Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place (47508 Views)

I Was Lucky I Didn’t Know A Snake Was Above My Head / Top 10 Pictures That Will Remind You Of The Old Good Days, No 6 Will Shock You! / Half Pig,half Human Born In Cambodia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by wellmax(m): 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
I will show mercy to whom I will show mercy.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by jojothaiv(m): 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Everybody has got their choice of coping mechanism in this sick and imperfect world..What I dont get is why unreligious people have a problem with how religious people choose to cope with life.....
I'm depressed, I smoke weed or go fvck a prostitute. Another person choose to go to church and pray....I need help, I take matters I to my hands and bend a few rules, another chose to pray for favour..

What right do I have to insult him and call him sick Just cos he ain't doing things my way....One can be unreligious and rational at the same time...Try it man..
Gbam..
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
tolugar:
Thank you Jesus
For what? The believe in Jesus caused the problems in the first place, Religion has ruined this earth.

Jesus is useless, Jesus couldn't provide food for that hungry kid, the kid died, Jesus my butt!

1 Like

Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Martinez39(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
Lord am forever greatful for all the beautiful things you've done for me and my friends and family! Amen
Wow! God has done wonderful things for your family, why hasn't he done it for the kids in those pictures?
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
well.. it isn't my fault the all them Horrible things happened to them people.

Blame God and his useless Son.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by realmindz: 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
Bilsz:

If only You understood the true logic of life ....

Your assumptions are so narrow and subjective yet its sensible to some cos senses are abstractions of life conventions..

Everyone were given a heart and an independent brain not because the intentions were for mere fancy. God won't come down personally to interfere in issues. Humans are literally the ones running the earth and they'll all give account thereon. some choose to make the surrounding a living hell for other humans, some let greed rule over their sense of judgment, others with conscience and the knowledge that they ain't here for themself alone choose to ease things relative to their capacity for others.

Now all those in difficult situations are as a result of the actions of others, both those who induced those situations and those who are in positions to help out but shut their eyes off, cos they feel its no responsibility of theirs.

Again, we can't shut our mind to the fact that the world is been engulfed by forces (spiritual and the rest), people who have in-depth knowledge on how these forces operate can effect it to alter their situations at a given time (only if the necessary conditions are met).

Now I don't wanna talk about the role of religions including Christianity here.. what I wanna point out is that people can influence their situation whether spiritually or physically, whether it happened as a result of people actions or not. the issue here is that some ain't knowledgeable about the mystery of life. Thus they are subjected to whatever outcome from such situations.

Thanking God is a confirmation that we acknowledged the existence of a supreme Being, and with this knowledge we know He has made everything so perfect for us, but we threw them into turmoil with our greedy actions. Its up to us to play our role well on earth.

You are in your comfy condition so as to be able to help those in terrible conditions.. But No, We wait for God to come down and help even when God has equipped you enough for such services.
If God decides to come down and help, he will destroy us all cos we are the reason for others misfortunes (directly or indirectly). But He loves everyone one of Us. Irrespective of the weight of your crime/sins, they are the same to God and we are all guilty. reason why He can't just come down to destroy one set.

Instead We are the ones to effect changes as well as help those in difficult situations.

So its up to Us bro...

I don't still see how this connects to people thanking God on the misfortunes of others,

It's only in this part of the world where pastors will raise prayers points that people are dead buried in the grave or people are in the hospitals and they should do thanksgiving forgetting that those in hospitals pray to the same God, or as if those who were involved in fatal accidents did not pray before leaving home ...

and it even gets more interesting, it is a cycle because those involved in tragic incidents today once thanked God for the misfortunes of others.

your prayers did not save you and cannot save you.

That's the point.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by tolugar: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
gypsey:
For what? The believe in Jesus caused the problems in the first place, Religion has ruined this earth.

Jesus is useless, Jesus couldn't provid food that hungry kid, the kid died, Jesus my butt!

thank you JESUS
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2019
tolugar:

thank you JESUS
As i expected, you Gullibles never have Anything reasonable to say Rather than keep repeating the same Rethorics grin

The Jesus who couldn't cure Malaria and hunger in Africa.

Don't forget to keep repeating the same Rubbish.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by realmindz: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
wellmax:

The gods have no mercy, that's why they are gods...

#game of thrones
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by realmindz: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
tolugar:

thank you JESUS

The kind of life u current live is filthy to others, some have never tasted insufficiency, born into wealth and affluence, having the best of life..

Such will see your situation and thank Jesus for never being you
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by DAYOODS(m): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
Life is unfair. But with God on your side it will favor you.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by JOMAX: 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
realmindz:

And people are over there shouting thank you Jesus... The same Jesus that gave no Fucck about the others perishing.
One irony of life is that, same people shouting thank you Jesus today, Jesus won't save them in times of tragedy and some other lucky people will see their situation and shout thank you Jesus too.

u sure don't know Jesus Christ ...
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Bilsz(m): 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2019
realmindz:

I don't still see how this connects to people thanking God on the misfortunes of others,

It's only in this part of the world where pastors will raise prayers points that people are dead buried in the grave or people are in the hospitals and they should do thanksgiving forgetting that those in hospitals pray to the same God, or as if those who were involved in fatal accidents did not pray before leaving home ...

and it even gets more interesting, it is a cycle because those involved in tragic incidents today once thanked God for the misfortunes of others.

your prayers did not save you and cannot save you.

That's the point.

You celebrate with the living, mourn the dead, sympathize with the afflicted (while helping to get them back on their heels in your own capability). Or should it rather be otherwise where you mourn the living and celebrate the death of others... Ok it kinda sounds like when people celebrate in this regard, they are indirectly thanking God for the afflictions of others. That to me depends on the context perceived by the judger.

Prayers cannot save you if You didn't meet the conditions to effect change... Maybe if science had developed a mechanism or equation to depict that prayer can induce a reaction.. then I'm certain most of U won't doubt. Rather, if it didn't work, You'lll go back to your equation and see what You didn't do right..
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by realmindz: 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
Bilsz:

You celebrate with the living, mourn the dead, sympathize with the afflicted (while helping to get them back on their heels in your own capability). Or should it rather be otherwise where you mourn the living and celebrate the death of others... Ok it kinda sounds like when people celebrate in this regard, they are indirectly thanking God for the afflictions of others. That to me depends on the context perceived by the judger.

Prayers cannot save you if You didn't meet the conditions to effect change... Maybe if science had developed a mechanism or equation to depict that prayer can induce a reaction.. then I'm certain most of U won't doubt. Rather, if it didn't work, You'lll go back to your equation and see what You didn't do right..

Can't you just pray for Boko Haram to end?
And why must one even pray to God to help stop Boko haram
Why must you pray to God to give you journey mercies..? If you have the power to stop accidents on the road, I'm sure u won't wait for your son to beg you before u help him stop an accident. You will do it either he prays to you or not...

So prayer is useless, the world works with facts and logic... If an atheist, Muslim, ogun worshipper, Buddhist etc jump from a storey building, they will all obey the law of gravity irrespective of their beliefs... That's how the world works.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Chuksgeo: 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
Thank you Jesus for the privileges that I have
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by DNA9(m): 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
StarUp:
We were not born to all be on the same side of a coin...

Is that what your little brain can think out?
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Bilsz(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
realmindz:

Why must you pray to God to give you journey mercies..? If you have the power to stop accidents on the road, I'm sure u won't wait for your son to beg you before u help him stop an accident. You will do it either he prays to you or not...

So prayer is useless, the world works with facts and logic... If an atheist, Muslim, ogun worshipper, Buddhist etc jump from a storey building, they will all obey the law of gravity irrespective of their beliefs... That's how the world works.

To God Boko Haram aint different from other humans in regards to sin

Like I said, things happen cos of man actions.. U stated if we jump from a high building we die... Not because one can pray means he should take other things for granted.

Again, prayers work with the right condition.. just like a plane can't fly if some conditions ain't met, so is it with prayer.

God has given us all we need to function well already, He has also given us a sense of judgement thats why we can't jump from a storey building cos we know the implications. the problem is that we ain't making use of those senses properly..

You should also think about why is God not controlling our actions, at least a father will try every possible best to ensure his child do what he deems right and as such will always interfere in an emergency event...

God let you control your actions while providing the necessities to support you.. If You take the right actions, then when You call on him in time of distress He will definitely interfere
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by MistadeRegal(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2019
Lucifersticlala:
This is the first step to religious conning.

First they make you emotional to deaden you logically, then they rip you off.

Usually through sermons that indicate how lucky you are to be alive so you can part with your coin.

*spits angry

And in your eyes now, you're sensible? Who here is asking for you "coin" as you stated?
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by dontbothermuch: 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2019
Lucifersticlala:

Usually through sermons that indicate how lucky you are to be alive so you can part with your coin.

*spits angry

smiley
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by aytuns(m): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2019
realmindz:

And people are over there shouting thank you Jesus... The same Jesus that gave no Fucck about the others perishing.
One irony of life is that, same people shouting thank you Jesus today, Jesus won't save them in times of tragedy and some other lucky people will see their situation and shout thank you Jesus too.

Jesus saves. He has been saving people from destruction right from the days He began His ministry, and even until today.. He saves people from SIN and HELL. Cos the troubles of this earth are nothing compared to the glory of heaven. If only everyone on earth accepts Him, then peace will reign and suffering, starvation etc caused by unrest will cease.. Until then, the Saints in war torn areas will keep having hope that God will one day deliver them, and if they leave the earth before that day comes, then they have a glorious place in Heaven where they will have eternal rest.

And that is the hope of all Christians. ETERNAL REST.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by dontbothermuch: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
Harpyeagle:

This is the first atheist related post that actually got to me. U r making so much sense. Quickly saying "thank God no be me" is saying "thank God na dem".

Yes. True

God is all & all is God

All formations of living things is by God.

Death/misfortune is for all & for all.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by aytuns(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
realmindz:

God did not create puppets nor did He create dummies. If someone has decided to pick up arms to kill others, how's that Gods fault? If someone has decides to speed beyond limits and looses control and crashes, you come to blame God? If we were puppets without thinking faculties and without a sense for wrong or right, then that would have been a different discussion, cos then our decisions will not be within our control.

So everyone who DECIDES to follow Christ, Obey His words and obey and laws of the country, will of course suffer some degree of persecution from those who have refused to obey Christ. It's expected, and it doesn't mean God doesn't exist, nor does it mean God is silent about their condition. On the contrary, He's a merciful, hoping that those who go against Him will look at the examples of His children they have persecuted and perhaps turn a new leaf and be saved.

So you know, it's a beautiful thing for a child of God to die, cos eternal rest, where the troubles of earth cease to be awaits such one.. and that's the hope of all Christians. ETERNAL REST ON HEAVEN.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
wellmax:
Na so.
But no body beg god for creation, so why create someone and don't show mercy to him?

Obviously that book is crap, ur god don't exist.

1 Like

Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
aytuns:

God did not create puppets nor did He create dummies. If someone has decided to pick up arms to kill others, how's that Gods fault? If someone has decides to speed beyond limits and looses control and crashes, you come to blame God? If we were puppets without thinking faculties and without a sense for wrong or right, then that would have been a different discussion, cos then our decisions will not be within our control.

So everyone who DECIDES to follow Christ, Obey His words and obey and laws of the country, will of course suffer some degree of persecution from those who have refused to obey Christ. It's expected, and it doesn't mean God doesn't exist, nor does it mean God is silent about their condition. On the contrary, He's a merciful, hoping that those who go against Him will look at the examples of His children they have persecuted and perhaps turn a new leaf and be saved.

So you know, it's a beautiful thing for a child of God to die, cos eternal rest, where the troubles of earth cease to be awaits such one.. and that's the hope of all Christians. ETERNAL REST ON HEAVEN.
Then why would someone thank god for surviving an accident, since god was not involved in the first place.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Wolexyoshi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
And this as well

Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Karleb(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2019
Instead of thanking Jesus, why not ask him why?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Akanoaaa(m): 9:53am On Apr 29, 2019
realmindz:

This not about thank you Jesus or something. it's what we called GRACE.
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Auduambless(m): 7:18am On Apr 30, 2019
Lucifersticlala:

*spits angry

Real Definition Of Insanity
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Mryacks: 12:05pm On May 02, 2019
We thank God for His grace!
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by aytuns(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2019
charliboy654:

Then why would someone thank god for surviving an accident, since god was not involved in the first place.

because He ALLOWED the person to be alive. all things (humans included) we're created for His pleasure. Rev 4:11
Re: Pictures That Show You Were Lucky To Be Born In The Right Place by Tejiriseth(m): 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Deep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tall People How Do You Survive / Villagers Catch Huge Python In Awka, Anambra, Cut Its Stomach Open After Killing / Lifting A Crate Of Coke With Teeth, How Possible Is This?- Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.