Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,576 members, 7,955,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:34 PM

An Advice To Those Going For An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Advice To Those Going For An Interview (17307 Views)

Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by ChiefSweetus: 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cryomancer:
Interviewer: What is the latest in the financial sector?

Me : No money everywhere

Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 5yrs?

Me : Playing fifa25

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by ayomide8990(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2019
TheCvBank:

If you are going for an interview in a company, try and read local and international news to know about happenings around the world. Most professional services organizations will ask you about what is happening in the country and the world. You may even be asked to suggest solutions.

You look really empty with no substance when a potential employer asks you information about happenings around you and you are blank. Someone lost a job opportunity because She couldn’t say anything happening in the news. Read news about the industry and make sure you can say a lot about that company’s services.

Follow the right business news handles on social media so that you can have up to date Information of things happening around the world. Employers are looking for candidates that are aware of things happening. Some law firms ask for analysis on world politics. Someone was asked about the details about Obamacare during recruitment. Not all times entertainment and only political handles. Follow FT, Bloomberg, Business day, CNBC, Nairametrics etc. You will be more knowledgeable abd aware. If you are going for interview for example in an accounting/audit firm you must be aware of the accounting ,financial services,etc industry. Do the work to get the job.

All the best!

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. Tell us more about yourself?
I am hard worker, passionate, consistent and disciplined.
2. Why do you think you are the best candidate for the job?
I am a very committed worker, I love challenges and I have the will to succeed. I am a motivated person. I have the ability to learn fast which will facilitate the training period.
3. Why do you apply for this position?
Because I am looking for a job. I want to advance my career / experience in a position that allows me to grow as person and employee.
4. What are your strengths?
I can work under a lot of pressure. I am an amazing problem solver. I am a persistence person and I don’t give up very easily. My dependability. I can make a decision under a lot of pressure (good decision maker) I can be able to work with little/no supervision, willing to learn new things, easy to adapt, friendly, reliable, expressive and punctual
5. What is your biggest weakness?
I can be too committed to my work and don’t spend enough time with other social activities. I work too hard. I care too much about my work.
6. Do you prefer to work independently or on team?
They are both my favorites
7. How do you handle stress or pressure?
I work well under pressure because i prepare for it before it comes. I try to stay calm as possible and focus to get the job done. I prioritize my responsibility so I have a clear idea of what is needed to be done, that helps me to effectively manage pressure
8. What is your salary requirement?
I am expecting to get a job offer that is realistic and reasonable
9. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 yrs?
My long term goals involve growing in a company where I can continue to learn and contribute as much of value as I can. Once I gain additional experience I would like to move through the ranks of the job. I would like to see myself as an expert of my job description.
10. What is your ideal job?
Would be challenging but secure
11. Preferred working hours?
I am flexible
12. What do other people say about you?
They find me approachable
13. Why teamwork is important?
As people we think differently and in those different views we can get the views that can benefit the project. It teaches you how to solve work problem, work hard, handle stress and become a good thinker.
14. Do you have any questions?
Yes
3. Do you think I'm qualified for this job?
4.How soon could I start?
THE MOTIVATION LETTER
To whom it may be concern
RE: Application for employment
I hereby forward my Curriculum Vitae.
I wish to apply for the position available in your organization. I am confident that I have knowledge and
skill to professionally fulfill the position as required by the organization. I am eager to enhance and refine my personal development within the organization, and take
on the challenges that lie ahead.
I will endeavor to effectively performance all my tasks as
required by the organization and maintain the standard as defined by you. Given the opportunity, I will perform my duties with perseverance, dedication and loyalty. It is my aim to make and be part of a successful team that is directly involve in making the organization a success, as I believe I have a role to play in making things a success.
I hope that my application will receive your favourable consideration.

2 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by sunnyside16(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2019
Very important to do that
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Blackfriday: 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
funsho75:
Na because job no dey..

They go dey use irrelevant things the cut people
ignore this info at your own peril, especially as a first timer. Had been at a second phase of an interview, we were left in the conference room for an hour, only for the HR. to walk in and ask some people to leave. Found out later from from the HR, they had been monitoring us all the while we were sited, just to know how fast we were integrate in a new environment and bond with people. Take heed of the little tips u get out here, u never know what applies to you.
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by myked(m): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by phonemakemoney: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
funsho75:
Na because job no dey..

They go dey use irrelevant things the cut people
True if they were the ones that needed workers more than workers needing them they will just tell you what the company does and give you on the job training and later test you to see if you can cope or not.
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by jojothaiv(m): 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
kinzation:
nice one
But for now na AKUBEY I dey like buy
Sabi man...
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by funsho75(m): 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2019
Blackfriday:
ignore this info at your own peril, especially as a first timer. Had been at a second phase of an interview, we were left in the conference room for an hour, only for the HR. to walk in and ask some people to leave. Found out later from from the HR, they had been monitoring us all the while we were sited, just to know how fast we were integrate in a new environment and bond with people. Take heed of the little tips u get out here, u never know what applies to you.

Am not saying the information is not relevant..

The information is important

Am just sighting the cause
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by kinzation(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
jojothaiv:
Sabi man...
naso bruv AKUBEY is bae
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by kinzation(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
jojothaiv:
Sabi man...
naso bruv AKUBEY is bae
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by rottable(m): 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cryomancer:
Interviewer: What is the latest in the financial sector?

Me : No money everywhere

Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 5yrs?

Me : Playing fifa25
no kee me with laugh abeg
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by jojothaiv(m): 12:15am On Apr 30, 2019
kinzation:
naso bruv AKUBEY is bae
No be lie..
When money show we go upgrade...
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Blackfriday: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2019
funsho75:

Am not saying the information is not relevant..

The information is important

Am just sighting the cause
well my friend, u might be right in ur own state but Human Resource Professionals adopt different measures, at different stages in recruiting new employees, not necessarily because they are looking for cheap ways to screen candidates out. I will honestly tell you most HR's right now, do not consider ur first degree qualification though it's a prerequisite for u to be called for an interview but they concentrate more on ur personality during the interview and use different measures to get what they want.
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by nonye6194: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2019
TheCvBank:

If you are going for an interview in a company, try and read local and international news to know about happenings around the world. Most professional services organizations will ask you about what is happening in the country and the world. You may even be asked to suggest solutions.

You look really empty with no substance when a potential employer asks you information about happenings around you and you are blank. Someone lost a job opportunity because She couldn’t say anything happening in the news. Read news about the industry and make sure you can say a lot about that company’s services.

Follow the right business news handles on social media so that you can have up to date Information of things happening around the world. Employers are looking for candidates that are aware of things happening. Some law firms ask for analysis on world politics. Someone was asked about the details about Obamacare during recruitment. Not all times entertainment and only political handles. Follow FT, Bloomberg, Business day, CNBC, Nairametrics etc. You will be more knowledgeable abd aware. If you are going for interview for example in an accounting/audit firm you must be aware of the accounting ,financial services,etc industry. Do the work to get the job.

All the best!

we write professional cv, cover letters and also setup professional LinkedIn accounts for our clients at a very affordable rate. with several invites to job interviews, tests and job offers for our previous clients, we guarantee our prospective clients similar successes. follow us on ig @The_Cvbank twitter @cvbank1 or call/WhatsApp 07038240838

contact us today and let's build a satisfying career with you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience / Coronation Insurance 2021 Aptitude Test / This Company Keeps Sending Regret Messages To All My Application.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.