Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Am I Too Old To Further My Education? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am I Too Old To Further My Education? (21151 Views)

I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University / Is A Female Of 23years Too Old To Start 100 Level In The University? / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by JeffSiberstein: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
You are mad, I'm 26 and waiting for my jamb result.

9 Likes

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Damfostopper(m): 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
I was expecting to see 50yrs old talking but no.... a toddler at 24 asking useless question.... when at 25 yrs person is still writing jamb......

Oya werey ni??..... daft thinking .....no be only too old for education..... ur too old to prosper

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
no body is too old to learning, To Be INEC Chairman you have yo be Proffesor. Do You Understand ? Education goes hand in hand with morals. Be Certain that which ever one you choose, You will Love to live with it.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Gerrard59(m): 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
saipn:
Kindly tell us why benin republic is not a better because of his msc plan abroad

There are no good schools in Benin Republic. Harsh but true. Many foreign universities have directives regarding the country where an applicant graduated from and the possibility of applying to study in the university. Chad, Benin Republic and Niger Republic are examples of such countries.

It will be a waste of money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Gerrard59(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Thane:

Your advice is very kind and good. We should also try to be realistic when advising/motivating people. Its almost impossible for a self-sponsored student to graduate with a first class. He even admitted he graduated with lower credit from the institution he went to because he was hustling then.

Well, I believe in determination and perseverance. He should not use his condition as a yardstick for not aiming high. Think about it, after graduating from a university (hopefully in Nigeria and federal one), how does he intend to sponsor himself to any reputable foreign university aside scholarships and assistantships? Now, what better way is there to being qualified and favoured for these financial assistance?

That he graduated with a lower class should even propel him to finish excellently. And no, it's not impossible not to finish top as a self sponsored student, many have done it and I know quite a number. That alone is a reason to finish top.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by tuzle(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
Georgry:

How were you able to get an IT employment from a bank? I seriously love to do my IT in a bank but I heard that it's not possible because Banks don't take IT students... please can you advise me on how to go about it?
gt bank do take IT student, but u have to know someone there who will help u register and stand as a guarantor, and the pay also is OK, it was easy before but now due to some occurrence of IT stealing money it has become harder
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by stanliwise(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:
Hello guys I would be 24 in August. I really want to further my education more. I got my National Diploma in 2016 with Lower credit but I went to hustle instead of furthering more. Now I don't want to go to polytechnic, I want get my degree.

My plan is to go for Msc abroad after getting my degree. I am contemplating on 3 options now.

1. thinking of going to private university in Benin Rep (it's an accredited uni) because of their fast programme.

2. Or do DE to a university in Nigeria.

3. Or forget about getting degree..

Can I go for Masters in America or Europe with a Benin Rep degree? And which university can I go for DE with Lower credit in Nigeria (even a private uni?). Please I am getting depressed on this, I am regretting my late decision but I am the one sponsoring myself so hustle first.
Please I need a serious advice, this is my future..
Am I too old for all these?

The question of whether you are too old, I suspect is steming from age insecurity, you have to deal with that, it is part of SAD(Social Anxiety Disorder) and you may need a counselor to overcome it through practice sessions.
For me as a counselor, I would not say nor deny that I am ignorant of the age bracket required in industries and firms who hire workers and also our institutions are flooded with young adults and teenagers with a defined age bracket which will easily make you noticable but what you have to understand is that everything are just based on convention and norm of doing things in the present day world, there is no definite principles guiding those norm just that overtime people have learnt to forge their lives around those principles and overtime has come to accept it as a law, if you happen to accept this same principle it means then you have to start looking for the basis why you accept to live by them, and for many who has done this, They have discovered that the principles where postulated by entrepreneurs and shareholders of companies over decades to hire young minds which they feel they could train/mold easily to fit there spec. if you want your life like this then the answer is that, yes, you're old already but it is not late to give it a try but if your life is not limited nor defined by those ideologies then you are what principles you chooae to live by. Reply me if you find this short response useful.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by olasam218(m): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
Are you Dead? if you are not, then you are not too old
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Topmaike007(m): 2:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
xyz123456:
Guy, Go for ICT/Software online degree. Now more useful than Bsc.
how does it work?
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Topmaike007(m): 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
ADAMS0129:
I am 27 years of age, i finish my ND in 2015, i gain admission through DE to Bayero university this year, which means I'm in 200L, Accounting department, I'm sponsoring myself and i never even get to think of it that I'm old.Man RISE UP TO UR FEET AND SAY NO TO UR DEFEAT.GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION.
hmmn you inspired me
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by xyz123456: 2:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
Topmaike007:
how does it work?
Check out udacity.com. you can search for cheaper alternatives on Google. Am udacity nano degree might give you job faster than any university degree.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by stanliwise(m): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:
Hello guys I would be 24 in August. I really want to further my education more. I got my National Diploma in 2016 with Lower credit but I went to hustle instead of furthering more. Now I don't want to go to polytechnic, I want get my degree.

My plan is to go for Msc abroad after getting my degree. I am contemplating on 3 options now.

1. thinking of going to private university in Benin Rep (it's an accredited uni) because of their fast programme.

Can I go for Masters in America or Europe with a Benin Rep degree? And which university can I go for DE with Lower credit in Nigeria (even a private uni?). Please I am getting depressed on this, I am regretting my late decision but I am the one sponsoring myself so hustle first.
The question of whether you are too old, I suspect is steming from age insecurity, you have to deal with that, it is part of SAD(Social Anxiety Disorder) and you may need a counselor to overcome it through practice sessions.
For me as a counselor, I would not say nor deny that I am ignorant of the age bracket required in industries and firms who hire worker and also our institutions are flooded with young adult with a defined age bracket which will easily make you noticable but what you have to understand is that everything are just based on convention and norm of doing things in the present day world, there is no definite principles guiding those norm just that overtime people have learnt to forge their lives around those principles and overtime has come to accept it as a law. Reply me if you find this short response useful.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by obawinner(m): 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:

We have the same profile and same dreams. Same age.
The key is never ever give up.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Topmaike007(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
xyz123456:

Check out udacity.com. you can search for cheaper alternatives on Google. Am udacity nano degree might give you job faster than any university degree.
okay pls can you explain further
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by trilobite: 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
One best graduating student in a department of my Alma mater was in his mid 40s when he graduated.

Another older student who couldn't keep up academically went to study in Benin Republic, graduated in 3 years and served (NYSC) with his mates from his previous university.

Go to Benin Republic, graduate, do your NYSC, and leave this country.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by TyroneP(m): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
What course did you study at school?
NapoleonBonapor:

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Sarang(f): 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
You are just 24 and you are already limiting yourself by talking about old age

Your grandpa mate dey school!

That is eeh

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Estiara(f): 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
Do not try option 1! I repeat; don't go to Benin Republic for a university education! Better to attend a private university in Nigeria and go abroad for your Master's degree. If you can't afford Nigerian private universities, do a DE into a federal tertiary institution. Forget Benin Republic! I've got acquaintances who attended some so-called private universities in that country and I therefore wouldn't encourage you to attempt it as a result of many negative outcomes I witnessed...

By the way, 24 is still very young. I'm in my early thirties and looking forward to a nursing degree.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by pland(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
No, you're not late to further your educational career, as a matter of fact, you're young at 24.

Go for a B.Sc degree via direct entry with your ND.

Since you already have ND certificate; if it's Art, Social sciences or Mgt course that you studied, you will spend 4 semesters only, if given admission to study in any of the approved and accredited private Universities in Benin Republic.

Yes of course, a GENUINELY acquired certificate degree from any private University with good repute from Benin Republic can secure you admission any where, be it in Europe, USA, etc; and I say this with prove to show.

Some people need to understand this fact, that the issue of "substandard" education is NOT peculiar to Benin Republic alone. Even in Nigeria, University graduates are being churning out yearly with some of the graduands unable to justify the certificate they acquired. Substandard, be it in education or in anything at all, it's a global challenge, and no country should be summarily condemned, or people be discouraged from fulfilling their quest for a University admission placement from any where they choose to, so long as the necessary info and details needed to go to that place are satisfactory. Agreed, there are a couple of Universities that are engaged in some unethical practices, be it in Benin Republic, be it in Nigeria, even in UK or USA, but definitely not all the Universities in Benin Republic, in Nigeria or any part of the world are to be adjudged as being substandard as a result of a default by any other University.

I'm a University stake holder in Benin Republic, I could assist if you want. Please, this is a genuine gesture.

For admission, contact me if you're convinced and comfortable: call +229-61407292

Whatsapp +234-8062927792
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:

Have you heard of JPTS??

You can run your Bsc,MSC,Mph and P.hD with them both online and offline. By online I mean you can continue working and at the same time be schooling.

The duration for their Bsc is 3yrs and you'd be awarded a foreign certificate from a list of accredited universities of your choice and you'll also be eligible for NYSC.

You can contact me by replying this quote if you want more Information
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by trevorhorace(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:

Everyone's spoken well. In fact I wouldn't agree more with many of the advice stated above. But!!! I wanna take this from an acute perspective . I'd like you to consider also your 3rd option. Depending though on your discipline of study, and your 'Why' for continuing. If you don't have a strong Why, then you're just wasting your time. If your reason is to fulfill all educational righteousness and belong to the cadres of the infinite list of degree holders and obtain bragging rights, you'd be wasting your time. Except you have a major goal at the end of the tunnel that requires you to follow a line of study in order achieve it, you'd just be going through life just obtaining vague irrelevant papers in lieu of real achievements. You're young, but still don't have all the time in the world. Think instead of the real difference you wanna make, the real problems you wanna solve and in what sector you wanna bring a solution. Then get to work. You have a major tool - the Internet. By the time your alter ego should be done getting all the 'qualifications ' in the world, you are already a force to be reckoned with in your field. Don't delay cos You'd only be going to school to read books. There's no information and no skill you can't get on the Internet for almost free. So do a soul search.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
kim kardeshian is currently 38 and she's pursuing her law degree and u jus 24 and u talking about weda u are too old.wat of ppl who get their degrees in their 50s nko ? wen it comes to education there is no age boundary.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by harsysky(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:

Yes you are way too old to start all over. the reason is by the time you are through your mates would have been way ahead of you. Come to think of it, there are those who have attained a level and are no where near the elite group. in general, life is a risk, and it is those who take the bold step that come out victorious. this is your cross and it could be how you have been destined to succeed but if you are waiting for anyone or myself to give u the assurance to go on with your education, you may never succeed in life.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by CaptainMitch: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
You are not too old, my oldman and his close friend got their last LLB degrees in their fifties, learning never ends, I will going back to get a B.Sc degree soon and I am already in my late twenties.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Divay22(f): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
JeffSiberstein:
You are mad, I'm 26 and waiting for my jamb result.
Ahahahhah
No be fight o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by JasonScoolari: 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
Divay22:

Ahahahhah
No be fight o grin grin
Can you see what I have been telling you about that "evil spirit" grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Divay22(f): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Can you see what I have been telling you about that "evil spirit" grin

Yeah.
You're right. But you know everyone isn't the same.
What gonna get me worked up can get you to feel relax and not think about it.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by JasonScoolari: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Divay22:

Yeah.
You're right. But you know everyone isn't the same.
What gonna get me worked up can get you to feel relax and not think about it.
Stay happy always. kiss
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by wasiubello: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
Op I will give you this open secret, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (UNN) accepts lower credit in all its programs. I'm currently studying on one of the management courses, i gained admission through direct entry last year. It will surprise you to know that I'm the only person who got upper credit in my department and others are lower credit, not only in my department but all the departments. So quickly go and apply before the jamb DE form closes
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Divay22(f): 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Stay happy always. kiss
I will. Thanks dear
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by JasonScoolari: 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
Divay22:

I will. Thanks dear
You welcome beautiful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by doctuw(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
There is something you are not saying when you could conclude you are too old at 24 when your mates are still writing JAMB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5,000 Repentant Prostitutes Awarded Scholarship By Tansian University, Anambra / Lost But Found Credentials / Here Are The Pictures Winsomelady Took During Her Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.