Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 (7108 Views)

Infinix S4 Or Samsung A20 Which One Should I Go For / Infinix S4 Or Samsung Galaxy A20 / Samsung A20, Infinix Hot 7 Pro, Infinix S4 Or Infinix Note 5, Best Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 9:48am On Apr 28, 2019
XS4 (32mp selfie camera... ladies favourite but it's been proven that it is not by mp.. What's new and interesting here is the additional 120 degrees wide angle which has more coverage from a single shot than the normal camera)

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2019
Same battery for both

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2019
RN7 top with a very very very tiny almost-not-noticeable led notification light at the bottom

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 10:05am On Apr 28, 2019
XS4 top no led notification

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2019
RN7
colour and sleekness (has gorilla glass but I've seen ladies with Samsung cracked gorilla screens)

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2019
XS4
no gorrila screen

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2019
RN7 about 58k
XS4 (32g variant) about 50k
R7 is cheaper forty something k.

I feel the lady with XS4 will feel flyer than the one with R7 considering the camera, glossy look and functionality even brand name. Hence I was contemplating between RN7 and XS4.

Regarding durability, it depends on the hand of the person handling the phone.

nb: xiaomi isn't registered in naija
Infinix is.

Meaning hard to find sales outlets thus the liklihood of purchasing fake in a xiaomi box exists. Just saying. Also if anything happens to your xiaomi, OYO is your case unlike infinix products.

So I decided to go for Xs4

1 Like

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by fibonacci2526: 11:29am On Apr 28, 2019
biznus:
RN7 about 58k
XS4 (32g variant) about 50k
R7 is cheaper forty something k.

I feel the lady with XS4 will feel flyer than the one with R7 considering the camera, glossy look and functionality even brand name. Hence I was contemplating between RN7 and XS4.

Regarding durability, it depends on the hand of the person handling the phone.

nb: xiaomi isn't registered in naija
Infinix is.

Meaning hard to find sales outlets thus the liklihood of purchasing fake in a xiaomi box exists. Just saying. Also if anything happens to your xiaomi, OYO is your case unlike infinix products.

So I decided to go for Xs4

Comparison is flawed, yes Xiaomi has launched in Nigeria and there is an outlet in CV.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Comparison is flawed, yes Xiaomi has launched in Nigeria and there is an outlet in CV.
explain clearly what you mean by launched vs registered. What do you mean by AN outlet? Where is CV? Is it everywhere? Why is the lady in the above attached screen shot asking for Rn7 screen to be SHIPPED fa from Ali...
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by fibonacci2526: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2019
biznus:
explain clearly what you mean by launched vs registered. What do you mean by AN outlet? Where is CV? Is it everywhere? Why is the lady in the above attached screen shot asking for Rn7 screen to be SHIPPED fa from Ali...

When you visit your calcare, do they always have replacement parts available? Or are you telling me they stock all parts? The number of days it will take that lady to get her screen from alixpress will be less than if an infinix part needs to be ordered. So unless you are telling me calcare have all parts available, your arguement is flawed.

10 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Itzneowizy(m): 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2019
Carlcare far self......before u go into about 3-4 stores of mobile phone repairers you'll definitely get the part u need for infinix...but Xiaomi...well it's upcoming... It'll get to that stage eventually just not yet but gradually...I'm in Delta i can't travel to lagos cuz i want to repair my phone or start ordering from aliexpress and waiting for about 20 days or more
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by mindtricks: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jokerman:
Please tech and phone gurus in the house, I'm kinda confused about what phone amongst these two I should get for my wife on her birthday next week..

These are the specs I'm looking out for

Camera quality (selfie and rear)
Battery
Durability (screen, panels etc)
Performance

Thank you guys... Thanks

Xiaomi if you like what is good.
If you listen to paid online marketers of Infinix, well it's your choice.

1 Like

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by mindtricks: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Carlcare far self......before u go into about 3-4 stores of mobile phone repairers you'll definitely get the part u need for infinix...but Xiaomi...well it's upcoming... It'll get to that stage eventually just not yet but gradually...I'm in Delta i can't travel to lagos cuz i want to repair my phone or start ordering from aliexpress and waiting for about 20 days or more

Rather wierd to call Xiaomi "upcoming".
Countless number of people using the Xiaomi phone which thread is number one on this forum, doesnt it say something to you?
Why will you worry about repairing a phone so ruggedly built like Xiaomi when you have not even started using it, you think it same same crappy quality as Infinix? Xiaomi hardly develops faults/require repairs which is common with Infinix please.

The poster deserves to have some truth and to enjoy which is good abeg.
Now that they entered naija, by the time Xiaomi finishes with all these so called local champions, sorry go be their name.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by mindtricks: 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
biznus:

Whatever you say, just know it's game over for you guys. All those petty arguements amount to nothing.
I pity many who wil lose their jobs, unless, you suddenly wake up and begin getting your acts right.
Even at that, Xiaomi,one of the biggest global brands will still be hard to defeat.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Itzneowizy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
mindtricks:

Countless number of people using the Xiaomi phone which thread is number one on this forum, doesnt it say something to you?
Why will you worry about repairing a phone so ruggedly built like Xiaomi when you have not even started using it, you think it same same crappy quality as Infinix? Xiaomi hardly develops faults/require repairs which is common with Infinix please.

Now that they entered naija, by the time Xiaomi finishes with all these so called local champions, sorry go be their name.
Lol...don't get me wrong...i wanted to go for this brand really..believe me... I almost contacted a seller on this forum...a lot of persons on this forum use the brand no doubt...hell there's even a thread for it......BUT i considered a lot of things

(1) Buying the fone long before now was stressful enough even if u contacted a seller you'd have to wait for days....that's not a problem now since they are in Nigeria
(2) i know am very careful with my fone...but i could give it to someone now and boom!!!....lot of things could go wrong...Screen, touch pad etc....it happened in my Friend's case..someone else wrecked the guys phone..
In that scenario...being that i stay in Delta...bro i can't travel all the way to Lagos cuz i want to repair my phone...or start making orders from overseas...too stressfull and ish....I might even be careless once in a while....the phone's is rugged not indestructible

It'll take lot of time for me Xiaomi to get it's outlets and branches nationwide a whole lot longer for local phone repairers to get a hold of their parts and accessories....see? Unlike infinix...i want repairs..it's readily available....
That's why i said it's (xiaomi) upcoming.... Believe me alot of Nigerians and phone repairers need time to accept and recognize this Epihany of xiaomi phones

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by mindtricks: 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
it depends on how the user's usage tho.....but like they will say, calcare is there for you,and parts are readily available .....
But to me,its redmi7 I will go for
grin Meshach, you ehn!
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2019
mindtricks:

grin Meshach, you ehn!
what have I done again ooooo grin
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by mindtricks: 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Lol...don't get me wrong...i wanted to go for this brand really..believe me... I almost contacted a seller on this forum...a lot of persons on this forum use the brand no doubt...hell there's even a thread for it......BUT i considered a lot of things

(1) Buying the fone long before now was stressful enough even if u contacted a seller you'd have to wait for days....that's not a problem now since they are in Nigeria
(2) i know am very careful with my fone...but i could give it to someone now and boom!!!....lot of things could go wrong...Screen, touch pad etc....it happened in my Friend's case..someone else wrecked the guys phone..
In that scenario...being that i stay in Delta...bro i can't travel all the way to Lagos cuz i want to repair my phone...or start making orders from overseas...too stressfull and ish....I might even be careless once in a while....the phone's is rugged not indestructible

It'll take lot of time for me Xiaomi to get it's outlets and branches nationwide a whole lot longer for local phone repairers to get a hold of their parts and accessories....see? Unlike infinix...i want repairs..it's readily available....
That's why i said it's (xiaomi) upcoming.... Believe me alot of Nigerians and phone repairers need time to accept and recognize this Epihany of xiaomi phones

.... I hear you!
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
I'm back. interesting responses. Though disappointing. I don't just talk,I demonstrate. probably why they bethink me a paid inifinix seller. For the record, I'm a Samsung fan. But at a time after seeing what budget phones are offering for lesser cost, I became not only disappointed but angry. So I switched to budget phones and my first budget phone was inifinix note 5.

I'm considering buying a new phone for a lady. I was pleased with the specs of infinix S4. And then I saw the thread on xiaomi. That was my first time hearing xiaomi despite checking all outlets for choice phones. I was amazed at the recommendation on here nairaland. I became really interested in RN7... So I decided to check it out.

First I checked our usual Nigerian phone YouTubers: Eric, Fisayo and Misstechy but... nada; there's no review on xiaomi except for Misstechy's archive where she had one... but she said the phone is great but "IT IS NON OF MY BUSINESS" because it is not officially here in naija. Then I understood what the ish was. So I had to check out Indian YouTubers. That was when I saw the review I posted here.

1) A YouTuber also from gsmareana showed how its durability was demonstrated on YouTube by xiaomi guys using the RN7 screen to crack wall nuts. . but the phone reviewer in his own words said: "NOT SURE HOW THAT TRANSLATES TO REAL LIFE THOUGH". Yeah the funny thing is that no nairalander can demonstrate that durability live can they? Use your Rn7 screen to crack a walnut. No Indian YouTuber doing the unboxing review tried it. Hummm...

2) Personally I don't like the interface. The icons looking so somehow to me tbh. They need to up their game on that. Leaving Samsung ivex small for infinix interface but they are better in comparison with Xiaomi Rn7.
She won't be proud to flaunt that kain interface na. If you talk they will say snapdragon this durability that. She ain't a gamer. ladies love movies and pics. plus I attached a screen shot of a lady asking how she can get Rn7 screen already fa. So?

3) The sim tray. For what na. you know ladies like media: pics, movies... so if they are to put sd card then just one sim? why na?

4) I also had to check the dedicated xiaomi thread, I observed it is filled with xiaomi sellers. To get xiaomi now you have to patronise individuals. I wondered if that was the reason for the hype and plenty recommendations on Nairaland? I read a comment where one bought a fake. Very risky. I don't know how to function that way. patronizing individuals. All these discouraged me amongst other reasons. PDP won elections on Nairaland but how did that translate to real life?

Therefore, for me it is not enough that xiaomi has "launched in naija" they have to be well settled like other budget brands. So they're that good and they had to wait until now? Haba...

Finally, there's nothing as good as a healthy competition. It will help my pocket last last by forcing prices down.

So I demonstrated my reason for opting for Xs4 currently: availability accessibility clean sleek glossy etc Anyone who is to counter my demonstration must do so with convincing demonstration not ranting. Talking about people losing jobs is hilarious because it clearly betrays you as a xiaomi pre seller.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2019
mindtricks:

Flawed statement. The person who told me about infinix has used inifinix over a year without ish. Then check the attached screen shot below.

It all depends. Stop making lopsided points like a pre seller.

I genuinely wanted clear cut responses from xiaomi fans but with what I'm getting here kaiii...

Until xiaomi finally settles down here, your responses are reminiscent of nothing but MMM.

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Mykcool(m): 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
biznus:
I'm back. interesting responses. Though disappointing. I don't just talk,I demonstrate. probably why they bethink me a paid inifinix seller. For the record, I'm a Samsung fan. But at a time after seeing what budget phones are offering for lesser cost, I became not only disappointed but angry. So I switched to budget phones and my first budget phone was inifinix note 5.

I'm considering buying a new phone for a lady. I was pleased with the specs of infinix S4. And then I saw the thread on xiaomi. That was my first time hearing xiaomi despite checking all outlets for choice phones. I was amazed at the recommendation on here nairaland. I became really interested in RN7... So I decided to check it out.

First I checked our usual Nigerian phone YouTubers: Eric, Fisayo and Misstechy but... nada; there's no review on xiaomi except for Misstechy's archive where she had one... but she said the phone is great but "IT IS NON OF MY BUSINESS" because it is not officially here in naija. Then I understood what the ish was. So I had to check out Indian YouTubers. That was when I saw the review I posted here.

1) A YouTuber also from gsmareana showed how its durability was demonstrated on YouTube by xiaomi guys using the RN7 screen to crack wall nuts. . but the phone reviewer in his own words said: "NOT SURE HOW THAT TRANSLATES TO REAL LIFE THOUGH". Yeah the funny thing is that no nairalander can demonstrate that durability live can they? Use your Rn7 screen to crack a walnut. No Indian YouTuber doing the unboxing review tried it. Hummm...

2) Personally I don't like the interface. The icons looking so somehow to me tbh. They need to up their game on that. Leaving Samsung ivex small for infinix interface but they are better in comparison with Xiaomi Rn7.
She won't be proud to flaunt that kain interface na. If you talk they will say snapdragon this durability that. She ain't a gamer. ladies love movies and pics. plus I attached a screen shot of a lady asking how she can get Rn7 screen already fa. So?

3) The sim tray. For what na. you know ladies like media: pics, movies... so if they are to put sd card then just one sim? why na?

4) I also had to check the dedicated xiaomi thread, I observed it is filled with xiaomi sellers. To get xiaomi now you have to patronise individuals. I wondered if that was the reason for the hype and plenty recommendations on Nairaland?[b] I read a comment where one bought a fak[/b]e. Very risky. I don't know how to function that way. patronizing individuals. All these discouraged me amongst other reasons. PDP won elections on Nairaland but how did that translate to real life?

Therefore, for me it is not enough that xiaomi has "launched in naija" they have to be well settled like other budget brands. So they're that good and they had to wait until now? Haba...

Finally, there's nothing as good as a healthy competition. It will help my pocket last last by forcing prices down.

So I demonstrated my reason for opting for Xs4 currently: availability accessibility clean sleek glossy etc Anyone who is to counter my demonstration must do so with convincing demonstration not ranting. Talking about people losing jobs is hilarious because it clearly betrays you as a xiaomi pre seller.
the guy didn't buy a fake phone, a screen protector was placed on it .
As for the issue of storage , there's one with 128gb , I'm quite sure a lot of people don't even have uptown that on their current phones (SD card + inbuilt storage combined)
For the UI, I personally don't like it but that's why there's a theme app to change to something different.
I don't use a xiaomi but I've recommended it to people, and they've been excited about their phones.

The guy saying something about sending phone from Delta to Lagos, you don't need to do that naa, Robinson plaza guys can handle this phone very well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Mykcool(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
biznus:

Flawed statement. The person who told me about infinix has used inifinix over a year without ish. Then check the attached screen shot below.

It all depends. Stop making lopsided points like a pre seller.

I genuinely wanted clear cut responses from xiaomi fans but with what I'm getting here kaiii...

Until xiaomi finally settles down here, your responses are reminiscent of nothing but MMM.
you picked on the only negative review , thats quite unfair . There have been more positive reviews than negative ones.

Please I'm just an admirer of the product, I don't force people against their wish . I believe it's like a debate if I can't convince you then I let it go.

You also need to correct the notion that most people on the Xiaomi thread are sellers, there are just a handful of sellers (about 6 or 7 of them if I'm correct), the others are just people trying to assist from their experience. I think that thread gives more solutions to problems than any other mobile brand thread

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
Mykcool:
the guy didn't buy a fake phone, a screen protector was placed on it .
As for the issue of storage , there's one with 128gb , I'm quite sure a lot of people don't even have uptown that on their current phones (SD card + inbuilt storage combined)
For the UI, I personally don't like it but that's why there's a theme app to change to something different.
I don't use a xiaomi but I've recommended it to people, and they've been excited about their phones.

The guy saying something about sending phone from Delta to Lagos, you don't need to do that naa, Robinson plaza guys can handle this phone very well.

I like this response. Appreciated
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by biznus: 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Mykcool:
you picked on the only negative review , thats quite unfair . There have been more positive reviews than negative ones.
EXACTLY! You're making my points for me.
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Mykcool(m): 11:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
biznus:

every brand always have a negative review, but the negative and positive reviews have to be weighed
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Gurusrom: 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
https://www.gurusrom.net/x609infinix-smart-2-hd-stock-rom-download/

[X609]Infinix Smart 2 HD Stock ROM download

Dear XFans,

Smart 2 HD latest ROM was released, enjoy your upgrading!

Please read below 2 threads carefully before you get started.

Flash ROM ( Full package, update with flash tool )

Upload date: Jan 17, 2019 Release Note

X609-H8025AB-GO-181227V149

X609B-H8025C-GO-181227V129

T-Card Update

Upload date: Jan 17, 2019 Release Note

X609-H8025AB-GO-181227V149

X609B-H8025C-GO-181227V129How to upgrade
First, you should check your build number.
Go to Settings>>About phone(at bottom of the page)>>Build number

Notes:
1. Please remember to back up your personal files before you update the new operating system.
2. Please strictly follow the instruction to update the new operating system.
3. If some issue happens, you can contact the local after-sales service center to get help.
Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:40am On Apr 29, 2019
biznus:

btw...she said the phone fell into water

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Mykcool(m): 8:41am On Apr 29, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
btw...she said the phone fell into water
I don't think he followed through on the posts, he should try and make a follow up

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by Manuella4ace: 10:37am On May 01, 2019
biznus:

4) I also had to check the dedicated xiaomi thread, I observed it is filled with xiaomi sellers. To get xiaomi now you have to patronise individuals. I wondered if that was the reason for the hype and plenty recommendations on Nairaland? I read a comment where one bought a fake. Very risky. I don't know how to function that way. patronizing individuals. All these discouraged me amongst other reasons. PDP won elections on Nairaland but how did that translate to real life?

This guy is just saying trash, redmi 5plus beats this rubbish infinix hands down.

Talking about icon, stop saying things you're not sure of.
I'll upload a screenshot of my screen at least you should see my icon.

I've used redmi 5a, then I used redmi 5 without being disappointed, the I upgraded to redmi note 5, no disappointment, now I upgraded to redmi note 7 pro, and I can proudly say am fully satisfied with xiaomi product, if you see all my old phones they seems to be like brand new, I gift them all to my sisters and my wife, and there have never been a complain.

My sister mistakenly her redmi 5a fell into a bucket of water, she just has to put it inside a bag of rice for 2days and the phone works perfectly.

Go for redmi 7, it's durable, value for money, it's a baby beast.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by zainkay: 10:52am On May 01, 2019
Manuella4ace:

This guy is just saying trash, redmi 5plus beats this rubbish infinix hands down.

Talking about icon, stop saying things you're not sure of.
I'll upload a screenshot of my screen at least you should see my icon.

I've used redmi 5a, then I used redmi 5 without being disappointed, the I upgraded to redmi note 5, no disappointment, now I upgraded to redmi note 7 pro, and I can proudly say am fully satisfied with xiaomi product, if you see all my old phones they seems to be like brand new, I gift them all to my sisters and my wife, and there have never been a complain.

My sister mistakenly her redmi 5a fell into a bucket of water, she just has to put it inside a bag of rice for 2days and the phone works perfectly.

Go for redmi 7, it's durable, value for money, it's a baby beast.
The guy nah mumu

2 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by bigdot1759(m): 11:09am On May 01, 2019
Danicomrade:
S4 has a better rear camera except if u want to buy redmi note 7 bt redmi 7 3gip ram is cheaper with a better processer so i say redmi 7
so are u telling me d camera powered by helio p22 will be beta dan camera powered by Sd632? Den u know notin about fone.
Op go with redmi 7 either 3/32gb or 4/64

3 Likes

Re: Please Help... Infinix S4 Or Xiaomi Redmi 7 by mindtricks: 12:07pm On May 01, 2019
biznus:

Happy to quote this your long epistle.
Really sweets my Belle.

Please hurry, go
and buy your beloved Infinix. Look no further, it must be the "better" the vice.
Make your self happy my dear grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drop Unedited Picture Of Your Phone Let's See The Best Camera / BEST PHOTO EDIT YOU'D FIND ON NAIRALAND / MTN Surprises Customers With FREE 15GB This Surprise Season - See Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.