Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (57042 Views)

How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966 / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 / Aguiyi Ironsi & Babangida At A Reception In 1966 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
olril17:

SL akintola established oau yes or no?
you are a rabble rouser...you talk too much.

I have already addressed your question if only you read you fool. You jumped into this thread talking trash that akintola conceived OAU instead of you to admit your jumped without thinking, you are now trying to redefine the debate by talking establishment. This thread was not about under who OAu was established, that is merely an administrative detail significant though it was, but whose idea it was, if you go back to the original discussion.

You are simply arguing with yourself. Like I said you have problems with English comprehension.

University of Ife was not Akinola’s brainchild, even in other aspects of development of the western region there is nothing in historical records that shows Akintola as a man capable of such vision. He was simply a politician hungry for power and Awo’s deputy who succeeded him as premier and left to continue his master plan. Yoruba history is filled with turncoats and sellouts who claimed to be awo disciples and gained fame by following him only to sell out. Akintola was one of the first, there are others like omoboriowo and Babatope. History cannot remember them well because they cannot reap where they did not sow.

Ife came to be under his administration and that is as far as the credit he gets, don’t try to revise history. Akintola,s role in history if we must go there is as the man whose actions, greed and lust for power set in motion the chain of events that indirectly led to the fall of the 1st republic, the excuse for the military coups and why Nigeria’s progress was halted. It was the nonsense Akintola started in the western region that brought the country to its kness and Nzeogu used as an excuse for the 1st coup. The relatively minor way he is remembered even in OAU would tell anyone with a brain the level of Akinola’s role in the history of the University. Like I said Oluwasanmi who wasn’t even the 1st VC is given more honor and prominence for prosterity!!!!
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by emmasege: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
sarrki:
Awolowo is was a great man!!!!!

He has the interest of his people at heart

With numerous achievements

First television in Africa ( NTA Ibadan)

University of Ibadan

Free education

He’s a great man
University of Ibadan is a brainchild of the colonial masters while University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) is the brainchild of Late Awolowo.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by kjhova(m): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
Is04970:

Are you comfortable with an ugly coward leading 1 millions people to death and thereafter fleeing?

I am not sure that I get the point you intend to make. Nevertheless, the death toll represent all the lives lost on both sides, combatants and civilians. We don't need such carnage again in this country and I hope that the lessons of the 60's is enough to guide us as Nigerians of the modern era.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by NkayStory(f): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
seunmsg:

I agree with the part in bold. However, I know one coward who led over 2million of his people to death only to run to Ivory Coast when defeat was very obvious. We must always condemn people who lacks the strength and character to fight till the end.

Will you guys fall and die if you dont mention Ojukwu,Nnamdi Kanu or Igbos in your pathetic threads?...

You lots act like inconsequential middle-school girls no one pays attention to..Mentiining Igbos in your stuppid threads appears to give you lots the chance to jerk off with reckless abandon..

Bunch of quarrelsome market women calling themselves men undecided

*spits on you lots*
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by kayusely70(m): 12:00am On Nov 12, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]n
sarrki:
Awolowo is was a great man!!!!!

He has the interest of his people at heart

With numerous achievements

First television in Africa ( NTA Ibadan)

University of Ibadan

Free education

He’s a great man
You've spoken very well and intelligent too!
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Iamanoited: 1:27am On Nov 12, 2023
How was GOWON implicated in the DIMKA COUP?
DID GENERAL BISALA IMPLICATE HIM?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Storm Onitsha As Residents Hail Them (Video) / Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) / Soldiers Calm ENDSARS Protesters As They Defy Osun Government Curfew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.