Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? (821 Views)

N-power Beneficiaries Threaten To Go On Strike Over Non-Payment Of Allowances / BRT Drivers On Strike Over ‘unpaid Salary (pic) / Federal Civil Servants To Go On Strike Over Unpaid Promotion Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? by MrEgghead(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
We've seen and heard cases of how NMA, JOHESU and ASUU members hold the nation to ransom because they claim they deserve better working conditions and remunerations and most times, The Federal and state governments accede to their demands..

What will happen if Engineers in Civil service proceed on strike because I've not heard one before?

cc: lalasticlala
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? by Vyzz: 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
I will be sitting here
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? by tesseract: 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nothing will happen. The NSE has consistently proven to be an association whose usefulness is surplus to requirements. All they do is to hold meetings and conferences without any meaningful achievement to show in the country. They don't collectively support inventions and innovations by young people, inventors in the country are not even their members because they have ruined everything with politics. It's a shame.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
I guess structures will collapse... kiss
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? by Muyiwaipere(m): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nigeria will shutdown.....shebi na because NEPA still dey give una light abi
Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? by GodPunishBiafra: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2020
tesseract:
Nothing will happen. The NSE has consistently proven to be an association whose usefulness is surplus to requirements. All they do is to hold meetings and conferences without any meaningful achievement to show in the country. They don't collectively support inventions and innovations by young people, inventors in the country are not even their members because they have ruined everything with politics. It's a shame.

I couldn't agree more

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Nigerian Society Engineers Go On Strike??? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nothing will happen. Engineering is by far independent than all health professions I can say, Reason is that We don't beg government for money.(From all fields of engineering, Business field, estate management,architecture, Agriculture, science and some part of the JOHESU which includes optometry,physiotherapy and pharmacy are independent).NSE hands are tied believe it or not even though they are partakers of corruption.
The government focused more on health which is not even better considering the incessant strikes and left other fields dying. In fact Oga Doctor I suppose, Many of your colleagues dreams are to work for government and travel out. I can bet this.
The health is in shambles even though una dey strike.
ENGINEERING IS DIFFERENT AND WE NO DEY BEG FOR MONEY OOO.
Have you seen the accountants strike, agriculturists,engineers,optometry, pharmacy(Even though they are part of JOHESU)strike? Na we get money and we no dey beg. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Ne / Career Mentorship & Advice Thread. / Second Class 2:1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.