Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience (17017 Views)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got / Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by AdeoyeAdefemi: 6:19am On Aug 19, 2023
Good Morning All

I got my dream job in a financial institution, I will be resuming on Monday.

From your experience, kindly share the things I must and must not do in a professional setting.

NB: This is my first professional job hence the reason for the question.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by timagentms: 6:41am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

From your experience, kindly share the things I must and must not do in a professional setting.

Congratulations guy,

Working in a Financial Institution is a dream of most people

You should always remember this word *Integrity* this is what you will need to succeed in the financial house.

Be polite to your colleagues and customer, also know that customer can elevate you in your career and life, so also customer can degrade you.

Professionalism is the best work culture.
When you knows these steps and follow it, it will guide you in any unit/department you have been posted to.

Best of luck.

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by lavylilly: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2023
Never work for a man who is CHRONIC womanizer, it always ends in regrets.

Don’t be fooled by what they portray outside (social media).

Set clear boundaries in the workplace.

Avoid or run FAR from organization that uses crack version of softwares.

Learn to short change your employers (VERY necessary) because the "take home" will NEVER take you home.

Don't stay in company accommodation, they turn you to their slaves.

Leave organization that doesn't give you chance of improvements

If by any chance your salary is delayed even for a day or not paid as agreed (without communicating to you why it's been delayed) on the offer letter, activate exit plan ASAP.

Lack/inadequate medical services for staff - If the medical services (HMO) does not cover you ONLY or you & your family, don't run, disappear!!

No Ieave allowance (you work 24/7 & 365 days) Just resign ASAP

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by TheBTCinvestor: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2023
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Botragelad: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2023
Wicked, mate, I'm chuffed to bits that you got your dream job. You must be over the moon, you must. Well done, you deserve it. But don't get too cocky, yeah? You still have to work hard and prove yourself. Don't be a prat and mess it up.

And don't be a nosy parker and poke your nose into other people's business. Just focus on your own work and do it well. And don't forget to have some fun along the way. You've got this.
I'm well proud of you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by slawomir: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Stay focus

Don't let any figure eight manipulate you

There are alot of fine figure eight as staff in financial institutions especially those zenith bank female staff

If you are a real niggar after the close of work around 4pm or 5pm depending on the workload that day
Head to a near bar and get some beer in your system to clear your head
Ensure you carry football sure odd every weekend to augment your salary

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Eriokanmi: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

Integrity,Integrity and again, Integrity

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by BUSHHUNTER: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2023
Stay away from woman in that institution.

16 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by phemmyfour: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

Congratulations

Rule 1: Nobody is your friend, you are all colleagues. Do your job, mind your business and go home.

2. Do not forget the first rule

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Dikastan: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2023
Don't deduct or withdraw customer's money even if it is one Kobo. Don't give Yahoo boys customer's details. Avoid scam and always remember that that billions in the bank belong to customers

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by enemyofprogress: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

Adeoye go to Google
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by AImiron: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2023
I left the group chat.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Sucre6: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2023
-Mind ya business,
-Don't engage in office gossip
-Be puntual and Finnish any task assigned to u

-Don't ever complain unnecessarily
-Bring your food to work, so u won't be seen going to the canteen every now and then leaving your work station.
-Respect everyone u see there no matter their age, they are there before you and they know better

- Try to be friendly but know your boundaries.

- No unnecessary compliment to the other gender, they might see it as u crossing boundaries most people though.

-Always be in your best behaviour even when u are all alone in the office, a cctv might be monitoring and watching you.

-Lastly, no office romance, avoid it with all your might

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by sofiscatedmoron: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2023
sad
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by ecomalchemistt(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2023
Mind your business.

Do your job and get paid ;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by BItt: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2023
AVOID OFFICE POLITICS by all means if you can.
If you can't and you lose the job, accept it in good faith and move on

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Creditalerts: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2023
Avoid your female colleagues

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by sofiscatedmoron: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2023
siofragspot:
Congratulations!

AVOID fvcking a female colleague unprofessionally, so you won't get sh!t rubbed all over your face someday at work place.

But he can do it professionally sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2023
lavylilly:
Never work for a man who is CHRONIC womanizer, it always ends in regrets.

Learn to short change your employers (VERY necessary) because the "take home" will NEVER take you home.

If by any chance your salary is delayed even for a day or not paid as agreed (without communicating to you why it's been delayed) on the offer letter, activate exit plan ASAP.

Lack/inadequate medical services for staff - If the medical services (HMO) does not cover you ONLY or you & your family, don't run, disappear!!

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by MrsTwrite(f): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2023
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by seniorgozman(m): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2023
Never you trust anyone in that office.

6 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by GanagiBitrus: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2023
Always ask yourself this question...
"Where Do I See Myself In 10 Years' Time"

It will help you stay focused.

12 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by nepapole(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2023
Congratulations.

Avoid office politics.

Do not be too forward(shun eye service) and too laid back as well.... Find a place in the middle.

9 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by MykellOni(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
Whatever you do, make sure not to resume late!

10 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by wittywriter: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

Don't allow familiarity but be a team player .

Wittyness

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by Kelvindate(m): 10:57am On Aug 19, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=125207395]Never work for a man who is CHRONIC womanizer, it always ends in regrets.

Waoh😊🤣 I never knew some organization use cracked version of software. But what is actually wrong with that ? I wan know

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by BoldBrainz(m): 10:57am On Aug 19, 2023
siofragspot:
Congratulations!

AVOID fvcking a female colleague unprofessionally, so you won't get sh!t rubbed all over your face someday at work place.

Is there a way you can fvck a female colleague "professionally"?

11 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by vizboy(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2023
Okay, advice given...

Publish in Our Journal for Free

www.Evonexpublishers.com
Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by atilla(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2023
As much as possible make sure instructions you follow are in writing and not by word of mouth
dont share how much your salary is with any colleauge
dont expect any favours from anyone always do your job as best as you can

All the best in your new role. dont forget to update us on how its going

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by MarketDispatch: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2023
AdeoyeAdefemi:
Good Morning All

Demonstrate integrity, report any questionable transactions immediately.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience by sofeo(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2023
Just behave accordingly and respect their rules

Demonstrate some professional ethics too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Job Interveiw From Zis / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.