Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Is Chemical Engineering Really In Top Demand Among Other Engineering Fields - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Chemical Engineering Really In Top Demand Among Other Engineering Fields (783 Views)

Switching From Chemistry To Chemical Engineering / Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chemical Engineering Really In Top Demand Among Other Engineering Fields by fabbiano77(m): 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Chemical Engineering is one of the most wide and broad area of Engineering that cut across processes of virtually everything that has to do with raw material to finished consumerable & non-consumerable product. Even in the field of medicine and pharmacy, genetics is still finds its purpose, even in law and banking & accounting since it has also to do with material balance as well as account balancing or auditing. But surprisingly in Nigeria is one of the most relegated Engineering field among its counterpart like electrical, civil and mechanical engineering. It's not hard to find since Nigeria is not a fully industrialized nation, hence the shortfall in the recognition of Chemical Engineering. I'm not writing this epistle because maybe am in that field, though one key thing about chemical Engineering is one Engineering course anyone can startup on various local production of some useable products at a very low cost of production unlike other Engineering field that are fully industrial or high cost of startup capital,(capital-intensive) and may not be necessarily need the industrial help no matter how small the proceed accrues unlike other fields of Engineering. Most times Chemical Engineers in Nigeria always believed on that mindset that their course it's entailed solely to Oil and gas industries and often got disappointed when the oil industries source more for mechanical and electrical and less on Chemical, petrochemical and even Petroleum thereby leaving those in that field in search of jobs and you must be exceptionally good if you even considered at all especially when you are vying those positions with expatriates and Nigerian- oversea trained graduates whom they felt have better qualifications and world-class knowledge more than you thanks to our higher institutions and government. Well to summarize the whole story, though most of my colleagues regretted ever trolling the path of Chemical Engineering but I will do it over again if possible without regrets. So do you think Chemical Engineering has a better chance in job employment compared to mechanical, civil, and electrical as it stands in Nigeria presently
Re: Is Chemical Engineering Really In Top Demand Among Other Engineering Fields by bolinjkezzy(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2019
fabbiano77:
Chemical Engineering is one of the most wide and broad area of Engineering that cut across processes of virtually everything that has to do with raw material to finished consumerable & non-consumerable product. Even in the field of medicine and pharmacy, genetics is still finds its purpose, even in law and banking & accounting since it has also to do with material balance as well as account balancing or auditing. But surprisingly in Nigeria is one of the most relegated Engineering field among its counterpart like electrical, civil and mechanical engineering. It's not hard to find since Nigeria is not a fully industrialized nation, hence the shortfall in the recognition of Chemical Engineering. I'm not writing this epistle because maybe am in that field, though one key thing about chemical Engineering is one Engineering course anyone can startup on various local production of some useable products at a very low cost of production unlike other Engineering field that are fully industrial or high cost of startup capital,(capital-intensive) and may not be necessarily need the industrial help no matter how small the proceed accrues unlike other fields of Engineering. Most times Chemical Engineers in Nigeria always believed on that mindset that their course it's entailed solely to Oil and gas industries and often got disappointed when the oil industries source more for mechanical and electrical and less on Chemical, petrochemical and even Petroleum thereby leaving those in that field in search of jobs and you must be exceptionally good if you even considered at all especially when you are vying those positions with expatriates and Nigerian- oversea trained graduates whom they felt have better qualifications and world-class knowledge more than you thanks to our higher institutions and government. Well to summarize the whole story, though most of my colleagues regretted ever trolling the path of Chemical Engineering but I will do it over again if possible without regrets. So do you think Chemical Engineering has a better chance in job employment compared to mechanical, civil, and electrical as it stands in Nigeria presently
No, its not

2 Likes

Re: Is Chemical Engineering Really In Top Demand Among Other Engineering Fields by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 11:29pm On Apr 28, 2019
One thing that cast doubt in the mind of our innocent ones considering Chemical Engr. As the choice of study is employability. Am a proud Chemical Engr. And I have not found it easy in job hunt. Am considering furthering my education with respect to my passion for this career pathway. Most of our Chm. Engrs. Are working in banks, setting up businesses and changing career pathway all in the search for income.
I pray God see us through in this country, and also give us leaders that knows the need for industrialization.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Grow Instagram Accounts / Help!!! I Waste My Data Too Much Without Making Enough Money / I Need Someone To Sponsor My Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.