Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Nigerians In Calgary - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians In Calgary (3568 Views)

They Wanted To Have Sex In My Cab! - Suspended Calgary Cab Driver Protests / Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? / Nigerians In The Diaspora: Please Im Not Rich! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Calgary by spicymum(f): 7:23am On Sep 19, 2010
Any Nigerians in Calgary AB on this forum?
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by neddy1999(m): 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2010
yes
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by Sissy3(f): 8:19pm On Sep 20, 2010
try the travel section
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by deniyor: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2010
I'm in SK not AB. Any special reasons for asking?
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by sammyzboi: 12:23am On Apr 04, 2011
Does anyone know if a UK Msc in Engineering is regarded by Canadian employers as an equivalent to thier Masc in Engineering?
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by deniyor: 3:11am On Apr 04, 2011
Yes it is.
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by sammyzboi: 4:13pm On May 11, 2011
Thanks deniyor
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by henrywest(m): 5:59pm On May 14, 2011
@ deniyor, how's sk? Just got admitted into usask and intend working off campus. Hope undertable jobs are available there bro
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by deniyor: 4:14am On May 15, 2011
henrywest:

@ deniyor, how's sk? Just got admitted into usask and intend working off campus. Hope undertable jobs are available there bro
You know you can work legally after six months and good grades? What are you taking in usask? your course load can affect your ability and time to take undertable jobs. The best one I can think of at the moment will be the 'washroom job' lol.
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by henrywest(m): 5:44am On May 15, 2011
"Washroom jobs"? Not a bad idead. Anywayz, I got lots of credit transfers to make which would reduce my first years work load and tuition a lot. This is ma second degree though
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by deniyor: 6:34am On May 15, 2011
Second degree as against masters? U of S is well known for giving that. You just have to be smart about it. Nothing to worry abt tho.
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by henrywest(m): 6:51am On May 15, 2011
Sure I will bro. I am not the first you know. Moreover, everything deyy God hand
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by deniyor: 7:05am On May 15, 2011
No you are not the first. I have lots of experience with such situation is why I told you to be careful. I will probably meet you when you get to toon town at some point.
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by henrywest(m): 7:09am On May 15, 2011
I wouldn't mind being armed with d experience u've got so I wouldn't fumble cuz dis is virtually my very first time. I was thinking if I was asked why a second degree, I would say that my gpa wasn't good enough and secondly I went into it cuz ma parents wanted me to. Not really my thing "human physiology" but now, computer science
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by deniyor: 7:18am On May 15, 2011
Yeah I figured out as much. The problem is the sch. The need your money as an international student, and they do not mind you taking as many classes as possible since you pay per class abt $1300 give or take couple of hundred. When you get there, make sure you get in writing ( and signed too) the EXACT classes you will have to take to get the second degree. Otherwise you get posted a lot and take a lot of unnecessary classes that just cost you money.
Don't forget to apply to other schools too for masters. You will be mildly surprised you will get into other places. Seen it too many times.
Re: Nigerians In Calgary by henrywest(m): 7:21am On May 15, 2011
Thanks a lot bro. That was a priceless info you gave to me there. I appreciate and God's blessings

(1) (Reply)

My House Help Again / Pls I Need Help, From My Violence Husband / I Am A Fool For Love..my Girlfriend Broke Up With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.