Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States (11125 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest: Put Same Zeal In Arrest Of Killer Herdsmen ― Ortom Asks FG / EndSARS: Adamu Garba Sues Jack Dorsey, Twitter CEO For $1bn / 70% Of Nigeria’s N5.2 Trillion Tax Revenue Was Contributed By Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by iwaeda: 6:37am On Jul 27, 2022
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State yesterday asked the Federal Government to account for the $1 billion security funds jointly contributed by the 36 states of the federation to fight insurgency giving the worsening insecurity in the country.

Speaking before presiding over the State Security Council meeting in Makurdi, the Governor asked, “What have they done with the $1 billion  the Governors Forum gave on behalf of the local governments for security?

"That money is huge. What have they done with the money that terrorists will kidnap citizens without any rescue mission? It is even more worrisome and  unthinkable that terrorists will threaten to kidnap our President. If that happens, that means we have no country again.

, “The primary responsibility of any responsive government is to ensure the safety of lives and property. The situation where innocent Nigerians are left at the mercy of vicious terrorists is unacceptable. We must not allow this to continue.”

The Governor expressed sadness Nigeria as the giant of Africa had become helpless to tackle its security challenges, saying “it is very painful to see the country where it is today.”

Ortom noted that security issues should be the concern of all, emphasising that it should not be tailored along political lines as protection of lives and property of citizens ought to be prioritized.

While commending the sacrifices of security operatives in the state, he also acknowledged the challenges security officers in the State face in the discharge of their duties.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/insecurity-account-for-1bn-security-fund-jointly-contributed-by-states-ortom-tells-fg/

32 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Nwodosis(m): 6:40am On Jul 27, 2022
They played tribal and religious cards on insurgency and now they know no tribe nor religion, same will happen in 2023 election if we play the same cards in electing our President!

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Toneypen247(m): 6:41am On Jul 27, 2022
Wahala
Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by princepeter566: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2022
The labour of our hero past has been made vain by buhari and APC.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Bobloco: 6:46am On Jul 27, 2022
grin

9 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by ybalogs(m): 6:47am On Jul 27, 2022
A young man saw his primary school teacher at a wedding ceremony.
He went to greet him with all respect and admiration!!

He said to him:
"Can you still recognize me Sir?'
'I don't think so!!', said the teacher, 'could you please remind me how we met?'

The student recounted:
"I was your student in the 3rd Grade, I stole a Wrist watch belonging to my then classmate because it was unique and fascinating.

My Classmate came to you crying that his Wrist Watch had been stolen and you ordered all Students in the class to stand on a straight line, facing the wall with our hands up and our eyes closed so you could check our pockets.

At this point, I became jittery and terrified of the outcome of the search. The shame I would face after other Students discovered that I stole the watch, the opinions my teachers would form about me, the thought of being named a ' thief' till I leave the School and my Parents' reaction when they get to know about my action.

All these thoughts flowing across my heart, when suddenly it was my turn to be checked. I felt your hand slipped into my pocket, brought out the Watch and dip a note into my pocket. The note read "stop stealing. God and man hates it. Stealing will embarrase you before God and man".

I was gripped with fear, expecting the worse to be announced. I was surprised I didn't hear anything, but Sir, you continued searching other students' pockets till you got to the last person.

When the search was over, you asked us to open our eyes and sit on our chairs. I was afraid to sit because I was thinking you will call me out soon after everyone was seated.

But to my amazement, you showed the watch to the class, gave it to the owner and you never mentioned the name of the one who stole the watch. You didn't say a word to me, and you never mentioned the story to anyone.

Throughout my stay in the school, no Teacher or Student knew what happened. This incident naturally taught me a great lesson and I resolved in my heart never to get myself involved in taking whatever is not mine.
I thought to myself, you saved my dignity."
"Do you remember the story now Sir? You can't simply forget this story Sir!!"

The teacher replied, ' I vividly remember the story that I found the Watch in a pocket but i did not know in whose pocket the stolen Watch was found that day because I searched your pockets while I also had my eyes closed."

In life, we need wisdom for everything we do. As parents, teachers, Pastors, leaders etc... *We should be able to close our eyes to some things. Not all misbehaviour require punishment. Some will need encouragement, some mentoring and some monitoring.*

*Be a teacher or leader who inspires, not one who shatters.*

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by aylagos(m): 6:47am On Jul 27, 2022
grin Just want to read comments

1 Like

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by EMXTAN1(m): 6:47am On Jul 27, 2022
Aside the monies they keep borrowing, yet nothing is moving forward except banditry and kidnappings

11 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Centcanada: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
The only Governor that spoke nothing but the truth is Ortom cos others are serving the slave

28 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by micronut(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
That one don enter kalokalo now.

I sell Modern Charcoal Stove oooo. Chat me up on WhatsApp to order yours or check my signature.
Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Throwback: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
Ortom again?

Always lamenting rather than doing something tangible for his state, unlike the Borno Governor.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by fasho01(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
It has entered voicemail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Parachoko: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
He is asking a good question

I wander how Buhari will be so clueless about this insecurity issue. I

109 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by castrokins(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
grin grin

Buhari Scammed You

1 Like

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by ekukeku(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
In Naira pls
Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by MadamVanessa(f): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2022
shocked

Thieves everywhere, a very huge thief in Aso rock who came in disguised of fighting corruption. Same fool that brought this thief in, instead of burying his wrinkles filled head in shame want to rule also. Thunder fire agbado munching bastard.

10 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Fidinno(m): 6:49am On Jul 27, 2022
It is now looking like truly the man there is not Buhari. How can a rtd. Military general sit there and not know what to do against bandits and kidnappers.

What I see is that the north are trying to equip themselves more with all this money, don't be surprised that all this security monies are given to the boys to further equip themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by CEPHAS101: 6:49am On Jul 27, 2022
Dem don use am campaign finish...... Rotten government...... Anyway Vote Peter Obi.... God bless you all

8 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by backtovillage: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:50am On Jul 27, 2022
No one do Yahoo pass this current government

9 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2022
cool

Ortom the worst grin

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by QuotaSystem: 6:51am On Jul 27, 2022
Lol it’s month end again cheesy

Time to pay Benue workers salaries.

Trust the Ortomatic failure to look for a fresh excuse to explain his incompetence and distract his poor citizens.

109 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Dabillion: 6:51am On Jul 27, 2022
Asking a question that won't produce any result meanwhile e no go better for rtd general Brutai generation

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by Xboy1993: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2022
No salary for Benue people grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by goldtube(m): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2022
angry
Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by lonelydora: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2022
The way people are stealing in this administration shows even our leaders no longer have hope and believe in Nigeria.

So make all man steal ass him fit steal.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by wisdom042(m): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2022
Good one from the governor, it’s really saddens my heart seeing how comfortable the so called president is in terms of security of the country but is ready to travel to another man’s country to present speech on security. What a shame

3 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by perestroika19: 6:54am On Jul 27, 2022
This man only speaks when it's time to pay salaries. He's as useless as those he's accusing. He waits till end of the months to remember what FG has been doing wrong

8 Likes

Re: Ortom Asks FG To Account For $1bn Security Fund Jointly Contributed By States by bellotaofeek: 6:54am On Jul 27, 2022
Used to fund terror. No doubt bubu is their godfather

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jandor Greets Olabode George At 79 / Gunmen Shoot People In Twon Brass, Bayelsa Over Political Tussle (Photos) / PDP Thugs Intimidating Voters In Enugu, Says Apga’s Frank Nweke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.