Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? (895 Views)

Is It Normal To Lose Weight After Sex? / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
I rarely dream when I sleep. Even when I dream, I don't remember what I dreamt about when I wake up. Is this normal?
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by MiddleSpot: 10:05pm On Apr 29, 2019
raptex:
I rarely dream when I sleep. Even when I dream, I don't remember what I dreamt about when I wake up. Is this normal?

Can I recommend a church?
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Can I recommend a church?
E go be.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by czarina(f): 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2019
I think it's normal. But if you really want to "force" the dreams out, lie face up, you go dream tire.

Thank me later kiss
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 30, 2019
czarina:
I think it's normal. But if you really want to "force" the dreams out, lie face up, you go dream tire.

Thank me later kiss
OK. I'll try that.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by power50: 1:03am On Apr 30, 2019
Why are you interested in dreaming? Are you going to make money out of it?

List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by kolafolabi(m): 5:44am On Apr 30, 2019
Of course there are dream and nightmare.. Don't know which one you are talking about

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 6:19am On Apr 30, 2019
raptex:

Why are you making this to be an issue?

Not everyone remembers what they dreamt about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 6:22am On Apr 30, 2019
raptex:
OK. I'll try that.

Lols.

How old are you? Czarina was only pulling your leg.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2019
Dreams mostly is nonsense....I rarely dream but when I dream it is something I laugh at
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by hahn(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2019
raptex:

Focus on reality. If you need entertainment visit the cinema

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
dirtycoin:

Lols.

I'm in my late teens wink
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by czarina(f): 9:10am On Apr 30, 2019
dirtycoin:

Lols.

I'm serious. It works! At least for me. I was having Op's "problem" in my teens too, but I found a way around it with the "solution" I proffered.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2019
czarina:
I'm serious. It works! At least for me. I was having Op's "problem" in my teens too, but I found a way around it with the "solution" I proffered.
It actually worked! I had a weird dream where I was babysitting two kids. It was really weird cos they're my high school teacher's kids and I aint seen 'em in years.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 10:12am On Apr 30, 2019
raptex:
I'm in my late teens wink

Noted.

Czarina meant what she posted earlier.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by czarina(f): 10:21am On Apr 30, 2019
raptex:
It actually worked! I had a weird dream where I was babysitting two kids. It was really weird cos they're my high school teacher's kids and I aint seen 'em in years.
I told ya!

The dreams will be as weird as they come. Na you go tire. Some will be frightening too cheesy

Dirtycoin you see, it works! grin
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by LordReed(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2019
What is important about remembering your dreams? You barely remember the things that happen to you while awake and you want to disturb yourself with dreams while you are sleeping.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2019
czarina:

Noted
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2019
czarina:
I told ya!

The dreams will be as weird as they come. Na you go tire. Some will be frightening too cheesy

Dirtycoin you see, it works! grin

Lols.

Well, I don't see how lying down with the face looking up the ceiling will make one dream.

It is just your imagination playing tricks on you.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by czarina(f): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2019
dirtycoin:

Lols.

Well, I don't see how lying down with the face looking up the ceiling will make one dream.

It is just your imagination playing tricks on you.
It's not the mind at all. There was an explanation for it on Quora and one or two other places when I did my "research", I'll fetch you the links.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2019
czarina:
It's not the mind at all. There was an explanation for it on Quora and one or two other places when I did my "research", I'll fetch you the links.

Really.

But the reverse is the case with me.

I will like to read more about it, looking forward to the links.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by czarina(f): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2019
dirtycoin:

Really.

But the reverse is the case with me.

I will like to read more about it, looking forward to the links.
It may not work with you because you're not "desperate" for a dream or because it's "normal" sleeping position for you.

It's something I noticed worked 100% when I really needed to dream at some point in my life as a teenager.

The dreams came in torrents and most were scary so I stopped and only did it when I really needed to dream and all other "options" are exhausted.

I'll "hunt" for the links later.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
czarina:
It may not work with you because you're not "desperate" for a dream or because it's "normal" sleeping position for you.

It's something I noticed worked 100% when I really needed to dream at some point in my life as a teenager.

The dreams came in torrents and most were scary so I stopped and only did it when I really needed to dream and all other "options" are exhausted.

I'll "hunt" for the links later.

My preferred sleeping position is lying down with my back facing the ceiling.

Take your time, I will come back to read up the articles when you post the links.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by czarina(f): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
dirtycoin:

My preferred sleeping position is lying down with my back facing the ceiling.

Take your time, I will come back to read up the articles when you post the links.

Thank you
Here you go!

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/does-your-sleep-position-affect-your-dreams-science-says-it-totally-does-8260921

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.littlethings.com/sleep-positions-dreams/amp/

https://mind-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/change-your-sleeping-position-control-type-dreams-you-have-0155353/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/31192095

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-have-nightmares-when-sleeping-on-my-back

On the Quora link, the first comment is the one I think you should read.

The other links also explain how our sleeping positions affect our dreams. Focus on the parts about lying face up/sleeping on your back.
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by dirtycoin(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
^^^^^

Thank you for sharing the links. I guess it works for some and for others, it does not work. Like I stated earlier, I prefer to sleep on my back and sometimes on my sides, but I do not experience nightmares.

cc: czarina

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Wadewaltz(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
RAPTEX how you want take succeed with no dream,ehn
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Wadewaltz:
RAPTEX how you want take succeed with no dream,ehn
Do you dream when you sleep?
Re: Is It Normal To Sleep And Not Have Dreams? by Wadewaltz(m): 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
raptex:
Do you dream when you sleep?
Ofcourse

(1) (Reply)

An Answer To Your Yeast, Bacteria Infection And VJ Odour / The Bad Side Of Eating Too Much Of BEANS (EWA) / BREAKING: Nigerians Protest Bill For "Forced Vaccination "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.