Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (57040 Views)

How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966 / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 / Aguiyi Ironsi & Babangida At A Reception In 1966 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by imam07: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

But the Igbo coup plotters were all punished. Those that survived the civil war all served time in jail and were dismissed from the Army

But Murtala, despite conducting his coup, which was far more bloody, was promoted, had airports named after him and was even honoured with his face on currency. Murtala did even far worse.

Is it one rule for Northerners and another for Easterners?
punished? Or what did i hear u saying. Go back and read the history why there was a counter coup. Then u win know Ironsi punished the coup plotters.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by imam07: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

But the Igbo coup plotters were all punished. Those that survived the civil war all served time in jail and were dismissed from the Army

But Murtala, despite conducting his coup, which was far more bloody, was promoted, had airports named after him and was even honoured with his face on currency. Murtala did even far worse.

Is it one rule for Northerners and another for Easterners?
punished? Or what did i hear u saying. Go back and read the history why there was a counter coup. Then u win know Ironsi punished the coup plotters. Many of you don't really know what happened u only come online to argue. Also u are here telling us muritala coup was more bloody than Kaduna Nzeogwu. You better go and find somewhere to sleep. Is that what your father told you. Lies. It was not bloody to you ibos because no ibo man was killed in the coup. Many were killed in the west and north and u said it was not bloody. No wonder u argue blindly without facts. I wonder why you ibos did not see any fault in kaduna Nzeogwu coup. Nah waa for your tribe. You all argue based on the lies told by your forefathers.

3 Likes

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by legba1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2019
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]
awolowo is a rat poison king

Your two heroes ran with their tails between their legs...if he actually did drink rat poison....he was couragious.....cowards should hide their faces where such men are mentioned....plus no one compared to him in infrastructural development in their region.....none...if you care to mention from the yeast, do talk..am all ears

2 Likes

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by dalass(f): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

No matter who started it first, it still does not take away the fact that Murtala Mohammed was a cold blooded murderer
All soldiers are trained to kill. Most if not all do so in cold blooded manner.
Deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Olawalesmarter(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Adolf Hitler's dead body was never found because there was no DNA testing back in 1945. The only credible info on that matter is that Hitler and his top commanders fled to Argentina n lived out their lives there, thatsba smart tiger.

The foolish fake pussy-tiger couldn't escape to British, rather he stayed back n killed himself.

Suicide is the greatest tool of cowards

Have you forgotten about the Hitler Suicide note that is being auction recently?

1 Like

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by GavelSlam: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
PHIPEX:
One thing I have come to know is that Nairaland owner and MOD are very pretentious. You push a tread of this nature to the front page, stand back and pretend you don't support tribalism as long as it supports your interest but when it goes against your interest you pretend to ban.

You seem to forget the power of internet and propaganda. Everyone can get sentimental and defend his interest but a big shame to the MOD. If you encourage tribalistic treads then you have no right to ban anyone that goes full tribalistic. In this social media age propaganda against any tribe will not hold, it'll be countered but Nigeria as a nation will suffer for it.

You've said it all.

The summary is that Nairaland has done more harm than good in nation building.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by gidgiddy: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
imam07:
punished? Or what did i hear u saying. Go back and read the history why there was a counter coup. Then u win know Ironsi punished the coup plotters. Many of you don't really know what happened u only come online to argue. Also u are here telling us muritala coup was more bloody than Kaduna Nzeogwu. You better go and find somewhere to sleep. Is that what your father told you. Lies. It was not bloody to you ibos because no ibo man was killed in the coup. Many were killed in the west and north and u said it was not bloody. No wonder u argue blindly without facts. I wonder why you ibos did not see any fault in kaduna Nzeogwu coup. Nah waa for your tribe. You all argue based on the lies told by your forefathers.

Murtalas coup claimed over 300 lives, Nzeogwus coup claimed 15. Which is greater, 300 or 15?

My question is simple. Why did Nigeria honor a coup plotter, war criminal that conducted the Asaba massacre and genocidal killer like Murtala Mohammed? He was put on the N20, an Airport was named after him, major highways have his name.

Why wasn't Nzeogwu and others given the same honour? They were all coup plotters that killed people at the end of the day.

So why was Murtala honoured for doing evil and not Nzeogwu?

1 Like

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by imam07: 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

Murtalas coup claimed over 300 lives, Nzeogwus coup claimed 15. Which is greater, 300 or 15?

My question is simple. Why did Nigeria honor a coup plotter, war criminal that conducted the Asaba massacre and genocidal killer like Murtala Mohammed? He was put on the N20, an Airport was named after him, major highways have his name.

Why wasn't Nzeogwu and others given the same honour? They were all coup plotters that killed people at the end of the day.

So why was Murtala honoured for doing evil and not Nzeogwu?
So u dey justify kaduna Nzeogwu coup because Nigeria govt honor muritala. Hmm two wrongs can't be right. Am not justifying muritala fot wht he did but before u condemn others for wrong did, first condemn your own. Since this argument , u never said kaduna Nzeogwu too bleeped up for plotting the first coup in Nigeria.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by AbaLion: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2019
sweetrace:

Majority of his kinsmen walked around post war ashamed of the atrocities they had committed especially under the sickest mind that was hitlers. Hitler believed in the superrace. Even though he did not meet a single criteria of said superrace. The black race was the most inferior in his books. Hitler’s hatred for Jews was not because he saw them as inferior, but was for political and economical reasons. In fact, he felt inferior to the Jews even though some claim he had their blood in him. You see why I said he won’t have reckoned with you as human. Hitler is one of the most hated men in history for just reasons. He was a coward. Please stop aggrandizing him. His quest would never have become a reality because he was not a warrior in the first place. Other conquerors like Ceaser, Alexandra the great...conquered territories for expansion, for fame, for even riches, but never with Hitler’s depravity.
He had very much less contact with blacks as they had with him. So, you could only imagine his mindset in hindsight. Although, I can't agree less with you of his uttermost maniacal inclination towards the Jews.
Don't be easily deceived by some public exhibition by some "so called" majority, for they worship in the "Berlin bunker" and the "Nazi salute" lives on with so little the world could do than cheap sanctioning. Afterall, Germans suffered as much extermination from Stalin but they've moved on some several decades ago.
Don't go deriding Hitler among his diehards, I warned you o.

-Lion
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by olajizz01(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
thatigboman:
are you yoruba or from kwara? Fulani slave
From what you wrote,someone will know that "ori e ti gbale,eje ti ta si e lopolo".

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by olajizz01(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
Westbestside:
Lol, her only achievement is nairaland likes she's getting here. She and her father keep talking of awolowo even after 30years of baba's death. Who will talk about her father 2hours after his death?
Too harsh,but she truely deserved it .
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by AbaLion: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2019
Born2Breed Born2Bleed:

I deliberately refrained from commenting on this thread after something was brought to my notice by those that matters.

You could have rant like a kid and make you silly point without mentioning my great Oba.

The mud is meant for pigs like you and I won't be dragged down to your level of stupidity.

Awo the idiotic criminal minded coupist maybe your god but to us he was nothing but a miserable frustrated tribalist and how he died was insignificant(rat poison, sniper,otapiapia idc)

Go ask your progenitors the reason Midwest decided to go on their own. Also ask them if you have any where most resources that made the Western region tick came from.

You dare mention my King,you son of many fathers from cursed generation of slaves and adulterous parents.

Who da fook is your Oba?.
He took instructions from the great Awo in obeisance, he played a subject to his superior, the great Oba Aderemi, so much so he dare not mutter a word.
Midwest independence from her parent West was a ploy by the British to reduce the growing influence of Awo as evidently being intimidated by his Anti imperialist & anti feudalistic persona.
Since you are a suckling child with a history of mental retardation, I rather should send you back to your progenitors and inquire of them, by the tiny little sense of historical accounts up their brains.. Perhaps, during regionalism, what was your political and economic capital? Zilch!.
By evaluation, what is the net worth of your tiny clannish backwater Edo state in terms of political or economic value?.. You die & collapse if no one feeds you from the center.

It is a fact that in the eyes of the world, in terms of authority and supremacy, your closet Oba will always take a backseat. But I must commend his only ever legacy of sexual prowess with legions of palace queens at his booty call.
*spits

-Lion

1 Like

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by sweetrace(f): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
AbaLion:

He had very much less contact with blacks as they had with him. So, you could only imagine his mindset in hindsight. Although, I can't agree less with you of his uttermost maniacal inclination towards the Jews.
Don't be easily deceived by some public exhibition by some "so called" majority, for they worship in the "Berlin bunker" and the "Nazi salute" lives on with so little the world could do than cheap sanctioning. Afterall, Germans suffered as much extermination from Stalin but they've moved on some several decades ago.
Don't go deriding Hitler among his diehards, I warned you o.

-Lion

The salute does not live on with his kinsmen. It lives on with white supremacists. They hate blacks completely.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by AbaLion: 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
sweetrace:

The salute does not live on with his kinsmen. It lives on with white supremacists. They hate blacks completely.
As much as the Jews hate blacks. They feel very strongly against you.

-Lion
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by johntolu: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Mbediogu:

At regional level he was incomparable to any but at federal level, he was abyssmally pitiable.

I am surprised you are holding a divergent view, from that held by your fathers, about Chief Awolowo's performance at the Federal government level.
Your fathers are of the belief that his singular masterstroke, as a non-military member, of the
Federal government, which he served, ended the mutiny by your fathers against the Nigerian state.
I can feel the pains and frustration of the Igbo Nation, after their misadventure of 67/70, which was brought to an end, by the tactical acumen of Chief Awolowo who, put an end to the feeding of the 'soldiers of the 'enemy of the Nigerian state.'
That singular act, according to your father's, broke the resistance of the Igbo Nation against the Nigerian state and not the guns of Muritala, The Black Scorpion or Obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Have you forgotten about the Hitler Suicide note that is being auction recently?

grin grin grin.

Even if it was his handwriting, He wrote it and left.

Hitler n his gang lived out their lives in Argentina.

It's another long story altogether
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
aribisala0:
thought he ran to BL0WJOB London via Jerusalem

He is talking of Ojukwu
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by aribisala0(m): 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2019
Blainz:

He is talking of Ojukwu
How many of these miscreants do yoou expect me to remember
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by olril17(m): 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
isthatso:

OAU was never an offshoot of UI. UI was owned by the federal government right from inception. University of Ife was conceived by Awolowo and owned by the Western government, just like ABU was owned by the Norther region and UNN Eastern region until the Gowon regine took over all universities in the early 1970s. Their temporary site was in ibadan while the ife campus was being constructed but that is as far as the connection with ibadan. University of Ife has more connection with ibadan poly (i beleive they shared their site as a temporary base) than it has with UI.....they have absolutely zero connection with UI and were never an offshoot and has no affiliation with UI.

Awolowo conceived Ife because the federal government at the time refused to establish more universities in the western region and Awolowo realised the west needed more universities to cope with the students who were graduating from his free education programmes. If you understand this you will know ife could never have been an offshoot because Ife was established in protest to the federal govt policy which he felt was shortchanging his people.
you are speaking nonsense...
awolowo never had anything to do with oau...its just revised history and most of u don't read.
university of Ife was conceived and established by chief S.L Akintola,premier of western region then.
all these apoda and their second hand history.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by olril17(m): 9:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
the act establishing university of Ife was passed by the western regional Parliament in 1961...and awolowo left as premier of western region in 1959..he lost out as prime minister to tafawa balewa December 1959..
amazingly akintola imprint has been wiped out and Mr awolowo is now credited for a university he never built.
lol.

1 Like

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
Westbestside:
And it is difficult for you to correct him and let see your correction mr linguistic.

Na advice I gave am o cheesy
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
olril17:

awolowo never had anything to do with oau...its just revised history and most of u don't read.
university of Ife was conceived and established by chief S.L Akintola,premier of western region then.

you clearly do not know your histroy, Awolowo conceived OAU, it was established under Akintola who suceeded Awo. You do not conceive a university today and establish it tommorow, Government is a continium. Buhari is building standard guage railways conceived under OBJ's regime. 4th mainland bridge was conceived many years ago, they have done the design but nothing has been done. If Sanwoolu decides to actually implement it are you going to say it was his conception?

Ife was Awo's brain child, Akintola was Awo's deputy and was only following Awos vision and masterplan for the region till he defected in 1962 after Ife had been established. Ife came into being i.e was established under Akintola but I dare you to google the internet and show me any official site or official literature that credits Akintola with the "conception" of Ife.

if Akintola was that important in ife's history (not that he isnt) why is it the first 2 (and biggest) male hostels are named after Awo and Fajuyi and the hall named after Akintola (Sports hall) is a smaller hall and wasnt named after him for decades...clearly an afterthought? Why was it named sports hall for so long and not Akintola from inception? Let me tell you why, because Awo was the visionary and Fajuyi did more for Ife than Akintola. Akintola established it, that is true but he was only following Awo's blueprint and Fajuyi was the one who provided the funds and gave Oluwasanmi his marching orders for the construction of the permanent site. Oluwasanmi despite not being the pioneer VC, had the library named after him because he was effectively the architect of what Ife eventually became. Awo, Oluwasanmi, Fajuyi did more for OAU than Akintola. What Akintola did was sign the law establishing ife as the sitting Premier. The conception, the leadership, the majority funding and the execution were not done by him although like I said I acknowledge that Ife came into existence under his leadership.

Just so i am clear, Awo conceived, Akintola established, Fajuyi funded, Oluwasanmi executed.

Understand the difference between Conception and established and maybe while you are it.......get some sense!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by johntolu: 1:28am On Apr 28, 2019
isthatso:

The ultimate test of a leader is the effect on his people. 60 years after he left power people are still talking about Awolowo's achievements. Gowon made him defacto vice president, leaders from other regions are still pointing to his acheivements. The way to answer these people is to ask them what is Ojukwu's legacy, what is kanu's legacy, which school did he build, which hospital did he build. tell them to point to the man whose life is better because Ojukwu was their leader. We in the west (including my father ) will point to millions who became engineers, lawyers, doctors etc because of Awolowo. We will point to Cocoa house, our road network, stadium, 1st televison in Africa, and so many 1sts etc etc etc etc because of Awo. This matter is simple, just tell them to point to what these leaders did for them. Calling someone coward or hero may make you feel good but name calling doesnt pay school fees, educate, lift people out of poverty or provide healthcare and roads.

One man they say is a hero but millions of his people died and suffered pyschological damage yet his own family and future generations are ok. Another man they say was a coward but none of his people died and millions got educated and lifted out of poverty. It's not rocket science!!!
End of discussion.
You just made my day, with your comment.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by johntolu: 2:06am On Apr 28, 2019
AbaLion:

None of your forefathers, dead or alive, who largely were beneficiaries of Awo's educational policies, Infrastructural projects and his political structures, many of whom became relevant through his magnanimity, the entire former Midwestern appendage, who had one time fed off his great resourcefulness, would never in their lifetime troll or deride the great Awo.
From the testament of the Oba of Benin being a member of the old western regional council of Obas, across the corners of the Benin Kingdom from the occupant of the present throne to the least of the entire Edo state, are forever appreciative and indebted to the great Awo.
Your claim of being an edo indigene is very much in doubt, I suppose you are most likely a bloodline of Osu crossbreed.
*spits

-Lion

Bros, I beg make you no vez, please.
This your name, AbaLion, do you have this name before the 'python dance' or na after the 'python dance', wey pursue our 'porn star', out of town, you get the name? I know from your post above, that you are not an Ijaw man, neither are you related to Alhaji Asari Dokuboh. How come na you come be Lion for Aba,
the base of Nnamdi, the conman?
I am not understanding at all make you explain wetin dey happen to me, I beg ���.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by johntolu: 3:00am On Apr 28, 2019
imam07:
that is what ibos have been saying. I will tell you counter coup was not housa coup also.
It was never an Hausa coup. It was the Yeebos that labelled it as such. What happened in Nigeria, on July 28th, 1966, was simply a 'rematch' or 2nd leg of the January 66 coup, which was the 1st leg. The Yeebos complained bitterly about their loss because they were 'thoroughly beaten' in the rematch, by the 'Arewa Lions'.
You came up with a sinister plan against a major ethnic group/Region where you have more than half of your population domiciled and in your stupidity, you thought there will be no repercussions, I laughed in Ijaw (Acclaimed Igbo Slave Master's Language)���.

1 Like

Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Is04970: 6:26am On Apr 28, 2019
kjhova:

The lie about the death toll of the Nigerian Civil War has gone on for too long and has got to stop. Every respectable analysis of the war all agree on a death toll of about 1 million lives, plus or minus. All of these bandied figures of 2, 3, 4 millions really need to stop.

As for the topic, this picture epitomises all of the missed opportunities in our short history as the needless civil war could have been avoided. One can only hope that today's generation has enough sense to avert the coming conflagration.
Are you comfortable with an ugly coward leading 1 millions people to death and thereafter fleeing?
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by olril17(m): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2019
isthatso:

you clearly do not know your histroy, Awolowo conceived OAU, it was established under Akintola who suceeded Awo. You do not conceive a university today and establish it tommorow, Government is a continium. Buhari is building standard guage railways conceived under OBJ's regime. 4th mainland bridge was conceived many years ago, they have done the design but nothing has been done. If Sanwoolu decides to actually implement it are you going to say it was his conception?

Ife was Awo's brain child, Akintola was Awo's deputy and was only following Awos vision and masterplan for the region till he defected in 1962 after Ife had been established. Ife came into being i.e was established under Akintola but I dare you to google the internet and show me any official site or official literature that credits Akintola with the "conception" of Ife.

if Akintola was that important in ife's history (not that he isnt) why is it the first 2 (and biggest) male hostels are named after Awo and Fajuyi and the hall named after Akintola (Sports hall) is a smaller hall and wasnt named after him for decades...clearly an afterthought? Why was it named sports hall for so long and not Akintola from inception? Let me tell you why, because Awo was the visionary and Fajuyi did more for Ife than Akintola. Akintola established it, that is true but he was only following Awo's blueprint and Fajuyi was the one who provided the funds and gave Oluwasanmi his marching orders for the construction of the permanent site. Oluwasanmi despite not being the pioneer VC, had the library named after him because he was effectively the architect of what Ife eventually became. Awo, Oluwasanmi, Fajuyi did more for OAU than Akintola. What Akintola did was sign the law establishing ife as the sitting Premier. The conception, the leadership, the majority funding and the execution were not done by him although like I said I acknowledge that Ife came into existence under his leadership.

Just so i am clear, Awo conceived, Akintola established, Fajuyi funded, Oluwasanmi executed.

Understand the difference between Conception and established and maybe while you are it.......get some sense!!!!
rabble rouser who goes round in circle and end up saying same thing as I did.
University of Ife was established by S.L Akintola..
the act establishing university of Ife was passed by the western region Parliament in 1961
(so how did awo who has clearly left as premier conceived it) ... awolowo left as premier of western region in 1959..he lost out as prime minister to tafawa balewa December 1959..
amazingly akintola imprint has been wiped out and Mr awolowo is now credited for a university he never built.
l
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Mbediogu(m): 8:49am On Apr 28, 2019
johntolu:

I am surprised you are holding a divergent view, from that held by your fathers, about Chief Awolowo's performance at the Federal government level.
Your fathers are of the belief that his singular masterstroke, as a non-military member, of the
Federal government, which he served, ended the mutiny by your fathers against the Nigerian state.
I can feel the pains and frustration of the Igbo Nation, after their misadventure of 67/70, which was brought to an end, by the tactical acumen of Chief Awolowo who, put an end to the feeding of the 'soldiers of the 'enemy of the Nigerian state.'
That singular act, according to your father's, broke the resistance of the Igbo Nation against the Nigerian state and not the guns of Muritala, The Black Scorpion or Obasanjo.

I don't respond to this kind of drunken emotional outbursts of regional bigots.
Who are 'your fathers'? I was of age and actually put in my quota during the war. If Awolowo was relevant, why did he serially lose to lesser people at Federal level and finally committed suicide by drinking 'otapiapia'?
Why did the Yorubas and your 'fathers' not vote for him? Did Obasanjo who is a reputed statesman and President at the time endorse him?
Why did your fathers Akintola and Justice Sowemimo connive with 'your masters' to jail him?
Visit the mirror. Idiat!
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2019
olril17:

rabble rouser who goes round in circle and end up saying same thing as I did.
University of Ife was established by S.L Akintola..
the act establishing university of Ife was passed by the western region Parliament in 1961
(so how did awo who has clearly left as premier conceived it) ... awolowo left as premier of western region in 1959..he lost out as prime minister to tafawa balewa December 1959..
l

that is not what you said below is your quote:

olril17:

you are clearly a bit of a dullard, you dont conceive an idea and it manifests immediately or establish the act of parliarment immediately, these things take time. there will be committees formed, discussions on feasibility, location, financing, etc before you finally come up with a plan and go ahead, that in itself can take years. it is only when you have have a detailed plan that you go ahead with the execution and the 1st phase in the execution is giving it legal identity by the act of parliarment. In fact there are many institutions in Nigeria (because of the way we do things these days) that exist before the law establishing them is passed.

The discussion was about conception, you are the one who introduced established into the equation clearly not understanding the difference.

admit you were wrong and stop trying to be clever by halves

olril17:

(so how did awo who has clearly left as premier conceived it) Mr awolowo is now credited for a university he never built.
l

You contradict yourself, make a fool of yourself with what you wrote and you still do not realise your folly. I suggest you go to Ife and take refresher courses in English as the above clearly shows you have a problem understanding the English language.

Let's say i decide I want to embark on a family project to document my family history and build a family monument and record for future generations, I discuss the idea in detail with my son so he understands what i am trying to acheive, I am not able to build it while I am alive, after I die my son starts and completes it. is it my son that conceived it? you fool!!!!
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by OkiloMbaise: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2019
Chief Sarki,your fellow patriot has joined Nairaland,good to see you.
Re: Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo by olril17(m): 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
isthatso:

that is not what you said below is your quote:

you are clearly a bit of a dullard, you dont conceive an idea and it manifests immediately or establish the act of parliarment immediately, these things take time. there will be committees formed, discussions on feasibility, location, financing, etc before you finally come up with a plan and go ahead, that in itself can take years. it is only when you have have a detailed plan that you go ahead with the execution and the 1st phase in the execution is giving it legal identity by the act of parliarment. In fact there are many institutions in Nigeria (because of the way we do things these days) that exist before the law establishing them is passed.

The discussion was about conception, you are the one who introduced established into the equation clearly not understanding the difference.

admit you were wrong and stop trying to be clever by halves

You contradict yourself, make a fool of yourself with what you wrote and you still do not realise your folly. I suggest you go to Ife and take refresher courses in English as the above clearly shows you have a problem understanding the English language.

Let's say i decide I want to embark on a family project to document my family history and build a family monument and record for future generations, I discuss the idea in detail with my son so he understands what i am trying to acheive, I am not able to build it while I am alive, after I die my son starts and completes it. is it my son that conceived it? you fool!!!!

SL akintola established oau yes or no?
you are a rabble rouser...you talk too much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Letter Shared By A Muslim Brother About Boko Haram & Islam (Photo) / Soldiers Calm ENDSARS Protesters As They Defy Osun Government Curfew / Borno Commissioner, Ibrahim Garba, & A Woman Found Dead In Guest House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.