Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Do Not Judge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Judge (175 Views)

Why You Must Not Judge / "Judge Not" & "Judge Righteously", How Do We Reconcile The Two? / Do Not Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Judge by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 27, 2019
Good morning Beloved

Do not judge

Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Beloved, do not judge. I want to bring to you the understanding of the text above, when the word of GOD says do not judge, it means that:
1. do not condemn anyone because you also were once in sin but instead exhort, correct and rebuke with longsuffering (i.e you have to be patient with the person because the Holy Spirit is still working on such person) and meekness(i.e with gentleness and love).

2 Timothy 4:2c reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Now, rebuking is not condemning but a means of expressing great displeasure of what is not right before GOD i.e sin. Paul rebuked Peter, he did not condemn him(read Gal 2:11-15). An example of condemnation is "there is no remedy for you again, you will go to hell at last" or calling a person a candidate of Hell. Condemnation is being a judge of what you have no control over, how do you know He is certain to go to Hell?

I want to make something clear, any man who does not give his life shall to Jesus Christ shall not go to Heaven, this is not condemnation but the truth from the Word of GOD. So if any man ask me, if a man is not born again and dies, will he go to hell? According to the scripture, I would say no. This is not condemnation but the truth from the Scripture.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Condemnation is when I have now concluded that: "ahh, is it not that man, nothing can change him, he is a candidate of hell already, hell is sure for him" This is condemnation, for only GOD can judge a man.

2. Do not judge means that do not condemn anyone who is doing something and you are also doing it. For example, if I am a stealing in the secret and I saw a man stealing in the open, and I start abusing him and condemning him, that is judging and even at that, I am also condemning myself. I am just giving an example for better understanding, I am not saying I am a thief oo.

Now, my last clarification is this, correction is not condemning or judging. Many a times you tell people to correct their ways but they will say you are condemning, no!!! That is a device of the devil for man to hide from being corrected. When you are corrected, accept it in humility and not looking for means to clear yourself up by saying: why are you condemning me? Correction is not condemnation.

Beloved, learn to correct, exhort and rebuke with meekness and love, do not be a judge over a person eternity or destiny. Do not judge a person when you know you are still a partaker of what you judge of.

Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Romans 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Finally, beloved

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

May the Lord give you understanding of His word in Jesus name.

The Grace of the Lord be with you.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

(1) (Reply)

"For He Hath Made Him To Be Sin For Us,......" / Prosperity By What Means? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:saturday, May 4, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.