos is a bigger consumer of any product than the rest of Nigeria put together? A very significant amount of the imports cleared in Lagos go down to the South East, South South and the North.

If Lagos becomes a republic (though unlikely), then the ports in the South South will be developed to handle imports for the rest of the country. Many multinational companies that have their headquarters in Lagos will start building other headquarters in other parts of the country. At that point, you will understand that Lagos is rich mainly because it is servicing the entire country.
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by lordkush: 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
luluman:
Story for the gods. Establish your headquatets in Onisha now.
you did not hear me say akure. or bodija. or ogbomosho which 're youruba lands

I said Lagos. which is no man's land. if e pain you die
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by luluman: 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
lordkush:
you did not hear me say akure. or bodija. or ogbomosho which 're youruba lands

I said Lagos. which is no man's land. if e pain you die
Where is your brain? you say no man's land & yorubas are in charge of decision making. I swear you be mumu. why not put yourself incharge if na no man's land. Anuofia!!
Re: 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State by nkelvin(m): 12:23am On Apr 26, 2019
It's became Igbos are the major dominant in that area in terms of business activities... Look at Kano State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Keyamo Launches Podcast To Sell Tinubu-Shettima / President Buhari Calls For Tighter Security Around Borders In Lake Chad / Keep Spending Old Naira Notes, Eschew Violence, Abiodun Tells Ogun Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.