Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Am I Too Old To Further My Education? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am I Too Old To Further My Education? (21172 Views)

I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University / Is A Female Of 23years Too Old To Start 100 Level In The University? / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by pland(m): 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
huslercross:
WOW!!!!
WE HAVE SAME THING IN COMMON.
BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT I FINISH MY NATIONAL DIPLOMA LAST YEAR AND AM PLANNING TO START A DEGREE COURSE.
I DONT WANT TO LEAVE MY JOB,SO I AM PLANNING TO START A PART TIME COURSE NEXT YEAR

That's very good and a right decision too. You can pursue your educational career and still keep your current job at the same time.

There's independent learning programme/distant programmes leading to the award of a genuinely recognised degree certificate.

For your B.Sc certificate/degree programmes, chat with me via whatsapp +234-8062927792
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by pland(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
saipn:
Kindly tell us why benin republic is not a better because of his msc plan abroad

Exactly, tell us; let's not create bad impression on what we know little or nothing about.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by saipn: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
Gerrard59:

There are no good schools in Benin Republic. Harsh but true. Many foreign universities have directives regarding the country where an applicant graduated from and the possibility of applying to study in the university. Chad, Benin Republic and Niger Republic are examples of such countries.

It will be a waste of money.
so in a nutshell foreign universities have blacklisted all the students that graduated from benin republic not to give them admission?
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by akinwun(m): 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
Do you wish to get direct entry and get your degree without hassle, apply to https://www.beninfo247.com/west-african-union-university-wauu/aff/1/ It is NUC accredited.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by saipn: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
pland:

Exactly, tell us; let's not create bad impression on what we know little or nothing about.
That was the reason why I said he should list the countries that blacklisted those that graduated from benin republic...
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Oshi5403(m): 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
24?
You Better Do The Needful

My Only Advice Is Dont Totally Forgo Or Sacrifice Your Handwork For Education.

Hoping Only On Edu.. Maybe For A White Collar Job Might End In Shambolb State If Proper Care Is Not Taken.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Gerrard59(m): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
saipn:
so in a nutshell foreign universities have blacklisted all the students that graduated from benin republic not to give them admission?

Reputable universities? Yes. Better Ghana which has quite a number of reputable universities. As bad as Nigeria is, no school in Benin Republic can be compared to a recognised institution in Nigeria.

pland:

OP intends pursuing his MSc abroad and reputable universities even in the UK (that loves foreign students' monies) don't accept degrees from Benin Republic.

This is from UCL, a world class university.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/taught-degrees/data-science-msc

Unless OP desires going to schools where anything goes, then he's free to head to Benin. However, if he decides to work after studies overseas, going to a reputable university aids such cause. If not, he'd find himself in Nigeria immediately after his studies in a "university where anything goes". Also remember that he'd likely sponsor himself and should get value for money.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Ruona98: 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:
Hello guys I would be 24 in August. I really want to further my education more. I got my National Diploma in 2016 with Lower credit but I went to hustle instead of furthering more. Now I don't want to go to polytechnic, I want get my degree.

My plan is to go for Msc abroad after getting my degree. I am contemplating on 3 options now.

1. thinking of going to private university in Benin Rep (it's an accredited uni) because of their fast programme.

2. Or do DE to a university in Nigeria.

3. Or forget about getting degree..

Can I go for Masters in America or Europe with a Benin Rep degree? And which university can I go for DE with Lower credit in Nigeria (even a private uni?). Please I am getting depressed on this, I am regretting my late decision but I am the one sponsoring myself so hustle first.
Please I need a serious advice, this is my future..
Am I too old for all these?

Oga, u still be small pikin
I was 30 when I had my bsc
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Teetop22(f): 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
zod404:
Don't even think of giving up. You're not old at all, you will understand this when are you visit the university. You'll find those older than you. Check departments like law, medicine and others. You may even find those that are old enough to give birth to you.
Fulfilment should be your drive. I'm in your shoes too (even older than you), but I'm not going to give up, I'll keep trying until I get what I want.
Concerning your admission, you can try the three options. Consider writing another utme too.
seriously same here I'm a lady even more than 24yrs no money tho. But I'm not thinking of giving up cause of that. Because I've seen how life without education looks like. It's really bitter. I wish us all the best.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by zod404(m): 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
Teetop22:
seriously same here I'm a lady even more than 24yrs no money tho. But I'm not thinking of giving up cause of that. Because I've seen how life without education looks like. It's really bitter. I wish us all the best.
All the best to us
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by sweetilicious(f): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
Tundexxy:
Run at your own pace..
Exactly.Your timeline is very important.You can achieve anything you set out for with determination at any age.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Thane(m): 12:15am On Apr 26, 2019
Gerrard59:

Well, I believe in determination and perseverance. He should not use his condition as a yardstick for not aiming high. Think about it, after graduating from a university (hopefully in Nigeria and federal one), how does he intend to sponsor himself to any reputable foreign university aside scholarships and assistantships? Now, what better way is there to being qualified and favoured for these financial assistance?

That he graduated with a lower class should even propel him to finish excellently. And no, it's not impossible not to finish top as a self sponsored student, many have done it and I know quite a number. That alone is a reason to finish top.

Well its good to be optimistic sir, i was only talking out of experience because i passed through that path too. Work/hustle clashing with tests and exams not to say of lectures. Lectures were luxuries to me then. Many people have done it before tho and i wish him the best
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by frozen70(f): 7:09am On Apr 26, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:
Hello guys I would be 24 in August. I really want to further my education more. I got my National Diploma in 2016 with Lower credit but I went to hustle instead of furthering more. Now I don't want to go to polytechnic, I want get my degree.

My plan is to go for Msc abroad after getting my degree. I am contemplating on 3 options now.

1. thinking of going to private university in Benin Rep (it's an accredited uni) because of their fast programme.

Can I go for Masters in America or Europe with a Benin Rep degree? And which university can I go for DE with Lower credit in Nigeria (even a private uni?). Please I am getting depressed on this, I am regretting my late decision but I am the one sponsoring myself so hustle first.

At 24yrs, you are very young at age to build your educational carier

Since you are the one hustling, how will you cope with education and hustling with one affecting the other especially if its regular or conventional university ❓

Am glad you want to further your education, both here and abroad, but I don't know how recognised the Benin Republic degree certificate is abroad ❓

You are still on track and you have not missed much, so you can still fix up yourself

While you do your hustling, save some money and either plan to go on regular study or part time,

Be focused in anything you do because after this time, you might not fit in again

If you think you can afford going abroad to further your studies, go ahead with the plan, it will pay you more by working and studying there in a more conducive environment

Finally, there is no time, so get focused and don't get distracted⚫
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Isabellove: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2019
NapoleonBonapor:

You young well! well!! You have all the opportunities in the world. You can achieve anything.
1. I honestly don't know if those certificates are acceptable abroad.

2. Now, most top rate universities in Nigeria might not accept a lower credit for a direct entry but that's not a problem.

3. You are not too old to go get a degree at all. I don't know what part of Nigeria you leave in but have you considered going for a part-time programme? You might have to start from year one but you'll be able to continue working. Another advantage is that, when you're completing your degree, you would already have the required years of working experience to pursue your masters. I was 25 when I went in for part-time at Unilag (a 5 year course), cos I had to see myself and my sibling through school and help my mum also. Now, I'm 40 and By His Grace, I'm doing well. I even went back to Unilag for my Masters and have done some professional exams also.

Your case is a very easy one. There is no need to be depressed at all and don't be scared to start from year one. Just ensure you start now so you can finish by age 31 or 32 and the sky will just be the beginning for you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by joema443: 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
No time is too late for self development. By the grace of God, at 46yrs of age I decided to go back to university via direct entry, for my BSC. I'm now in 500L. Many of my friends are questioning my reasons for this but, I believe anyone that stops learning in life, is moving slowly to his grave....
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by bravesoul247(m): 12:28am On Apr 27, 2019
LOSKYXANDER:
If you have enough money, don't school in Nigeria! I repeat don't school in Nigeria!! See if you can get admission into a Canadian college for a diploma course that is affiliated with a canadian university. After your diploma program, you will start from 3rd year in the university en route BSC degree in the affiliated university. Diploma courses in Canada are quite cheap. Besides you get 3 yr work visa and can upgrad your status to permanent
how much is the diploma course in Canada?
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by bravesoul247(m): 12:40am On Apr 27, 2019
xyz123456:
Guy, Go for ICT/Software online degree. Now more useful than Bsc.
abeg, do you have any link I could visit for the online degree?
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by bravesoul247(m): 12:50am On Apr 27, 2019
pland:
No, you're not late to further your educational career, as a matter of fact, you're young at 24.

Go for a B.Sc degree via direct entry with your ND.

Since you already have ND certificate; if it's Art, Social sciences or Mgt course that you studied, you will spend 4 semesters only, if given admission to study in any of the approved and accredited private Universities in Benin Republic.

Yes of course, a GENUINELY acquired certificate degree from any private University with good repute from Benin Republic can secure you admission any where, be it in Europe, USA, etc; and I say this with prove to show.

Some people need to understand this fact, that the issue of "substandard" education is NOT peculiar to Benin Republic alone. Even in Nigeria, University graduates are being churning out yearly with some of the graduands unable to justify the certificate they acquired. Substandard, be it in education or in anything at all, it's a global challenge, and no country should be summarily condemned, or people be discouraged from fulfilling their quest for a University admission placement from any where they choose to, so long as the necessary info and details needed to go to that place are satisfactory. Agreed, there are a couple of Universities that are engaged in some unethical practices, be it in Benin Republic, be it in Nigeria, even in UK or USA, but definitely not all the Universities in Benin Republic, in Nigeria or any part of the world are to be adjudged as being substandard as a result of a default by any other University.

I'm a University stake holder in Benin Republic, I could assist if you want. Please, this is a genuine gesture.

For admission, contact me if you're convinced and comfortable: call +229-61407292

Whatsapp +234-8062927792
do you guys do Bsc conversion?
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by bravesoul247(m): 12:51am On Apr 27, 2019
Oluwaseyi00:

Have you heard of JPTS??

You can run your Bsc,MSC,Mph and P.hD with them both online and offline. By online I mean you can continue working and at the same time be schooling.

The duration for their Bsc is 3yrs and you'd be awarded a foreign certificate from a list of accredited universities of your choice and you'll also be eligible for NYSC.

You can contact me by replying this quote if you want more Information
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2019
bravesoul247:
tell me about this?

Reply this quote with your WhatsApp no.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by saipn: 8:43am On Apr 27, 2019
Gerrard59:

Reputable universities? Yes. Better Ghana which has quite a number of reputable universities. As bad as Nigeria is, no school in Benin Republic can be compared to a recognised institution in Nigeria.

OP intends pursuing his MSc abroad and reputable universities even in the UK (that loves foreign students' monies) don't accept degrees from Benin Republic.

This is from UCL, a world class university.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/taught-degrees/data-science-msc

Unless OP desires going to schools where anything goes, then he's free to head to Benin. However, if he decides to work after studies overseas, going to a reputable university aids such cause. If not, he'd find himself in Nigeria immediately after his studies in a "university where anything goes". Also remember that he'd likely sponsor himself and should get value for money.
lol you only mentioned ucl what happened to other good universities in UK?what about Canada and USA? I know a lot there graduates that are currently doing there post graduate in all these countries...
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by bravesoul247(m): 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Oluwaseyi00:

Reply this quote with your WhatsApp no.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Gerrard59(m): 7:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
saipn:
lol you only mentioned ucl what happened to other good universities in UK?what about Canada and USA? I know a lot there graduates that are currently doing there post graduate in all these countries...

Good then. But he has to do very well in his program in Nigeria.
Re: Am I Too Old To Further My Education? by Thehatman: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
No.....you are not too old. So far you are fully convinced that this is what you want, go for it and you shall be happy for it.

It is usually said "It is better late than never."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benjamin Marcus Graduates As Best Student From Knutsford University Ghana / WAEC GCE Result 2017 Is Out, 26% Passed | See How To Check Result Here / The Situation In Queens College Is A Public Health Emergency -chidi Odinkalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.