Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming (649 Views)

Bitter Truth About Snail Farming / Let's Start Saying The Truth About Snail's / Facts About Snail Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming by DaddyProf(m): 1:15am On Apr 26, 2019
There are so many journals about snail farming than are snails in the market today. So many writers and teachers of the business than the farmers themselves. Most of these journals and trainers either by act of omission or commission proffer information that are either fallacious, incomplete or misleading.
As a snailpreneur, I elect to correct some of these fallacies. For instance:
They told you that snails farming is very lucrative and you will make millions of Naira within a short time but what they did not tell you is that " it will require patience and a lot of hardwork.
Okay yes, it is very lucrative but you need to put in time and efforts in ensuring that your snails are comfortable in terms of temperature control. you have to source for and provide food for them twice a day. Remove leftover food, provide them with a hiding place by placing banana, plantain or coconut leaves in the pen, etc. Now, that takes a lot of work.
My point is ( which is the purpose of this thread) " without trying to discourage you from going into snail farming, you should be told all the truth about it so that you will be better positioned to get it right once you venture into it. For I have seen a lot of people go into this our very sweet and profitable business ill -armed, record looses and get discouraged. That should not be allowed to continue in this harsh economy where money is hard to come by. Stay with me as I unveil more home truths about snail farming.

2 Likes

Re: What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming by castro(m): 4:01am On Apr 27, 2019
I've been thinking of starting a snail farm on a small scale but I'm glad someone is willing to share his experience. I'm interested in your views @ OP
Re: What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming by 4pristineglobal: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kindly let the information flow, am following
Re: What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming by DaddyProf(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2019
Point No. 2: Did they tell you that snails too fall sick?
No, I am sure they didn't either because they don't know or they don't want to scare you. 80% of "Snailpreneurs" ( name coined by me) don't know because the are not practicing farmers but arm chair internet farmers who research from other snail e-book publishers.
Snails fall sick too!!! This is because just like every other animals, they also possess complete anatomy ( immune system inclusive) so they too suffer from immune system breakdown, invasion by foreign bodies ( germs, virus, fungus, etc) and infections, etc.

1 Like

Re: What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming by DaddyProf(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2019
Next, I will tell you how to spot a sick snail and what to do. Stay tuned!!
Re: What They Did Not Tell You About Snail Farming by Babakolanut(m): 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
Thanks for saying the truth bro,do you have point of lay snails and where is your farm located? Update me on whatsapp +2349034612092

(1) (Reply)

Why Solar Drying? / Is Fish Farming Lucrative? / High Yield Dwarf Coconut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.